Engaged: A Celebration for Caleb and Katheryn (Open to All)

Started by Caleb Brighton, September 29, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[ USS Athena- Outside the Holodeck]

Caleb walked over to the interface to get the program up for the engagement party. This had been a long time coming and he was glad to be able to get the party going. It had been a while since he was engaged to Katheryn. They had not had the chance to actually celebrate and they decided that their next off time would be the perfect time to celebrate. He waited for the others to arrive in order to  be a good host. He adjusted his suit a bit as he waited.

Jenna said she couldn't make the party, but she did send a video message and promised that she would send a double gift in order to make up for it. She did promise that she would attend the wedding stating in her message that, "No amount of distance will stop me." he just shook his head with a laugh. He looked down at his hand and looked at the engagement ring Katheryn picked out for him. He was glad to wear it.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

[Deck 2 - Caleb & Katheryn's Quarters]

With Caleb going ahead so one of them could be there when their guests arrived, Katheryn had remained behind not only to sort out their kitten Buddy but also to finish getting ready as she hadn't wanted Caleb to see what she was wearing preferring to keep it a surprise. The excitement at finally getting the chance to celebrate their engagement bubbled inside her and as she finished putting on her dress and sorting her hair, couldn't wait to get to the holodeck and see everyone knowing how much effort they had both put into throwing a good party. After one final look in the mirror and Buddy fast asleep in his basket, she headed out for the holodeck.

[Outside the Holodeck]

A short turbolift ride later, Katheryn stepped out once the doors opened and walked the short distance along the corridor and quickly went over to her beloved when she spotted him just outside the Holodeck. " Have I told you lately just how much I love you?" she asked unable to stop smiling as she approached him.

https://imgur.com/LfFb3bK

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[Outside the Holodeck]

Caleb turned and it was almost as if time slowed. He smiled as Katheryn made her way toward him. She had a glow about her that made him smile. As she walked, he smiled. His mind went back to the moment they met. Her smile was reminiscent of that night. He smiled wider when she closed the gap to stand in front of him. He gave her a hug and held her close for a moment.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

The way he smiled at her before holding her close was all the response she needed in fact whenever they were together, there often wasn't any need for words as they knew exactly what they had and their bond and love for one another had never been stronger. Enjoying this moment of closeness before their guests arrived and she looked deep into his eyes as she kissed him lightly on the lips then squirmed out his grasp.

" Just what I needed and from the way you looked at me, my choice of surprise outfit was definitely a hit " she said with a playful grin.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Outside the Holodeck ]

Caleb smiled as she squirmed out. "Yes indeed. Buddy is lucky he can only meow. I'll bet he would have spoiled it," He said. He then turned to run the program in the holodeck. It took him a few seconds, but he eventually got it to where he wanted it. "Alright my love, you lead the way first." While he waited for her to head inside, he reached for a box he had hidden just out of sight. He smiled knowing that when she saw the necklace inside, she would flip out. He smiled as he pocketed the box and headed inside.

Katheryn Brighton

[Holodeck]

" That is very true, he would of " she replied teasingly as he turned to start the programme, eager to get inside to see what he had planned for the party as up to that point she had only helped with organising it and had no idea what was in store for her, trusting him completely when he suggested that he create the programme.

When the doors opened and she saw what he had done, she turned smiling at him unable to speak
before taking hold of his hand and led the way inside completely mesmerised by the detail he had gone too especially when she heard a song that was special to them.

https://youtu.be/3m8ElO9Y50Y

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Holodeck ]

Caleb smiled as the room came into view. It very much represented who they were as a couple and their sensibilities. He debated internally when he would give her the necklace and decided that this was the opportune time to do so. "Kayla I have something for you," He said as he reached in his pocket and got out the box that was wrapped in a red ribbon and tied with his signature style bow. He smiled when he handed it to her and smiled even wider at her response. He would obviously help her put the necklace on, but he wanted to see how she reacted first.

Katheryn Brighton

[Holodeck]

Katheryn stopped and turned when Caleb told her that he had something for her and at first it fully didn't register with her as the song continued to play until he handed her the box with red ribbon, smiling at the way he had tied it in his signature style. " Oh Cal you always spoil me " she replied looking directly at him for a moment before carefully taking off the ribbon, her eyes filling with happy tears when she saw the beautiful necklace inside and the small note attached to it.

" To my moon and stars xx"

At that point she had been rendered speechless again as she reached over and kissed him.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Holodeck ]

Caleb smiled when he saw Kayla's reaction. He knew immediately when he saw it that she would love it. He helped her put the necklace on. Once it was on, it glowed just like her smile. It matched her beauty perfectly. "I knew it would be perfect. There are no words I can say that can describe how beautiful you are right now," Caleb said. He smiled when he saw her eyes light up. Making her happy was his goal in life. When she was happy he was happy.

Katheryn Brighton

[Holodeck]

The slight brush of his hands on her neck as he helped her to put the necklace on made her skin shiver pleasantly. Smiling back as he commented on how he knew it would be perfect and that there was no words for him to describe how beautiful she was right now. His smile made her eyes light up and knew how much he always wanted to make her happy and she was the same way with him.

" It is perfect and you always know how to make me feel that way " she replied softly as she leaned in for another brief kiss. Then as the next song began to play she took hold of his hand and led him to the dancefloor.

https://youtu.be/IWSt64gNr30

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Holodeck ]

A few moments later.

Edward and Alphonse arrived a little later than they wanted to. They were happy to be the first ones in sans Caleb and Katheryn. They waved to the two before they walked over to say hello. As they did Wendy arrived, Caleb motioned for Alphonse to follow him over to where the food was so that they could bring it over for everyone. Alphonse insisted that he was an AI and did not need to eat, but he winked at Katheryn as he pulled Alphonse away in order to have him "help carry food".

Katheryn Brighton

Katheryn was happy to see Alphonse, Edward and then Wendy arrive not far behind the brothers with someone didn't recognise and waved at them all before Cal took Alphonse over to the buffet table, winking back to acknowledge his signal as Wendy came walking over to her and both women hugged.

" Kayla you look as gorgeous as ever and there is a favour that I need to ask you both, I've brought my friend Lucy with me and I was hoping that I could get yours and Caleb's help to set her up with Ed as she has a crush on him"

Katheryn smiled at Wendy's request and couldn't think of a more relaxed setting for this to happen. " Of course we can help with that, once we've all eaten leave it up to us and we'll make sure they meet".

Wendy smiled and thanked her before bringing Lucy over to join them at the large table at the side of the dancefloor. Katheryn then walked over to sit down with the guests that had arrived so far.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on October 14, 2017, 09:54:24 PM

Katheryn was happy to see Alphonse, Edward and then Wendy arrive not far behind the brothers with someone didn't recognise and waved at them all before Cal took Alphonse over to the buffet table, winking back to acknowledge his signal as Wendy came walking over to her and both women hugged.

" Kayla you look as gorgeous as ever and there is a favour that I need to ask you both, I've brought my friend Lucy with me and I was hoping that I could get yours and Caleb's help to set her up with Ed as she has a crush on him"

Katheryn smiled at Wendy's request and couldn't think of a more relaxed setting for this to happen. " Of course we can help with that, once we've all eaten leave it up to us and we'll make sure they meet".

Wendy smiled and thanked her before bringing Lucy over to join them at the large table at the side of the dancefloor. Katheryn then walked over to sit down with the guests that had arrived so far.

[ Holodeck ]

Caleb smiled as Katheryn sat next to him at the table that could be used for eating. Ed and Al were getting food when Lucy and Wendy joined Caleb and Katheryn at their table. As a few other guests began to trickle in, Caleb smiled. This was shaping up to be a proper party.

"So Lucy, how did you and Wendy meet? You are engineering right?" Caleb asked Lucy. He was trying to get some information about her so he could best assist with matchmaking. He was said to have a gift as when he left the clinic, love seemed to blossom nicely.  He smiled thinking about how he met the love of his life and he was happy to spread the joy. Little know to her, Caleb had  remembered countless conversations with Edward. He had talked about a lovely female he happened to pass by a few times, but never got the courage to talk to.

Katheryn Brighton

Katheryn was pleased to see other people arrive including some of her security teams, greeting them as Caleb began talking to Lucy smiling when she realised what he was doing and both were keen to share the love and hopefully encourage Edward and Lucy to talk.

" I am yes and we met after Wendy joined the gym class I was in"Lucy replied blushing slightly as Ed and Al returned with the rest of the food and placed it on the table so everyone could help themselves. Ed realising who was at the table talking to Caleb stammered slightly as he said"Hi".

Lucy smiled and returned his greeting then helped herself to food.

Katheryn playfully nudged Caleb under the table as she noticed the exchange then she too helped herself to something to eat as a holographic waiter appeared bringing drinks for everyone at the table.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on October 20, 2017, 08:36:03 PM

Katheryn was pleased to see other people arrive including some of her security teams, greeting them as Caleb began talking to Lucy smiling when she realised what he was doing and both were keen to share the love and hopefully encourage Edward and Lucy to talk.

" I am yes and we met after Wendy joined the gym class I was in"Lucy replied blushing slightly as Ed and Al returned with the rest of the food and placed it on the table so everyone could help themselves. Ed realising who was at the table talking to Caleb stammered slightly as he said"Hi".

Lucy smiled and returned his greeting then helped herself to food.

Katheryn playfully nudged Caleb under the table as she noticed the exchange then she too helped herself to something to eat as a holographic waiter appeared bringing drinks for everyone at the table.

[ Holodeck ]

Caleb smirked for a moment. When Lucy and Edward's eyes met, it seemed like that little bit of magic Caleb and Katheryn shared was there. "My name's Edward," Edward said. While he waited for a response, he both loved and hated Caleb in that moment.

Caleb smiled as Edward finally sat down and waited for Lucy's reply. When Al sat down, he looked inquisitive for a moment at how his brother was acting. He was happy to see him happy though. When the waiter came, Caleb nudged Kayla to take a moment longer so that Ed and Lucy could talk for a bit.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.