Author Topic: Alys' Christening - Open to all  (Read 9912 times)

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alys' Christening - Open to all
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2017, 03:26:36 am »
Bonnie nodded to his question. "Before, I worked as a general practitioner on Earth, I got the offer and at first didn't want to take it. I don't particularly like a change of scenery and this was a massive one, but someone must've talked some sense into me. The opportunity was something I couldn't pass on, even if I'm only on here for a few months."

"Well," Jackson nodded at the information, "glad to have you aboard, Dr Moors."  With that, he turned to the retreating form of Mr Lek.  In a couple of steps, he reached him and patted his shoulder to get his attention.

"Mr Lek, I want you to know how glad I am that you came.  I know it means a lot to Lizzie, it means a lot to me, and I think Alys would be happy if she wasn't... you know, a baby."  Lek was occasionally standoffish with his crewmates; never mean-spirited, but often he kept to himself.  It was a genuine pleasure to see him here celebrating Lizzie's new step in life with the rest of them.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2017, 01:03:21 pm »
As Martin followed the Ferengi away from the crowd, Bonnie turned to face Rhymus. "So, how long have you been on the Challenger?" Bonnie asked, drinking the rest of the champagne and putting the glass down onto a tray. "And what has been the most interesting adventure you've been on?" Bonnie finished.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 01:14:46 pm »
As Martin followed the Ferengi away from the crowd, Bonnie turned to face Rhymus. "So, how long have you been on the Challenger?" Bonnie asked, drinking the rest of the champagne and putting the glass down onto a tray. "And what has been the most interesting adventure you've been on?" Bonnie finished.

"It's been a couple months, I'd say. I'm one of the newer members, along with crewman Klaustrin. As for interesting?" Rhymus paused a moment, as much for dramatic effect as to take a drink. "That depends on what you consider interesting. Since I've come aboard, I've disabled two Jem'Hadar Attack Fighters, destroyed one, fended off a Cardassian riot in the Cargo Bays, and engaged boarders twice my height who fought like tanks through the decks of the ship."

Rhymus smirked, obviously proud of his accomplishments so far. "If you don't believe me, ask the good Doctor Vaughan. She was there for half of it. Even took part in the fighting." He then looked to the woman in question.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 05:48:33 pm »
"It's been a couple months, I'd say. I'm one of the newer members, along with crewman Klaustrin. As for interesting?" Rhymus paused a moment, as much for dramatic effect as to take a drink. "That depends on what you consider interesting. Since I've come aboard, I've disabled two Jem'Hadar Attack Fighters, destroyed one, fended off a Cardassian riot in the Cargo Bays, and engaged boarders twice my height who fought like tanks through the decks of the ship."

Rhymus smirked, obviously proud of his accomplishments so far. "If you don't believe me, ask the good Doctor Vaughan. She was there for half of it. Even took part in the fighting." He then looked to the woman in question.

Bonnie listened to the list that Rhymus gave and raised an eyebrow in surprise. His list made her slightly uncomfortable, not because of him, but because of the amount of action the ship had faced and only in the past couple of months. Bonnie had come to terms with the fact that she'd experience some fighting here and there, but this was a whole different level for her to come to terms with.

"Wow, that all sounds very exciting. I don't need proof from Doctor Vaughan, I believe you." Bonnie could tell the man was being truthful about it. Bonnie had been taking note of everyone's state as she'd arrived. Most people were happy, she could tell that just by their demeanours, Bonnie didn't need to be a Betazoid to know that, but not this man. This man was brimming with a mixture of happiness and a sort of excitement; she could tell Rhymus was proud of himself. She could feel it.

When he mentioned the boarders, Bonnie would've been surprised if he was beat in a fight with someone. He was in great shape. "I wouldn't have expected any less from you either. The boarders might've been bigger than you, but you're in great shape. There's no denying that. Do you go to the gym a lot? You're physically exceptional." Bonnie wasn't brought up to lie, Betazoids typically couldn't understand the act of lying, but Bonnie understood it. Only if it was to hide something big from someone so they weren't hurt. She guessed that was down to her human half, but she was still always as honest as she could be.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:53:55 pm by Bonnie Moors »

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 06:25:00 pm »
Bonnie listened to the list that Rhymus gave and raised an eyebrow in surprise. His list made her slightly uncomfortable, not because of him, but because of the amount of action the ship had faced and only in the past couple of months. Bonnie had come to terms with the fact that she'd experience some fighting here and there, but this was a whole different level for her to come to terms with.

"Wow, that all sounds very exciting. I don't need proof from Doctor Vaughan, I believe you." Bonnie could tell the man was being truthful about it. Bonnie had been taking note of everyone's state as she'd arrived. Most people were happy, she could tell that just by their demeanours, Bonnie didn't need to be a Betazoid to know that, but not this man. This man was brimming with a mixture of happiness and a sort of excitement; she could tell Rhymus was proud of himself. She could feel it.

When he mentioned the boarders, Bonnie would've been surprised if he was beat in a fight with someone. He was in great shape. "I wouldn't have expected any less from you either. The boarders might've been bigger than you, but you're in great shape. There's no denying that. Do you go to the gym a lot? You're physically exceptional." Bonnie wasn't brought up to lie, Betazoids typically couldn't understand the act of lying, but Bonnie understood it. Only if it was to hide something big from someone so they weren't hurt. She guessed that was down to her human half, but she was still always as honest as she could be.

"Well," Rhymus tugged at this tunic with a free hand. "I do try and hit the gym a couple times a week. But it's more about your training than raw strength. Proper use of what you already have will always trump out pure power. Plus, it helps when you have a good phaser at your disposal." He chuckled.

"But what about you, Doctor Moors? You said you came from Earth. Where about?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:33:31 pm by Rhymus Cleroux »

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 08:00:52 pm »
"Well," Jackson nodded at the information, "glad to have you aboard, Dr Moors."  With that, he turned to the retreating form of Mr Lek.  In a couple of steps, he reached him and patted his shoulder to get his attention.

"Mr Lek, I want you to know how glad I am that you came.  I know it means a lot to Lizzie, it means a lot to me, and I think Alys would be happy if she wasn't... you know, a baby."  Lek was occasionally standoffish with his crewmates; never mean-spirited, but often he kept to himself.  It was a genuine pleasure to see him here celebrating Lizzie's new step in life with the rest of them.

Lek gave Cleroux one last baleful gaze as Jackson spoke and brightened a bit by the time he finished speaking.

"Thank you Mister Jackson... er... Martin. That was very kind of you. It is not easy to be so isolated from one's culture and people. I know what most people think of my species and you do not treat me like I am some how lesser than you. I appreciate your efforts at being a better person than most."

Lek gazed wistfully in the direction of Dr. Moors one last time before he put on a plastic smile and waited for this miserable event to end.
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 02:33:50 am »
"Well," Rhymus tugged at this tunic with a free hand. "I do try and hit the gym a couple times a week. But it's more about your training than raw strength. Proper use of what you already have will always trump out pure power. Plus, it helps when you have a good phaser at your disposal." He chuckled.

"But what about you, Doctor Moors? You said you came from Earth. Where about?"

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgement when he said it's more than just strength and training contributed. Her thoughts turned to the next question he asked. "I was born on Betazed, after about 6 years we moved back to Earth after my parents went through a divorce. We moved back to where my mother lived before she met my father. Austin, Texas." Bonnie finished.

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 04:03:42 am »
Bonnie nodded in acknowledgement when he said it's more than just strength and training contributed. Her thoughts turned to the next question he asked. "I was born on Betazed, after about 6 years we moved back to Earth after my parents went through a divorce. We moved back to where my mother lived before she met my father. Austin, Texas." Bonnie finished.

"Across the pond then? I'm from France, in case my suave demeanor didn't already give that away." Rhymus made a slight bow to the women.

"What will you be doing aboard Challenger, Doctor Moors? You don't see many civilians aboard Starfleet ships, if at all."

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 12:16:52 pm »
"Across the pond then? I'm from France, in case my suave demeanor didn't already give that away." Rhymus made a slight bow to the women.

"What will you be doing aboard Challenger, Doctor Moors? You don't see many civilians aboard Starfleet ships, if at all."

"Ah, France, the French have always been known for their suave demeanours." Bonnie grinned. "I'm familiar with France, what area of France are you from?" She asked.

"I'm going to be working as a scientific researcher. What the normal scientists do, but I'll be working on side projects too." Bonnie paused for a moment. "It's all new to me. I've never been somewhere knowing  a I might be shot at but I'll be safe on the ship with someone like you on board, with an impressive record like that." Bonnie finished, smiling at the man.

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »
"Ah, France, the French have always been known for their suave demeanours." Bonnie grinned. "I'm familiar with France, what area of France are you from?" She asked.

"Grand Est. More specifically the Champagne-Ardenne region, in the Marne department, in the town of Reims. Try saying that three times fast." The man smirked. "My family has lived there for more generations than I can count."

"I'm going to be working as a scientific researcher. What the normal scientists do, but I'll be working on side projects too." Bonnie paused for a moment. "It's all new to me. I've never been somewhere knowing  a I might be shot at but I'll be safe on the ship with someone like you on board, with an impressive record like that." Bonnie finished, smiling at the man.

"You'll get the hang of it sooner than you think. You seem the resourceful type. And there shouldn't be much danger for you other than the rare lab accident, though. The Security teams are ever-vigilant, and we're only one call away. Someone would have to be quite persistent just to lay a finger on you." Rhymus nodded, confident in his boast of the Security teams' abilities.

He then finished off the drink in his hand. "Well, Doctor, Doctor. I believe I have stolen enough of your time as is. There are much more people to meet, and I'm sure they are just as eager as I have been to meet you. Although, I would reintroduce yourself to Lieutenant Lek. He seems to have taken my humor a bit too literally, and stormed off before being properly conversed. If you do require me, I can usually be found on Deck Nine, in the Armory or Chief Tactical Officer's office. Doctor Vaughan, congratulations on a bouncing baby girl. Doctor Moors, Je vous reverrai."

The man offered a respectful nod and a smile before moving away from the two, starting up another conversation with a group of crewmen and officers.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2017, 06:58:54 pm »
"Grand Est. More specifically the Champagne-Ardenne region, in the Marne department, in the town of Reims. Try saying that three times fast." The man smirked. "My family has lived there for more generations than I can count."

"You'll get the hang of it sooner than you think. You seem the resourceful type. And there shouldn't be much danger for you other than the rare lab accident, though. The Security teams are ever-vigilant, and we're only one call away. Someone would have to be quite persistent just to lay a finger on you." Rhymus nodded, confident in his boast of the Security teams' abilities.

He then finished off the drink in his hand. "Well, Doctor, Doctor. I believe I have stolen enough of your time as is. There are much more people to meet, and I'm sure they are just as eager as I have been to meet you. Although, I would reintroduce yourself to Lieutenant Lek. He seems to have taken my humor a bit too literally, and stormed off before being properly conversed. If you do require me, I can usually be found on Deck Nine, in the Armory or Chief Tactical Officer's office. Doctor Vaughan, congratulations on a bouncing baby girl. Doctor Moors, Je vous reverrai."

The man offered a respectful nod and a smile before moving away from the two, starting up another conversation with a group of crewmen and officers.

Bonnie listened to Rhymus explain where he was from in France. She knew roughly where he came from, she'd never been to that area before but she was sure it was a nice place, if Rhymus himself was anything to go by.

As the man took his leave, Bonnie smiled at him. "I'm sure we will cross paths again, Rhymus. It was a pleasure to meet you." Bonnie turned around, making her way for the Ferengi and Martin. "And how are you both over here? You wouldn't happen to be able to get me another drink, would you?" Bonnie smiled at the Ferengi, then moved to Martin. "I'd like you to both tell me about yourselves. I'm trying to get to know everyone on the ship and think that would be a good start." Bonnie finished.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:00:00 pm by Bonnie Moors »

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2017, 07:18:14 pm »
"And how are you both over here? You wouldn't happen to be able to get me another drink, would you?" Bonnie smiled at the Ferengi, then moved to Martin. "I'd like you to both tell me about yourselves. I'm trying to get to know everyone on the ship and think that would be a good start." Bonnie finished.

Martin smiled at the woman.  "Not much to tell, to be honest.  I bounced between Florida and Montana growing up, working on Grandpa's ranches.  I got into a lot of sports and fitness stuff," he said, pointing vaguely to his bulk.  "Then, I got into Starfleet.  They needed Ops folks more than Medical, so I ended up here."  Then, he turned to Lek.  "I'll bet Mr Lek's got a good bit of a story, though."

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:41 pm »
Lizzie, cradling Alys who appeared to be thoroughly enjoying herself, stood and watched her crew mates interact. It was rare that they did so like this, which is why she had gone to such pains. It was soon time for the service to start and then there would be food and more drink.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »
Quote from: Bonnie Moors on Today at 06:58:54 PM
"And how are you both over here? You wouldn't happen to be able to get me another drink, would you?" Bonnie smiled at the Ferengi, then moved to Martin. "I'd like you to both tell me about yourselves. I'm trying to get to know everyone on the ship and think that would be a good start." Bonnie finished.

Martin smiled at the woman.  "Not much to tell, to be honest.  I bounced between Florida and Montana growing up, working on Grandpa's ranches.  I got into a lot of sports and fitness stuff," he said, pointing vaguely to his bulk.  "Then, I got into Starfleet.  They needed Ops folks more than Medical, so I ended up here."  Then, he turned to Lek.  "I'll bet Mr Lek's got a good bit of a story, though."

[Enlisted Mess Hall]

Lek  half nodded, half grunted and brought the new scientist another drink, arrive just as Martin offered him a chance to speak.

"Well, not much more to add from what I already told you. Five years in Starfleet. Recently promoted to lieutenant junior grade. Been in engineering my whole career. Gifted with power systems. That's about all there is, not a dashing, tall security type at all."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2017, 10:15:30 pm »
"Well, not much more to add from what I already told you. Five years in Starfleet. Recently promoted to lieutenant junior grade. Been in engineering my whole career. Gifted with power systems. That's about all there is, not a dashing, tall security type at all."

Martin laughed at that.  "Hah!  Yeah, our security team is pretty great.  But Mr Lek here's the reason we've still got a ship under us, make no mistake!"  Lek seemed to be sulking a little, but he wasn't being quite fair to himself.  He had the right to be proud of his achievements.  The last two missions would have ended in catastrophic failure if it hadn't been for Lek's Engineering skill. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:24:40 pm by Martin Jackson »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles