S1-M8 Crackpot of the Empire

Started by T'Ra Jones, September 03, 2017, 12:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 22, 2017, 06:56:24 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra stepped onto the bridge to find herself amidst a flurry of activity. Taking a place in the centre of the bridge, she took a deep breath to get ready for the litany of commands she was about to issue. "Miss Zex, I want you to get started on that bio signature," T'Ra began, clasping her hands behind her back. Turning to the two security officers, she added, "Miss Wyman, could you bring us to yellow alert and head down to the shuttle bay and prepare to meet our visitor. And K-5, please open the channel to the defector."

[Bridge]

Zex turned from Ardy to Jones.  "Yes, Ma'am.  That I can do" she replied.

"I already had my board primed for the order.  Come up now" she said.  Then the image popped up on the view screen.  "Romulan" she announced after the fact.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 23, 2017, 02:45:59 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra adopted a similar stance to the one she had employed when she spoke to Admiral Townsend. Her feet were shoulder width apart, arms folded behind her back, and her face a perfect Vulcan mask. She gave a nod of appreciation to the android before she was suddenly hit by a wave of nausea and unwanted emotion. She blinked it away, steeling herself to deal with the so-called defector. His image slowly appeared on the main viewer. From what she could see, the Romulan bore the rank of Colonel and seemed to be in considerable distress.

"Na'shaya, Colonel," T'Ra said, replying in kind. "I'm Commander Jones of the USS Shran. We are prepared to offer you political asylum and conduct you to Starbase 12 in exchange for certain information that you claim to possess." Something in the Romulan's demeanor made her pause, arching a brow.

Her expression turned to an unusual frown, recognizing the Romulan equivalent for "mayday".

"Beam him aboard. Now!" she barked. Tapping her commbadge, she hastened to add, =A=Bridge to Sickbay, prepare to receive an emergency transport.=A= Her fingers had barely slipped from her communicator when the Romulan shuttle exploded. "Bring us to red alert. Miss Wymann, please meet our guest in Sickbay."

[NPC - Ada]

"Locking on" Ada said from her station.  She had been oddly quite for awhile.  "Transporting now, Ms. Jones" she said.

=/\=Bridge to Sickbay.  You have incoming.  Site to site transport.  Bridge out =/\= she said after tapping her combadge.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 23, 2017, 02:45:59 AM

"Beam him aboard. Now!" she barked. Tapping her commbadge, she hastened to add, =A=Bridge to Sickbay, prepare to receive an emergency transport.=A= Her fingers had barely slipped from her communicator when the Romulan shuttle exploded. "Bring us to red alert. Miss Wymann, please meet our guest in Sickbay."

Bridge

Kira was about to set off after activating yellow alert when everything seemed to escalate to a different level. Next minute, Kira heard the commander say 'bring us to red alert' and her location had been switched from the shuttle bay to the sickbay. Kira nodded at the commander and quickly set the ship to red alert, then made her way to the turbo lift to meet the man down in the sickbay. Kira had heard this ship seemed to have bad luck but she wan't sure if she believed it. Now, she was fully convinced.

Sickbay

The turbo lift stopped and Kira rushed through the corridor towards the sickbay where the Romulan was being transported. As she arrived she slapped the door panel and walked through the door, the Romulan begun to materialise in the room. A group of doctors and nurses rushed towards him, Kira walked over to the crowd. "How's he doing?" Kira asked.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Amynta Lianez

Amynta had only just made it back to Sickbay when everything errupted into chaos. She managed to join the crowd of people clustering around the Romulan, and called out, "I think you'd better give him some space!"

Quote from: Kira Wyman on September 23, 2017, 11:11:54 AM

Bridge

Kira was about to set off after activating yellow alert when everything seemed to escalate to a different level. Next minute, Kira heard the commander say 'bring us to red alert' and her location had been switched from the shuttle bay to the sickbay. Kira nodded at the commander and quickly set the ship to red alert, then made her way to the turbo lift to meet the man down in the sickbay. Kira had heard this ship seemed to have bad luck but she wan't sure if she believed it. Now, she was fully convinced.

Sickbay

The turbo lift stopped and Kira rushed through the corridor towards the sickbay where the Romulan was being transported. As she arrived she slapped the door panel and walked through the door, the Romulan begun to materialise in the room. A group of doctors and nurses rushed towards him, Kira walked over to the crowd. "How's he doing?" Kira asked.

A stern voice interjected as well from the other side of the group, "The counselor is entirely correct. Buehler and Trea can stay if you want, the rest of you will be called in if you're needed." Dr. Smithe  was already scanning the new arrival with a medical tricorder, trying to evaluate his patient. A raised heart rate seemed fairly obvious under the circumstances, temperature was normal, along with other vitals. Several fresh cuts from debris and a few minor burns might need a bit of work, but nothing life threatening at the moment. Any deeper scans were disrupted by the wealth of technology embedded into their 'guest.'

"He'll need treatment for these injuries, but nothing life threatening at the moment." The doctor responded, not looking up from his readings at Wyman.

Amynta didn't mean to ignore the two of them, but decided not to interrupt their conversation, instead turning to the guest. "I hope you don't mind the dramatic entrance," she greeted him with a slight smile, "Welcome to the Shran."

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on September 23, 2017, 12:21:57 PM

Amynta had only just made it back to Sickbay when everything errupted into chaos. She managed to join the crowd of people clustering around the Romulan, and called out, "I think you'd better give him some space!"

A stern voice interjected as well from the other side of the group, "The counselor is entirely correct. Buehler and Trea can stay if you want, the rest of you will be called in if you're needed." Dr. Smithe  was already scanning the new arrival with a medical tricorder, trying to evaluate his patient. A raised heart rate seemed fairly obvious under the circumstances, temperature was normal, along with other vitals. Several fresh cuts from debris and a few minor burns might need a bit of work, but nothing life threatening at the moment. Any deeper scans were disrupted by the wealth of technology embedded into their 'guest.'

"He'll need treatment for these injuries, but nothing life threatening at the moment." The doctor responded, not looking up from his readings at Wyman.

Amynta didn't mean to ignore the two of them, but decided not to interrupt their conversation, instead turning to the guest. "I hope you don't mind the dramatic entrance," she greeted him with a slight smile, "Welcome to the Shran."

As the crowd dispersed around to several different parts of the room, Kira walked up to the man and looked down at him. Amynta welcomed him and Kira smiled, nodding at the man. "It seems you made it, just in time. How are you feeling?" Kira asked, pausing for a moment. "And do you have the information? Or did it go down with the ship?" Kira finished, finding a chair and sitting down next to him.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Michael Ferdinand

[Somewhere on the Shran]

Alyssa was running through the decks of the Odyssey class starship, hopelessly lost. She hadn't been here long, and she was still attempting to learn the deck layout, but as usual, every deck looked exactly the same as every other one. The computer was of no help either. Every turn she followed only wound up becoming a circle and she had spent the better half of a day trying to determine where in the hell the sickbay was.

"Out of the way! Doctor coming through." she shouted as she pushed past a few enlisted personnel in order to make a sharp right down the hall of deck nine. It has been so long since she used that term: Doctor. The last time she was called that, she had been more of a dominatrix than a doctor. She was responsible for making physical evaluations a living hell for anyone that dared cross her, and even then, she did more damage than she did healing. It was probably a good thing she had left when she did.

For the past several years, Alyssa had been on Earth raising her son. She had originally quit Starfleet in order to take on this endeavor. There were many times where she wanted nothing more than to scream at the crying infant, to inflict pain on it like she would have done to a crew member that behaved similarly. And that's when it clicked. She was a monster...

Over the years, Alyssa had been to many, many, counselors, seeking help and treatment for whatever the hell was going on with her. At first they told her it was depression, but after a few therapy sessions, she learned that it was BPD fused with a bit of NPD. That should have been obvious to her. Before she was a CMO on the Churchill, she had been a counselor. She knew all of the symptoms but never once did she self-reflect long enough to realize it. Not until she had her son.

[Sickbay]
The doors to the sickbay whooshed open as Alyssa ran in. Her heart was pounding. Her forehead was drenched in sweat. "Doc-...Doctor Alyssa Meadows. Reporting in." she said as she tried to regain her breath. "What did I miss?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Kirok

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on September 23, 2017, 09:42:24 AM

[NPC - Ada]

"Locking on" Ada said from her station.  She had been oddly quite for awhile.  "Transporting now, Ms. Jones" she said.

=/\=Bridge to Sickbay.  You have incoming.  Site to site transport.  Bridge out =/\= she said after tapping her combadge.

[Bridge]

Zex looked back at her duty station monitor as the transport was taking place.  The bio signature disappeared from her screen.  There was no one else on the vessel.

"All bio signs accounted for, Ma'am.  Perhaps we should get some distance between us and that ship.  And raise shields" she called out.

The Deltan looked up.  He face turned to Ardy.  Then to K-5.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Zex on September 23, 2017, 10:48:07 PM

[Bridge]

Zex looked back at her duty station monitor as the transport was taking place.  The bio signature disappeared from her screen.  There was no one else on the vessel.

"All bio signs accounted for, Ma'am.  Perhaps we should get some distance between us and that ship.  And raise shields" she called out.

The Deltan looked up.  He face turned to Ardy.  Then to K-5.

[Bridge - NPC:  Ada]

"Rerouting power to shields, propulsion, and navigation" Ada called out.  She clicked a few buttons.  "Any other orders, Commander?" the hologram asked.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on September 23, 2017, 12:21:57 PM

Several fresh cuts from debris and a few minor burns might need a bit of work, but nothing life threatening at the moment. Any deeper scans were disrupted by the wealth of technology embedded into their 'guest.'

Quote from: Kira Wyman on September 23, 2017, 07:40:30 PM

As the crowd dispersed around to several different parts of the room, Kira walked up to the man and looked down at him. Amynta welcomed him and Kira smiled, nodding at the man. "It seems you made it, just in time. How are you feeling?" Kira asked, pausing for a moment. "And do you have the information? Or did it go down with the ship?" Kira finished, finding a chair and sitting down next to him.

[Sickbay]

Colonel Seto was taken aback to suddenly find himself surrounded by people. Damn that admiral, he thought to himself. Leave it to him to pull a stunt like that. Even though it very easily could have cost the colonel his life, Seto was still more inclined to trust the Tal Shiar to have his back. You couldn't trust hevam for anything.

And he was loathe to have them treat his injuries, but the situation called for him acting like a wilful informant. So he sucked in a haphazard breath. "I - I..." he sputtered, genuinely feeling anxious. "M-my shuttle had some of my notes, but that was mostly speculation. The burden of proof lies in this."

He pointed at the implant above his eye, a long, sleek piece of metal that followed the curve of his brow before turning towards his jaw for a fraction of an inch. "And these," he pointed to several other pieces that obviously did not belong. "They made me do it." Seto wasn't lying when he said this, nor was he entirely telling the truth.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on September 23, 2017, 11:02:46 PM

[Bridge - NPC:  Ada]

"Rerouting power to shields, propulsion, and navigation" Ada called out.  She clicked a few buttons.  "Any other orders, Commander?" the hologram asked.

[Bridge]

"Maintain red alert status," T'Ra replied, not so much addressing Ada as the room in general. "But drop the klaxons." They were starting to make her head hurt, and no doubt proving to be a nuisance to anyone trying to think. "Zex, now that we have the defector aboard, can you detect any other Romulans present?" She couldn't imagine that the shuttle had exploded for no reason. "And Miss Jaeger, please lay in that alternate course and proceed with all possible haste."

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on September 23, 2017, 09:54:00 PM

[Sickbay]

The doors to the sickbay whooshed open as Alyssa ran in. Her heart was pounding. Her forehead was drenched in sweat. "Doc-...Doctor Alyssa Meadows. Reporting in." she said as she tried to regain her breath. "What did I miss?"

[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan found himself arching a brow as T'Ra was wont to do, and he almost laughed in spite of himself, but then he reminded himself of where he was and what he was supposed to be doing. Might as well be in a morgue, he thought. Except the patient was still alive and kicking, not literally kicking -that was Steve's job- but the point was... he didn't have time to finish the thought before it was interrupted by a blonde walking into the room.

"You haven't missed much, he told the new arrival. "Just the usual 'things going boom', and now we seem to be saddled with a stimulant defector who claims to have Borg implants. Welcome to the party. I'm Buehler."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 24, 2017, 02:14:20 AM

[Bridge]

"Maintain red alert status," T'Ra replied, not so much addressing Ada as the room in general. "But drop the klaxons." They were starting to make her head hurt, and no doubt proving to be a nuisance to anyone trying to think. "Zex, now that we have the defector aboard, can you detect any other Romulans present?" She couldn't imagine that the shuttle had exploded for no reason. "And Miss Jaeger, please lay in that alternate course and proceed with all possible haste."

Evan found himself arching a brow as T'Ra was wont to do, and he almost laughed in spite of himself, but then he reminded himself of where he was and what he was supposed to be doing. Might as well be in a morgue, he thought. Except the patient was still alive and kicking, not literally kicking -that was Steve's job- but the point was... he didn't have time to finish the thought before it was interrupted by a blonde walking into the room.

"You haven't missed much, he told the new arrival. "Just the usual 'things going boom', and now we seem to be saddled with a stimulant defector who claims to have Borg implants. Welcome to the party. I'm Buehler."

[Bridge]

"Aye, Ma'am" Zex replied.  She turned back to her duty station and started tapping away.  "Looking for bio signatures with long range sensors" the Deltan reported.

'Faster' she thought to herself.  She was feeling slightly anxious.
Getting that something bad about to happen feeling.

She lifted her hands off the board.  And shook them.  Trying to keep calm.

Then red light popped up on her board.  "Incoming Romulan bio signatures.  Multiple and fast" she called out and pointed in the direction of incoming vessels.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 24, 2017, 02:14:20 AM

Panting, Alyssa said, "Okay, good. I thought I missed something imp-...Wait, did you just say...BORG implants?!" She stopped and she made eye contact with the Romulan. Her black eyes pierced the man's seemingly tough exterior as she looked him up and down. Those were Borg implants alright and she didn't have the slightest clue what they were being used. Other than that, nothing impressive. It wasn't anything she hadn't seen before.

Alyssa hoped that they didn't expect her to patch up any of those implants. She had little to no experience with the things and always felt it was more of an Engineering task to figure out how to modify and work with them. Plus, they generally just creeped her out.

Chainsaw. She should get a chainsaw and solve this manner like she would have before her departure. She shook her head. No, she couldn't do that. She had made such a large effort to get better. She wasn't  going to throw away years of therapy and treatment just for some out-of-the-blue whim to retake her fancy. Plus, how would she justify it to her new command staff. Hey all, I'm Alyssa Meadows and I was just replicating this chainsaw for..medical purposes. Yeah no, that wasn't going to work. She needed to put that past behind her.

Alyssa leaned in towards Buehler, whispering, "What the hell is going on here?"

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on September 24, 2017, 10:28:42 AM

Panting, Alyssa said, "Okay, good. I thought I missed something imp-...Wait, did you just say...BORG implants?!" She stopped and she made eye contact with the Romulan. Her black eyes pierced the man's seemingly tough exterior as she looked him up and down. Those were Borg implants alright and she didn't have the slightest clue what they were being used. Other than that, nothing impressive. It wasn't anything she hadn't seen before.

Chainsaw. She should get a chainsaw and solve this manner like she would have before her departure. She shook her head. No, she couldn't do that. She had made such a large effort to get better. She wasn't  going to throw away years of therapy and treatment just for some out-of-the-blue whim to retake her fancy. Plus, how would she justify it to her new command staff. Hey all, I'm Alyssa Meadows and I was just replicating this chainsaw for..medical purposes. Yeah no, that wasn't going to work. She needed to put that past behind her.

Alyssa leaned in towards Buehler, whispering, "What the hell is going on here?"

Evan watched the new doctor's face she absorbed the information. He couldn't quite read her the way he could T'Ra, but he was still amused. "Hell if I know," he whispered back. "You think they tell me anything? 'Evan, patch this guy up... Evan, patch that guy up.' If the patient dies, it's the doctor's fault. If the patient lives, the saints saved him. But I'm sure you already know that?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 24, 2017, 03:27:47 PM

Evan watched the new doctor's face she absorbed the information. He couldn't quite read her the way he could T'Ra, but he was still amused. "Hell if I know," he whispered back. "You think they tell me anything? 'Evan, patch this guy up... Evan, patch that guy up.' If the patient dies, it's the doctor's fault. If the patient lives, the saints saved him. But I'm sure you already know that?"

Alyssa nodded. "Yep, that's how the story goes." she said. "Then again, I think the last time someone tried to blame me for events out of my control, you could hear us running through the corridors. Well, mostly me just shouting at him that his next physical was going to be fun."

She smiled as she said that and then turned her attention back on the Romulan, her smile turning into a scowl. "Oi, you." As she grabbed his attention she made the I have my eyes on you hand gesture.

Alyssa grabbed the closest tricorder she could find and opened it. The screen display and the associating noises brought back a plethora of vivid memories of using the device. Yet this one was different. The medical tricorder models had been updated since she had last held one in her hand. It was almost surreal, having to learn to navigate it. She could feel herself mentally stumbling as she took out the small attachment and began to scan the Romulan.

"You have minor lacerations on his face and a first degree burn on your hand." She looked at him again. "I'll patch it up for you, but I want to know something. What exactly happened?"

Kira Wyman

Kira sat next to the Romulan and watched the 2 doctors, at first talk, and then start to ask the Romulan questions. Kira opted to stay silent, listening to the medical officer and the Romulan and just take notes on what she heard, rather than ask the same questions later. Kira raised from her chair and looked at Alyssa. "I've been sent to make sure he's ok and then prepare him for either the XO or the CO, whichever comes to see him." She paused for a moment. "And I think they want him watched while he's on the ship, to make sure he is actually serious about this." Bonnie whispered to Alyssa. "My name is Kira, lieutenant Kira Wyman. I'm in security."

Click Image to view Bio!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.