Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer  (Read 16947 times)

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 07:01:30 am »
Caleb then reached into his pocket. He got out his handkerchief and handed it to her so she could clean her face. He then gave her the smile that was only meant for her and he pulled her in for a hug. He kissed the top of her hood covered head and enjoyed the moment. It was then  his wrist vibrated. He moved his arm so that he could check his wrist PADD. Despite not wanting to speak, he needed to get the information across. "I am sorry my love to break the silence,"Caleb began. "It seems there is a major storm coming in the next hour. I say we vamoose on the next shuttle. Then we can have our shower and time with Buddy."

Caleb let a small amount of time pass before he turned to walk with Kathryn back toward the center of the outpost. Once they were there, they would find the standby area to be shuttled back. He handed her the side satchel he brought down to be filled with water. Despite the wind, it was nice to be down on the planet and helping out with the excavation. There were a few cases of dehydration and heat exhaustion, but nothing too alarming. Once she had her sip, he took his. "Hopefully the next shuttle will come soon. I don't want to fill up the flask down here if we don't need to,"Caleb said.

[Xid - Excavation Site]

Her slight irritation at what had happened soon vanished not only with Caleb handing over his handkerchief so she could wipe her face but also with the way he looked and smiled at her and how could she stay angry at him when he was being his normal sweet self. She thanked him before wiping the rest of the sand away smiling back as he then pulled her into a hug and felt his lips brush the top of her head. Enjoying this quiet moment despite the wind howling and the sand swirling around them and it was only broken by his wrist PADD going off.

She knew he only spoke because it was needed and the idea of getting off the planet before the storm hit sounded even better to her as she wasn't particularly fond of storms of any kind. " No need to apologise and that sounds like a plan babe, I'm looking forward to unwinding" she replied.

After making sure that the cargo shuttle was secure and ready to depart she walked with Caleb to the centre of the outpost and took in the view knowing that she had thoroughly enjoyed her time on the planet and getting involved. Once they reached the standby area so they could be shuttled back to the ship she graciously accepted the side satchel he had brought savouring the cool clear water as she took a sip before handing it back to him. " I hope it won't be too long and yeah definitely although if we do need to refill it, I don't mind doing that " she said looking at him.

Academy Commandant

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 08:26:00 pm »
[Aboard Cargo Shuttle 2, a Type 9A Cargo Shuttlecraft, Xid - Excavation Site]

Arrun waited for a little bit and got no reply, as other shuttles were still being loaded he was not too surprised. Plus, he understood no-one wanted to be first to leave the site before the Captain and Commander. However, he had a full load and had the fortune of being a trained pilot.

=/\= Arrun to Athena, lifting off now. =/\=

He then entered the launch sequence and slowly rose the cargo shuttle up and away from site.

[Cargo Shuttle 2, Xid Atmosphere]

Despite the wide path the flight plan had taken from the heaviest part of the storm, the shuttle still rocked and swayed from the high wind speeds. The sand rattled along the shuttle's hull to no effect; the plating being more than enough for the weathering. Though, Arrun did keep an eye on hull strain  levels and prepared to activate shields if matters got worse. In his flights on Xid, he had yet to do so; but, flight regulations dictated he stay vigilant and ready for the situation to worsen.

The shuttle lurched hard to one side, causing Arrun to grip his panel with trained ease, as to not bash his face against it. He then tapped at his controls to combat the hard shakes he was feeling.

=/\= Arrun to Athena, I am halfway from escaping atmosphere, turbulence is a lot rougher than it was on the way down. Please advise other shuttles of the hazard. Cargo Shuttle 2 still on course and on schedule to arrive. =/\= 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:27:05 pm by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 12:07:46 pm »
[Xid- Excavation Site]

Constance was conversing with some of the permanent staff, checking logs and inventory lists when a dashing older man approached her.

The well,dressed, older man said with a rakish smile. Constance met his warm advances with an icy frown.

She began in a matter of fact tone,

The silver fox just shrugged,
Constance, once again, gave him an icy glare and he just held his hands up defensively. He was from a different time, that was for sure- the era of Kirk was long gone but some of the dinosaurs still hung around. How'd they'd ever considered these cowboys worthy of commanding a starship was beyond her.

She tore herself from Professor Danger as James approached. He was a welcome sight indeed...

She said, a respectful nod greeting him, She explained with a nod. She seemed to rush though the statement and Prof. Danger just nodded casually- adding a wink for good measure.

Just then Susan's voice cut in, relaying

She replied, tapping her comm badge.

Ash's offer of water was well received and Constance thanked her, She advised, offering the water to James and the Professor who accepted it and took a swig from it like it was brandy.

Constance began to slowly make her way towards the landing site, hopefully a shuttle would be along in a moment or two to pick the party up. If worse came to absolute worse, the Intrepid-class was designed to be able to physically land on the surface of planets and she could call down the Athena- though her Engineering staff might mutiny; the damage the engines would suffer being exposed to that much sand would take them a week to clean out.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »
[Aboard Cargo Shuttle 2, a Type 9A Cargo Shuttlecraft, Xid - Excavation Site]

Arrun waited for a little bit and got no reply, as other shuttles were still being loaded he was not too surprised. Plus, he understood no-one wanted to be first to leave the site before the Captain and Commander. However, he had a full load and had the fortune of being a trained pilot.

=/\= Arrun to Athena, lifting off now. =/\=

He then entered the launch sequence and slowly rose the cargo shuttle up and away from site.

[Cargo Shuttle 2, Xid Atmosphere]

Despite the wide path the flight plan had taken from the heaviest part of the storm, the shuttle still rocked and swayed from the high wind speeds. The sand rattled along the shuttle's hull to no effect; the plating being more than enough for the weathering. Though, Arrun did keep an eye on hull strain  levels and prepared to activate shields if matters got worse. In his flights on Xid, he had yet to do so; but, flight regulations dictated he stay vigilant and ready for the situation to worsen.

The shuttle lurched hard to one side, causing Arrun to grip his panel with trained ease, as to not bash his face against it. He then tapped at his controls to combat the hard shakes he was feeling.

=/\= Arrun to Athena, I am halfway from escaping atmosphere, turbulence is a lot rougher than it was on the way down. Please advise other shuttles of the hazard. Cargo Shuttle 2 still on course and on schedule to arrive. =/\=

Athena - Bridge

Suzie received the call from the Shuttle and immediately responded.

=/\=Athena to Arrun. Received and understood, will advise the rest of the away team. If you adjust your course 5 degrees to Starboard, that should take you further away from the turbulence.=/\= She replied, looking at the weather readouts.

She closed the channel and opened another.

=/\=Athena to Away team. We are picking up increasing turbulence in the upper ionosphere. If it increases another 20kph, shuttles will be unable to reach escape velocity. Recommend you depart immediately.=/\=

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 04:39:06 pm »
[Xid- Excavation Site]

=/\= "Understood Athena. We will board the last shuttle down here then we will begin to transport any remaining crew." =/\= She replied, heading to a Type 9A shuttlecraft that had just landed. She got in, as did Professor Danger. She could hear the wind picking up- even with their advanced atmospheric systems mother nature could always find a way to surprise them.

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:16 pm »
[Shuttle Bay, Athena]

=/\= Arrun to Bridge, Cargo Shuttle 2 has landed and is beginning unloading now. =/\=

Arrun stepped out of his shuttle a tired man. As members of the crew began unloading the cargo shuttle, he looked back against the sand-worn hull. On a glance it did not look terribly damaged, but being sand-blasted made the hull look far more worn than it normally would; on the plus side, it was cleaner than ever of any debris. Tired as he was, Arrun wanted to keep working; his shift practically over having brought up his last shipment of the day, but he wanted to stay busy. It occured to Arrun that he could examine the impulse systems and atmospheric filters for any clogging when he felt a hand grip his shoulder.

He turned and saw Klorglax the Destroyer. The Klingon gave Arrun a hard look in the eye. "Ensign, your shift is done, yes?"

Arrun opened his mouth to protest and then closed it; he nodded. Before he could say anything more, Klorglax moved to the shuttle and began looking over the shuttle. All the Bajoran could do was glance once more around the room and not see that Asklat was present. He sighed and then walked out of the shuttlebay; while other pilots rushed to their shuttles and down to the planet to recover the away team.

[Enroute to Mess Hall, Athena]

As he walked he decided where he wanted to go; after a bit of thought he decided to go to the mess hall and get something to eat and some tea to ease his nerves. He was in no rush to be alone and he needed to get what rest he could in case he was needed again on short notice. He was by no means the best or only pilot aboard, but regulations on rest and relaxation time were typically rescinded in the event of an emergency. "Unless I ask for special dispensation from Medical." he answered his own thought aloud. He did not want to lose his flight status for two weeks or however long they decided. "I'll ask the counselor about it later." He muttered as he shook his head, half believing what he was saying.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:24:40 pm by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Three year award Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »
[ Xid- Excavation Site ]

Caleb had waited for Katheryn to walk with him toward the shuttle site. Since they had decided that no matter what, they would get the next shuttle, they moved quickly to catch it. He saw the Captain get in with someone whom he guessed was a guest expert being used in conjunction with the excavation. When Caleb boarded the ship, he helped Katheryn on and then removed his hood. "Captain," Caleb began acknowledging Constance with a respectful bow. For the longest time he saluted her every greeting, it was only after a few talking to from Carter and Constance herself, that he modified the greeting. He still wanted to be formal with it, but it seemed he found a sweet spot. "I do hope that you do not mind Katheryn and I coming aboard. This seemed like the opportune time to board to get back to the Athena before the storm."

While he waited for Constance's response, he helped Katheryn with her hood. Despite all the clothing, they were not overly warm in the desert heat. The clothing was merely for protection. Caleb had conditioned his body to survive in much damper and hotter conditions thanks in part to his time at the clinic, but the thought of headed back toward air conditioning and a cold shower was welcoming. Since they were still unsure on the protocol of things when on duty, Caleb gave Katheryn a quick glance. It was one of love and it was only meant for her. Though he did have voices in his head, he sometimes wished it was Katheryn and not Jenna. So that they could communicate easier while on duty. "You're lucky I only come around while you're on duty loverboy. As for me you should do the same, but as of late my romantic prospects are slim," Jenna said to Caleb in his head. "Yes well I see how Molly looks at you. I also am glad you are talking with Eliana again, but you know my thoughts on her,"Caleb said back. "Yeah well I am swearing off of her as a lover. A friend maybe, but I finally just got my bearings here and knowing her, things often get thrown out of whack," Jenna said. "People change Jenna. As old as she is, she can still learn a few things. Just enjoy the attention you are getting. Thought I have my Kayla now, it was nice back in the jungle getting all those eyes," Caleb said. He then heard Jenna chuckle. "I am so guilty for passing that ego onto you," Jenna said.

To those outside of Caleb, he just looked deep in thought, but inside his head, he heard the voice of his close friend Jenna. When the two got enough time alone, either could meditate. They would go to their personal space to discuss things. Though Caleb had no brother or sisters, he considered Jenna his sister. Since the loss of his parent's his family made no efforts to even try and contact him. He knew of an uncle, but again his father never spoke of him that fondly. As for his mother's side, well they did not want anything to do with his family since the marriage of his mother and father. They even went as far as to not only show up for the wake, but partly blame him for what had happened. Since the mission his parent's were on was highly confidential, he was not allowed to divulge what went on. Despite constant reminders of this while in the presence of Star Fleet elite, they went out of their way to almost ruin his chance to properly say goodbye to his parents and begin to move on. 

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 06:55:44 pm »
[ Xid- Excavation Site ]

Caleb had waited for Katheryn to walk with him toward the shuttle site. Since they had decided that no matter what, they would get the next shuttle, they moved quickly to catch it. He saw the Captain get in with someone whom he guessed was a guest expert being used in conjunction with the excavation. When Caleb boarded the ship, he helped Katheryn on and then removed his hood. "Captain," Caleb began acknowledging Constance with a respectful bow. For the longest time he saluted her every greeting, it was only after a few talking to from Carter and Constance herself, that he modified the greeting. He still wanted to be formal with it, but it seemed he found a sweet spot. "I do hope that you do not mind Katheryn and I coming aboard. This seemed like the opportune time to board to get back to the Athena before the storm."

While he waited for Constance's response, he helped Katheryn with her hood. Despite all the clothing, they were not overly warm in the desert heat. The clothing was merely for protection. Caleb had conditioned his body to survive in much damper and hotter conditions thanks in part to his time at the clinic, but the thought of headed back toward air conditioning and a cold shower was welcoming. Since they were still unsure on the protocol of things when on duty, Caleb gave Katheryn a quick glance. It was one of love and it was only meant for her. Though he did have voices in his head, he sometimes wished it was Katheryn and not Jenna. So that they could communicate easier while on duty. "You're lucky I only come around while you're on duty loverboy. As for me you should do the same, but as of late my romantic prospects are slim," Jenna said to Caleb in his head. "Yes well I see how Molly looks at you. I also am glad you are talking with Eliana again, but you know my thoughts on her,"Caleb said back. "Yeah well I am swearing off of her as a lover. A friend maybe, but I finally just got my bearings here and knowing her, things often get thrown out of whack," Jenna said. "People change Jenna. As old as she is, she can still learn a few things. Just enjoy the attention you are getting. Thought I have my Kayla now, it was nice back in the jungle getting all those eyes," Caleb said. He then heard Jenna chuckle. "I am so guilty for passing that ego onto you," Jenna said.

To those outside of Caleb, he just looked deep in thought, but inside his head, he heard the voice of his close friend Jenna. When the two got enough time alone, either could meditate. They would go to their personal space to discuss things. Though Caleb had no brother or sisters, he considered Jenna his sister. Since the loss of his parent's his family made no efforts to even try and contact him. He knew of an uncle, but again his father never spoke of him that fondly. As for his mother's side, well they did not want anything to do with his family since the marriage of his mother and father. They even went as far as to not only show up for the wake, but partly blame him for what had happened. Since the mission his parent's were on was highly confidential, he was not allowed to divulge what went on. Despite constant reminders of this while in the presence of Star Fleet elite, they went out of their way to almost ruin his chance to properly say goodbye to his parents and begin to move on. 

[Xid - Excavation Site]

Katheryn was grateful to board the waiting shuttle and it was a much welcome respite from the wind and the hot sun smiling as Caleb helped her to get on board after the Captain and a man she didn't immediately recognised but knew he must have something to do with why they were here. Admiring her husband to be when he removed his hood even more so with how respectful he was towards the Captain with the way he spoke to her and couldn't help but love him that bit more.

Thanking him as he then helped her to remove her hood already feeling the benefit from not having to wear it and returned his look of love knowing that anything else would have to be saved until they got back to the ship especially with the company they had and not knowing the proper protocols. " Yes thank you Captain it'll be good to get back home although I've enjoyed the time on the surface" she said politely.

It was then she noticed Cal go quiet as if he was in deep thought but had a feeling that he might not be alone in there as she knew about the connection between him and Jenna. To the normal person she could of easily been jealous or envious of such a connection especially when it concerned someone she loved with all of her heart but she wasn't like that and after a long conversation began to understand why it was happening and fully supported him heck she had even spoken to Jenna and knew how she was like family to him. She quickly and discreetly squeezed his hand to let him know she was there and sat back comfortably as they awaited take off.

Academy Commandant

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 07:05:06 pm »
[Xid- Excavation Site]

The Captain of the Athena nodded in greeting to Dr. Brighton,
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:09:27 pm by Constance Lafayette »

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 12:54:40 am »
[Xid- Excavation Site]

Ash's offer of water was well received and Constance thanked her, She advised, offering the water to James and the Professor who accepted it and took a swig from it like it was brandy.

Ash nodded as Constance spoke, and the heat must have finally gotten to her, because she responded with a bit of lighthearted sarcasm, "As much as I know we all love the sun and sand, I think my body might rebel if I have to stay out in it much longer." As she spoke, she unwound her scarf a bit to better show off her fair skin's rather colorful reaction to the vicious sunlight of the past week with a wry grin. As much as Ash loved a bit of adventure, she definitely preferred adventures that occurred in cooler, cloudier, less melt-your-face-off environments.

So when Constance and the older gentleman (for really there was no other way to describe him but that) made their way to the recently-landed shuttle, Ash followed them without a second thought. She glanced over her shoulder as she started to move, calling, "Coming, Ja- er... Sir?" A blush spread across her face at the near mistake, but her sunburn hid any sign of embarrassment luckily. She wasn't used to interacting with him outside of the mess hall - although switching between casual and formal interactions was a weird dynamic for any friendship she supposed.

Upon reaching the shuttle, Ash quietly made her way over to a corner and unwound her scarf, sighing in relief as the air of the already cooler interior kissed her face. She then proceeded to undo her hair from the clips just barely holding it in place, and let her unruly black waves tumble free... Which would have been majestic if she didn't immediately bend over and run her hands through it in an attempt to shake out the sand that had been caught in it.

Once a somewhat impressive dusting of sand covered the floor by her feet, she straightened up once more, politely nodding at the doctor and the head of security before quietly taking a seat and strapping in. She didn't bother inserting herself into the conversation, but rather opted to sit and listen with half an ear - but mainly enjoy the view as they left the surface. Ash inhaled sharply at the sight of the storm raging across the surface of the planet; she almost got up to see about getting a better view, but the shuttle began jolting with the turbulence from the storm and the notoriously clumsy civilian decided that it was probably safer for everyone if she remained seated.

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 09:20:32 am »
[Xid]

James spaced out for a moment, absolutely transfixed on some of the artifacts being loaded. He snapped back to reality as he heard Ash speak to him. "Yeah, I'm right behind you love." He replied somewhat absent-minded. Quietly he followed the mess hall manager onto the shuttle and sat directly across from her. His mind flickered back to the artifacts, there was something about them that stuck out to him, he just couldn't quite place what it was.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 10:51:35 am »
[Shuttle]

The shuttle broke orbit. Constance realized she'd been bracing herself a little and relaxed as the turbulence died down. The last batch of artifacts had been loaded into transparent cases in the back of the shuttle. They had been the best preserved and they'd been doing scans of them up until the last minute. They appeared to have been the regalia of some ancient warrior-king. There was: a breastplate, an axe, a shield, a perfectly intact cape, a set of carved metal bracers, and a book of what was determined to be ancient poetry or song. She eyed them suspiciously. She didn't like taking things aboard that resisted scans.

The Athena-A loomed large on the main monitor and Constance got up to look over the pilot's shoulder, giving Ash and James a small nod each.

She mused dryly, continuing their conversation from earlier as the shuttle pulled into the docking bay, slowing as it did so.

[Athena]

She said, knowing his security background would be useful in this situation.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 12:12:12 pm »
[Shuttle]

The shuttle broke orbit. Constance realized she'd been bracing herself a little and relaxed as the turbulence died down. The last batch of artifacts had been loaded into transparent cases in the back of the shuttle. They had been the best preserved and they'd been doing scans of them up until the last minute. They appeared to have been the regalia of some ancient warrior-king. There was: a breastplate, an axe, a shield, a perfectly intact cape, a set of carved metal bracers, and a book of what was determined to be ancient poetry or song. She eyed them suspiciously. She didn't like taking things aboard that resisted scans.

The Athena-A loomed large on the main monitor and Constance got up to look over the pilot's shoulder, giving Ash and James a small nod each.

She mused dryly, continuing their conversation from earlier as the shuttle pulled into the docking bay, slowing as it did so.

[Athena]

She said, knowing his security background would be useful in this situation.
The romance couple both had to go to their assigned shuttles as they returned to the Athena. D'Vid told them they would appreciate the wait. They understood and gone to their own shuttles. He had gone to his shuttle too. The couple was thankful for D'Vid was helpful too. Especially, Jameson was glad that D'Vid was very wing man.

The El-Aurian came sitting down at his assigned seat. He removed the hood about his head. His dark brown eyes keep darting to the back of the shuttle. He felt like a kid. Those artefacts are amazing. Anything ancient was interest even he had not known the story. But it was fun to pretend or imagine what it was like in the past.

So. Being an engineer he had to maintain the Engineering station. However, his mind was easy being distracted to the thing in the back. To bad he was not into science. That would be nice to research on.

However he was an engineering. His hands and mind know how to fiddle with technology. But then again, he end up looking up at the part of the ship.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:14:44 pm by D'Vid »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 12:38:58 pm »
[Mess Hall, Athena]

The mess hall was sparsely populated, filled with only a couple handfuls of crew who happened to not be on duty at that moment. Arrun approached a replicator and said aloud, "Mint jumja tea, warm."

In the replicator chamber a small cup of a deep red tea materialized with a trio of floating mint leaves on the surface. As he sat down to enjoy the fragrant and sweet tea, he pondered the planet below and the artifacts recovered. He had not much chance to examine them or question those who specialized in their study. However, Arrun would have to make some time to talk with them, expand his learning a bit. He knew he could always read about it later, but he had the chance to ask the researchers themselves what they found; though he'd likely have to find someone in Science Department who could explain it to him later.

Once he finished his tea, he took it back to the replicator to recycle the cup and its remains; as he did so, he waved a passing greeting to a crewman or two he recognized in passing with a smile that he half-felt. The fatigue was nearly gone, he could use a short nap perhaps, but he had a duty shift on the bridge in a few minutes; having exchanged with anouther officer so they could get some extra holodeck time for some game or another that Arrun didn't know; a ball game that involved something to do with fence gates.

He shook his head of the pondering, watched the last of his cup vanish away, then made his way to the bridge.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 01:57:36 pm »
[Athena - Shuttlebay]

The journey up from the surface had been enough to scare Katheryn slightly with the turbulence although expected with the approaching storm she had been trying to focus on her breathing to look outside and stop herself from a full blown panic attack. She had always had trouble with flying having her fear under control most of the time but perhaps it was because she was exhausted from being on the surface that had made her panic more than usual. Her one saving grace had been the man sat beside her who always seemed to know what was wrong and calmed her enough just by his presence that by the time they touched down in the shuttle bay she was more or less back to her normal self.

She unfastened the straps and looked over at Cal with another brief yet meaningful look as the Captain spoke to Ash then the XO and waited in her seat until they were given the okay to disembark. All she could imagine at that point was a cool refreshing shower, change of clothes and quality time with Caleb and Buddy until her next duty shift.

Academy Commandant

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles