Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer  (Read 17158 times)

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:19 am »
[Captain's Log]

[Xid- Excavation Site]

Constance surveyed the several shuttles that were being loaded with artifacts and research data. The hot, devilish, wind blew stand across her face. She'd elected to wear the hooded, robed, desert variant of the Starfleet uniform. She stood a bit away from the rest of the crew who was scrambling to load everything in before the dust storm they'd picked up hit them. They had a full day and a half but the early wins were still unpleasant.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:15:18 am by Constance Lafayette »

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.7: The Armor of Krem the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:05:22 pm »
[Aboard a Type 9A Cargo Shuttlecraft, Xid - Excavation Site]

"Alright," Arrun tapped lightly at the console at the front of the shuttle. "Shielding check, propulsion check, and flight plan check." Arrun said aloud as he read the displays of the shuttle's flight status, while some of the crew continued to load that last of the supplies into the back of the cargo shuttle.

It was the third time he checked, but he needed to not think too much about how he treated Petty Officer Asklat the other day. Shuttling goods up and down in such high winds lightly knocking the shuttle around was not pleasant the first time and it certainly didn't grow on an officer the more one flew. However, that was no excuse to snap at Asklat, who had only suggested maybe Arrun let someone else fly for a while; that the Lieutenant would understand. Arrun didn't want to be taken off flight duty just because he was worn out. He had only signed on so recently and did not want to be seen as one who tried to shirk duty too easily. That said, he snapped at the poor Petty Officer like he was so many Occupation survivors he had advised in the past. Mean spirited and almost blaming Asklat, just because he was a Cardassian. Arrun doubted he would have acted that way toward Klorgax; and rank certainly wasn't a defense. He even snapped at Asklat for addressing Arrun by his given name and not his family name; it was utter nonsense, Arrun had quickly just been called Ensign Arrun since he first signed on and he had never before had a problem with it, now he was going to take out frustrations on a-

=/\= Ensign T'Ves to Ensign Arrun =/\=

Arrun blinked rapidly and shook his head, snapped out of his thoughts by the Operations Officer who was overseeing his shuttle's loading today.

=/\= Ensign Arrun here, go ahead. =/\=

=/\= Please, do a weight check to make sure the shuttle is not overloaded. =/\=

=/\= Acknowledged, checking now. =/\=

"Bottom line, I have to apologize to him." Arrun affirmed to himself aloud as he began the procedure to check if the shuttle was light enough to achieve orbit.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:27:39 pm by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:20:32 pm »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

Katheryn stood by one of the shuttles PADD firmly in her right hand as she checked off the artefacts that were being loaded, trying to ignore the droplets of sweat that were running down her face thanks to the intensity of the sun and keeping shielded from the wind that kept blowing her hood down. But it was no good so used the handkerchief that she had placed in the top pocket of her desert uniform and used her free hand to wipe her face and readjusted her hood.

The past week had been fascinating and unlike anything she had experienced before and in a way Xid III reminded her of the jungle stories Caleb liked to tell and despite the heat and being uncomfortable the odd time she had thoroughly enjoyed helping with the excavations when she wasn't coordinating her security teams.

Not only had she learnt a lot and spent time with her Australian beau but it was also therapeutic in a way after their last mission in which they had swapped genders. The experience of being a man for a short time had definitely brought her and Caleb closer and joked that it was just one of many stories they could tell their future family which had caused no end of teasing and play fighting.

Placing the handkerchief back into her pocket she looked over at Caleb " I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a cold shower and unwinding in our quarters when we get back " she said just loud enough for him to hear and was also looking forward to spending some time with their kitten Buddy.

Academy Commandant

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »
USS Athena - Bridge

While a good portion of the crew were planet-side helping with the retrieval of the artefacts, Suzie had been assigned to re calibrate the primary sensors. Thanks to the ship never moving, this had been fairly straightforward to accomplish. The sensors were now working at optimum efficiency.

With her primary job finished, she had been assigned to watch-keeping on the Bridge. This was a monotonous task, but one that had to be done. She was sitting in the central chair when she heard T'Ves, who was at the flight operations board coordinating the shuttles that were transporting the artefacts, call one of the pilots to make sure the weight was correct. She turned to the Vulcan Ensign.

"How is it going?" She asked.

"Not as efficiently as it could Lieutenant." He replied. "However, baring any further delays we should have all the shuttles loaded and their contents on board within the next 2 hours." He added, looking up at her.

"Good. I was never a fan of the heat, which is why I volunteered to stay aboard. Not to mention I have no interest in archaeology. Keep me updated on any further developments Ensign."

"Yes Lieutenant." T'Ves replied, returning his attention to the console.

Siuzie gave a small smile as she returned her attention to keeping an eye on everything she was supposed to, in case a problem arose. She hoped it would be plane sailing as the crew on the surface had had a hard week and the previous mission, from what she had been told, had been taxing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:05:15 pm by Susan Venator »

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 05:20:08 pm »
[planet side]

D'Vid had volunteered to go down to collect some artifacts cause he had wanted to be part of this first encounter with the event. The heat was dry as Arizona's Death Valley. He had wrapped the scarf around the hoodie of his Starfleet desert robes. That would help him breath in the dry air and accident brining in dusty particles.

He wanted to help moving the arteracts on the ship. He would go to his station after all the artefacts or when they had hit the weight compaciity. Plus this was good core work to move things.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

Katheryn stood by one of the shuttles PADD firmly in her right hand as she checked off the artefacts that were being loaded, trying to ignore the droplets of sweat that were running down her face thanks to the intensity of the sun and keeping shielded from the wind that kept blowing her hood down. But it was no good so used the handkerchief that she had placed in the top pocket of her desert uniform and used her free hand to wipe her face and readjusted her hood.

The past week had been fascinating and unlike anything she had experienced before and in a way Xid III reminded her of the jungle stories Caleb liked to tell and despite the heat and being uncomfortable the odd time she had thoroughly enjoyed helping with the excavations when she wasn't coordinating her security teams.

Not only had she learnt a lot and spent time with her Australian beau but it was also therapeutic in a way after their last mission in which they had swapped genders. The experience of being a man for a short time had definitely brought her and Caleb closer and joked that it was just one of many stories they could tell their future family which had caused no end of teasing and play fighting.

Placing the handkerchief back into her pocket she looked over at Caleb " I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a cold shower and unwinding in our quarters when we get back " she said just loud enough for him to hear and was also looking forward to spending some time with their kitten Buddy.

[ Xid - Excavation Site ]

Caleb took the sands of the desert in with a grain of salt. While he was a man of exploration and always up for a change of scenery, it was not as pleasant as he first thought. The heat e could deal with sure. The Acid Jungles were hot, but that shade kind of humid that would make any self respecting humanoid groan in pain if exposed for long period of time without some cooling relief. He could deal with the dry heat, but it was the sands that were killer. It just just that shade of uncomfortable.

"This reminds me of the desert on planet Allura XIII," Caleb began."I met my friend Uw'ala there. He's a proud man and Klingon, but a bit bullheaded. More than usual if you ask me. Thanks to his handiwork, we had a run in Xuite cartel. As it turned out, they were using that planet as a cache for a drug they called Yuxforia. Not my cup of tea, but it is extremely outlawed. We had to escape without being noticed. Knowing the way Uw'ala loved to shout at me in his native tongue, we had to communicate in nonverbal cues. Lest we be killed of course. To be honest I don't how we did it, but once you talk that way with a person, you become close. He and I keep in touch of course. I cannot wait for you meet him. Let me tell you that once we found civilization, that was one of the best showers I have ever had. I can't wait for you to experience that kind of shower. Of course with me if you want. " Caleb then realizing he went on one of his infamous tangents, looked over at his lovely fiance Katheryn. The mild irritation overshadowed the intended look of love that he knew was there. As the wind began to scratch at their faces, the awkward moment of the winds whistling about made the moment seem longer than it was.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »
[ Xid - Excavation Site ]

Caleb took the sands of the desert in with a grain of salt. While he was a man of exploration and always up for a change of scenery, it was not as pleasant as he first thought. The heat e could deal with sure. The Acid Jungles were hot, but that shade kind of humid that would make any self respecting humanoid groan in pain if exposed for long period of time without some cooling relief. He could deal with the dry heat, but it was the sands that were killer. It just just that shade of uncomfortable.

"This reminds me of the desert on planet Allura XIII," Caleb began."I met my friend Uw'ala there. He's a proud man and Klingon, but a bit bullheaded. More than usual if you ask me. Thanks to his handiwork, we had a run in Xuite cartel. As it turned out, they were using that planet as a cache for a drug they called Yuxforia. Not my cup of tea, but it is extremely outlawed. We had to escape without being noticed. Knowing the way Uw'ala loved to shout at me in his native tongue, we had to communicate in nonverbal cues. Lest we be killed of course. To be honest I don't how we did it, but once you talk that way with a person, you become close. He and I keep in touch of course. I cannot wait for you meet him. Let me tell you that once we found civilization, that was one of the best showers I have ever had. I can't wait for you to experience that kind of shower. Of course with me if you want. " Caleb then realizing he went on one of his infamous tangents, looked over at his lovely fiance Katheryn. The mild irritation overshadowed the intended look of love that he knew was there. As the wind began to scratch at their faces, the awkward moment of the winds whistling about made the moment seem longer than it was.

[Xid - Excavation Site]

Katheryn looked over at Caleb in disbelief as he started going off on one of his tangents and didn't know whether to roll her eyes or not which was difficult even if she wanted to thanks to the wind whipping up the sand. Then again it was Cal and she did love his stories however not when she had asked a simple question but wasn't one to stay mad or be irritated for too long and when he then looked at her she could see the realisation in his face as to what he had done.

At that moment it felt as though time had stopped and was about to answer when a sudden stronger gust of wind blew sand directly into her face causing her to sputter. After managing to wipe most of it away she looked at Caleb again " Do not say anything and you'll be forgiven " she said with a playful look that she only saved for him.

Academy Commandant

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 10:12:10 pm »

As Arrun cleared his weight check, he noticed the weather patterns shift on his navigation sensors. Most of the flights had been through one storm or another, the planets weather was not friendly on the good days; but this one was being just a bit meaner, a bit rougher; and now it looked like it was moving in a way that would put his cargo shuttle into some actual danger. Then again, Arrun was no meteorologist and the shuttle sensors were not nearly as sensitive as the Athena's.

=/\= Ensign Arrun to Athena, my weight checks within normal parameters. However, I am detecting a change in the weather pattern, it looks like current flight path will be in the more intense part of a storm. I intend to change my flight plan unless Athena sensors detect otherwise. =/\=

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 05:33:34 am »

As Arrun cleared his weight check, he noticed the weather patterns shift on his navigation sensors. Most of the flights had been through one storm or another, the planets weather was not friendly on the good days; but this one was being just a bit meaner, a bit rougher; and now it looked like it was moving in a way that would put his cargo shuttle into some actual danger. Then again, Arrun was no meteorologist and the shuttle sensors were not nearly as sensitive as the Athena's.

=/\= Ensign Arrun to Athena, my weight checks within normal parameters. However, I am detecting a change in the weather pattern, it looks like current flight path will be in the more intense part of a storm. I intend to change my flight plan unless Athena sensors detect otherwise. =/\=

Athena - Bridge

Suzie heard the beep of an incoming transmission, seeing T'Ves was busy on the other side of the Bridge, she went to the Ops console to check it out.

Upon receiving the pilots report she immediately opened the channel.

=/\=Athena to Arrun. Please stand by while we check the weather patterns.=/\=

She pulled up the meteorological data and saw that the shuttle was indeed heading right through a rather nasty storm. She immediately plotted a course correction and transmitted it to the shuttle.

=/\=We have confirmed the weather data and have sent you a course correction. Please can you confirm receipt.=/\=

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 05:58:10 am »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

James, still wearing his normal uniform, stepped out of a shuttle and slowly made his way over to where the admiral stood, quietly checking out everything that was on display before him. Carter had arrived quite a bit later in the teams day, he'd had far to much to do on board the Athena to take time out to actually visit the planet. The first officer coughed slightly as he came to stand directly next to Constance. "Cap." He continued watching everyone work for a moment before continuing. "Looks like we might get done early. That would be a nice change." The Englishmen mused offering a slight laugh. "Apologies that it took me so long to get down here. I was on my way to the transporter room when a crewman pulled me aside because....uh....you know, not important actually."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:02:23 am by James Carter »

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:46 am »
Athena - Bridge

Suzie heard the beep of an incoming transmission, seeing T'Ves was busy on the other side of the Bridge, she went to the Ops console to check it out.

Upon receiving the pilots report she immediately opened the channel.

=/\=Athena to Arrun. Please stand by while we check the weather patterns.=/\=

She pulled up the meteorological data and saw that the shuttle was indeed heading right through a rather nasty storm. She immediately plotted a course correction and transmitted it to the shuttle.

=/\=We have confirmed the weather data and have sent you a course correction. Please can you confirm receipt.=/\=

Arrun saw the white curved line on his navigation display extend one of its curves farther away from the swirling shades of purple and blue storm. Unless the storm drastically changed course or sped up, the shuttle was unlikely to get caught in the thick of it. He then confirmed the flight plan in the shuttle computer and began his launch procedures.

=/\= Course Correction received Athena, thanks for the help. Preparing for launch. =/\=

=/\= Cargo Shuttle 2 to Away Team, Cargo Shuttle 2 is ready for take off, but I have room for one more. Does anyone need to be shuttled to the Athena at this time? =/\=

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 12:22:35 pm »

Arrun saw the white curved line on his navigation display extend one of its curves farther away from the swirling shades of purple and blue storm. Unless the storm drastically changed course or sped up, the shuttle was unlikely to get caught in the thick of it. He then confirmed the flight plan in the shuttle computer and began his launch procedures.

=/\= Course Correction received Athena, thanks for the help. Preparing for launch. =/\=

Athena - Bridge

Suzie gave a faint smile as the reply came in.

=/\=Understood. Have a safe trip, we'll keep the porch light burning. Athena out!=/\=

She closed the channel and returned to the centre seat, giggling softly to herself. The phrase she had just used was one her Foster Mother's Mother, the closest she ever came to having a Grandmother, used to say whenever she went out. Using the centre console, she pulled up sensor data regarding the planet. She saw that there was a second storm system heading in the direction of the away team. If the two storms combined, it would make shuttle flying impossible. She figured she'd better let the Captain know. she opened another channel.

=/\=Athena to Captain. Please be advised of a second storm front coming in from the south east. I recommend leaving before it arrives otherwise you will b e unable to leave until it dissipates. ETA for the second storm 68 minutes.=/\=

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 12:48:07 pm »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

Ash brushed away the sweat slowly sliding down the back of her neck with a corner of her apron. She wasn't built for heat like this; after her first day out at the site, her fair skin had developed a rather glaring sunburn, and it hadn't lessened throughout the week (despite her efforts to cover herself). Regardless, the mess hall manager was excited to be down on the planet to witness the excavation - even if she was only there to keep everyone hydrated.

She stood from where she had been crouched by a pair of science officers, carrying their empty glasses back over to a low tent that had been erected to provide a small amount of shade to the water cask that was stored there. Ash methodically sanitized the glasses and filled them up once more, before ducking back into the merciless sun and scanning the area around her. Those two wee the last crewmen actually finishing the excavation who needed water, which leaves... loading crew... officers... and people talking in clumps around the site's edge.

Deciding to start with whoever was closest to her, Ash made her way towards Commander Carter and a slight form she took to be the Captain, but it was difficult to be sure from a distance with all of the extra fabric everyone was wearing. Everyone except Carter that is. She could tell by the fact that he wasn't burnt to a crisp yet that he can't have been down here long dressed like that.

"Captain, Commander. Would you like some water?" Ash made to offer the glasses, but turned as a strong gust of wind whipped past them, the sand stinging her neck where it slipped past her scarf and hit bare skin. "Do you think we'll make it our of here before the storm hits?" It was hard to tell by her voice whether she was nervous or excited at the prospect of riding out a dust storm - probably both, knowing her.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 08:17:57 pm »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

D'Vid had finished laying down an artifact. Jamerson a scientist was smiling ear to ear. "This is going to be so awesome," the male said to D'Vid.

"Did you say awesome?" the El-Aurian replied.

"Yep!" the young Science officer piped up.

"And where did you get the word awesome?" D'Vid asked.

"I was using a holo suite that was made by Paris. So I had heard the word and started to use it often. Awesome. Does it sound awesome?" the youngling said.

"Indeed. I guess it's awesome fun," D'Vid said with a wink at the early twenty officer.

"I love history. There is a romance to it. It repeats. There are different same stories which all tie to almost a string of weaving. Like fable stories," the Ensign shared to the Engineer.

"You make me wonder. I am glad your not one of those babbling Scientist who babbles science terminology," he shared with a hint of joking.

"I could you know...but I won't for now," the short Scientist said. "Hey!" The young one caught Justina another Female Scientist who came running to them.

"Hey, I need help on one. Its little far off. We need to get it," she said. Her eyes twinkled as she was looking at the Jamerson. There was a tint of blush on her cheeks too.

"Okay we will help," Jamerson shared.

She hopped on her heals and spun around with excitement. Like a girl who had a big crush on someone. D'Vid caught the guy checking her out with a bit longer daze. D'Vid waved his hand front of Jamerson. "Romeo...you got eyes on the Dame Juliet..." the El-Aurian had said.

Jamersom eyes un-glazed as he blinked as he saw the hand front of him. "Woah..what?" he was taken by surprise. It was rather shame he had realized what he had done. "Oh... My guardians...I should had asked and not assume you would help. I am the one under rank here..." he turned beat red. He had stole another glance at his Juliet.

"It is fine. Next time, follow the line of order by rank...give in time. You commissioned officers do over rank us. Soon I be taking orders from you," he winked. He tapped the man on the shoulder. "So how bad is this?"

"Very bad. We are like kids in High school!" he replied.

"I try to help. I can play a decent wing man. I am after all 800 plus years old. Not a big dater. But I can sure make a great wing man. I start to help you two and I find a way to excuse myself from you two. Then you take it from there," he replied.

"W-What? Wait. Don't. I mean," Jamerson was on fire. On the spot light and he was not liking it. "Sir. Can you pilot me toward that direction on the ship?" he was not ready. This was a good place but he was afraid of the one he likes.

"Okay. I'll do that," he said.

They got to the location to help other scientist who was smiling ear to ear to the two guys.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »
[Xid - Excavation Site]

Katheryn looked over at Caleb in disbelief as he started going off on one of his tangents and didn't know whether to roll her eyes or not which was difficult even if she wanted to thanks to the wind whipping up the sand. Then again it was Cal and she did love his stories however not when she had asked a simple question but wasn't one to stay mad or be irritated for too long and when he then looked at her she could see the realisation in his face as to what he had done.

At that moment it felt as though time had stopped and was about to answer when a sudden stronger gust of wind blew sand directly into her face causing her to sputter. After managing to wipe most of it away she looked at Caleb again " Do not say anything and you'll be forgiven " she said with a playful look that she only saved for him.

Caleb then reached into his pocket. He got out his handkerchief and handed it to her so she could clean her face. He then gave her the smile that was only meant for her and he pulled her in for a hug. He kissed the top of her hood covered head and enjoyed the moment. It was then  his wrist vibrated. He moved his arm so that he could check his wrist PADD. Despite not wanting to speak, he needed to get the information across. "I am sorry my love to break the silence,"Caleb began. "It seems there is a major storm coming in the next hour. I say we vamoose on the next shuttle. Then we can have our shower and time with Buddy."

Caleb let a small amount of time pass before he turned to walk with Kathryn back toward the center of the outpost. Once they were there, they would find the standby area to be shuttled back. He handed her the side satchel he brought down to be filled with water. Despite the wind, it was nice to be down on the planet and helping out with the excavation. There were a few cases of dehydration and heat exhaustion, but nothing too alarming. Once she had her sip, he took his. "Hopefully the next shuttle will come soon. I don't want to fill up the flask down here if we don't need to,"Caleb said.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles