S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

Leanna seemed rooted to the spot unsure what to do or where to go as the security officer was led away by the man in charge Commander Tritter. The idea that this could be the handiwork of Matthias refused to leave her and yet how could it when he was supposedly locked up in the mental psych unit of the penal colony on Ardax 7. Then again this was Matthias and no doubt had his ways but maybe she was just overthinking and over analysing the situation as they didn't know who was responsible for it.

She was terrified and relieved at the same time that Ariana wasn't here yet and almost jumped again when she felt another reassuring hand on her shoulder turning to see it was Alex and smiled at him. He leaned in to whisper in her ear " Hey Lea sorry to bother you but we've had a few of the customers ask what's going on after Seamus caught Morlap trying to come back here even though he knows its off limits to customers".

The news about Morlap didn't surprise her at all as he was the type to always want to know the gossip and had a knack for finding out things before anyone else did. But if he had seen something and other customers were asking questions then she was going to have no choice but to close the bar temporarily otherwise more and more people were going to ask the same questions especially when the body was removed.

" Thanks for letting me know Al " she said wanting him to hold her but she couldn't not yet, her tone becoming more serious as she made her final decision. " We can't let more of this happen so gather the others and start closing the bar tell the customers that we'll reopen in the morning and offer them a free drink and meal for the inconvenience" she said " Then once we're closed gather the staff at one of the tables".

" Sure I'll do that Lea and everything will be okay I promise"He replied reassuringly giving her shoulder another tender squeeze before going back to the main bar area to begin closing.

She didn't want to close but it was the best thing to do in the circumstances and offering the free drink and meal well that was a small price to pay to keep their customers happy and have them return. She then moved to the edge of the storage area so she could observe everything that was going on.

Naira

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 06, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

"Doctor, I think I must leave. For the C... I need to go. Please tell Security that I shall pass by for an interview ASAP after I. Following the. When finished."

[Puzzles]

Naira nodded in acknowledgement to Knox. She had a feeling that she knew exactly where the other woman had to go and what she had to do. She also knew that her uncharacteristically fragmented speech was most likely due to her not wanting to speak out of turn and accidentally say something that she shouldn't. It took a special kind of skill and a lot of practice to learn to carefully word one's speech in such a way so as not to reveal confidential information and Naira applauded her effort. It wasn't an easy task.

After the lieutenant had left, Naira moved further out of the way to let the executive officer and security personnel do their jobs. Until she could move the body, there really wasn't all that much she could do other than to confirm their finding or answer any medical questions they might have.

However, there was other work that she could do.

She moved over towards Leanna, who looked to be distressed over the ordeal as she appeared to be debating with herself over closing the establishment. "In events such as this, I'd like to suggest setting up a session with our counselor so that you and members of your staff can work through what has happened here. If you would like, I can arrange for a group session to be held in the front of the establishment or if you think you'd be more comfortable elsewhere, I can reserve a larger meeting room for your use. Just let me know how we can help you to get through this."

Naira had a hard time dealing with the emotions of others and their mental wellbeing. It had always been easier for her to treat physical wounds or dive deep into her research in search of some cure to some ailment that she could actually see and study how it spread and reproduced, but feeling were different. She had tried so hard to suppress her own for so long, out of fear that they would effect others, that it became difficult to help others in that regard. That was why she hired others for that purpose though.   

T'Prina

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 08, 2017, 11:07:40 AM

NPC Inspector General Atal

[Diplomatic Situation Room]

Atal looked on in silence as two officers entered the Diplomatic Situation Room. He did not impart any gesture or greeting.

"Computer. Begin recording."

Atal said with as much interest and enthusiasm as a dead Romulan.

"For the record, Inspector General Atal - present."

He waited for the other two to sit and state their names.

"As indicated in the file pertaining to Case 56112.3. Captain Adeyemi is brought to this tribunal due to his carelessness in allowing the continued use of a malfunctioning and dangerous AI system, Artificial Neural and Logistics Yeoman Node, hereon abbreviated as Analyn, that resulted in the deaths of 15 StarFleet officers and extensive damages to the StarBase Columbus."

"Your representative may speak on your behalf."

Atal looked up and noted the female Vulcan.

Wise. The Captain is not a complete fool. Though, isn't this the officer who got herself involved with the AI?

"Vulcan. Are you related to, or, have you ever been intimate with Captain Adeyemi? A relationship of a sexual nature?"

He looked to her, waiting for a response.

"Are you freely able to adequately represent Captain Adeyemi? Do you need to declare anything that shall impede this investigation? Do note that if you fail to recognize an important aspect of your involvement in this incident, you shall face your own tribunal."

This 'Inspector General' was cold and clinical, yet T'Prina didn't fault the man his tone. It was, after all, his job to be an impartial arbiter of the law. Still something seemed off about him. However his judgemental demeanor and superior attitude brought to mind her childhood history tutor. Always had a look about him like he smelled something sour and distasteful.

"I am Lieutenant Junior Grade T'Prina, Science Officer assigned to the Starbase Columbus. I am a citizen of Vulcan and the Federation. I claim no bond, kinship or otherwise with Captain Malcolm Adeyemi, beyond his position as my commanding officer." Due to the formality of the proceedings, the Vulcan stood at a stiff parade rest near the Captain. The Inspector General seemed the type to pounce on any perceived weakness, real or imagined. She would have to watch her step with him.

"I would be remiss if I did not recount my involvement in correcting the errors with our A.I. system. I did play a critical role in the stabilization of the base, with the Captain's approval." She tactfully left out the fact she had disengaged the safety features, but knew a thorough investigator would already know about it. It would be in the Captain's best interests if he would allow her to answer diplomatically, Adeyemi was not the sort of man to allow a subordinate to speak for him however.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 08, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

[DSR]

Adeyemi bristled. He wasn't a calm man, one to take insults and roll over like a dog and lick his bollocks.

"The system was installed before my arrival," He protested sharply. "If you want to interrogate someone on that, talk to the damned fool who authorized it before me."

[DSR]

"I conducted a review of all systems prior to my arrival, and inspected it again upon arrival." Adeyemi said hotly. "In fact, I ordered a level three diagnostic of that system, among others. If I was busy, it was making sure that this Station was secure!"

[DSR]

"We knew that Analyn was dangerous when minor systems began failing or going all colo! How else would we know?!" Adeyemi's voice was raised and his accent had thickened up, indicating stress. "You dey craze? You think me fool pass garri?!"

[DSR]

"Why you dey fall my hand?!" Adeyemi was on his feet, eyes blazing and wide, finger pointed at the inspector general, his accent swinging wildly back and forth, sounding like an enraged English dock worker one minute and an infuriated Yoruba father the next. "You bloody whinich!"

From his posture and tone is was clear the word was not complimentary.

T'Prina cringed inwardly. So much for wanting a dispassionate defense. Rile the man's hackles and you all but got a snarling hound in return. The outburst surely wasn't doing him any favors, but she felt a reprimand would be out of place and would most definitely anger him beyond further comprehension. She was almost relieved when the line of questioning returned to her.

"Lt. T'Prina. If I am correct, you linked with the system, disengaging safety protocols, putting yourself and those around you at risk to bring an end to the rogue Analyn system? Where was your Captain during this time?"

"You are only partially correct, Inspector General. I did indeed link with ANaLYN, and I disabled the safety protocols. However the only immediate risk was to myself and it was not my intention to 'end' the system as you put it. I was familiar with the construct of the A.I. I was there when it was installed. The original neural link between Commander O'Connell and ANaLYN was not strong enough to initiate the Organizational Data Protocol. If you examine the system logs and analysis you will see that my actions, although somewhat outside of normal regulations were, in fact scientifically sound and within known parameters." She took a deep breath before continuing. "As to where Captain Adeyemi was at the time? He was in Operations, overseeing everything that could be done to ensure the safety of everyone on the Starbase. He very nearly gave his life, when the hull depressurized. I am sure that was also well documented." She raised a disapproving eyebrow. Hot-headed and somewhat detestable, the man was no coward, and record would show that.
Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 08, 2017, 02:23:13 PM

[DSR]
Atal reevaluated his first impression.

No, this man is a fool.

He was also somewhat annoyed, though very used to the fact that solids never followed protocol.

"Computer. Let it be known that the voice heard, apart from my own, was of Captain Malcolm Adeyemi."

"Sit down, Captain. Might I suggest that you compose yourself, and at the very least confer, or better still, allow your Representative to respond for you?"

Atal remembered that solids are not accustomed to him not Á¢â,¬Ëœtaking a breath' nor a break. But he felt that the heated situation required both.

"We shall break."

"I believe a break would do well. I shall need to confer with Captain Adeyemi before we continue." T'Prina was thankful for a reprieve. The situation was volatile and the last thing they needed was another outburst of Adeyemi's temper.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Naira on September 08, 2017, 03:59:11 PM

[Puzzles]

Naira nodded in acknowledgement to Knox. She had a feeling that she knew exactly where the other woman had to go and what she had to do. She also knew that her uncharacteristically fragmented speech was most likely due to her not wanting to speak out of turn and accidentally say something that she shouldn't. It took a special kind of skill and a lot of practice to learn to carefully word one's speech in such a way so as not to reveal confidential information and Naira applauded her effort. It wasn't an easy task.

After the lieutenant had left, Naira moved further out of the way to let the executive officer and security personnel do their jobs. Until she could move the body, there really wasn't all that much she could do other than to confirm their finding or answer any medical questions they might have.

However, there was other work that she could do.

She moved over towards Leanna, who looked to be distressed over the ordeal as she appeared to be debating with herself over closing the establishment. "In events such as this, I'd like to suggest setting up a session with our counselor so that you and members of your staff can work through what has happened here. If you would like, I can arrange for a group session to be held in the front of the establishment or if you think you'd be more comfortable elsewhere, I can reserve a larger meeting room for your use. Just let me know how we can help you to get through this."

Naira had a hard time dealing with the emotions of others and their mental wellbeing. It had always been easier for her to treat physical wounds or dive deep into her research in search of some cure to some ailment that she could actually see and study how it spread and reproduced, but feeling were different. She had tried so hard to suppress her own for so long, out of fear that they would effect others, that it became difficult to help others in that regard. That was why she hired others for that purpose though.

[Puzzles]

From her vantage point Leanna watched as Seamus, Alex and the others began to close the bar naturally getting resistance from Marlop and a couple of regulars until the promise of a free drink and meal changed their minds and they left more willingly. No doubt when they reopened the next morning they would be there as the shutters went up to claim their freebies and try to get information but knew her staff wouldn't appease them with such gossip. Yes they liked to gossip but knew when to reign it in and not reveal anything that could cause problems after all most of them had been with Leanna during tougher times.

When Dr Naira then approached her and offered to arrange for and her staff to see a counsellor and to let her know how they could help them through she appreciated her offer and her kindness. With everything that had happened since seeing the body and the memories resurfacing it had temporarily affected her abilities almost like they were sapped which hadn't happened in a while and decided to accept the offer as it would do them all some good to talk about it.

" Thank you Dr Naira its appreciated and speaking on my own behalf and that of my staff I would like to accept the offer of us seeing a counsellor and I'd be happy for them to come here where I know it would be more comfortable and familiar for us " she replied.

Naira

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on September 08, 2017, 04:17:29 PM

[Puzzles]

From her vantage point Leanna watched as Seamus, Alex and the others began to close the bar naturally getting resistance from Marlop and a couple of regulars until the promise of a free drink and meal changed their minds and they left more willingly. No doubt when they reopened the next morning they would be there as the shutters went up to claim their freebies and try to get information but knew her staff wouldn't appease them with such gossip. Yes they liked to gossip but knew when to reign it in and not reveal anything that could cause problems after all most of them had been with Leanna during tougher times.

When Dr Naira then approached her and offered to arrange for and her staff to see a counsellor and to let her know how they could help them through she appreciated her offer and her kindness. With everything that had happened since seeing the body and the memories resurfacing it had temporarily affected her abilities almost like they were sapped which hadn't happened in a while and decided to accept the offer as it would do them all some good to talk about it.

" Thank you Dr Naira its appreciated and speaking on my own behalf and that of my staff I would like to accept the offer of us seeing a counsellor and I'd be happy for them to come here where I know it would be more comfortable and familiar for us " she replied.

[Puzzles]

"I will set it up."

Naira tapped her comm badge and put out a call to the station's councilor. =/\= Dr. Naira to Commander Ortega, your services are required on the promenade. I'd like you to hold a group session with the owner and employees of the Puzzles establishment. =/\=

=/\= Yes ma'am, I'm on my way. =/\=

The councilor might have been new to the station, but she had come with many years of experience behind her. Gloria was an older woman with greying temples to her otherwise dark hair. Her eyes were deep set but understanding and while her face had lost most of the elasticity of youth and was now lined with deepening wrinkles, she had this kind matronly feel about her. Many people had commented that the woman had reminded they of their own grandmothers, even a few non-humans.

When she made it to the establishment, Gloria found a number of customers piling out into the promenade. A few of them grumbled about having to find somewhere else to go, but she saw no immediate reason for her summons.

"Excuse me, young man, can you direct me to the doctor?" She approached who she assumed to be one of the employees closing up shop. "I was requested to offer my counseling services." The universal translator took a moment to catch up to her as it processed her speech, allowing some of her accent to spill over.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Naira on September 08, 2017, 08:05:42 PM

[Puzzles]

"I will set it up."

Naira tapped her comm badge and put out a call to the station's councilor. =/\= Dr. Naira to Commander Ortega, your services are required on the promenade. I'd like you to hold a group session with the owner and employees of the Puzzles establishment. =/\=

=/\= Yes ma'am, I'm on my way. =/\=

The councilor might have been new to the station, but she had come with many years of experience behind her. Gloria was an older woman with greying temples to her otherwise dark hair. Her eyes were deep set but understanding and while her face had lost most of the elasticity of youth and was now lined with deepening wrinkles, she had this kind matronly feel about her. Many people had commented that the woman had reminded they of their own grandmothers, even a few non-humans.

When she made it to the establishment, Gloria found a number of customers piling out into the promenade. A few of them grumbled about having to find somewhere else to go, but she saw no immediate reason for her summons.

"Excuse me, young man, can you direct me to the doctor?" She approached who she assumed to be one of the employees closing up shop. "I was requested to offer my counseling services." The universal translator took a moment to catch up to her as it processed her speech, allowing some of her accent to spill over.

[Puzzles]

" Thank you Doctor " Leanna replied before going over to the staff who had began to gather around one the larger booths where a couple of them hugged Leanna and for the young Betazoid it was reassuring to have her staff around her whilst she tried to deal with everything without collapsing into a puddle of emotion.

Alex had just finished dealing with the last of the stragglers when an older kind looking woman approached him asking if he could direct him to the Doctor and that she had been requested to offer her counselling services. The last part took him by surprise at first until he thought about it and realised that Leanna must of agreed to it and in a way didn't blame her for doing so as she always looked out for her staff and their wellbeing especially in the current situation.

"Certainly I'll take you to her "Alex replied leading the way to where he had last seen the Doctor who had been talking to Leanna noticing that his boss and lover was already with the rest of the staff.

Tanner Lachlyn

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on September 08, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

[Location: Puzzles]

Tritter heard the Cadet's voice, as he was about ten feet away. The large man rose to his feet, exited the storage area and made his way over towards the Cadet. He than looked towards her and said, "Cadet, follow me" His tone was laced with it's usual thick German accent. He than motioned with his right hand, to which the glove he was wearing on it had a good bit of blood on it.

Once she made her way towards him, the large man turned on a heel and made his way back towards the storage area. He led her to the body, it was that of a large man, who was about six and a half feet tall. Tritter estimated his weight at a bit under 300 pounds. The man was in a highly un-natural position for one to die in, which lead Tritter to believe he had moved.

He kneeled down infront of the man, who had bruises all over his visible body parts, head, neck and arms. Their shirt and pants were torn in several places. It was very clear to him that the man was in a fight with several assailants due to the varying bruise sizes on the man. Tritter started to look through the man's pockets as he looked to the Cadet. He than asked her the following, "Cadet, tell me what you see, and I do not mean literally" His heavily accented voice was smooth but firm as he spoke. His directions clear and to the point.

Tritter had already catalogued the man's injuries, including a large V that was burnt into his chest and abdomen. But he arranged things such that the Cadet would have to examine the body, the Executive Officer was using it as a training exercise.

Lachlyn looked the body over and tilted her head while coming to a kneeling position, "He didn't go down without a fight and he's no small man so whatever group did this must have known they needed more than one. That's a lot of work to put into him...and they definitely wanted to send a message." As she spoke her hand motioned to the 'V' on him, "Do we have an ID, Sir?"

If he lived on the station then the computer might have a record of where he was before he met this....uncomfortable demise. If he was a passenger or traveler aboard - they'd have to do a little bit more leg work.

Auzual Knox

[DSR]

Quote from: T'Prina on September 08, 2017, 04:11:04 PM

"You are only partially correct, Inspector General. I did indeed link with ANaLYN, and I disabled the safety protocols. However the only immediate risk was to myself and it was not my intention to 'end' the system as you put it. I was familiar with the construct of the A.I. I was there when it was installed. The original neural link between Commander O'Connell and ANaLYN was not strong enough to initiate the Organizational Data Protocol. If you examine the system logs and analysis you will see that my actions, although somewhat outside of normal regulations were, in fact scientifically sound and within known parameters." She took a deep breath before continuing. "As to where Captain Adeyemi was at the time? He was in Operations, overseeing everything that could be done to ensure the safety of everyone on the Starbase. He very nearly gave his life, when the hull depressurized. I am sure that was also well documented." She raised a disapproving eyebrow.

Solids...

Of course, Atal knew that he could not fault the Vulcan's logic. He did however find it intriguing that she protested more than what was required.

"Considering that this incident is the first in StarFleet's history, it is justifiable that you were reacting to unknown events with unknown parameters. Though, my responsibility here today is to simply ascertain if your Captain was at fault and if his actions lead to the deaths of 15 StarFleet Officers and extensive damages to the StarBase Columbus."

Quote from: T'Prina on September 08, 2017, 04:11:04 PM

"I believe a break would do well. I shall need to confer with Captain Adeyemi before we continue."

Atal stepped outside. He wondered for a short moment what a Á¢â,¬Ëœwhinich' was. Though rationally put it aside. His kind had always been insulted by solids.

=/\= Dr. Naira. Diplomatic Situation Room. Now. =/\=

Once a sufficient amount of time had passed, Atal reentered the room. It was not as if he needed to be comfortable, but he repositioned himself, console and chair. And, took his time to read over the Computer recorded transcript thus far. No sound was made.

"Computer. Begin recording."

"At what point did you realize that the Station-wide multiple system errors were caused by the rogue Analyn system? How much time passed between then and Station's loss of orbit? Captain, would you call yourself a calm and rational man?"

Dr. Naira entered the room to only hear the end of the questioning.

"Computer, transport 1 chair from Diplomatic Suite 3 to the DSR. Captain Adeyemi, during the medical and psychological assessments, we suggest that you remain silent."

"Orion. State your name. Are you related to, or, have you ever been intimate with Captain Adeyemi? A relationship of a sexual nature?"

Atal waited for her to confirm. He preferred following proper procedure at all times.

"In your expert opinion, was Captain Adeyemi fit to serve following his injuries sustained on Xa'zii Prime? Could his severe lack in judgement be due to an undisclosed medical condition? Did the Captain display any medical abnormalities that could explain his conduct during the incident?"

"Does Captain Adeyemi's faith and belief in an afterlife, in a heaven, make him suicidal? A danger to himself and all of those around him?"

"Does Captain Adeyemi follow your medical advice, or, does his strong belief in a God make him await divine intervention to come and solve his and the Station's problems?"

"What are the results of the expert psychological evaluation?"

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Naira

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on September 08, 2017, 08:25:14 PM

[Puzzles]

" Thank you Doctor " Leanna replied before going over to the staff who had began to gather around one the larger booths where a couple of them hugged Leanna and for the young Betazoid it was reassuring to have her staff around her whilst she tried to deal with everything without collapsing into a puddle of emotion.

Alex had just finished dealing with the last of the stragglers when an older kind looking woman approached him asking if he could direct him to the Doctor and that she had been requested to offer her counselling services. The last part took him by surprise at first until he thought about it and realised that Leanna must of agreed to it and in a way didn't blame her for doing so as she always looked out for her staff and their wellbeing especially in the current situation.

"Certainly I'll take you to her "Alex replied leading the way to where he had last seen the Doctor who had been talking to Leanna noticing that his boss and lover was already with the rest of the staff.

[Puzzles]

Gloria followed the young man over towards the doctor and the restaurant owner. She greeted them both with a smile and pushed her glasses further up her nose. "How can I help you ladies today?" She asked.

"Commander Ortega, thank you for joining us today. I've asked you here because we believe that you might be able to help Leanna...," Naira gestured to her, "and her employees through a crisis. A body was discovered in their store room and it has some of them shook up."

"Oh dear..." The older woman gently patted the back of Leanna's hand with her own wrinkled and age-spotted one. "Let's get you get over here with the others and we can talk about it." Despite everything going on around them, the woman was calm as she took charge and lead the counseling session.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on September 08, 2017, 11:48:55 PM

=/\= Dr. Naira. Diplomatic Situation Room. Now. =/\=

[Puzzles]

Naira let out a deep sigh.

=/\= Yes Sir, I am on my way. =/\=

She retrieved her padd from the table where she had left it. Then, went to inform Commander Tritter that she was leaving.

"Commander, I'm being called away for another matter. When you are done here can you have the body transported to Primary Sickbay with instructions that no one is to touch it until I have had a chance to examine it. Once my report is complete, I will make sure that both you and Lieutenant Juckson have a copy."

She then turned and left the establishment.

"...Captain, would you call yourself a calm and rational man?"

Dr. Naira entered the room to only hear the end of the questioning.

"Computer, transport 1 chair from Diplomatic Suite 3 to the DSR. Captain Adeyemi, during the medical and psychological assessments, we suggest that you remain silent."

"Orion. State your name. Are you related to, or, have you ever been intimate with Captain Adeyemi? A relationship of a sexual nature?"

She slowly entered the dim, cold room were the tension seemed to hang heavy in the air. She barely had time to take the chair provided for her when the inspector turned on her and started rattling off questions. Momentarily, she was taken aback by being called Orion instead of her name, rank or title, but she wasn't going to start a fight with a Changling who obviously lacked proper manners.

"I am Doctor Naira, Lieutenant Commander and Chief Medical Officer aboard the Starbase Columbus. I am neither related to nor involved in any sort of relationship with Captain Adeyemi, outside of our work relationship. We have never had any sort of romantic or sexual relationship."

Atal waited for her to confirm. He preferred following proper procedure at all times.

"In your expert opinion, was Captain Adeyemi fit to serve following his injuries sustained on Xa'zii Prime? Could his severe lack in judgement be due to an undisclosed medical condition? Did the Captain display any medical abnormalities that could explain his conduct during the incident?"

"I have reviewed his medical records prior to him taking his position on the Columbus, during and after recovering from his injuries on Xa'zii Prime and I can state that I have not found anything to suggest that there is anything medically wrong with with the Captain that would in anyway impair his judgment."

She took a moment to breath before continuing.

"During the entirety of the incident I was not in the presence of the Captain, so I can not speak to any medical abnormalities that he may or may not have shown."

"Does Captain Adeyemi's faith and belief in an afterlife, in a heaven, make him suicidal? A danger to himself and all of those around him?"

While Naira personally didn't agree with the Captain when it came to his faith and what he believed in, she respected his right to believe in it. She also couldn't help but find it a bit ironic that a Changling was questioning an Orion woman about the apparent danger of others being suicidal when Orion society viewed suicide as an honorable form of death over imprisonment or slavery.

"I am by no means an expert when it comes to the doctrine of his faith, but I do believe that he is highly opposed to the idea of suicide. From his prior actions, I do not believe him to be a danger to himself and certainly not those under his command. If he does bring harm unto himself, I believe it is because he tries to hard to protect those under his care."

"Does Captain Adeyemi follow your medical advice, or, does his strong belief in a God make him await divine intervention to come and solve his and the Station's problems?"

"No, the Captain does not always follow my medical advice, but in my experience few Captains do. I don't believe it is his faith that prevents him from doing so but rather an inherent arrogance that comes with the rank. While I have seen him call upon his god while on duty, I have not seen him stand around waiting for some divine intervention in the event of in emergency. He relies on his crew for that and he is often in the lead, issuing orders and trying to protect his crew."

"What are the results of the expert psychological evaluation?"

"You will have to ask Doctor Kece Lunn about that. He saw to the Captain's injuries following the incident and conducted the psychological evaluation. That is not my field of expertise."

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on September 07, 2017, 01:42:28 PM

[ Puzzles ]

Molly smiled and began to lead Dan toward the table she and Jenna had shared. It was lucky at that moment, Eiliana had brought over Jenna and Molly's coffees. She then noticed Dan and Molly walk over. While this change in tables would normally annoy her, the man was in her rotation and she did just take his order before heading off to grab Molly and Jenna's drinks. She then smiled internally as she didn't have to walk that far with the three orders once they were finished. "Ok Sugars I will be back in a few with your orders once they are ready. Just holler if you need anything. Jenna knows the secret word,"Eliana said as she left. When she did, she had her back to the table and a smirk on her face. Jenna may not have been hers yet, but she wanted to stake a claim early.

Eliana then made her way to the other tables on her rotation. After she was done with that, she decided to go check in with Leanna who she saw walk in. Eliana hummed a bit to herself as she headed back to check the stock room. She also wanted to check in with her boss and friend Leanna. When she came close to Leanna, she noticed a shift in Leanna's demeanor."Boss are you..." Eliana said as she was cut off by seeing the body. Her eyes went wide and then she looked over at Leanna. "Leanna I had no idea... How long has it been here?" She asked staying perfectly calm.

"Hey Chief,"Jenna began once Dan was settled. "Got the same idea as us to fuel up before things get crazy? Oh Molly that reminds me can you write down on your PADD that I need to run a diagnostic on Holosuite 5? You already have yours out or I would." Molly nodded and began to type. "Will do. Jenna and I overheard a couple compaining about a random glitch in the holosuite. We said we'd run some diagnostics when we were on the clock," Molly said after she was finished typing. Almost as if they were on the same wavelength pattern, Molly and Jenna both put their creamer and sugar in their coffees. They then took a sip in unison.

Puzzles
Dan took a seat at the table with Jenna and Molly. When he had settled he replied "Alright Jenna? Indeed I did have the same idea, I get the distinct feeling things about to hit the fan, hence I'm taking the time to read through and familiarise the Analyn program." He finished turning a PADD to show her briefly. He listened as Jenna told him about an issue in Holosuite 5. "Yeah, probably a troublesome photon emitter or something, Holosuite 5 has always been a bit of a pain."

A few moments later, he noted a small commotion going on towards the back of Puzzles which had caught the attraction of quite a few people, including security. "I wonder what's going on back there?" He cascually asked nodding his head in that direction.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Malcolm Adeyemi

[NPC Post - "Vengeance"]

[Quarters]

The computer gently reminded him that it was time to awaken. He had already been awake for what felt like hours, staring through his eyelids even as his body rested.

"=/\=Light,=/\=" He croaked. Reflexively, he threw out an  arm over the other side of the bed. There was only a cold bedsheet. The man sniffed, ostensibly to clear his throat, but there was some emotion behind it. He quickly stood, walked in front of the mirror.

His olive skin was clear and stretched out over muscles born of hard stretches of work in the engineering section: lifting crates, opening panels, hauling heavy equipment back and forth. Not to mention all the holodeck training sessions and what had taken place last night.

He yawned, idly scratched his flat belly. On it and his chest were a series of purple bruises, like ugly kisses against his olive brown skin. His knuckles were skinned raw. He couldn't believe he'd gone to bed without patching himself up.

Going to sickbay was out of the question. He found the emergency medical kit under the sink, snapped it open. The wounds were old but the dermal regenerator made short work of them anyway. If he'd put his mind to it, he could have healed the bruises on his torso, but he preferred to keep them unless absolutely necessary. If the security people came sniffing around he'd do it, cover his tracks and feign ignorance.

Otherwise they remained silent reminders of the hard justice he'd meted out. And would continue to do so. After all, he had suffered a great deal. Wasn't it time he returned the favor?

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Naira on September 09, 2017, 02:58:41 AM

[Puzzles]

Gloria followed the young man over towards the doctor and the restaurant owner. She greeted them both with a smile and pushed her glasses further up her nose. "How can I help you ladies today?" She asked.

"Commander Ortega, thank you for joining us today. I've asked you here because we believe that you might be able to help Leanna...," Naira gestured to her, "and her employees through a crisis. A body was discovered in their store room and it has some of them shook up."

"Oh dear..." The older woman gently patted the back of Leanna's hand with her own wrinkled and age-spotted one. "Let's get you get over here with the others and we can talk about it." Despite everything going on around them, the woman was calm as she took charge and lead the counseling session.

[Puzzles]

Leanna saw Alex approach with an older woman and from her demeanour guessed that this must be the counsellor that Dr Naira had recommended. This is was confirmed when she spoke with Naira before turning her attention to Leanna and when she gently patted the back of her hand again she felt reassured and also realised in that moment that she had never really dealt with what had happened with Matthias and how he had left her for dead preferring to retreat behind her public persona and being strong for everyone else but herself.

She didn't know why it hit her at that moment perhaps it was seeing the body and the memories that it had triggered or maybe because of the counsellor and the way she had spoken to her so calmly making her feel as though she didn't have to deal with it on her own. " Thank you again Dr Naira " she said before replying to the counsellor " Sure that sounds good to me " she replied as she was led over to the others who had all sat down at the booth apart from Alex.

Alex watched as Leanna was led over to the booth and was about to go and join them when he noticed a small group of Starfleet officers sat at one of the tables and went over recognising Jenna as he came to a stop in front of them.

" Hey Jenna, sorry to inform you all but the bar is now closed until tomorrow, Leanna is offering customers a free drink and meal when they return for the inconvenience". He said apologetically.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on September 08, 2017, 10:29:02 PM

Lachlyn looked the body over and tilted her head while coming to a kneeling position, "He didn't go down without a fight and he's no small man so whatever group did this must have known they needed more than one. That's a lot of work to put into him...and they definitely wanted to send a message." As she spoke her hand motioned to the 'V' on him, "Do we have an ID, Sir?"

If he lived on the station then the computer might have a record of where he was before he met this....uncomfortable demise. If he was a passenger or traveler aboard - they'd have to do a little bit more leg work.

Tritter nodded slightly to the Cadet, "His death was personal and his killer is someone who could likely give even me a run for my money in a fight. There are multiple people involved" He gestured to the different size bruises from punches. He took another moment to think and replied with "It was personal" He than proceeded to finish going through the man's pockets, they had taken their ID... They were professionals. Tritter proceeded to grab the man's hands, one at a time with his, flipping them over, he noticed their finger prints had been burnt. That further proved his hypothesis about being professionals. He looked towards the Cadet and shook his head, he replied with "They took his identification and they burnt his fingers, so we can't use a finger print identification method, we will have to use dental or DNA to identify the body" He than lifted the man's shirt with his left hand, he than added "They burnt him while he was alive, you can see that by the fact there is blood right next to the skin. Had he been dead, it would not have done that, and that had to hurt like hell" Inside him, his skin crawled a bit, he only can imagine how bad that must have hurt.

He than looked over the man's neck, he had already figured out how they died, but he was going to show the Cadet. He than pointed to the bruises on the man's neck and said "I'll show you how they killed him, this was intensely personal" He than rose to his feet, he grabbed a fruit that looked like a mix of a coconut and a pineapple, it mostly pineapple like in shape but it had a hard outer shell. Tritter than kneeled back down next to the Cadet, he grabbed the fruit with both of his gloved hands, which had a good bit of blood on them. He than proceeded to wrap both large hands around it with both of his thumbs along the middle of it. He than proceeded to squeeze it, the large man's strong arms made it fairly easy for him to crush it, the fruit kind of "exploded" when he did it.

He than set the fruit down and than stated the following to the Cadet, "They choked him to death, with their bare hands. The coroner will have to identify him" His tone even keeled and calm, he knew this was a personal attack and that they had definitely planned this out. He than waived over the medical crew member to come and get the body.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Thomas Jett

[Promenade]

Jett had an eventful afternoon stroll on the promenade.  He continued his walk looking at the merchant and his wares when his attention was diverted by a familiar voice "CAPTAIN! CAPTAIN!"

Jett turned around and saw a familiar face.  Lieutenant Daniel Heart, or whom he referred as Lieutenant Dan.  Jett smiled as he saw an old familiar face he was a crew member who served under him when he was the first officer.  He was in his late 20's, clean cut brunette.  His skin color was tanned with brown eyes.  He was also shaved.

"Lieutenant Dan?"  Jett asked

The individual pointed at his pip where Jett spotted two gold pip and one-half or dark pip.  He was now a Lieutenant Commander.

"You're a Lieutenant Commander now?  It seems like they promote anyone these days."  Jett said with a smiled.

The two men hugged as they greeted each other.  They have not seen each other since Tom's court martial.

"You look like crap, Captain"  Dan stated

"Well, you don't look so great yourself.  You haven't aged well."  Jett responded

Both of them laughed a little.

"You want to grab a quick drink?"  Jett asked

"Like you had to ask"  Dan responded with a small nod.

Both of them walked to a nearby tall metallic table with two bar stools.  Tom went to the nearest replicator and obtained to Synthale.  He passed one of the mugs to his old friend and Jett began the conversation "Y'know, I am not a Starfleet Captain anymore"

"I know I don't have to call you Captain anymore, Captain" Dan smiled as he finished his response. He grabbed the frosty mug placed in front him and took a sip of it. "I came here as fast as I could, I could not relay this on any subspace channel,"  Dan said

"Does this have something to do with JAG?"  Jett asked

Dan looked around for any suspicious activity and nodded.  "You should be familiar with this particular unit.  They were the one that investigated and found the evidence against you"  Dan said

Jett looked down and took and closed his eyes.  That unit was bad news.  He took a deep breath and said: "Who are they investigating this time?"

Dan handed a Padd to Jett and said "They are looking into Captain  Malcom Adeyemi,  first contact with a dozen species,  lone survivor, the guy is a decorated war hero"

Jett then said, "I know who he is..."

Dan then leaned forward and said, "Sound familiar?"

Jett then took another sip and said "We don't exactly see eye to eye.  I doubt he will accept my help"

Dan said "Then make him listen!  He is being helped by a Vulcan Science Officer"

Jett then asked with a concerned look "T'Prina?"

Dan answered "Yes...Captain, was that concern?"

Jett then answered "Let's say I am fond of her"

Dan said "Have you two?  Y'know done"

Jett interrupted him "That's none of your business"

Dan leaned back and said, "And defensive too...and are you blushing too?"

Jett then asked "Anything else?"

Dan continued "I can't believe it, Captain Thomas Jett moving on with his life...if I knew any better I would say you have feelings...c'mon man I am not judging.  It's been five years since Anna disappeared, but year I have something else"

Dan then handed over a small bag to Jett.  Jett opened the bag and spotted a Red Uniform with the Captain Pips on them.  "I told you, I'm not a Captain anymore"

Dan then smiled and said "Actually, it's grayer.  You were convicted and dishonorable discharged.  But you were conditionally Pardoned by the President of the United Federation of Planets.  Legally a Pardon is like the crime did not happen."

Jett then said, "So I'm a Captain?"

Dan then said "Probably not, but it would be enough that you won't be charged for impersonating an officer.  Also, the Comm badge is up to date so it will register as a Captain.  So you will look like and appear like a Captain.  You might not have anything to command, you might not be a Captain.  But they can't charge you for it"

Jett then looked down and said "Thanks"

Dan then responded "Your welcome.  I should leave, he might not see each other for a while"

Jett then stood up and embraced hug the man.  "You haven't changed at all Tom"  Dan stated.  "Most people would not risk themselves to try and save someone that they don't get along."  As he finished saying those words the man walked away.

Jett looked at the bag with the Starfleet Uniform.  He was going to wear a Starfleet Uniform again.  He took be bag and began changing.

Jett finished changing and looked into the mirror.  He felt like his old self again.  He looked the necklace and walked into the inquiry.

Jett walked into a secure location in which the doors began to open automatically.  It appears that Dan was right his comm.  The badge was configured to be a Starfleet Officer with the rank of Captain.

They were guards in front of the Diplomatic Situation Room.  Jett looked at them both and said "Open the Door"

The Guard asked, "Do you have clearance to be there?"

Jett then said "That's a stupid question"

Jett entered the Diplomatic Situation Room and said "I apologize for the Intrusion. I needed to speak to Captain Adeyemi aide"

Jett then looked at the officer conducting the inquiry and said in a calm voice "Carry on".  He looked at the officer eyes and just nodded.  Jett was acting like he was supposed to be there.

"Luitenant, can I have a moment?"  Jett asked.  He hope that everyone would address him as Captain.

Tanner Lachlyn

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on September 09, 2017, 10:30:18 AM

Tritter nodded slightly to the Cadet, "His death was personal and his killer is someone who could likely give even me a run for my money in a fight. There are multiple people involved" He gestured to the different size bruises from punches. He took another moment to think and replied with "It was personal" He than proceeded to finish going through the man's pockets, they had taken their ID... They were professionals. Tritter proceeded to grab the man's hands, one at a time with his, flipping them over, he noticed their finger prints had been burnt. That further proved his hypothesis about being professionals. He looked towards the Cadet and shook his head, he replied with "They took his identification and they burnt his fingers, so we can't use a finger print identification method, we will have to use dental or DNA to identify the body" He than lifted the man's shirt with his left hand, he than added "They burnt him while he was alive, you can see that by the fact there is blood right next to the skin. Had he been dead, it would not have done that, and that had to hurt like hell" Inside him, his skin crawled a bit, he only can imagine how bad that must have hurt.

He than looked over the man's neck, he had already figured out how they died, but he was going to show the Cadet. He than pointed to the bruises on the man's neck and said "I'll show you how they killed him, this was intensely personal" He than rose to his feet, he grabbed a fruit that looked like a mix of a coconut and a pineapple, it mostly pineapple like in shape but it had a hard outer shell. Tritter than kneeled back down next to the Cadet, he grabbed the fruit with both of his gloved hands, which had a good bit of blood on them. He than proceeded to wrap both large hands around it with both of his thumbs along the middle of it. He than proceeded to squeeze it, the large man's strong arms made it fairly easy for him to crush it, the fruit kind of "exploded" when he did it.

He than set the fruit down and than stated the following to the Cadet, "They choked him to death, with their bare hands. The coroner will have to identify him" His tone even keeled and calm, he knew this was a personal attack and that they had definitely planned this out. He than waived over the medical crew member to come and get the body.

What did the fruit do to deserve that? Lachlyn thought after the demonstration. Standing to her feet she moved back, allowing the medical crew to take over the body, "Sir, once in the morgue we can see about matching his appearance to any of the ships rosters or manifests that are currently docked as well as those currently aboard. I'd suggest posting at least one security guard down at the morgue as well. With a violent crime of this nature - whoever took the time to do this wouldn't think twice about ensuring we didn't get far into the why and how of it all."

Tucking a strand behind her ear she let it settle before continuing, "Should we quietly notify Security? I don't want to cause a panic but if everyone is aware then we might get a foot ahead of this."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.