S2:M1 - The Hero We Deserve

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 16, 2017, 01:37:52 PM

Promenade
Dan followed Jenna and Folly to wherever they were going to get breakfast, he'd never really explored the promenade unless it was for official work so it made a nice change to be walking around off duty. Whilst they were in line, Jenna came up with an idea for holosuite 5. Dan thought for a few seconds with his somewhat thought expression before replying "We could but it depends whats wrong with the holosuite. If it's computer based then I don't see why not, but if it's hardware related then we'll have to take it out of service until we can localize the issue. Don't want anyone coming out with a changed appearance now do we." He finished wittingly.

[ Promenade ]

When Dan said his witty quote it made Jenna laugh. Her mind went to what happened to Lissy and reject friend. She shook her head and immediately a thought came to mind. As she was about to speak, she heard the captain speak to both her and Dan. When Molly gave her an inquisitive look she just mouthed Lissy's name. This made Molly laugh out loud. She would of course explain it to Dan if he asked.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 18, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Howell, McKinson, Lachlyn, and Tritter. Gentlemen and lady, our killer has built himself some kind of flying device, and carries a plasma torch capable of burning solid rock. Commander Howell, Lieutenant McKinson, I want you to look for missing inventory, especially anything that could fly or burn, like I said. Commander Tritter, take Lachlyn and question the engineering staff. Lachlyn, you're new, so be respectful. We have no suspects yet, and that's Commander Howell's staff. They're our people, so treat them right, but be thorough. Adeyemi out.=/\="

[ Promenade ]

Jenna listened in. She knew what she was going to do when on the way back down to engineering. Luckily the group had gotten their food by that point. When she heard that the engineering staff would be questioned, she turned to look at Molly. "No need to worry about giraffe here chief," She began. "She was with me all night last night." This made Molly blush and playfully smack Jenna for her tone.

"Dan I can go check the holosuite. I can think of a few parts that could have been stolen that would fit what the captain described. Come to think of it I did notice someone acting strange lately on my shifts. However, I was neck deep in work and I don't like to snap judge. What may be strange to me could be perfectly normal," Molly said with a tone that sounded like she was blaming herself for what happened.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Tanner Lachlyn

[Station Security]

As far as Tanner was concerned, the Station was going crazy. First Klingons, now this. Station life had a reputation to housing some shady dealings and for being a hub of everything that gave a small being terrors - but even this was beyond what she knew. Her fingers twirled a stray hair behind her ear.

"Computer, continue scanning but adjust the pattern." She paused, "Except on the following areas which I've highlighted. Those are to be continuously under surveillance...I want everything recorded and documented." Leaning back she hit a button on her PADD and glanced around the area. Noting Tritter was still in the office she stood and headed over to the open door.

"Sir." She knocked gently while resting on the door frame, "Got a minute, or two?"

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Farmer Dwayne's]

Adeyemi had repeatedly told Analyn that the investigation should have been conducted from an office. But no, the little girl was insistent. A birthday party was taking place in the restaurant, and she'd wanted to be there. When he told her that he'd leave her and go to his office, she'd threatened to not help at all. So in between rounds of musical chairs, monsters and maidens, come into my castle, and pin the tail on the donkey Analyn was answering questions and facilitating Station operations.

The captain wondered how wise it was to have Analyn running so much of his starbase. But it didn't seem to matter: no matter how much he worried, he couldn't shut down the Artificial Intelligence system. And he had to admit that while Analyn had the mind of a child, she was certainly doing an amazing job overall. Overall Station efficiency had never been higher. It was strange, Analyn seemed more consumed with eating cake, drinking punch and dancing in a circle with the other children than how well the recycling and replicator systems were working. It was almost as if the technical details and logistics were second nature to her.

He was surrounded by a half dozen officers, one a department head. He was being handed PADDs and issuing orders back. While they were waiting, the officers were enjoying the party.

Barely containing his outrage, Adeyemi stared at the handful of officers mingling with the party goers. The Beta shift leader of Operations, Lieutenant Commander Daorn, was being spun around with a blindfold on and was wielding a length of hollow pipe, the better to bash at a pinata with. Doing the spinning was a laughing, pretty female ensign. Any attempt to reproach them had been met by Analyn with tantrums thus far. Her being so comfortable to appear as a hologram was a mistake. It was breaking down the chain of command. The captain had no doubt that in a few hours, one the party was over, Analyn would lose interest and things would return to normal. But the thought still troubled him. Should she turn untrustworthy or evil...

"Sir, my officers report that a dozen petty criminals have been assaulted," Lieutenant T.J. Juckson, chief of Security, said. He was wearing a conical paper party hat with a bright pink poof of tassels on the end. "The civilians are calling him 'Vengeance.' At first, I have to admit, I appreciated him bringing down those scum, but he's severely beating even minor--"

"I will not have the law taken into anyone else's hands on my Station," Adeyemi interrupted hotly. "I punish criminals here, not him. Is that clear, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, sir. We'll redouble our efforts." Juckson executed an about face and marched off, hat still on his head.

Commander Daorn wandered over with one furry hand on Analyn's tiny shoulder. She was still wearing her pink cowgirl hat and someone had attached miniature spurs to her pink boots. She jangled when she walked.

"Yeehaw, cap'n!" The little girl said, dramatically cocking a finger gun into the air. "Me 'n Comm'aner Daorn here got a rhubarb of a cornichon of a pickle of a jam done solved!"

"Splendid." Adeyemi turned his baleful dark gaze onto the Teallarite, who stopped smiling.

"Analyn, you dandy little bhumba mouse, give the captain and I a moment alone, please?" Daorn said in his glossy basso voice.

Wordlessly, the little girl squatted down, put her hands on the deck, and hopped like a frog until she rejoined the party.

"Captain--"

"RIBBIT!"

"...sir, I believe that if we tie the comm array into the internal sensors we can boost our signal gain by around 30%. This should nullify whatever cloaking technology Vengeance is using. However, I will need someone from Science to assist me in filtering out the bio signals." Daorn said.

"Not a terrible idea," Adeyemi said. "You'll be reading the bio and audio signals for nearly the entire compliment of the Station. That's fifty thousand people."

"I will be able to coallate the data with Analyn's help, so long as we have a good science officer to help me sift through it, captain."

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Lieutenant T'Prina. Meet Commander Daorn and Analyn in...=/\="

"Stellar cartography is the only display station large enough," Daorn clarified.

"=/\=Did you get that, lieutenant?=/\="

Naira

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on September 17, 2017, 04:07:05 PM

[Puzzles]

Leanna returned her focus to the Counsellor when she spoke to them all and she pretty much said what Leanna had realised that they were always there for each other and she was right they would be fine and life would continue as normal. She may be shaken and scared by her past but wouldn't be where she here now without each and every person who was sat here with her.

" Thank you, your right we will be fine and I have such a close bond with them all that I know I'll be stronger for it and this experience will no doubt make us even closer " she replied " I'll definitely make sure that if any of us hear anything that Security will be notified and if anyone does want separate appointments with you, I have no issue letting them attend in fact I may arrange one with you myself " she added thinking of how much better it might make her feel letting more of her memories out in order to move on properly.

She looked round at her staff once more and knew that Rixxy might not want to take up the Counsellor's offer same with Alex and Marcus but again wasn't going to force anyone to do anything they didn't want to but would let the other band members and Max know what had gone on today when they returned to work.

[Puzzles]

Dr. Ortega looked around the room once more. She felt confident in her duties to declare that while some of these individuals had issues that they can and should work out, that they had not been traumatized by the discovery of the body beyond the initial shock of finding it. She had every reason to assume that they could return to their duties once the investigation was complete.

"Well..." She said as she braced her weight against the arms of the chair to help herself up. "Unless anyone has anything more that they would like to share, I believe my work here is done. I will submit my report clearing all of you to return to duty once your establishment is no longer an active crime scene. If anyone does want to take on additional counseling sessions I encourage you to do so. You can find my office right next to Secondary Sickbay if you need me."

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Naira on September 20, 2017, 02:07:17 PM

[Puzzles]

Dr. Ortega looked around the room once more. She felt confident in her duties to declare that while some of these individuals had issues that they can and should work out, that they had not been traumatized by the discovery of the body beyond the initial shock of finding it. She had every reason to assume that they could return to their duties once the investigation was complete.

"Well..." She said as she braced her weight against the arms of the chair to help herself up. "Unless anyone has anything more that they would like to share, I believe my work here is done. I will submit my report clearing all of you to return to duty once your establishment is no longer an active crime scene. If anyone does want to take on additional counseling sessions I encourage you to do so. You can find my office right next to Secondary Sickbay if you need me."

[Puzzles]

Leanna let go of Alex's hand as the Counsellor began to get up from her seat and did the same so she could see her out politely. The news that they would be cleared to return to duty was welcomed and understood that it might take a little longer for the Bar to be able to reopen and wpuld still honour the offer she had given her customers for having to close early. She also thought to have an extra music night to make up for it too.

" Thank you for all of your help Dr Ortega and I will  definitely pay you a visit and your welcome in the bar anytime " Leanna replied looking at her staff
for a moment and decided that if anyone didn't want to go home immediately would invite them back to her quarters for drinks.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on September 19, 2017, 11:15:15 PM

[Station Security]

As far as Tanner was concerned, the Station was going crazy. First Klingons, now this. Station life had a reputation to housing some shady dealings and for being a hub of everything that gave a small being terrors - but even this was beyond what she knew. Her fingers twirled a stray hair behind her ear.

"Computer, continue scanning but adjust the pattern." She paused, "Except on the following areas which I've highlighted. Those are to be continuously under surveillance...I want everything recorded and documented." Leaning back she hit a button on her PADD and glanced around the area. Noting Tritter was still in the office she stood and headed over to the open door.

"Sir." She knocked gently while resting on the door frame, "Got a minute, or two?"

Tritter had been focused on reviewing the footage while looking for their suspect. The large man was seated in an obviously uncomfortable looking position due to be sandwiched into furniture far too small for him. Even though it wasn't interesting work, he kept himself focused on it as he was looking for their killer. And come hell or high water, he was going to find them. Even though the Executive Officer was focused on his task, he heard the unmistakable sound of foot prints.

Tritter than heard the Cadet speak to him, he shifted a bit to face her, he didn't dare get up... He had a feeling that the chair would not be an easy item for him to get out of, although others may find it amusing. He than focused on the Cadet, he than stated, "Yes Cadet, come in" He spoke in a calm yet heavily accented voice.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 18, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Howell, McKinson, Lachlyn, and Tritter. Gentlemen and lady, our killer has built himself some kind of flying device, and carries a plasma torch capable of burning solid rock. Commander Howell, Lieutenant McKinson, I want you to look for missing inventory, especially anything that could fly or burn, like I said. Commander Tritter, take Lachlyn and question the engineering staff. Lachlyn, you're new, so be respectful. We have no suspects yet, and that's Commander Howell's staff. They're our people, so treat them right, but be thorough. Adeyemi out.=/\=

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on September 19, 2017, 01:47:41 PM

[ Promenade ]

When Dan said his witty quote it made Jenna laugh. Her mind went to what happened to Lissy and reject friend. She shook her head and immediately a thought came to mind. As she was about to speak, she heard the captain speak to both her and Dan. When Molly gave her an inquisitive look she just mouthed Lissy's name. This made Molly laugh out loud. She would of course explain it to Dan if he asked.

[ Promenade ]

Jenna listened in. She knew what she was going to do when on the way back down to engineering. Luckily the group had gotten their food by that point. When she heard that the engineering staff would be questioned, she turned to look at Molly. "No need to worry about giraffe here chief," She began. "She was with me all night last night." This made Molly blush and playfully smack Jenna for her tone.

"Dan I can go check the holosuite. I can think of a few parts that could have been stolen that would fit what the captain described. Come to think of it I did notice someone acting strange lately on my shifts. However, I was neck deep in work and I don't like to snap judge. What may be strange to me could be perfectly normal," Molly said with a tone that sounded like she was blaming herself for what happened.

Promenade
The group had now got their food and were just generally chatting about things when the Captain came across on comms. He listened and was quite surprised, but none the less, it was time to get to work. =/\= Aye Captain, we'll take a look into it immediately and my staff are available to be questioned as long as it does not take to much time. Howell out =/\=

He listened to what Molly said before replying "Right, lets get to work. Molly, good idea, head down to the holosuite, check everything over, there is parts in there that would no doubt be of use to him, Jenna, your with me to engineering to start running an inventory and diagnostics on every system, maybe that'll reveal some more missing parts we haven't detected yet."

and with that, he lead the group to the nearest turbolift to start work.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on September 21, 2017, 08:49:14 AM

Promenade
The group had now got their food and were just generally chatting about things when the Captain came across on comms. He listened and was quite surprised, but none the less, it was time to get to work. =/\= Aye Captain, we'll take a look into it immediately and my staff are available to be questioned as long as it does not take to much time. Howell out =/\=

He listened to what Molly said before replying "Right, lets get to work. Molly, good idea, head down to the holosuite, check everything over, there is parts in there that would no doubt be of use to him, Jenna, your with me to engineering to start running an inventory and diagnostics on every system, maybe that'll reveal some more missing parts we haven't detected yet."

and with that, he lead the group to the nearest turbolift to start work.

[ Turbolift ]

There was a bit of silence while the details of what the captain said set in. Though they would be only there for a moment or two, Molly wanted to comment before the group split. "So it looks like there was a body discovered in Puzzles. I hope Leanna and everyone over there is ok,"Molly said. Jenna sighed, thinking back to the time she spent with Leanna at the bar. She was not stranger herself to  someone winding up dead. Her and Eliana knew it all to well. "Knowing Leanna, she is ok. Though her demeanor led me to believe otherwise. Once things are settled I think we should both see if she's ok. However, I think we need to focus now and stop whoever did this. If we don't get this to the Captain, I think we will have more dead soon," Jenna said in response. Molly nodded and saw it was her stop. She gave a quick hug to Jenna before she headed off to head to the holosuite. She wanted to kiss her on the cheek, but hesitated. In that moment their eyes locked and Jenna smiled with a nod.

[ Main Engineering ]

Once Jenna got into Main Engineering she headed toward the nearest terminal. Her hands began to go a mile a minute so she could begin interfacing with all systems to run diagnostics and inventory. She paced a bit as she began to think on what parts would be needed to achieve what the captain described. Her mind went into full think mode. The world around a bit and became muted as she opened her PADD to write down her ideas of parts she would think would be needed. She also knew she would be questioned so she was prepared for that. However, she knew she wasn't the killer. She did sleepwalk once when she was younger, but she doubted she had the capacity to sleep kill.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

After Dr Ortega had left, Leanna moved the shutters back down into a half open position leaving enough room for everyone to get out without hurting themselves and was about to turn back when she heard a voice. Looking over she recognised Earl another one of her regulars approach the bar " I'm sorry Earl but we're closed until further notice " she said not wanting to turn anyone away but had no choice until Security gave them the all clear.

" My dearest Leanna are you sure you can't let me in?" He asked and Leanna knew how persistent he could be but remained firm as always despite how she felt inside. " Not unless you want Seamus or Starfleet Security to lock you up " she said standing strong and looking at him sternly.

" Erm no I don't actually sorry to bother you Leanna"He answered faltering under her gaze before turning round and going back the way he come from. Once he was gone she let out a sigh of frustration then returned to her employees.

" Since we can't stay here, your all welcome to come back to mine and we'll take the leftovers and have a couple of drinks or if you want to go home that's okay with me too" she said " Until we can reopen let's try and enjoy the time off and of course you'll all be getting paid for it y'know me ".

Marcus was the first to get up " Lea I'll go get the leftovers for you but then I think an early night is in order for me" and Leanna didn't blame him " That would be great thanks Marcus " she replied as he went to the kitchen.

Maggie then mentioned about a guy she wanted to meet making Leanna smile and after telling her to be careful and have fun watched as she left. Then Seamus was the next to get up "Lea I'm going to head home too and relax, I'll come check on you tomorrow"He said stopping to give Leanna a firm but much welcomed hug which she returned full force with a thank you and that she would see him tomorrow. Marcus then walked out of the Kitchen carrying an old fashioned basket filled with food and was the next one to give Leanna a hug before leaving and she appreciated the sentiment and how much they all cared for her.

That left Alex,Rixxy and Eliana and she knew Alex would more than likely want to come back and after today wasn't sure if that was a good idea or not but hopefully the girls would want to join them for a much needed time out. But if they didn't she would understand and considered just being on her own and if Alex protested would be firm with him.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[NPC Post - "Vengenace"]

[Habitat Ring - Rooftops]

Word had gotten out.

He had never worn the suit for such a long period of time. His snoopers and cloak were working just fine, but the plasma jets had long since burnt out. It was a problem with the runoff heat, he was sure. He'd fix it and soon.

But because he was bound to how fast he could move on his own two feet he had been revealed. The cloak wasn't meant to be activated very often, and so he'd been forced to stick to the rooftops of the Ring to get home. Using the transporter was out: they'd record his identity and bio-scans for anyone to see.

The rooftops were crowded, however. Teenagers, mostly. They gathered there to think or drink a bit of black market alcohol or to meet up for clandestine dates. He had already been spotted once, and word had spread: Vengeance was running around the rooftops of the Promenade.

"Hey! My dad's out looking for you!" A tiny little boy said. "I'm gonna tell him I seen you!"

He needed to find a hiding place, and soon. The suit's power was dwindling; using the cloak would drain it completely. He ran a bit faster, picking up some speed, leaping across the six inch gaps in between rooftops.

"Halt!" A voice said even as he felt, rather than heard, a phaser blast over his shoulder.

He forced his tired body into a sprint, a full on mad dash across the tops of the buildings like an Olympic hurdler. He heard voices and doors swishing open to watch. His body was more than up for the task. Though he was battered and bruised, he was more fit than any other engineer in the department, and had the benefit of his training as well. He'd be fine, he just needed to get out of site.

"it's over!" A security officer ahead of him said, appearing ahead of him and leveling a phaser rifle and running forward. "Get down on the--"

Vengeance stiff-armed the other man in the chest like a halfback charging into the end zone: the fellow toppled. But there were more. Arms grabbed at his body and slowed him.

His suit was able to shrug off the first stun blast, surprising one of the half dozen attackers that had surrounded him. He responded with a two handed shove that bodily flipped the man over the edge of the roof. Rifle butts, fists and boots hammered at him from all sides. Vengeance was able to focus on one opponent at a time: his suit was strong enough that their blows felt like nattering stings instead of the heavy, crippling strikes they were.

The first man was grabbed by his uniform and thrown into the second; they went down in a tangle of limbs. Vengeance half turned and caught the full brunt of a rifle butt directly into his mask. For just a moment, his filtered vision faltered and he felt blood. The inside edge of the mask had sliced into his forehead. Blindly, he kicked out, catching whoever it was full in the stomach. It was enough to send them crashing, butt first, onto the rooftop.

That left three. Vengeance grappled with one briefly, who was quickly overwhelmed and tossed aside. A stomp on the foot and a back forearm to the chest downed two of them. The third threw down his rifle and ran.

He squatted to pick it up, and regretted it. He was an amazing physical specimen, but he'd still taken a beating. He groaned aloud, but got the rifle in his arms. With a marksman's skill he took aim, fired, and stunned the fleeing officer. No word would get to security now.

Naira

[Sickbay]

Leesill walked quietly into the CMO's office and closed the door behind her. She glanced disapprovingly at the stack of haphazard padds stacked up on the desk. Slowly she made her way around the mess, pushing some of it out of her way and took a seat on the edge of the desk. With her back facing the door, she sat only inches away from Naira, who was still sleeping in her chair.

"You said you wanted to talk," Leesill let out in hushed tone.

"Hmmm...I?" Naira opened her eyes just a crack and glanced around the room as she regained her bearings.

"It's fine, you can sit. I just thought..."

"We should talk." Naira said with a yawn. "I've noticed you've been distant these past few weeks. When I enter the room, you bury yourself in work. You either have nothing to say or like earlier, you get argumentative. I don't want to reprimand you in a professional manner, but I need to know what's gotten into you? What's bothering you, Leesill?"

Naira reached out to place her hand on the other woman's thigh, but instead her hand just hovered a it for a moment before being pulled back.

"I didn't realize you had noticed..."

Leesill turned her back towards the doctor and slipped off the desk.

"You've been so busy lately," the Trill woman started in. "I've hardly seen you in the last few weeks. Between the repairs, your patients, family and all the time you spent with the Klingons, we haven't had a chance to talk. During the disaster you left me in charge of sickbay while you disappeared. The few times I've tried to go by your quarters when off duty, you weren't there."

Leesill turned back to face Naira. Her eyes were puffy and swollen, her lip quivered and the tip of her nose twitched as she continued to speak. "I fell like...it's like you've changed. You haven't been yourself. I don't know this new you, who goes off and does dangerous things and I don't know if I like it."

"I'm sorry you feel that way." Naira stood up from her chair. She crossed the two steps separating them and pulled the other woman into a hug. "I'm sorry if I've asked too much of you and that we haven't had a chance to talk. I had no idea you felt that way."

Just then, the office door opened and a young man stuck his head in.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but we're getting reports that more individuals have been injured by our masked man and we should expect to see an influx in patients any time now."

Naira released the other woman from the hug. They now had work to do. "If you're up to it, I'd like to continue this talk again later. Will you join me for dinner later?"

Leesill smiled and the two of them left the office as they prepared to treat the newly injured victims of the dangerous assailant. 

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Security]

Tritter had been focused on Cadet Lachlyn when he heard that there had been an incident involving a Security Officer and someone who was seen hiding in the roof tops. Tritter than rose to his feet and instructed the Cadet to follow him.

The man moved quickly, he grabbed a phaser rifle on his way out. He would than make way to the area in question, he slung the rifle across his back in the process. Once he made his way to the area, he immediately noticed the stunned Security Officer.

Instinct of someone less experienced than he would be to rush in, but he stayed in place, drawing the rifle and scanning the roof tops for the attacker.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

[NPC Post - Vengeance]

More security squads had shown up. The whine of the transporter was the only warning Vengeance had.

Three tubes of scattered light, each rapidly forming into a humanoid shape, appeared before him. Acting quickly, Vengeance tapped and held a button on his belt.

All three officers leveled phasers at him and fired. Nothing happened. Disbelief showed on their faces.

It was all he needed.

He ducked low and smooth, hand still on his belt, and swept out a pair of legs with a swing of his thick right leg. The movement was so practiced and quick that the it looked effortless, but in reality it sent his head to swimming and strained his injured ribs. The female officer toppled over and thumped her head onto the roof.

He rose and in the motion uppercut the second officer with enough force to send him flying onto his back, legs in the air. He ended it with a forceful head butt to the third security man, which gouged the inside of his mask against his already cut face, causing him to cry out hoarsely in pain.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on September 23, 2017, 05:58:28 PM

[Location: Security]

Tritter had been focused on Cadet Lachlyn when he heard that there had been an incident involving a Security Officer and someone who was seen hiding in the roof tops. Tritter than rose to his feet and instructed the Cadet to follow him.

The man moved quickly, he grabbed a phaser rifle on his way out. He would than make way to the area in question, he slung the rifle across his back in the process. Once he made his way to the area, he immediately noticed the stunned Security Officer.

Instinct of someone less experienced than he would be to rush in, but he stayed in place, drawing the rifle and scanning the roof tops for the attacker.

The enormous man had appeared before Vengeance had time to prepare. His finger was still on his belt button; had he removed it the man's phaser rifle would have worked. His only hope was to disarm the larger man and hope he could flee. Vengeance didn't relish the idea of the contest turning physical: the man in red looked as if he could break a tree in half. As big as he was Vengeance had no fear of him. There wasn't time; the larger fellow was in his way.

He swung out his booted foot in an upward arc, quick as lightning, aiming to knock the phaser rifle out of his hands and take away the other man's firepower.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on September 23, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

[NPC Post - Vengeance]

More security squads had shown up. The whine of the transporter was the only warning Vengeance had.

Three tubes of scattered light, each rapidly forming into a humanoid shape, appeared before him. Acting quickly, Vengeance tapped and held a button on his belt.

All three officers leveled phasers at him and fired. Nothing happened. Disbelief showed on their faces.

It was all he needed.

He ducked low and smooth, hand still on his belt, and swept out a pair of legs with a swing of his thick right leg. The movement was so practiced and quick that the it looked effortless, but in reality it sent his head to swimming and strained his injured ribs. The female officer toppled over and thumped her head onto the roof.

He rose and in the motion uppercut the second officer with enough force to send him flying onto his back, legs in the air. He ended it with a forceful head butt to the third security man, which gouged the inside of his mask against his already cut face, causing him to cry out hoarsely in pain.

The enormous man had appeared before Vengeance had time to prepare. His finger was still on his belt button; had he removed it the man's phaser rifle would have worked. His only hope was to disarm the larger man and hope he could flee. Vengeance didn't relish the idea of the contest turning physical: the man in red looked as if he could break a tree in half. As big as he was Vengeance had no fear of him. There wasn't time; the larger fellow was in his way.

He swung out his booted foot in an upward arc, quick as lightning, aiming to knock the phaser rifle out of his hands and take away the other man's firepower.

Tritter noticed the attacker and they came at him fairly quickly, however he was not toally unprepared for the onslaught. Tritter felt the hit square on the phaser rifle, it did not knock it out of his hands, but had he been a weaker man, it would of. In one smooth quick motion, he attempted to hit them with the butt of the rifle in the jaw, which if it landed would be a very painful blow indeed. Tritter was not scared, he had been face to face with worse.

Tanner Lachlyn

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on September 23, 2017, 08:55:21 PM

Tritter noticed the attacker and they came at him fairly quickly, however he was not toally unprepared for the onslaught. Tritter felt the hit square on the phaser rifle, it did not knock it out of his hands, but had he been a weaker man, it would of. In one smooth quick motion, he attempted to hit them with the butt of the rifle in the jaw, which if it landed would be a very painful blow indeed. Tritter was not scared, he had been face to face with worse.

Lachlyn had followed Tritter and was glad she had been a few steps behind. The attacker had reacted fast and gone without thinking anyone would be following. Her phaser was drawn instantly before taking aim and firing. It was a low setting and it hit the attacker square in the back.

Holding her ground she hesitated, unsure how it would affect him.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.