Author Topic: S1E5 Brain Games  (Read 39543 times)

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1E5 Brain Games
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 09:45:11 pm »
Sickbay
"I take it you have come to see Alys?" She asked. "You can come and see her, but she is sleeping at the moment and I would prefer it if she was not woken up just yet." She continued, indicating her office.

[Sickbay]

Jackson didn't remember seeing that nurse before, so he figured he would have to introduce himself to her as soon as possible.  She seemed nice, though he imagined a hint of suspicion in her eyes as she looked at him.  Of course, Jackson was a huge, hulking guy and walking into sickbay unannounced and uninjured when there was a baby around might arouse some concern.  But, quickly after, Lizzie came and took over.

Babies sleep a lot, so this was no surprise.  He'd have to be very quiet. 

"Thank you," Jackson answered the doctor, lowering his head in a show of meek respect.  She was a very nice lady.  "How's everything going with her?  Any word from the brass?" 

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 06:31:35 am »
[Sickbay]

Jackson didn't remember seeing that nurse before, so he figured he would have to introduce himself to her as soon as possible.  She seemed nice, though he imagined a hint of suspicion in her eyes as she looked at him.  Of course, Jackson was a huge, hulking guy and walking into sickbay unannounced and uninjured when there was a baby around might arouse some concern.  But, quickly after, Lizzie came and took over.

Babies sleep a lot, so this was no surprise.  He'd have to be very quiet. 

"Thank you," Jackson answered the doctor, lowering his head in a show of meek respect.  She was a very nice lady.  "How's everything going with her?  Any word from the brass?"

Sickbay

Lizzie shook her head, a sad look flitting across her face.

"Since both Bajor and Cardassia have rejected her, she has been left in my care. What happens next is up to me." She said, indicating the PADD. "Since I don't want her growing up without a family, I'm thinking of adopting her myself. That way I'll be sure that she gets the love and attention she needs. As for how she is doing, well despite her rather traumatic birth, she is in perfect health. She's eating properly and showing no signs of distress. If you want to see her, come this way."

Lizzie led the way to her office and putting her finger to her lips, entered. Once they were both inside, she indicated the crib before making sure that Alys was still sleeping.

As it turned out she was not.

The little girl was laying in the crib, gurgling to herself.

Lizzie smiled and picked her up.

"You should be asleep young lady!" She said softly before checking her nappy. "So you're not hungry and you don't need changing. Maybe you want to be sociable huh?" She asked.

She then turned to Jackson.

"Would you like to hold her?" She asked.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:37:26 am by Lizzie Vaughan »

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 02:31:46 pm »
Sickbay
"You should be asleep young lady!" She said softly before checking her nappy. "So you're not hungry and you don't need changing. Maybe you want to be sociable huh?" She asked.

She then turned to Jackson.

"Would you like to hold her?" She asked.

[Sickbay]

"I'd love to," answered Jackson, bending down slightly and taking the little bundle from Lizzie.  He had always enjoyed kids, and the little girl was just precious.  "Well," he said, looking down at the girl's face, "on the bright side, you won't have to give her up."  Maybe it sounded a little simple-minded, but any ray of sunshine was a good thing out here in space.   

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Three year award Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »
[Sickbay]

"I'd love to," answered Jackson, bending down slightly and taking the little bundle from Lizzie.  He had always enjoyed kids, and the little girl was just precious.  "Well," he said, looking down at the girl's face, "on the bright side, you won't have to give her up."  Maybe it sounded a little simple-minded, but any ray of sunshine was a good thing out here in space.

CMO's Office

Lizzie smiled slightly as Jackson took Alys. As soon as the little girl made no noise, Lizzie released the breath she had been unconsciously holding. When he mentioned never having to give the child up, it was like a huge weight had gone from her shoulders. Her smile extended so it nearly threatened to split her face in two.

"Indeed." She replied, still processing the feelings that Jacksons simple statement had released. Immediately her agile brain began thinking of that she would have to do to formally adopt Alys.

Firstly she would have to let her family know. She didn't honestly know what reaction she would get, but that would not stop her. Then she would file for formal custody with Starfleet. Once that was accomplished, she would begin the formal adoption process, which as she had been reliably informed, was full of hoops for her to jump through. She would also have to get her named. She knew little of Bajoran or Cardassian naming ceremonies so she decided to go back to her roots and hold an old style christening. She wondered if her Mother still had her christening gown.

For now though, she was content just watching the little girl.

In Memorium.

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 07:28:08 am »
[Conference Room]

When he heard the captain summon him in a voice that did not seem pleased, Lek lurched out of his seat and exited the conference room in haste. He crossed the bridge and stood outside the ready room long enough for the door chime to announce him, then entered and stopped precisely one meter from the desk and braced at the position of attention.

"Ensign Lek reporting as ordered Sir!"

[Ready Room]

Dylan saw the Ferengi snape to attention. He was nervous, it seemed. Dylan smiled inwardly. "Mister Lek!" He called, cutting the silence in the room. "Recite for me the Ninth rule of Aquisition," he ordered, as he walked slowly around his desk, never breaking eye contact with the man. Before he got a response, he called out again. "The Two Hundred and Eighty Fifth!"

Dylan then paused and turned, his stony attitude breaking after this. He grew a big smile as he waited to see if the man could tell them. In his hand, he clutched a small black box, whose purpose was unknown.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 10:51:26 am »
[Ready Room]

Dylan saw the Ferengi snape to attention. He was nervous, it seemed. Dylan smiled inwardly. "Mister Lek!" He called, cutting the silence in the room. "Recite for me the Ninth rule of Aquisition," he ordered, as he walked slowly around his desk, never breaking eye contact with the man. Before he got a response, he called out again. "The Two Hundred and Eighty Fifth!"

Dylan then paused and turned, his stony attitude breaking after this. He grew a big smile as he waited to see if the man could tell them. In his hand, he clutched a small black box, whose purpose was unknown.

[Ready Room]

Lek blinked in surprise at the unexpected question, but being a good Ferengi, he quickly replied.

"Sir, the Ninth Rule of Acquisition is 'Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.' The 285th Rule is 'No good deed ever goes unpunished!'"

Lek stood rock solid at the position of attention, but curiosity did cause his eyes to stray to the small box as he waited, now even more confused by the Captain's smile as he inwardly thought of the 48th Rule of Acquisition 'The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.'
Alt of Ian Galloway

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 11:14:37 am »
[Ready Room]

Lek blinked in surprise at the unexpected question, but being a good Ferengi, he quickly replied.

"Sir, the Ninth Rule of Acquisition is 'Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.' The 285th Rule is 'No good deed ever goes unpunished!'"

Lek stood rock solid at the position of attention, but curiosity did cause his eyes to stray to the small box as he waited, now even more confused by the Captain's smile as he inwardly thought of the 48th Rule of Acquisition 'The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.'

[Bridge]

The Captain spoke. "Mister Lek... as I recall, you were unable to stop the Cardassian ship Karnat from imploding... feel free to correct my memory if that is incorrect. You also were onboard the Karnat when the evacuation started, leaving some of the crew behind."

He paused, to let that sink in. About ten seconds later, he continued.

"However, you were the officer who detected the radiation and was instrumental in holding the ship together as long as possible. As such, you saved the lives of the crew of this ship, as well as others. As such, I have no choice in this matter." he said, walking behind the man before turning. "Ensign Lek, you are hereby condemned to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade, with all the responsibilities thereof," he said, opening the small box and presenting it to the man, which contained the one half-pip needed to update his uniform. "Congratulations, Lieutenant."

It occurred to at least some part of him that he'd just pulled the same trick his old Captain had. How the tables had turned...
Shadow Fleet

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2017, 01:02:34 pm »
[Bridge]

The Captain spoke. "Mister Lek... as I recall, you were unable to stop the Cardassian ship Karnat from imploding... feel free to correct my memory if that is incorrect. You also were onboard the Karnat when the evacuation started, leaving some of the crew behind."

He paused, to let that sink in. About ten seconds later, he continued.

"However, you were the officer who detected the radiation and was instrumental in holding the ship together as long as possible. As such, you saved the lives of the crew of this ship, as well as others. As such, I have no choice in this matter." he said, walking behind the man before turning. "Ensign Lek, you are hereby condemned to the rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade, with all the responsibilities thereof," he said, opening the small box and presenting it to the man, which contained the one half-pip needed to update his uniform. "Congratulations, Lieutenant."

It occurred to at least some part of him that he'd just pulled the same trick his old Captain had. How the tables had turned...

[Ready Room]

Lek's heart and face fell as the Captain recounted the events with the Karnat, felt there were some extenuating circumstances that the captain was overlooking, but then he changed tack and handed him the box and announcing his promotion! Lek beamed with gratitude and calmly attached the half pip to his uniform with pride.

"Thank you Sir! I... Thank you! I am deeply honored. Since you brought up the Rules of Acquisition, would you like me to start with rule number 33 now or later?"
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Martin Jackson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2017, 02:35:55 pm »
[Sickbay]

Lizzie's demeanor seemed to change a bit.  She seemed... lighter, somehow.  After a couple of minutes, Jackson handed Alys back to her.  "Thanks, Doctor.  If you need help with anything, I'm available whenever I'm off-duty."  Lizzie had nurses to help with anything she needed, but it couldn't hurt to have someone else on-call, right?  Then, Jackson turned lightly to leave. 

The break was great, and he loved the little baby, but it was about time for his daily workout, now that the holodeck was functioning properly again. 

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »
[Sickbay]

Lizzie's demeanor seemed to change a bit.  She seemed... lighter, somehow.  After a couple of minutes, Jackson handed Alys back to her.  "Thanks, Doctor.  If you need help with anything, I'm available whenever I'm off-duty."  Lizzie had nurses to help with anything she needed, but it couldn't hurt to have someone else on-call, right?  Then, Jackson turned lightly to leave. 

The break was great, and he loved the little baby, but it was about time for his daily workout, now that the holodeck was functioning properly again.

CMO's Office

Lizzie took Alys back from Martin and smiled.

"I'll remember that Mr Jackson." She replied softly as he went out the door.

Deciding there was no time like the present, she decided to try and reach her parents. Checking the chronometer, she figured it would be late afternoon in San Francisco, hopefully both her parents would be home. Though she could never tell with her Mother.

Still carrying the little girl, she sat behind her desk and activated her terminal.

=/\=Computer. Please establish a subspace link to my parents house in San Francisco.=/\=

=/\=Acknowledged.=/\= The Computer replied.

Several seconds later, her Father's face appeared on the screen. When he saw his eldest, he smiled.

"Lizziebear! It's good to see you." Alun Vaughan, a tall man with craggy outdoor features and hair that had once been brown but was now almost entirely grey, replied with feeling.

"Hi Da. Is Mum around, I need to talk to you both."

"She's just got in. I'll get her." He replied before turning away.  "Mary, Lizzie's on the com!" He called out.

Seconds later, the screen split in two as her Mum opened the link in her study.

"Lizzie darling, we've missed you. Not that it's not nice to hear from you, but you rarely call us.
 What's the matter?" Mary Vaughan, who was the spitting image of her Daughter and whose Red hair had not yet dulled, asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing is the matter Mum." Lizzie replied. "It's just I have some news for you." Lizzie paused, not quite sure how to say this.

"Well don't leave us on tender-hooks Lizziebear!" Alun said, easily recognising when Lizzie had something important to say but was not sure how to say it.

"I want you to meet someone." She said, after another pause.

With that she lifted Alys up so her parents could see her.

"She's beautiful." Mary said, immedately guessing why her independent eldest Daughter would take the time to call them and introduce them, to what her experienced eyes told her, was a newborn baby.

"Indeed, very attractive." Alun added. "Though she's not pure Cardassian is she? I would say she is probably only half Cardassian and probably half Bajoran if the nose ridges are anything to go by!" Alun remarked.

Lizzie giggled at this.

"Trust you Da! You always could tell peoples ancestry just by looking at them."  She replied, knowing her father was considered a genius at anthropological identification.

"What's her name?" Mary asked softly.

"I've called her Alys. Her Cardassian Mother abandoned her shortly after giving birth and both the Cardassian and Bajoran governments have refused to accept responsibility. She's in my care for the moment." She added.

"For the moment?" Alun raised an eyebrow. "I sincerely doubt that you called us up if this was only a temporary situation Lizziebear!" He finished.

"And you have given her your Grandmothers name. You always said you would name your first Daughter after her." Mary added, smiling at her daughter.

"It seemed to fit. She was all alone almost from birth and Nana did so love taking care of those who needed it! Lizzie said, getting a little teary.

"Indeed she did." Mary replied. "Well I can't think of a better name for the newest addition to our family. When will you be bringing her some so the whole family can meet her?"

"I've got some leave coming up soon. I'll let you know the dates and we can try and get the tribe back together."

"Good. Now make sure you call your Sisters and eldest Brother. No need to call Jimmy as he is staying here at the moment. We'll tell him when he get's home." Alun said.

Lizzie raised her eyebrow at this. Her baby brother James always seemed to be leeching off their parents and unlike with her and her other siblings, her parents seemed to allow it.

"Ok Da. I'll give them a call. Mum, do you still have the christening robe?" She asked.

"Of course." Mary replied indignantly. "Thirteen generations of our family have worn that robe, this little girl will make fourteen. I'll get it out and send it priority to you. Should be with you in a week or so."

"Thanks Mum. I'll let you know when the Christening is so we can set up a link if you want."

"That would be lovely Darling!" Mary replied. "Now I'm sure you have lots to do so we won't keep you.

"Bye Mum. Bye Da. I'll see you soon." She replied.

"Goodbye Lizziebear. Take care of that little girl." Alun said, getting a little weepy himself.

"I will Da."

"Goodbye Darling. And dong forget to send us lots of pictures." Mary said, trying her best not to sniffle.

The channel closed and Lizzie smiled while drying her eyes. She then looked down at Alys.

"Well it looks like you are a hit with Nana and Grandda." She said smiling at the little girl. "Now lets see if we can get hold of your Auntie Gwen." She said, activating the terminal again.

=/\=Computer. Please establish a subspace link to the Terran Embassy on Andoria. For the attention of Gwen Vaughan.=/\=

=/\=Acknowledged.=/\= The Computer responded.

A short while later the screen came to life and a tall young woman with brown eyes and matching shoulder length hair, appeared.

"Lizzie?" The woman asked.

"Hi Gwennie. Sorry to disturb you at work, But I have something I need to tell you." Lizzie said to her eldest Sister.

"No problem. Besides, you have to be busy to be disturbed. It's really quiet at the moment. So what is it?" Gwen asked, knowing her elder Sister would not be calling for just a chat.

"I want you to meet someone." She said, holding up Alys so her Sister could see her.

"Aw, she's so precious. What's the occasion?" Gwen asked directly.

"She was abandoned at birth so I have decided to adopt her." Lizzie replied.

"I'm gonna be an Auntie?" Gwen squealed.

"Yes you are. Gwen, meet Alys. Alys, this is your Auntie Gwen."

"You named her after Nana?" Gwen remarked, cooing at the baby.

"Yes I did. It seemed appropriate. I'll hopefully be coming home in a few weeks ad you'll be able to meet her properly."

"Great! Let me know when and I'll get some time to join you." Gwen replied as a door chime sounded. "Got to go. See you soon hopefully." Gwen replied.

"Bye Gwen." Lizzie said just before the channel closed.

"So you've conquered Gwen. How would you like to try someone who will be harder to please?" She asked.

Alys gurgled back at her and Lizzie activated the terminal again.

=/\=Computer, establish a link to the Federation Archaeological Survey and get the current location of my Brother, David Vaughan.=/\=

=/\=Acknowledged.=/\= The computer replied. Several seconds later it beeped. =/\=David Vaughan is currently on assignment to the Caitian system. He is investigating ruins on the 4th planet.=/\=

=/\=Please send him a message asking him to call me when he has a chance=/\=

=/\=Acknowledged.=/\= The computer replied.

=/\=Computer, please get a message to MIT for my Sister Emily to call me back whenever she is done with whatever theory she is working on at the moment.=/\=

=/\=Acknowleged.=/\= The computer replied again.

Lizzie closed the terminal down, got up and went over to the replicator.

"One bottle of newborn formula at 20 degrees and a mug of iced tea, peach flavour at 8 degrees." She announced.

The replicator beeped and the the bottle and Mug appeared.

Moving both to her desk, Lizzie sat down again.

She had just taken a drink when the com-channel beeped.

=/\=Ops to Vaughan. We have a private message coming through for you from the Caitian system.=/\=

=/\= Vaughan to Ops. Please patch it through to the terminal in my office.=/\=

=/\=Will do Doctor. Ops out!=/\=

Lizzie activated her terminal and seconds later, her brothers face appeared.

"Hi Lizzie, I got a message you were trying to get hold of me" He asked, his green eyes and red hair almost identical to his Sisters, though he was a good foot and an half taller standing almost 7 foot tall.

"Hi Davie. Thank you for calling me back. I wanted to introduce you to someone." Lizzie said, raising Alys so her Brother could see.

"Yeah, it's a baby! So what?" He asked in his usual short manner.

"Well this is your new Niece. Alys Vaughan." Lizzie replied, not taking her Brothers' lack of manners personally. He got on better being on his own, this made him a great field archaeologist, but destined never to become more.

"Niece Huh?" He replied. "Figures you would not wait to get married!" He added.

Lizzie tried not to frown, but it seemed like her Brother would never let it rest.

"Well I thought you should know." Lizzie replied. "I'm going to try and make it back to Mum and Da's in a few weeks. You should try and be there."

"I'll try. I'm due to be here for another month, but after that I'm returning to Earth for a bit. If you're still there when I arrive, I'll pop by and say hello." He replied, his attention already waning.

"Alright Davie, I'll let you get back to it. See you soon."

"Bye Lizzie." He replied.

The channel closed abruptly. Lizzie turned to her Daughter.

"Well we'll have a better chance when we see him. Don't mind his manners, he's not bad really." She said to Alys before picking up the bottle and begging to feed her.

The terminal beeped again and a message popped up.

Lizzie

Can't speak at the moment as I'm trying to prove the Riemann hypothesis for a bet. Message me back if you need anything in particular.

Emmy

Lizzie shook her head slightly. Only her mathematically genius Sister would try and solve a supposedly unsolvable maths problem for a bet. Then again, she had solved P versus NP before she was 21 and that was for a bet too.

Lizzie e looked at Alys and smiled again.

"What are we going to do with her?" She asked Alys. "Let's record a message for her. So when she gets out of the cloud she is living on, she will have the good news too." She added, taking the bottle that Alys was not drinking from and standing up.

=/\=Computer begin audio visual recording.=/\=

The terminal beeped, indicating the recording had begun.

"Hi Emmy, it's your Sister and I have some news for you. I've adopted a little girl." She paused and showed Alys to the device. "I'm hopefully coming to Earth in a few weeks so you can meet her in person. Her name is Alys and I'll send you some pictures when I get some taken. I'll hopefully see you soon and good luck with Riemann. Bye."

Lizzie stopped the recording and sent it as a reply to the one her Sister sent her.

Once it was done, she leaned back in her chair and took a drink.

=/\=Computer play 'Peter and the Wolf' low volume.=/\= She announced.

Soon the sounds of the famous children's piece came softly through the speakers. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to relax a bit.

In Memorium.

Offline Lawrence Klaustrin

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 06:41:13 pm »
"Sec-Tac. I used to work on a cargo ship, made the runs out to Vega and beyond. Decided to join up, go to Mars. Challenger is my first posting."

Rhymus excused himself long enough to refresh the bottle of Synthehol and acquire two glasses. He filled the two and took one himself, offering the other to the new member.

He raised the glass, "To new adventures, may we make fine tales and finer friends."

[Lounge]

It was a fair toast, he supposed, and raised his glass in agreement. Lawrence had to admit, that through all the confusion and frustration, he didn't regret the adventure. It was maybe the one thing he liked about Starfleet. It was made for people who kept moving. He would have always ended up leaving Dee, it was just under bad circumstances.

He had yet to experience the friends part, though. He knew nothing about the man across from him, but it was a start. After the toast, he only took a small sip before sitting the glass back down. Synthehol tasted terrible, in his opinion, but a little bit might help him feel better.

"Thanks. The old adventures were starting to get boring, you know? I haven't been shot at enough."

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 07:21:12 am »
[Ready Room]

Lek's heart and face fell as the Captain recounted the events with the Karnat, felt there were some extenuating circumstances that the captain was overlooking, but then he changed tack and handed him the box and announcing his promotion! Lek beamed with gratitude and calmly attached the half pip to his uniform with pride.

"Thank you Sir! I... Thank you! I am deeply honored. Since you brought up the Rules of Acquisition, would you like me to start with rule number 33 now or later?"

[Ready Room]

Dylan smiled at the Lieutenant. "That won't be necessary," he said, as he returned to the stack of PADD's on his desk. "Unless there's anything further, Dismissed." he said, returning to work. He sorted through the crew roster and new transfers, hoping to get everything in order.

=/\=Commander Jyur, set us a course toward the Badlands- orders are to run a patrol there. Warp two should be sufficient.=/\= he said, as he looked on.

=/\= Lieutenant Mackenzie, we will be approaching the badlands shortly, please make sure the shields are ready.=/\=

=/\=Crewman Cleroux! Report to my ready room.=/\=
Shadow Fleet

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 11:06:31 am »
[Ready Room]

Dylan smiled at the Lieutenant. "That won't be necessary," he said, as he returned to the stack of PADD's on his desk. "Unless there's anything further, Dismissed." he said, returning to work. He sorted through the crew roster and new transfers, hoping to get everything in order.

[Ready Room]

Lek braced into the position of attention as he replied.

"Aye Sir! Thank you again Sir!"

As he left the captain's ready room, the smile that had faded when he'd been summoned returned, but managed to get even bigger. He strode with confidence into the turbolift and returned to engineering.

Lek checked on the crewman that was monitoring deuterium flow and found that the impulse engines were operating normally. He then went to the warp drive's monitoring station and sighed in contentment.

"And I thought the time on the station was good."
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:12 am »
[Lounge]

It was a fair toast, he supposed, and raised his glass in agreement. Lawrence had to admit, that through all the confusion and frustration, he didn't regret the adventure. It was maybe the one thing he liked about Starfleet. It was made for people who kept moving. He would have always ended up leaving Dee, it was just under bad circumstances.

He had yet to experience the friends part, though. He knew nothing about the man across from him, but it was a start. After the toast, he only took a small sip before sitting the glass back down. Synthehol tasted terrible, in his opinion, but a little bit might help him feel better.

"Thanks. The old adventures were starting to get boring, you know? I haven't been shot at enough."

"If you think that, you joined the wrong department."

=/\=Crewman Cleroux! Report to my ready room.=/\=

=/\= "On my way, Captain. Cleroux out." =/\=

Rhymus turned back to the man. "When the Captain calls, the crew answers. Be seeing you, Klaustrin. Good luck." He gave the man a friendly pat on arm before departing the lounge for the nearest turbolift.

[Deck 01 - Bridge]

Rhymus passed by the Bridge, taking a moment to glance at the Tactical console, before heading to the Ready Room. He chimed the door, waiting outside for a response.

Online Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »
[Ready Room]

"Enter." Dylan called, as the doors hissed open to admit the man. Once he entered, Dylan stood. The ship needed to get under way, so he spoke directly and to-the-point. "You're out of uniform, Petty Officer." he stated, his face impassive, as he stood and handed the man another black box, containing the new neckboard for a Petty Officer, 3rd Class.

"Congratulations."

[TIME SKIP- Two Days Later- 0345 Hours, Ship Time]
[Captain's Quarters]

Dylan was out cold in his null-grav sleeping arrangements. It was Gamma shift and the ship was simply streaming through warp, on patrol, mostly automated. All was well, all was quiet.

[Bridge]

All was quiet on the Bridge. The ambiance was quiet, the crew was asleep for the most part, and the coffee flowed freely. For some, it was their preferred shift. For others, their mandatory training hours, or even some others took the shift because they had drawn the literal short straw of the bundle stashed above the aux science station's lighting array, which the senior officers knew nothing about. Officially.

The ship had been going fine when the sound of shearing metal and high pitched nail-on-chalkboard sounds began resounding, as the ship was knocked straight out of warp speed and into realspace. The alarms on the Bridge and all over began to glow red, as the ship automatically went to alert. The engines showed full thrust, and everything said they should be off, but for some reason, the ship couldn't move.

Just then, the turbolift doors swung open and T'Kaac, the new counselor, rushed onto the bridge, blood dripping from his nose as he screamed in a barely coherent, emotionally uncontrolled voice, "They're here! They're coming! It's them!" before collapsing, falling over a railing and laying still after striking his head.

The red alert would wake the rest of the ship from their slumber, as the duty officer quickly looked over her roster of shifts. =/\=Medical!=/\= she called into her commbadge, =/\=Medical Emergency on the Bridge. Command Staff to the Bridge.=/\=

Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles