Author Topic: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!  (Read 24902 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 06:36:19 pm »
[Bridge] 

Nevir took a glance around, almost a perfect mix of new and old faces, and that was just on the bridge.  He nodded, until it was time for the Admiral to call him.

"Aye, sir." he said, following him into the Ready Room.

[Ready Room]

He stood at attention, waiting for the doors to close.  His mind already told everything.. he was confused, concerned, maybe even a bit worried, and he was not expecting to serve under the Admiral of all people.  Still, if he didn't try to break the ice, he would lose it,

"I assume you read the reports from the other admirals?"

[Bridge -> Ready Room]

Kirok offered a nod of response to both Wu, Garrison, and Dr. Riverbank as he passed.  Both were able bodied officers.  He was certain they could handle things until he returned.

Once inside the room, Kirok sat down behind the desk.  "At ease, Mr. Tekin.  Please sit.  But, no, I have yet to read the report.  We can get to that in a moment, if you like" Kirok said.

He tugged down on his shirt before continuing.  "I believe it is safe to say the Captain Brigg will not be returning to duty for a long while, if ever again.  That is unfortunate.  I found him to be a competent officer and a good friend" he said.

"But it is fortunate that you have decided to stay on as the XO.  It will make the transition go more smoothly, I'm sure.  Continuity is important during such times" he added.

"The new ship will be a challenge to get adjusted too.  And my style might be different than Captain Briggs.  But I am sure over time that we will learn to work well together, as I have with my other XOs" Kirok said.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:47:13 pm by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 06:45:02 pm »
[Bridge]

The male Medical Doctor had lifted his hands to the side to show he was freely open to the order from the Admiral. He dipped his chin. "As you ordered, Admiral," he replied. His smile grew like a Cheshire Cat which had something hidden under its paw.

Not complete sure why the commander officer had wanted him stay put on the bridge, but he had decided to do so. He had his ears open to hear everything which was going on the bridge. It was best he would go to where the science station was. It would align with medical and biology.  He even had some expertise with science.

The other thing he had noticed that the Discovery had all lot of Bajorians on her. There was at least a Cardasian(NPC) member. Possible

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" EQ said to the Admiral.  He started to make his way to the Operations duty station.  He noticed Riverbank.

"The Admiral tends to ask Doctors to stay on the Bridge" he said to the man quietly.  "I'm not sure why, but I've seen him ask others to do it" he said with a light shrug.  "If you like I can route life support and environmental over to you" he offered.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 06:50:58 pm »

[Bridge -> Ready Room]

Kirok offered a nod of response to both Wu and Garrison as he passed.  Both were able bodied officers.  He was certain they could handle things until he returned.

Once inside the room, Kirok sat down behind the desk.  "At ease, Mr. Tekin.  Please sit.  But, no, I have yet to read the report.  We can get to that in a moment, if you like" Kirok said.

He tugged down on his shirt before continuing.  "I believe it is safe to say the Captain Brigg will not be returning to duty for a long while, if ever again.  That is unfortunate.  I found him to be a competent officer and a good friend" he said.

"But it is fortunate that you have decided to stay on as the XO.  It will make the transition go more smoothly, I'm sure.  Continuity is important during such times" he added.

"The new ship will be a challenge to get adjusted too.  And my style might be different than Captain Briggs.  But I am sure over time that we will learn to work well together, as I have with my other XOs" Kirok said.

[Ready Room]

Nevir was completely taken by surprise... Kirok didn't even read the report?  He sat silent as he gave a standard comment on transition... but Nevir knew that.  What he didn't know was why he was there.

"Sir... Admiral..." he said, trying to find the words. 

"When Captain Briggs left, your arrival on the Discovery was to observe me to see about a replacement for him.  The brass didn't bother to really hide that fact.  You even told me you were just there to observe and see how I did.  And that mission was a disaster.  Last I heard, the Admiralty board was trying to decide if a demotion or worst was in store for me.  I followed those transfer orders because I was told to report to you, and I assumed it was for something else. Frankly sir,"  Nevir took a deep breath.

"Not many XOs end up losing a ship, a station, and a species and still get to stay within command.  I would have thought you would want someone who was on track for command."

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" EQ said to the Admiral.  He started to make his way to the Operations duty station.  He noticed Riverbank.

"The Admiral tends to ask Doctors to stay on the Bridge" he said to the man quietly.  "I'm not sure why, but I've seen him ask others to do it" he said with a light shrug.  "If you like I can route life support and environmental over to you" he offered.

[Bridge]

The Liberated Borg was informative on the Admiral's habits to the Vorta. "Ah, Thank you, Mister Kimball," he replied. It had made sense now. Each commander officer of Starfleet had their own way of how run a ship. They were not like the Vulcans, Klingons or Jem'Hadar.

There was a time when the Alpha Jem'Hadar took their own command on their ways. By breaking the tradition of the Demlion way. It had cause butting head between two breeds.

When Wu over looked him. The Vorta had not noticed because his poor eyes sight. He had not the eye sight to the eyes of the Captain of the chair. Even he had seen this action, it would be fine. He had not cared. Because he was after all Vorta. A chosen race which the Founders had chosen to make immortal and servants their kind.

"You are one of the most thoughtful officers I had served with," he shared. That was butter on bread. Complimenting those who help will he,o to build a relationship of friends. By the Founders, he could have some support. There was much work to be held here on this path he had decided to go on. He was very mystery to those around him, because he was fresh in Star Fleet on this side. He was one of the good guys.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:36:23 pm by Demlion Riverbank V »

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Death isn't a joke, but life is.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 08:20:44 pm »
"Of course, Mr. Tekin.  I'm just about to start the meeting.  Have you seen Ms. Reyes?" he replied.

[Chief of Operations Office]

Kali had sat on her new office chair for the first half hour of her shift nursing a headache. In-between the dull pain of the last seize until another started, she would occasionally sign off on paperwork or inhale her coffee like her life depended on it. Everything throbbed because Kali refused to emotionally process an entire planet wiped out before her eyes, so now her body is making her pay for it.

This is what happens when they put her in any seat of authority. Those words were a sharp lash in her head, making her wince through three nights of insomnia without a wink of sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, a Trallis dissolved like acid, their screams short lived because the virus actively ate away the vocal cords.

New ship, same terror. Kali's vision blurred as she tried to make sense of the new maintenance roster, her teeth ground together in frustration. She prayed to God no one on the bridge had need of her. For once, she just wanted to do her job and oversee the banal, day-to-day routine of this new bleeding ship. But it wasn't long before Yeoman Svel came for her, and she was due for a quick checkup on the bridge.

She startled the poor bastard by slamming her palms on her desk and wordlessly headed for the hallway.

[Bridge]

Kirok was in the middle of his speech or some other when the turbolift doors noiselessly swished open (the perks of a new ship). Kali silently kept to the back, her headache now replaced with an unpleasant sensation of something crawling in her belly. He spoke of a new adventure, but Kali kept hearing the screams of a pre-warp civilization crying out for death.

She couldn't even muster a smile being reunited with Alex Wu again, her former XO. Instead, she simply approached her second on the operations console, leaned down to whisper his temporary promotion to the bridge, and began to stab at the turbolift button for it to hurry the hell up, her brow furrowed and posture as stiff as the bulkheads.

Another adventure. God help her.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:48:23 pm by Kali Reyes »

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:09 pm »
[Ready Room]

Nevir was completely taken by surprise... Kirok didn't even read the report?  He sat silent as he gave a standard comment on transition... but Nevir knew that.  What he didn't know was why he was there.

"Sir... Admiral..." he said, trying to find the words. 

"When Captain Briggs left, your arrival on the Discovery was to observe me to see about a replacement for him.  The brass didn't bother to really hide that fact.  You even told me you were just there to observe and see how I did.  And that mission was a disaster.  Last I heard, the Admiralty board was trying to decide if a demotion or worst was in store for me.  I followed those transfer orders because I was told to report to you, and I assumed it was for something else. Frankly sir,"  Nevir took a deep breath.

"Not many XOs end up losing a ship, a station, and a species and still get to stay within command.  I would have thought you would want someone who was on track for command."

[Ready Room]

Kirok's left eyebrow arched slowly.  "Mr. Tekin, I think you are mistaken.  Your position as XO of the Discovery was never in question.  In fact, you are singularly the best qualified person for this position" Kirok replied sincerely.

"And with Captain Briggs no longer available, I think the crew needs you now more than ever.  Especially when it comes to their promotions.  And assignments to department heads" he added.

Then he fell quiet for a moment.  Trying to divine what was troubling the man.  Then it occurred to the half Vulcan.

"I can see how you might be feeling guilty about the last mission.  All people make mistakes, but the true measure of a man is how he responds to stress, grief, and disappointment.  If Captain Briggs were here I believe he would tell you to get back on an odd-toed ungulate mammal belonging to the Equidae family and that is what I am inviting you to do right now" Kirok said encouragingly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:46:35 pm by Kirok »

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 02:13:49 am »
[Bridge]

Kirok was in the middle of his speech or some other when the turbolift doors noiselessly swished open (the perks of a new ship). Kali silently kept to the back, her headache now replaced with an unpleasant sensation of something crawling in her belly. He spoke of a new adventure, but Kali kept hearing the screams of a pre-warp civilization crying out for death.

She couldn't even muster a smile being reunited with Alex Wu again, her former XO. Instead, she simply approached her second on the operations console, leaned down to whisper his temporary promotion to the bridge, and began to stab at the turbolift button for it to hurry the hell up, her brow furrowed and posture as stiff as the bulkheads.

[Bridge]

With his part done for the moment, Alex happened to glance back towards the turbolifts, his eyes widening momentarily at the site of Kali. When did she get here, and how hadn't I noticed? He wasn't sure what surprised him more, the fact that she was leaving so soon after arriving, or her gaunt appearance. A little alarm which had been buzzing in the back of his mind ever since he had seen Tekin began to blare. What on earth happened to them? The Tekin he knew was confident on the verge of brash, generally exuding competence. Kali had once challenged him to a game of pool by publicly calling him out, and cheerily proceeded to win effortlessly. And that was when she was just a crewman. Alex barely recognized the two officers now, and he turned away, troubled by their demeanor.

Knowing the last thing Kali needed was to be confronted on the bridge, Alex pulled out his PADD and sent a single-word private memo to her office workstation.

=/\=Reciepient: SCPO Reyes, Kali
Sender: LtCmdr Wu, Alexander
=/\=

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 03:55:38 am »
[Bridge]

Awen watched the others on the bridge scurrying about; going to their stations or talking with some of the others. A woman in services gold was getting into the turbolift, but the Bajoran hadn't caught enough of a glimpse of her to know who she was. She waited as her department head pondered her questions, then listened to her response.

Kinley pondered a bit at the question. "Hm..., I've never exactly thought about how I lead the team. I guess I'm pretty chill with things. Just do your job well, and stay safe. And if you do something cool, then let me know so I can see it too ." Kinley grinned. "I usually am up manning the scanners, but with this new ship, I wouldn't mind some help up here." She said, as she leaned over on one of the stations. "McCullogh is a great guy and all, but he'd rather lurk in the Labs and do chemistry rather than be on the bridge. I'm not complaining. I'm not a chemist, for certain."

Awen nodded thoughtfully as Kinley responded. "Of course, ma'am. I'm sure everyone tries to do their best, or so I would assume. I do sometimes come across rather intriguing phenomena with my specialties being particles and spatial anomalies, but I do have experience in other areas as well. If I find anything of interest I'll be sure to make you aware." Considering their mission, she hoped to find quite a few intriguing phenomena, actually.

Although she didn't show it visibly, the Bajoran was a little surprised that she was wanted on the bridge. Awen was older than most fresh Academy graduates and had had a little time on Outpost 327 in addition to her time with the Militia, but this was her first time serving on a Federation starship itself. Regardless, it was an excellent opportunity and would give her a chance to show her skills.

"I would be glad to assist you on the bridge," Awen replied sincerely. Her eyes moved around the room slowly and noticed the Vorta at the secondary science station. "It seems the other science console is already occupied... I can use one of the auxiliary consoles instead and just bring up the necessary information. Is there anything in particular you would like me to handle?"

As she awaited Kinley's reply, Awen made her way over to the auxiliary station closest to the main science console and slid her finger across the screen to bring up the control menu. From there she could customize the station to suit her needs.

Looking up at the Chief Science Officer, Awen debated asking a question. Normally she preferred to mostly remain quiet and simply observe others to get a better feel for them before engaging them in unnecessary conversation. However, Kinley seemed to be an outgoing...almost peppy person who might enjoy casual conversation. And she was extremely curious about the other Science facilities. Finally she gave in and asked, "Have you had a chance to see the other Science facilities on board, ma'am?"

OFF: Tag Kinley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:32:58 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 01:18:16 pm »
[Bridge]

Awen watched the others on the bridge scurrying about; going to their stations or talking with some of the others. A woman in services gold was getting into the turbolift, but the Bajoran hadn't caught enough of a glimpse of her to know who she was. She waited as her department head pondered her questions, then listened to her response.

Awen nodded thoughtfully as Kinley responded. "Of course, ma'am. I'm sure everyone tries to do their best, or so I would assume. I do sometimes come across rather intriguing phenomena with my specialties being particles and spatial anomalies, but I do have experience in other areas as well. If I find anything of interest I'll be sure to make you aware." Considering their mission, she hoped to find quite a few intriguing phenomena, actually.

Although she didn't show it visibly, the Bajoran was a little surprised that she was wanted on the bridge. Awen was older than most fresh Academy graduates and had had a little time on Outpost 327 in addition to her time with the Militia, but this was her first time serving on a Federation starship itself. Regardless, it was an excellent opportunity and would give her a chance to show her skills.

"I would be glad to assist you on the bridge," Awen replied sincerely. Her eyes moved around the room slowly and noticed the Vorta at the secondary science station. "It seems the other science console is already occupied... I can use one of the auxiliary consoles instead and just bring up the necessary information. Is there anything in particular you would like me to handle?"

As she awaited Kinley's reply, Awen made her way over to the auxiliary station closest to the main science console and slid her finger across the screen to bring up the control menu. From there she could customize the station to suit her needs.

Looking up at the Chief Science Officer, Awen debated asking a question. Normally she preferred to mostly remain quiet and simply observe others to get a better feel for them before engaging them in unnecessary conversation. However, Kinley seemed to be an outgoing...almost peppy person who might enjoy casual conversation. And she was extremely curious about the other Science facilities. Finally she gave in and asked, "Have you had a chance to see the other Science facilities on board, ma'am?"

[Bridge]

Kinley's mind began wandering back to the fateful moments when the blue cloud engulfed the Defense Minister and disintegrated him into little more than dust right in front of her eyes. His screaming kept ringing in her ears. Over and over again, each scream seeming to suddenly go silent as he turned into dust. All because of her.

Awen asked her another question, startling Kinley back to reality. "Oh- Yeah!" She said, remembering she was still in a conversation with Awen. " Yeah, I've seen it. It's not bad, top of the line, actually, though all the equipment is in the wrong places from the original Disco. I'm going to have to fix that when I get a chance."
 "If you could work with Dr. Demlion here and warm up our long range sensors before the launch, that'll be great. Thanks." She said as she excused herself.

She saw Kali head out of the bridge, looking rather the worse for wear since Kinley last saw her. Catching up, Kinley asked. "Hey Kali. You ok?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:33:38 pm by Kinley Garrison »
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 03:55:03 pm »

[Ready Room]

Kirok's left eyebrow arched slowly.  "Mr. Tekin, I think you are mistaken.  Your position as XO of the Discovery was never in question.  In fact, you are singularly the best qualified person for this position" Kirok replied sincerely.

"And with Captain Briggs no longer available, I think the crew needs you now more than ever.  Especially when it comes to their promotions.  And assignments to department heads" he added.

Then he fell quiet for a moment.  Trying to divine what was troubling the man.  Then it occurred to the half Vulcan.

"I can see how you might be feeling guilty about the last mission.  All people make mistakes, but the true measure of a man is how he responds to stress, grief, and disappointment.  If Captain Briggs were here I believe he would tell you to get back on an odd-toed ungulate mammal belonging to the Equidae family and that is what I am inviting you to do right now" Kirok said encouragingly.

[Ready Room]

Nevir sat back, allowing himself to loosen up a bit.  The admiral was right, of course, but sometimes... the individual was the harshest critic. 

"I found a PADD in the ready room on the Discovery.  Kyle was about to recommend my own command.  I just felt like I failed him.  But then... you're right." he said, turning towards where the bridge was.

"These are my people.  Most of them, anyways.  I personally put Garrison where she is today.  And Kali... she was practically a surrogate for Ruthie.  I trust the senior staff with my life."

Nevir turned back towards the Admiral.  "I can't abandon my crew.. my family.  Of course I accept the position.  I'm probably not ready yet to command solo... but I will be.  Thank you, sir." he said, nodding.

A smile crept on his face, looking around the room.  "Multi-vector assault?  I thought this was rumor... but it's real.  And we're in it.  Do we have MAV plan?  How do we divide the crew?  And do we need a drill?"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »
[Ready Room]

Nevir sat back, allowing himself to loosen up a bit.  The admiral was right, of course, but sometimes... the individual was the harshest critic. 

"I found a PADD in the ready room on the Discovery.  Kyle was about to recommend my own command.  I just felt like I failed him.  But then... you're right." he said, turning towards where the bridge was.

"These are my people.  Most of them, anyways.  I personally put Garrison where she is today.  And Kali... she was practically a surrogate for Ruthie.  I trust the senior staff with my life."

Nevir turned back towards the Admiral.  "I can't abandon my crew.. my family.  Of course I accept the position.  I'm probably not ready yet to command solo... but I will be.  Thank you, sir." he said, nodding.

A smile crept on his face, looking around the room.  "Multi-vector assault?  I thought this was rumor... but it's real.  And we're in it.  Do we have MAV plan?  How do we divide the crew?  And do we need a drill?"

[Ready Room]

Kirok's left eyebrow relaxed as his right eyebrow began to arch.  He literally felt the man go from feelings to guilt, to pride, to excitement.  It was quite a whirlwind of emotions to witness, but Kirok maintained his composure.

"I find it acceptable that we are in agreement.  And you are correct, without your direct effect on the crew many of them might not be where they are today.  I anticipate that you have a likewise positive effect on our new shipmates.  Especially the Bajorans" Kirok said.

He stood when Nevir stood.  "Yes it does have the multi vector attack function.  I was hoping that you would take on the task of creating a plan and dividing the crew.  And possibly even running drills, if that is something you might be interested in doing, that is?" the half Vulcan prompted.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2017, 05:26:15 pm »
[Bridge]

Kinley's mind began wandering back to the fateful moments when the blue cloud engulfed the Defense Minister and disintegrated him into little more than dust right in front of her eyes. His screaming kept ringing in her ears. Over and over again, each scream seeming to suddenly go silent as he turned into dust. All because of her.

Awen asked her another question, startling Kinley back to reality. "Oh- Yeah!" She said, remembering she was still in a conversation with Awen. " Yeah, I've seen it. It's not bad, top of the line, actually, though all the equipment is in the wrong places from the original Disco. I'm going to have to fix that when I get a chance."
 "If you could work with Dr. Demlion here and warm up our long range sensors before the launch, that'll be great. Thanks." She said as she excused herself.

She saw Kali head out of the bridge, looking rather the worse for wear since Kinley last saw her. Catching up, Kinley asked. "Hey Kali. You ok?"

The Vorta turned his head toward Kinley. "Yes, Commander," he replied.

His movement was like a sneaky snake as he turned his attention to the Bajorian. A smile grew on his face making him look like a demon. His eyes twinkled with delight. Who knows it could be taken as friendly or a cat that was about pounce its prey.

"Ensign, I am excited to be working with you," he purred in his voice. His bright eyes looked at the console. Then he piped up with a child like voice. "Would you help me improve my skills in long distance sensors. Much can be learned," he said. It was a suggestion with a compliment. He figured she had a hatred against him cause he race. But he had not said it. To play friendly with her was a way. Best not to bring up pain.

Yes. His past processors had done wrong things. Yes. He had memories like a Trill with its symbiont. Was he not wearing a Starfleet uniform? He was going to do his job. As a Vorta he was blessed. If this bajorian is blind to see it. So be it. Her people's faith in the prophets was silly as Earth believe in that Jesus Christ is God, and the Holy Spirit and God was all in one. It was silly. Only the Founders were true Gods. It was the way it was. It was. And will always be.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:35:37 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 06:18:50 pm »
[Bridge]

The Liberated Borg was informative on the Admiral's habits to the Vorta. "Ah, Thank you, Mister Kimball," he replied. It had made sense now. Each commander officer of Starfleet had their own way of how run a ship. They were not like the Vulcans, Klingons or Jem'Hadar.

There was a time when the Alpha Jem'Hadar took their own command on their ways. By breaking the tradition of the Demlion way. It had cause butting head between two breeds.

When Wu over looked him. The Vorta had not noticed because his poor eyes sight. He had not the eye sight to the eyes of the Captain of the chair. Even he had seen this action, it would be fine. He had not cared. Because he was after all Vorta. A chosen race which the Founders had chosen to make immortal and servants their kind.

"You are one of the most thoughtful officers I had served with," he shared. That was butter on bread. Complimenting those who help will he,o to build a relationship of friends. By the Founders, he could have some support. There was much work to be held here on this path he had decided to go on. He was very mystery to those around him, because he was fresh in Star Fleet on this side. He was one of the good guys.

[Bridge]

"No problem, Sir" EQ said.  "It's all about team work.  But I appreciate the compliment.  Maybe later we can catch up, have a meal or something" the Liberated Borg suggested.

He turned to head to the Ops duty station.  But before he did he noticed Ms. Reyes.  So he stopped in his tracks.

[Chief of Operations Office]

Kali had sat on her new office chair for the first half hour of her shift nursing a headache. In-between the dull pain of the last seize until another started, she would occasionally sign off on paperwork or inhale her coffee like her life depended on it. Everything throbbed because Kali refused to emotionally process an entire planet wiped out before her eyes, so now her body is making her pay for it.

This is what happens when they put her in any seat of authority. Those words were a sharp lash in her head, making her wince through three nights of insomnia without a wink of sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, a Trallis dissolved like acid, their screams short lived because the virus actively ate away the vocal cords.

New ship, same terror. Kali's vision blurred as she tried to make sense of the new maintenance roster, her teeth ground together in frustration. She prayed to God no one on the bridge had need of her. For once, she just wanted to do her job and oversee the banal, day-to-day routine of this new bleeding ship. But it wasn't long before Yeoman Svel came for her, and she was due for a quick checkup on the bridge.

She startled the poor bastard by slamming her palms on her desk and wordlessly headed for the hallway.

[Bridge]

"Chief.  I'ts good to see you again.  Looks like I'll be working under you for awhile" EQ said.

"Did you want to take the station?  I can head out if so.  Whatever you like" he added with a slight motion toward the duty station.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:22 pm »

[Ready Room]

Kirok's left eyebrow relaxed as his right eyebrow began to arch.  He literally felt the man go from feelings to guilt, to pride, to excitement.  It was quite a whirlwind of emotions to witness, but Kirok maintained his composure.

"I find it acceptable that we are in agreement.  And you are correct, without your direct effect on the crew many of them might not be where they are today.  I anticipate that you have a likewise positive effect on our new shipmates.  Especially the Bajorans" Kirok said.

He stood when Nevir stood.  "Yes it does have the multi vector attack function.  I was hoping that you would take on the task of creating a plan and dividing the crew.  And possibly even running drills, if that is something you might be interested in doing, that is?" the half Vulcan prompted.

[Ready Room]

"Aye sir.. I'll get started on one immediately.  Recommend we do a preliminary test of the MVA before we undertake our first mission.  In the meantime, if you would like, I can take her out." he ask, now back in attention.

Offline Tracha Arjay

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 09:46:05 pm »
[Bridge]

Alex frowned slightly at his mistake. For crying out loud. "My apologies yet again, Tracha." With the number of Bajorans onboard, he was going to owe alot of people drinks if he didn't get their names right soon. Although not directly instructed to do so, he stayed by the centre seat, though he didn't take it; that privilege would be for Tekin or Kirok. "Engineering, initiate a level 5 diagnostic on all key systems and report status. Ops, bring internal power online and detach the station umbilicus. Please contact station control and request a departure window within the next 15 minutes."

Glancing over at the science officers, he pointedly ignored the Vorta as it inched closer to the duo. There wasn't really much to do for the blue trades at this point, so Alex left them to their own devices; hopefully they would enjoy their front row seats. Turning his attention back to Arjay, he shook his head. "Stay in your seat, Tracha. Word of advice; never give up that spot unless you have to. Someday you might find yourself flying a desk, and speaking from personal experience, it's not quite as fun." He smiled, indicating an empty station along the bulkhead. "That's not to say I won't be hanging around. But I've launched my share of ships, this one's yours."

[Bridge]

Arjay sat back down at the man's insistence. A wide smile spread across her face. She settled into the chair and familiarized herself with the systems. While she had read up on the schematics, it was nothing like actually getting her hands on it and really feeling it for herself. Arjay was a tactile learner, she needed touch everything to before really getting a hang on it. While this had driven her mother crazy when she was a child, it had helped her immensely with her music and she hoped it would make her a better pilot.

The ship was just another, albeit larger, instrument and while it not make beautiful music it would with her help travel through space and enrichment many lives. She just needed the signal to begin.   

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles