Author Topic: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!  (Read 24900 times)

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2017, 12:22:51 pm »
[Bridge]

Alex shot an alarmed glance at Tekin, tensing visibly. Not only had he chosen officers who were relatively inexperienced for such a dangerous mission, he had included Kimball, who Alex feared would be more susceptible to re-assimilation, and that blasted Vorta. It wasn't that he would shed a tear if the thing met it's demise at the hands of the Borg, but Alex knew Vorta clones passed along memories from earlier iterations. He didn't relish the thought of the Federation's worst enemy getting their hands on Dominion secrets or information.

Deadset against letting Tekin risk the lives of four good crewmembers, Alex was still reluctant to oppose the XO publicly. He wouldn't have tolerated it himself in the past. The Vorta's smug illusions though finally triggered Alex's enmity. "The Jem'Hadar were controlled by the Founders and Dominion through chemical reliance and decades of genetic manipulation. What they wanted depended on if they received their ketracel white on time. The Vorta were the founders' dope peddlers, and more than one found out what happened when they ran out of white." He spat out disgustedly, acknowledging Riverbank directly for the first time since coming onboard.

Alex proceeded to give it a harsh education. "The Borg are singlemindedly set on assimilating anything or anyone they can use, regardless if it's to better themselves technologically or to gather raw resources for expansion. A drone doesn't care what you offer, and they don't negotiate. They take, without individual thought or consideration. They don't want anything, they're incapable of that emotion. And don't think for one second the Hive mind cares if a single drone, a hundred, a thousand drones, are destroyed. It will send wave over wave crashing over you until you're overwhelmed and utterly annihilated."

Scorning the Vorta's ignorant delusions about what it thought it knew, he stood next to Kali and volunteered his services as a thinly veiled method to join the team. Another misguided bid to spread the Federation's shining example, Alex thought bitterly. Our blood, and their damn glory. "Commander, if we're taking a shuttle to minimize the amount of time Discovery will be exposed, I'll be the one to fly your team down." He stated firmly. Hopefully with both of us, we can bring everyone home alive. Maybe minus one.

[Bridge]

The Bajoran turned to Wu.. not exactly a glare, more of trying to figure out what the angle was.  Wu was not only their best pilot, but also the Chief Flight Officer.  A senior officer.  If they got overwelmed, it was more than likely he would stay behind to make sure the other officers made it to the shuttle.  Er.. most of them.  But maybe that was the point.  He saw through Nevir's plan, he saw why he was naming himself the only senior officer on this mission, and his words showed that he was willing to face the Firecaves with him if only to secure the younger officers. 

He was silent for longer than he probably should have been, but then nodded.  "Alright... very well.  Ainsley, grab your officers and mount up.  McCullough, Kimball, report to the shuttle bay.  Wu, go ahead and prep the shuttle."

He then turned towards the doctor.  "While I appreciate your input, in the future you should be more mindful of how you address your officers.  You may be Vorta, but on this ship you are Starfleet, and Starfleet has protocols to address.  Grab your kit and meet us at the shuttlebay." he said, turning towards the Admiral. 

He waited for the officers to leave the bridge before addressing Kirok.  "Sir, we have to be ready for any inevitability.  If it gets way too hot, then I'd advise to put the ship before us.  I wouldn't want to walk the steps of the Temple knowing that my life cost the lives of the Discovery as well." he said, exhaling a breath and then turning towards the turbolift, taking it down to the shuttlebay.

[Main Shuttlebay]

He didn't want to just stand around waiting for his team to show up.  Instead, he walked into the shuttle, as it was being prepped.  Glacing towards the main pilot's seat, instead he took the second front seat, putting in his credentials and helping with prep.  He was silent, very silent, even with the others coming in around him.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2017, 01:03:13 pm »
[Bridge]

The Bajoran turned to Wu.. not exactly a glare, more of trying to figure out what the angle was.  Wu was not only their best pilot, but also the Chief Flight Officer.  A senior officer.  If they got overwelmed, it was more than likely he would stay behind to make sure the other officers made it to the shuttle.  Er.. most of them.  But maybe that was the point.  He saw through Nevir's plan, he saw why he was naming himself the only senior officer on this mission, and his words showed that he was willing to face the Firecaves with him if only to secure the younger officers. 

He was silent for longer than he probably should have been, but then nodded.  "Alright... very well.  Ainsley, grab your officers and mount up.  McCullough, Kimball, report to the shuttle bay.  Wu, go ahead and prep the shuttle."

[Main Shuttlebay]

He didn't want to just stand around waiting for his team to show up.  Instead, he walked into the shuttle, as it was being prepped.  Glacing towards the main pilot's seat, instead he took the second front seat, putting in his credentials and helping with prep.  He was silent, very silent, even with the others coming in around him.

[Bridge]

"Sir." Alex glanced at Tracha on his way to the turbolift, almost second guessing his decision to leave her with Discovery. At the end of the day though, she was competent enough, and she would have others to lean on if she needed advice or help. Giving her the briefest of nods, he followed Kali to the turbolift.

[Shuttlebay]

Although he had originally given orders to prepare a Type-9, the size of the away team and their mission risk had made Alex replace it with their lone Type-11 instead. A much larger and capable craft, he reckoned it might extend their survival by a few seconds, maybe just enough time to get away. Inspecting the exterior thoroughly, he glanced up as the bay doors opened and Tekin entered first, as he had expected.

Waiting for the Bajoran officer to board the shuttle, Alex finished his circle check and clambered onboard, hitting the ramp control on his way in and sealing the hatch. What he needed to talk to the XO about didn't need oversensitive ears overhearing. Sliding into the primary helm seat, the helmsman toggled primary power, glancing over his display instinctively as it flickered online accordingly. After a moment's silence, the interior filled with a low hum as their shuttle came to life around them. "What the hell are we doing here, Nevir?" Alex asked, breaching the tense subject abruptly. "Why are we risking our lives for the Borg?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »
[Bridge]

"Sir." Alex glanced at Tracha on his way to the turbolift, almost second guessing his decision to leave her with Discovery. At the end of the day though, she was competent enough, and she would have others to lean on if she needed advice or help. Giving her the briefest of nods, he followed Kali to the turbolift.

[Shuttlebay]

Although he had originally given orders to prepare a Type-9, the size of the away team and their mission risk had made Alex replace it with their lone Type-11 instead. A much larger and capable craft, he reckoned it might extend their survival by a few seconds, maybe just enough time to get away. Inspecting the exterior thoroughly, he glanced up as the bay doors opened and Tekin entered first, as he had expected.

Waiting for the Bajoran officer to board the shuttle, Alex finished his circle check and clambered onboard, hitting the ramp control on his way in and sealing the hatch. What he needed to talk to the XO about didn't need oversensitive ears overhearing. Sliding into the primary helm seat, the helmsman toggled primary power, glancing over his display instinctively as it flickered online accordingly. After a moment's silence, the interior filled with a low hum as their shuttle came to life around them. "What the hell are we doing here, Nevir?" Alex asked, breaching the tense subject abruptly. "Why are we risking our lives for the Borg?"

[Shuttlecraft]

He was in thought as Alex stepped in, and it wasn't until he heard the ramp close as the shuttle powered on that he took notice of the fact that it was just them on the ship.  And that's when the question came.  He knew it would be coming eventually, but to be honest, he was in the same boat as Alex.  Both figuratively and literally.

"I wish I knew, to be honest.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious." he said, shaking his head.  The doors were still closed, so what would be said in the shuttle would be private.

"I have served under the Admiral two times in my life, and the one thing I noted is that whereever he went, Mr. Kimball followed.  The Borg do not make people comfortable, thats just a plain fact for the Federation.  If he went through the unassimilation process like Seven of Nine, it would probably be better, but Kimball prefers his state, I think.  And because of that... I think Kirok is biased.  Regardless of whether he is aware of it or not." he said, checking to see where the rest of the team was. 

"We've served together before.  You know how I am.. the martyr.  I know that I might not be coming back.  That's why I avoided the senior staff.  The risk is high... so why are you here?  To make sure I don't give my life to save others?"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »
[Shuttlecraft]

He was in thought as Alex stepped in, and it wasn't until he heard the ramp close as the shuttle powered on that he took notice of the fact that it was just them on the ship.  And that's when the question came.  He knew it would be coming eventually, but to be honest, he was in the same boat as Alex.  Both figuratively and literally.

"I wish I knew, to be honest.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious." he said, shaking his head.  The doors were still closed, so what would be said in the shuttle would be private.

"I have served under the Admiral two times in my life, and the one thing I noted is that whereever he went, Mr. Kimball followed.  The Borg do not make people comfortable, thats just a plain fact for the Federation.  If he went through the unassimilation process like Seven of Nine, it would probably be better, but Kimball prefers his state, I think.  And because of that... I think Kirok is biased.  Regardless of whether he is aware of it or not." he said, checking to see where the rest of the team was. 

"We've served together before.  You know how I am.. the martyr.  I know that I might not be coming back.  That's why I avoided the senior staff.  The risk is high... so why are you here?  To make sure I don't give my life to save others?"

[Shuttlecraft]

Alex chuckled mirthlessly. "Last time I was on the same ship as Kirok, Kimball wasn't around yet. If there's anything that can describe our master and commander, it's that he's always been a hopeful idealist. A strange attribute for Vulcans." He keyed the automatic preflight check, keeping an eye on each individual system as the shuttle's computer raced through them. "He's been luckily fortunate, for his sake and for his crews...usually."

"As for why I came..." Alex glanced up as the exterior bay doors slid open silently, death held back only by a shimmering forcefield, "I've been exactly where you are now. No leader will let his subordinates do what he is unwilling to himself. That being said, you dealt yourself a really merde hand. A Vorta? In a fight, it'll be as useless as a tit on a bull. Your senior staff didn't get to the positions they're in by looking pretty. We've got the experience, and that's what you'll need on this kind of pipe dream mission."

He paused, looking over at Tekin. "I read what happened on your last mission. You're the XO. Kirok may be giving the orders, but you're the glue that holds this entire crew together, and this crew is on a knife's edge of shattering. Martyring yourself would be the most selfish act you could commit. I came so I can remind you when it's time to give up on this forlorn hope and leave."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:20:09 pm by Alexander Wu »

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »
[Bridge]

He then turned towards the doctor.  "While I appreciate your input, in the future you should be more mindful of how you address your officers.  You may be Vorta, but on this ship you are Starfleet, and Starfleet has protocols to address.  Grab your kit and meet us at the shuttlebay." he said, turning towards the Admiral. 

He waited for the officers to leave the bridge before addressing Kirok.  "Sir, we have to be ready for any inevitability.  If it gets way too hot, then I'd advise to put the ship before us.  I wouldn't want to walk the steps of the Temple knowing that my life cost the lives of the Discovery as well." he said, exhaling a breath and then turning towards the turbolift, taking it down to the shuttlebay.

[Main Shuttlebay]

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" EQ replied.  He looked from the XO to Riverbank.  The public berating seemed a bit sever.

He didn't think the Vorta had meant any ill will in his statement.  But then again he had been focused on his job.  So, maybe he had missed something.

[Bridge]

"Yeah? Well I speak as a Risan and I find this as shady as the back of a Telomerid alleyway," she said, grumpily. A Vorta and a Tholian occupying one ship. Heaven help the paperwork of complaints that was probably piling up her desk.

Patting the back of Alex's chair in sympathy, Kali proceeded for the turbolift. "I'm getting another coffee." With oodles of extra alcohol.

[Bridge]

Kimball saw Kali turn toward the life.  He stood to get her attention.  "Chief" he called out.

Protocol dictated that he give up the station to the highest level person.  Or have someone else take it over.  But that had to be Kali's call.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:54 pm »
[Shuttlecraft]

Alex chuckled mirthlessly. "Last time I was on the same ship as Kirok, Kimball wasn't around yet. If there's anything that can describe our master and commander, it's that he's always been a hopeful idealist. A strange attribute for Vulcans." He keyed the automatic preflight check, keeping an eye on each individual system as the shuttle's computer raced through them. "He's been luckily fortunate, for his sake and for his crews...usually."

"As for why I came..." Alex glanced up as the exterior bay doors slid open silently, death held back only by a shimmering forcefield, "I've been exactly where you are now. No leader will let his subordinates do what he is unwilling to himself. That being said, you dealt yourself a really merde hand. A Vorta? In a fight, it'll be as useless as a tit on a bull. Your senior staff didn't get to the positions they're in by looking pretty. We've got the experience, and that's what you'll need on this kind of pipe dream mission."

He paused, looking over at Tekin. "I read what happened on your last mission. You're the XO. Kirok may be giving the orders, but you're the glue that holds this entire crew together, and this crew is on a knife's edge of shattering. Martyring yourself would be the most selfish act you could commit. I came so I can remind you when it's time to give up on this forlorn hope and leave."

[Shuttlecraft]

"He is an Admiral for a reason... just can't help but feel concerned." he stated, shaking his head.  Sensors were up, everything was primed... honestly the shuttle was ready to lunch.  The delay was with them.

"Dr. Chalos saved my life more times than I would like to think.  He knows the crew like no one else.  If anything were to happen to him, we would have to rely on 'a Vorta' to be our Chief Medical Officer.  I'm sure if given a chance he would make a fine chief medical officer, but right now he needs to be less Dominion and more Starfleet.  That's why he's here.  That's why I decided on who I did.  Senior officers might be the top of their fields, but not everyone can lead the departments.  The best philosophy is to plan for the worst, and hope for the best.  I hate to sound like a computer, but honestly, the chances of something going wrong is much higher than going right, and the odds do not increase decently enough to select almost the full leadership of this vessel." he said, shaking his head.

Nevir stopped what he was doing when Wu brought up the last mission.  He was silent, dead silent, but he had a point.  He slowly exhaled, and then closed his eyes for a moment, as if reliving it.  "Not too many XOs watch their chance of commanding a ship blow up with a station.  There were too many mistakes, too many unknowns.  I had three Chiefs down on the planet.  Ops, Security, and Science.  We made a fatal assumption that someone was trying to break the Prime Directive.  It cost the lives of an entire species.  And it could have cost the lives of half of the senior staff.  I watched complete sabotage and genocide from a helpless position on the bridge.  And to be honest, Alex... the one thing I felt the most was fear.  Fear that I screwed up, lost crewmen, fear that I was the reason we were in the position we were in.  So much rational and irrational fear... but it was enough that I made sure I took my daughter off the ship.  It was enough to shake me.  And I fully expected to be grounded.  If the glue cracks, then it would be less than useless." he said, shaking his head.

There was loads more he wanted to talk about, get stuff off his chest, but really it wasn't fair to Alex.  Nevir reached forward and hit the release on the ramp, opening it for the rest of the away team.

"Kirok kept me here for a reason.  The Prophets gave me this path, I just have to learn to trust wherever it goes." he said, turning to see if the away team was there already.

"At any rate, thanks for joining me, Alex."

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2017, 07:58:35 pm »
[bridge to Sickbay]

The. Vorta figured the Bajorian had a chip on his shoulder. That was fine. His Gods, the Prophets had not made them specific to serve them. He had believed there was a possible of other lower Gods in other parts of space. Like the prophets who watch over the Bajorian race. Someone had said space worms in the worm hole.

He had left the bridge, took the turbo lift down to the deck to the main sick bay. He stepped in, to grab his medical supplies that he had needed. On surface he was feeling uncertain about this mission. It was like the time of a well known Vorta name Weyoun. Weyoun was rumored he went through three clones. Faster then a Jam'Hadar egg hatch until the Jam'Hadar comes an fully fledged warrior in a month. Weyoun was hated. The Cardassians had attempted to murder him on all lot of occasions. He was not liked. That how Riverbank V felt with the heavy crowd of Bajorians on the Discovery. Even the high rank officer Wu had an ill thoughts against him.

Sad. They just don't feel bless like he was. Being crafted to serve the Founders. How he wished his processors where there to be serving Odo. Every one of the new Vorta had wished for that. Sadly. Odo was not to be found in that Great Lake of link. Least Riverbank III had the opportunity to witness the lake. There was one Founder they had watched over who was aiding on the clone facility which was made into a medical facility where his processors where being cloned.

He had left sick bay feeling they did not have to like him. They just have to see the Starfleet uniform he wore said he was one of them. That what the Vorta felt. It was the way he told himself over and over. He was there to be his best what he can. To serve. And he possible a purpose for the Federation.

[shuttle bay]
Now, he was at the shuttle bay. The doors to the shuttle was closed. His eye brows frowned. Was this a joke? He tapped his comm badge. Perhaps he would report this to Kali. It was saying he was not wanted.

=/\= Doctor Riverbank to Commander Tekin, permission to aboard the shuttle, =/\= he asked. He had used his best sweet tone. It was best to show them this game of disrespect was not bothering him.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:48 pm »
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Tracha Arjay

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2017, 04:12:36 am »
[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Tracha" Kirok replied.   "Set us in orbit please at maximum radius.  And hold position" Kiork said.

[Bridge]

Arjay brought the ship into orbit of the planet as gently as possible. She didn't want to risk scratching the paint on the first mission out. Drifting above the planet, she once again shifted her gaze between the viewscreen and her monitor. If there were any Borg ships out there, she'd pick them up on her console long before they became visible on the viewscreen, but there was something about checking the big screen that made her feel more secure in her position.

She didn't like this plan of theirs.

There was just too many things that could go wrong.

She let out a prayer just under her breath. She asked The Prophets to go with the away team, to watch over and protect them. It wasn't death that she feared, but a fate worse than death. To be assimilated was to be stripped of their individuality and every aspect of what made them who they were. It was to become an empty shell of a person who was forever to be trapped in a state between life and death, lost to The Prophets, serving the will of machines.

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2017, 04:16:31 am »
[Bridge]

[Main Shuttlebay]

[Bridge > Shuttlebay]

It was a quick scramble - a rehearsed scramble as they all went to kit up. Each one knowing what they had to do as Ainsley waited for the last one to fall into place as they proceeded towards the main shuttlebay. He nodded as he approached, though his brows knitted as they stood there alongside another member of their crew.

Lennox gave the man a nod.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Kali Reyes

• Femme Fatale
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Death isn't a joke, but life is.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »
[Bridge]

Kimball saw Kali turn toward the life.  He stood to get her attention.  "Chief" he called out.

Protocol dictated that he give up the station to the highest level person.  Or have someone else take it over.  But that had to be Kali's call.

[Bridge]

It was utter sabotage. Kali almost crashed Alex stopping on the way to the turbolift. She froze, slowly turned, and mustered a tight smile borne of effort and a lack of caffeine. "Right." Bah.

Once EQ relinquished his station, Kali replaced him and tried not to hilariously sob on the spanking new touchscreen. The early shift paperwork was already trickling in as attachments in the corner of her eye and she knew if she didn't do something about her caffeine stupor the ship was going to grind to a bureaucratic halt.

She waved a wandering yeoman over. "Coffee," she said tightly. "Please."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2017, 03:20:32 pm »
[Bridge]

It was utter sabotage. Kali almost crashed Alex stopping on the way to the turbolift. She froze, slowly turned, and mustered a tight smile borne of effort and a lack of caffeine. "Right." Bah.

Once EQ relinquished his station, Kali replaced him and tried not to hilariously sob on the spanking new touchscreen. The early shift paperwork was already trickling in as attachments in the corner of her eye and she knew if she didn't do something about her caffeine stupor the ship was going to grind to a bureaucratic halt.

[Bridge]

"Thanks Chief" EQ said.  He logged out.  Then stood and exited the room.

[bridge to Sickbay]

The. Vorta figured the Bajorian had a chip on his shoulder. That was fine. His Gods, the Prophets had not made them specific to serve them. He had believed there was a possible of other lower Gods in other parts of space. Like the prophets who watch over the Bajorian race. Someone had said space worms in the worm hole.

He had left the bridge, took the turbo lift down to the deck to the main sick bay. He stepped in, to grab his medical supplies that he had needed. On surface he was feeling uncertain about this mission. It was like the time of a well known Vorta name Weyoun. Weyoun was rumored he went through three clones. Faster then a Jam'Hadar egg hatch until the Jam'Hadar comes an fully fledged warrior in a month. Weyoun was hated. The Cardassians had attempted to murder him on all lot of occasions. He was not liked. That how Riverbank V felt with the heavy crowd of Bajorians on the Discovery. Even the high rank officer Wu had an ill thoughts against him.

Sad. They just don't feel bless like he was. Being crafted to serve the Founders. How he wished his processors where there to be serving Odo. Every one of the new Vorta had wished for that. Sadly. Odo was not to be found in that Great Lake of link. Least Riverbank III had the opportunity to witness the lake. There was one Founder they had watched over who was aiding on the clone facility which was made into a medical facility where his processors where being cloned.

He had left sick bay feeling they did not have to like him. They just have to see the Starfleet uniform he wore said he was one of them. That what the Vorta felt. It was the way he told himself over and over. He was there to be his best what he can. To serve. And he possible a purpose for the Federation.

[shuttle bay]
Now, he was at the shuttle bay. The doors to the shuttle was closed. His eye brows frowned. Was this a joke? He tapped his comm badge. Perhaps he would report this to Kali. It was saying he was not wanted.

=/\= Doctor Riverbank to Commander Tekin, permission to aboard the shuttle, =/\= he asked. He had used his best sweet tone. It was best to show them this game of disrespect was not bothering him.

[Shuttle Bay]

Kimball walked up beside Riverbank.  He was armed for the mission.   And ready to go.

"Hey Doc" he said to get the man's attention.  "You doing OK?" he asked.  Specifically curious to know if the Vorta had any bad feeling regarding the lashing he had received on the Bridge.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:24:36 pm by EQ Kimball »

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »
[Bridge]

Arjay brought the ship into orbit of the planet as gently as possible. She didn't want to risk scratching the paint on the first mission out. Drifting above the planet, she once again shifted her gaze between the viewscreen and her monitor. If there were any Borg ships out there, she'd pick them up on her console long before they became visible on the viewscreen, but there was something about checking the big screen that made her feel more secure in her position.

She didn't like this plan of theirs.

There was just too many things that could go wrong.

She let out a prayer just under her breath. She asked The Prophets to go with the away team, to watch over and protect them. It wasn't death that she feared, but a fate worse than death. To be assimilated was to be stripped of their individuality and every aspect of what made them who they were. It was to become an empty shell of a person who was forever to be trapped in a state between life and death, lost to The Prophets, serving the will of machines.

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Tracha.  You are doing a great job" Kirok said.  "Could you and Mr. Lonar help to make sure the Away Team gets out safely and inform me of any relevant changes" Kirok said as he stood.

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Ms. Garrison.  Ms. Reyes.  May I see both of you in my Ready Room for just a moment?" Kirok asked.  "We will only be a moment" he added to the group in general.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2017, 04:42:42 pm »

[Bridge]

"Thanks Chief" EQ said.  He logged out.  Then stood and exited the room.

[Shuttle Bay]

Kimball walked up beside Riverbank.  He was armed for the mission.   And ready to go.

"Hey Doc" he said to get the man's attention.  "You doing OK?" he asked.  Specifically curious to know if the Vorta had any bad feeling regarding the lashing he had received on the Bridge.

The Vorta turned to look at the Liberated Borg. "Honest,  I feel unwanted. Do you ever feel like that?" He asked.

The other officer who was part of the mission nodded to him and EQ. He smiled and nodded return. "Nice to seeing you'" he replied.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Alexander Wu

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2017, 07:50:32 pm »
[Shuttlecraft]

"He is an Admiral for a reason... just can't help but feel concerned." he stated, shaking his head.  Sensors were up, everything was primed... honestly the shuttle was ready to lunch.  The delay was with them.

"Dr. Chalos saved my life more times than I would like to think.  He knows the crew like no one else.  If anything were to happen to him, we would have to rely on 'a Vorta' to be our Chief Medical Officer.  I'm sure if given a chance he would make a fine chief medical officer, but right now he needs to be less Dominion and more Starfleet.  That's why he's here.  That's why I decided on who I did.  Senior officers might be the top of their fields, but not everyone can lead the departments.  The best philosophy is to plan for the worst, and hope for the best.  I hate to sound like a computer, but honestly, the chances of something going wrong is much higher than going right, and the odds do not increase decently enough to select almost the full leadership of this vessel." he said, shaking his head.

Nevir stopped what he was doing when Wu brought up the last mission.  He was silent, dead silent, but he had a point.  He slowly exhaled, and then closed his eyes for a moment, as if reliving it.  "Not too many XOs watch their chance of commanding a ship blow up with a station.  There were too many mistakes, too many unknowns.  I had three Chiefs down on the planet.  Ops, Security, and Science.  We made a fatal assumption that someone was trying to break the Prime Directive.  It cost the lives of an entire species.  And it could have cost the lives of half of the senior staff.  I watched complete sabotage and genocide from a helpless position on the bridge.  And to be honest, Alex... the one thing I felt the most was fear.  Fear that I screwed up, lost crewmen, fear that I was the reason we were in the position we were in.  So much rational and irrational fear... but it was enough that I made sure I took my daughter off the ship.  It was enough to shake me.  And I fully expected to be grounded.  If the glue cracks, then it would be less than useless." he said, shaking his head.

There was loads more he wanted to talk about, get stuff off his chest, but really it wasn't fair to Alex.  Nevir reached forward and hit the release on the ramp, opening it for the rest of the away team.

"Kirok kept me here for a reason.  The Prophets gave me this path, I just have to learn to trust wherever it goes." he said, turning to see if the away team was there already.

"At any rate, thanks for joining me, Alex."

[Bridge]

"Not many people could replace you, either." Alex replied, turning back to his console. "What happened...wasn't your fault. It was set in motion a long time before you got there and there was nothing you could've done. Unfortunately, that's the role of being a bystander. I'm not going to sit here and tell you not to feel guilty or bad, we both know it won't change a thing. Eventually, it won't hurt as much...after some time. If you want to talk though, I'm always down for a synthale."

Glancing over his shoulder as the ramp lowered, Alex called out,"Mount up!", before adding to Nevir, "Let's hope it's a nice long path then."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles