S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!

Started by Kirok, August 31, 2017, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Kirok on September 16, 2017, 10:26:13 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok nodded.  He was thinking much the same.  At least as it pertained to the man's ideas about using an away team.

"Sage advice, Mr. Wu" Kirok said.  These are words he had said before to Alex a long time ago.  It was somewhat like deja vu.

Then he turned back to the helm.  "Ms. Arjay.  Take us into orbit of the planet.  Let us know when we are five minutes out" he said.

"Mr. Ainsley, please continue monitoring the area for ships.  Now that we know who sent the message, your task in now more important than ever.  As a precaution, go ahead and raise shields" he added.

"And Mr. Nevir.  Please start preparing an away team.  Perhaps with an emphasis on medical and science" the half Vulcan ordered.

[Bridge]

What's the point of giving sage advice if it's not heeded? Alex held back a frustrated sigh. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Kali coming back on the bridge, and judging from the look on her face, she didn't seem too impressed by their current course either. Giving her an exasperated grimace, Alex turned back to his console, sending the shuttlebay a quick memo to ready one of their type-9s, just in case.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 17, 2017, 09:55:44 PM

[Bridge]

What's the point of giving sage advice if it's not heeded? Alex held back a frustrated sigh. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Kali coming back on the bridge, and judging from the look on her face, she didn't seem too impressed by their current course either. Giving her an exasperated grimace, Alex turned back to his console, sending the shuttlebay a quick memo to ready one of their type-9s, just in case.

[Bridge]

Kali's lips thinned at the away team assembly roster in-progress and crept up over at Alex's station seeing as they shared the same concern privately. "Hey, Alex. What's this about cooperating with the Borg? We're not really sending men down there, are we?"

She had a feeling that in the next hour, she was going to have to pull out more KIA forms this time around. And she'd rather not.

Kirok

Quote from: Kali Reyes on September 17, 2017, 04:54:27 PM

[Turbolift]

Kali's lips pinched at the summons, but there was really nothing they could do to salvage the quiet. Instead, she stopped the lift and sent it back up before they could reach the lower decks.

[Bridge]

She let Len out first, then contemplated punching the button back down. The whole bridge suddenly seemed alert and that might be because she missed the crucial details on her way out. Protocol kicking in, Kali had to assess the operations station at least and silently inched over to EQ and checked the readings on the screen over his shoulder.

Energy signatures that was familiar enough to panic. "Borg." Yup, it was going to be a Monday for sure. Why the hell aren't they punching it backwards at warp 13 again?

[Bridge]

EQ turned his head when he felt someone standing behind him.  "Affirmative" he simply replied to her statement.  "They sent out a distress call asking for help.  Dr. Riverbank looked at the video thinks the request is on the up and up" the Liberated Borg said in hushed tones.

"They seem to be on a planet not far away.  Admiral Kirok is sending an Away Team to help them.  Want me to take that assignment if someone from Ops is needed?" Kimballl asked after explaining what he knew.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Kali Reyes on September 18, 2017, 02:04:22 AM

[Bridge]

Kali's lips thinned at the away team assembly roster in-progress and crept up over at Alex's station seeing as they shared the same concern privately. "Hey, Alex. What's this about cooperating with the Borg? We're not really sending men down there, are we?"

She had a feeling that in the next hour, she was going to have to pull out more KIA forms this time around. And she'd rather not.

[Bridge]

"Appears so...no idea what we're walking into, but the Captain's inclined to follow the Federation rulebook." Alex murmured, "Things never change, apparently. Hopefully he'll follow my suggestion...take a shuttle down while Discovery stands off a safe distance."

He turned from his console, scrutinizing her closely. She looked drained, stressed, splitting at the seams. Someone who desperately needed a night off, or several. "It's good to see you again, Kali." Despite their current situation, he shot her a smile, edging on mischievous. "I'll buy the first round when we hit the mess, but it looks like you've got the next half dozen. Chief."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: EQ Kimball on September 16, 2017, 07:50:10 PM

[Bridge]

EQ closed his eyes from a long moment.  Being part of the Borg had been hard enough.  But those first days after liberation had been the hardest.

Going from complete dependence on someone for every single need to abandonment had been a major shock to his system.  Luckily he had been at a mature age before being taken by them.  If not, he would not have know how to survive on his own after being released from them.

"No, Sir.  Not in all cases" EQ said from his seat.  "And without a queen there is no one to tell you what to do.  When to eat, how to care for yourself when your sick, the basic things you learn growing up" he explained.

[Bridge]

Kirok listened as EQ spoke.  He had to admit they he too knew little about Liberated Borg.  If fact, until today, Kimball had kept his personal ordeal much to himself.

Kirok turned toward the Science stations.  "Besides Seven of Nine and the few other Liberated Borg who have joined Star Fleet since, we have limited information on the subject.  Dr. Riverbank and Ms. Garrison, can you please check the  database to see if there is any additional information about Liberated Borg biology &physiology?" he asked.

Lennox Ainsley

[Bridge]

Kirok nodded.  He was thinking much the same.  At least as it pertained to the man's ideas about using an away team.

"Sage advice, Mr. Wu" Kirok said.  These are words he had said before to Alex a long time ago.  It was somewhat like deja vu.

Then he turned back to the helm.  "Ms. Arjay.  Take us into orbit of the planet.  Let us know when we are five minutes out" he said.

"Mr. Ainsley, please continue monitoring the area for ships.  Now that we know who sent the message, your task in now more important than ever.  As a precaution, go ahead and raise shields" he added.

"And Mr. Nevir.  Please start preparing an away team.  Perhaps with an emphasis on medical and science" the half Vulcan ordered.

[Bridge]

"Shields raised, Cap'n." Lennox said.

Of course the sudden bustle of activity had gotten him a little itchy on the surface. He did not trust the Borg who had sent the distress signal, even if they had liberated ones on board. His eyes honed in on his radar, which nothing of sorts seemed to be out of place nor were there any other signs of other ships.

"Currently no o'her ships, but I'll continue te scan."

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Tekin Nevir

[Bridge]

"Aye sir..." he said, walking to one of the back stations to bring up available officers.  He would normally go for the highest ranked, but... anything could go wrong.  And if it did, he couldn't very well send his best officers to be assimilated.

Of course, that meant there was only one option for who to lead the away team.

"Captain, I have to agree with Mr. Wu.  I don't want to take a large team, but my duty is to ensure the safety of the crew.  Recommend we remain at maximum radius for short range sensors... and too far for orbit of the planet."

Kirok

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on September 18, 2017, 04:54:10 PM

[Bridge]

"Shields raised, Cap'n." Lennox said.

Of course the sudden bustle of activity had gotten him a little itchy on the surface. He did not trust the Borg who had sent the distress signal, even if they had liberated ones on board. His eyes honed in on his radar, which nothing of sorts seemed to be out of place nor were there any other signs of other ships.

"Currently no o'her ships, but I'll continue te scan."

[Bridge]

Kirok turned slightly to see the Sec/Tac Officer behind him.  "Thank you, Mr. Ainsley.  Keep up the good work" Kirok replied.

He turned forward.  And gazed that the view screen.  Though his Vulcan nature was reluctant to admit it, it was starting to feel like old times.

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 18, 2017, 06:14:38 PM

[Bridge]

"Aye sir..." he said, walking to one of the back stations to bring up available officers.  He would normally go for the highest ranked, but... anything could go wrong.  And if it did, he couldn't very well send his best officers to be assimilated.

Of course, that meant there was only one option for who to lead the away team.

"Captain, I have to agree with Mr. Wu.  I don't want to take a large team, but my duty is to ensure the safety of the crew.  Recommend we remain at maximum radius for short range sensors... and too far for orbit of the planet."

[Bridge]

Pulled out of his thought, Kirok turned toward the XO.  He nodded his head in agreement.  Wu had made a good point.

"I too agree.  Keeping the ship safe is my highest concern" Kirok replied.  "Who do you propose to assign to the Away Team?" he asked curiously.

Kirok looked from Tekin to Kali.  Naturally it would be one of them leading the team.  But he was interested to know who the XO would choose for the assignment.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Kirok on September 19, 2017, 08:11:19 AM

[Bridge]

Pulled out of his thought, Kirok turned toward the XO.  He nodded his head in agreement.  Wu had made a good point.

"I too agree.  Keeping the ship safe is my highest concern" Kirok replied.  "Who do you propose to assign to the Away Team?" he asked curiously.

Kirok looked from Tekin to Kali.  Naturally it would be one of them leading the team.  But he was interested to know who the XO would choose for the assignment.

[Bridge]

The small comfort of protecting the ship only lasted long enough for him to be asked who he chose.  He glanced around the bridge, and then back to the Captain.  The list he had felt more like a death sentence.

"Kimball, McCollugh, Riverbank, Ainsley, and the two best marksmen their department has.  And myself." he said, adding that last person to alleviate any concerns of risking Garrison or Reyes.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: EQ Kimball on September 18, 2017, 08:13:03 AM

[Bridge]

EQ turned his head when he felt someone standing behind him.  "Affirmative" he simply replied to her statement.  "They sent out a distress call asking for help.  Dr. Riverbank looked at the video thinks the request is on the up and up" the Liberated Borg said in hushed tones.

"They seem to be on a planet not far away.  Admiral Kirok is sending an Away Team to help them.  Want me to take that assignment if someone from Ops is needed?" Kimballl asked after explaining what he knew.

[Bridge]

"I guess we've already come to the conclusion that this isn't a trap at all?" she remarked, albeit dryly, because the whole thing felt sour on her tongue. But again, she wasn't the Captain and tactical, if not cowardly retreat just wasn't on the table no matter how much she'd like it to be so.

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 18, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

[Bridge]

"Appears so...no idea what we're walking into, but the Captain's inclined to follow the Federation rulebook." Alex murmured, "Things never change, apparently. Hopefully he'll follow my suggestion...take a shuttle down while Discovery stands off a safe distance."

He turned from his console, scrutinizing her closely. She looked drained, stressed, splitting at the seams. Someone who desperately needed a night off, or several. "It's good to see you again, Kali." Despite their current situation, he shot her a smile, edging on mischievous. "I'll buy the first round when we hit the mess, but it looks like you've got the next half dozen. Chief."

She firmly slapped his shoulder, then squeezed in a gesture of old camaraderie. "I knew you couldn't dance off from the Disco for too long," she teased. "Even with her new shiny dress." Maybe she'll have to realign the bridge's shifts for a night off of drinks and entertainment. It was almost off-season on Risa and that meant Starfleet personnel going wild without worrying about images or tourists.

It was nice to see old blood again. Like finding an old blanket to cuddle up in.

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 19, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

[Bridge]

The small comfort of protecting the ship only lasted long enough for him to be asked who he chose.  He glanced around the bridge, and then back to the Captain.  The list he had felt more like a death sentence.

"Kimball, McCollugh, Riverbank, Ainsley, and the two best marksmen their department has.  And myself." he said, adding that last person to alleviate any concerns of risking Garrison or Reyes.

But Kali stiffened when she overheard the roster for the away team. Len was going down again and this time with Tekin. What if it was a trap? What if a nuke came down on their heads? Possible assimilation, organ harvesting, a smattering of Borg cubes descending on the horizon-

She stared at their XO, almost near to a panic attack, but swallowed it down with a stiff of her shoulders. Tactical retreat was imminent for her.

God help this blasted mission!

Demlion Riverbank V

[bridge]

The Vorta had nodes to Kimbal the Liberated Borg. He was showing he was going to be a good asset. The two both have something in common. Their back ground with their kind versus Federation was not good. The problem the Vorta was under the Liberated Borg.

As the high officers are conversing on what team members they are putting together. He had heard his name. That was no surprise. He figure for two reasons or a few. The main was hoping that the  Vorta would be caught by the Borg. They escape and leave him behind. The other he was a low rank. He was easy to replace. That was okay. He was here like they are. He had shows Starfleet he to was trustworthy to wear this uniform.

Watching the video, he had learned a few things but not much. It was acceptable. They say you don't learn everything by reading and watching. Experience and knowledge was best to be learned by experience alone.

If survive this event.

"Unlikely it be a trap," he replied without looking at the screen he was studying. The tone he was speaking was a habit of snob of I know what I am talking about. "The Jem'Hadar as a warrior race would never dream to play a pityful game. What I gather the Borg not far from the Jem'Hadar. They both want to destroy....however.... the Borg assimilates everything... well..." he chuckled a seconds. "They do reject certain races that are not adequately for their....perfection. If it was the  Jem'Hadar they just kill. Not with a thought. No hearts on the sleeve."

That when he felt the room was looking at him. That when he turned to look at them. "I speak as a Vorta," he just sounded like arrogant. He had not know that. His people thought they were special. The Founders themselves gave them a new beginning. A new life. It as precious. To be made to rule over the Jam'Hadar and be ambassadors to the Founders. It was a good position but then the Founders themselves was defeated and purified by the ONE all mighty Founder. The One who brought mercy and grace to his own people. Gods. ODO. The healer of the Gods. The grace of his heart was higher then any other.

If Demlion had one choice to worship one Founder. It would be Odo. The one who healed the gods in the link. What an inspiration to look to heal. It was indeed a noble cause.

So yes Odo was loved by Doctor Riverbank.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Kali Reyes on September 19, 2017, 06:27:40 PM

[Bridge]

"I guess we've already come to the conclusion that this isn't a trap at all?" she remarked, albeit dryly, because the whole thing felt sour on her tongue. But again, she wasn't the Captain and tactical, if not cowardly retreat just wasn't on the table no matter how much she'd like it to be so.

She firmly slapped his shoulder, then squeezed in a gesture of old camaraderie. "I knew you couldn't dance off from the Disco for too long," she teased. "Even with her new shiny dress." Maybe she'll have to realign the bridge's shifts for a night off of drinks and entertainment. It was almost off-season on Risa and that meant Starfleet personnel going wild without worrying about images or tourists.

It was nice to see old blood again. Like finding an old blanket to cuddle up in.

But Kali stiffened when she overheard the roster for the away team. Len was going down again and this time with Tekin. What if it was a trap? What if a nuke came down on their heads? Possible assimilation, organ harvesting, a smattering of Borg cubes descending on the horizon-

She stared at their XO, almost near to a panic attack, but swallowed it down with a stiff of her shoulders. Tactical retreat was imminent for her.

God help this blasted mission!

[Bridge]

Alex shot an alarmed glance at Tekin, tensing visibly. Not only had he chosen officers who were relatively inexperienced for such a dangerous mission, he had included Kimball, who Alex feared would be more susceptible to re-assimilation, and that blasted Vorta. It wasn't that he would shed a tear if the thing met it's demise at the hands of the Borg, but Alex knew Vorta clones passed along memories from earlier iterations. He didn't relish the thought of the Federation's worst enemy getting their hands on Dominion secrets or information.

Quote from: Demlion Riverbank V on September 19, 2017, 10:51:43 PM

[bridge]

The Vorta had nodes to Kimbal the Liberated Borg. He was showing he was going to be a good asset. The two both have something in common. Their back ground with their kind versus Federation was not good. The problem the Vorta was under the Liberated Borg.

As the high officers are conversing on what team members they are putting together. He had heard his name. That was no surprise. He figure for two reasons or a few. The main was hoping that the  Vorta would be caught by the Borg. They escape and leave him behind. The other he was a low rank. He was easy to replace. That was okay. He was here like they are. He had shows Starfleet he to was trustworthy to wear this uniform.

Watching the video, he had learned a few things but not much. It was acceptable. They say you don't learn everything by reading and watching. Experience and knowledge was best to be learned by experience alone.

If survive this event.

"Unlikely it be a trap," he replied without looking at the screen he was studying. The tone he was speaking was a habit of snob of I know what I am talking about. "The Jem'Hadar as a warrior race would never dream to play a pityful game. What I gather the Borg not far from the Jem'Hadar. They both want to destroy....however.... the Borg assimilates everything... well..." he chuckled a seconds. "They do reject certain races that are not adequately for their....perfection. If it was the  Jem'Hadar they just kill. Not with a thought. No hearts on the sleeve."

That when he felt the room was looking at him. That when he turned to look at them. "I speak as a Vorta," he just sounded like arrogant. He had not know that. His people thought they were special. The Founders themselves gave them a new beginning. A new life. It as precious. To be made to rule over the Jam'Hadar and be ambassadors to the Founders. It was a good position but then the Founders themselves was defeated and purified by the ONE all mighty Founder. The One who brought mercy and grace to his own people. Gods. ODO. The healer of the Gods. The grace of his heart was higher then any other.

If Demlion had one choice to worship one Founder. It would be Odo. The one who healed the gods in the link. What an inspiration to look to heal. It was indeed a noble cause.

Deadset against letting Tekin risk the lives of four good crewmembers, Alex was still reluctant to oppose the XO publicly. He wouldn't have tolerated it himself in the past. The Vorta's smug illusions though finally triggered Alex's enmity. "The Jem'Hadar were controlled by the Changelings and Dominion through chemical reliance and decades of genetic manipulation. What they wanted depended on if they received their ketracel white on time. The Vorta were the Changelings' dope peddlers, and more than one found out what happened when they ran out of white." He spat out disgustedly, acknowledging Riverbank directly for the first time since coming onboard.

Alex proceeded to give it a harsh education. "The Borg are singlemindedly set on assimilating anything or anyone they can use, regardless if it's to better themselves technologically or to gather raw resources for expansion. A drone doesn't care what you offer, and they don't negotiate. They take, without individual thought or consideration. They don't want anything, they're incapable of that emotion. And don't think for one second the Hive mind cares if a single drone, a hundred, a thousand drones, are destroyed. It will send wave after wave crashing over you until you're overwhelmed and utterly annihilated."

Scorning the Vorta's ignorant delusions about what it thought it knew, he stood next to Kali and volunteered his services as a thinly veiled method to join the team. Another misguided bid to spread the Federation's shining example, Alex thought bitterly. Our blood, and their damn glory. "Commander, if we're taking a shuttle to minimize the amount of time Discovery will be exposed, I'll be the one to fly your team down." He stated firmly. Hopefully with both of us, we can bring everyone home alive. Maybe minus one.

Tracha Arjay

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Yes Sir."

She checked the coordinates once more, locked them in and set course for the planet. All the while, she listened to the senior officers discuss putting together an away team to meet with the Borg. For once she wasn't disappointed to hear that her name was not included in the group. Like some of the others on the bridge, she had her doubts about the true intentions of the Borg.

This could be some sort of deception or a trap.

For all she knew, she could be flying them into the waiting arms of the collective. She wouldn't put it passed them to resort to such tactics as to fake a distress call to lower the defenses of a sympathetic crew. Then, they could assimilate the lot of them with little trouble on their part.

Her eyes remained glued to her console the entire flight. If there were any cubes in the vicinity she wanted to spot them before they had a chance to do the same. Nervously she tapped the edge of the panel, ready to jump to warp at the first sign of trouble.

"Sir, you wanted to be notified when we were five minutes out."

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 19, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

Kirok considered the list of names for a moment.  He was inclined to agree with it.  But stopped shot of nodding.

Quote from: Tracha Arjay on September 20, 2017, 04:38:58 AM

[Bridge]

"Yes Sir."

She checked the coordinates once more, locked them in and set course for the planet. All the while, she listened to the senior officers discuss putting together an away team to meet with the Borg. For once she wasn't disappointed to hear that her name was not included in the group. Like some of the others on the bridge, she had her doubts about the true intentions of the Borg.

This could be some sort of deception or a trap.

For all she knew, she could be flying them into the waiting arms of the collective. She wouldn't put it passed them to resort to such tactics as to fake a distress call to lower the defenses of a sympathetic crew. Then, they could assimilate the lot of them with little trouble on their part.

Her eyes remained glued to her console the entire flight. If there were any cubes in the vicinity she wanted to spot them before they had a chance to do the same. Nervously she tapped the edge of the panel, ready to jump to warp at the first sign of trouble.

"Sir, you wanted to be notified when we were five minutes out."

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Tracha" Kirok replied.   "Set us in orbit please at maximum radius.  And hold position" Kiork said.

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 20, 2017, 12:24:37 AM

[Bridge]

Alex shot an alarmed glance at Tekin, tensing visibly. Not only had he chosen officers who were relatively inexperienced for such a dangerous mission, he had included Kimball, who Alex feared would be more susceptible to re-assimilation, and that blasted Vorta. It wasn't that he would shed a tear if the thing met it's demise at the hands of the Borg, but Alex knew Vorta clones passed along memories from earlier iterations. He didn't relish the thought of the Federation's worst enemy getting their hands on Dominion secrets or information.

Deadset against letting Tekin risk the lives of four good crewmembers, Alex was still reluctant to oppose the XO publicly. He wouldn't have tolerated it himself in the past. The Vorta's smug illusions though finally triggered Alex's enmity. "The Jem'Hadar were controlled by the Founders and Dominion through chemical reliance and decades of genetic manipulation. What they wanted depended on if they received their ketracel white on time. The Vorta were the founders' dope peddlers, and more than one found out what happened when they ran out of white." He spat out disgustedly, acknowledging Riverbank directly for the first time since coming onboard.

Alex proceeded to give it a harsh education. "The Borg are singlemindedly set on assimilating anything or anyone they can use, regardless if it's to better themselves technologically or to gather raw resources for expansion. A drone doesn't care what you offer, and they don't negotiate. They take, without individual thought or consideration. They don't want anything, they're incapable of that emotion. And don't think for one second the Hive mind cares if a single drone, a hundred, a thousand drones, are destroyed. It will send wave over wave crashing over you until you're overwhelmed and utterly annihilated."

Scorning the Vorta's ignorant delusions about what it thought it knew, he stood next to Kali and volunteered his services as a thinly veiled method to join the team. Another misguided bid to spread the Federation's shining example, Alex thought bitterly. Our blood, and their damn glory. "Commander, if we're taking a shuttle to minimize the amount of time Discovery will be exposed, I'll be the one to fly your team down." He stated firmly. Hopefully with both of us, we can bring everyone home alive. Maybe minus one.

[Bridge]

Kirok turned from Ajray to Wu and offered a slight nod to acknowledge the request.  The man would be a good asset to the team either way.  But he felt it important to allow Nevir to make the spoken decision.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Demlion Riverbank V on September 19, 2017, 10:51:43 PM

[Bridge]

"Yeah? Well I speak as a Risan and I find this as shady as the back of a Telomerid alleyway," she said, grumpily. A Vorta and a Tholian occupying one ship. Heaven help the paperwork of complaints that was probably piling up her desk.

Patting the back of Alex's chair in sympathy, Kali proceeded for the turbolift. "I'm getting another coffee." With oodles of extra alcohol.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.