S12 - M2: Transformed: A new Captain, ship, and mission!

Started by Kirok, August 31, 2017, 10:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Bridge]

Kirok stood at the front of the Bridge beside the main view screen.  Much like a professor would stand beside a chalk board of old Earth.  Ready to meeting a fairly new crew and ready to yet another adventure in his life.

He had always considered himself a teacher of sorts.  Passing on his wisdom to the younger officers.  And now the much younger Crewman and Cadets.

But there was something special about this ship and this mission and even the new ship.  He had always been curious about the Delta Quadrant, wondering what it had been for Janeway and her crew.  And now that the Delta Gateway had been established and they new ship was specifically designed for long range tactical missions, his curiosity would finally be satisfied.

So today he stood a bit taller.  Proud and humbled to be commanding a ship he had commanded years before.  And he was even eager for the crew to arrive for their first briefing.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kinley Garrison

[lab -> bridge]

Kinley sighed again after getting lost for the third time on this new ship. Her mind was still thinking about the last away mission she had been on. The sickening image of the disintegrating Defense Minister still kept reminding her over and over again about all the millions of innocent lives that were lost that day. And she was the one to open that Pandora's box of death, albeit unwittingly.

People kept telling her it was that sick jerk that killed those people. That it wasn't her fault, even that it would have happened eventually when they did figure out how to open the chamber. Maybe they were right,   But it still hurt to think about it. And nothing she could do could ever bring them back.

Putting her mind back to work, she began making her way to the bridge. It was a strange feeling, having to move to an entirely different ship, but she eventually got to the bridge, where a meeting was shortly taking place. Nodding to the crew already there with a slight smile, she leaned onto one of the computer stations, watching as the rest of the crew came in.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

[Bridge]

It was with highly polar emotions that Alex stepped onto the bridge for the first time, so new that it still had that smell. The scent of new polymers and microcarpet, untainted by fire or brimstone. The feel of a fighting ship beneath his feet. For several weeks now, he had trained on the station's holodecks, familiarizing with the Prometheus class, but nothing compared to the real thing. I can't believe I'm here now, Alex thought to himself, absorbing the room from just outside the turbolift. While it was true that he had stubbornly continued to wear his red collared uniform onboard Challenger even though he technically should've switched to gold (Dylan, to his credit, hadn't said anything), Alex never truly believed he would ever return to the pilot's seat. And now here he was, senior flight officer responsible for the fastest ship in the fleet.

On the other hand, the old Discovery had been home; regardless of whatever shape she was in, she always brought them back alive. Barely, on several occasions, but she did. It felt almost like a betrayal, setting foot on another ship which bore her name. Vulcans would consider it illogical, but Alex didn't. Most of his old shipmates probably wouldn't either. Not that there are many of us left around, he mused ruefully.

Two others were already there, one he knew well, and the other someone he only recognized from her personnel file. Recognizing the moment was over, Alex gave them a slight smile, walking over to join them. "Admiral Kirok. Good to see you again, sir. Commander." He reached out his hand, first to Kirok, and then to Garrison, introducing himself. "I'm Alex Wu. I'll be the one making sure we don't hit anything on our way out."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 01, 2017, 03:11:48 AM

[Bridge]

It was with highly polar emotions that Alex stepped onto the bridge for the first time, so new that it still had that smell. The scent of new polymers and microcarpet, untainted by fire or brimstone. The feel of a fighting ship beneath his feet. For several weeks now, he had trained on the station's holodecks, familiarizing with the Prometheus class, but nothing compared to the real thing. I can't believe I'm here now, Alex thought to himself, absorbing the room from just outside the turbolift. While it was true that he had stubbornly continued to wear his red collared uniform onboard Challenger even though he technically should've switched to gold (Dylan, to his credit, hadn't said anything), Alex never truly believed he would ever return to the pilot's seat. And now here he was, senior flight officer responsible for the fastest ship in the fleet.

On the other hand, the old Discovery had been home; regardless of whatever shape she was in, she always brought them back alive. Barely, on several occasions, but she did. It felt almost like a betrayal, setting foot on another ship which bore her name. Vulcans would consider it illogical, but Alex didn't. Most of his old shipmates probably wouldn't either. Not that there are many of us left around, he mused ruefully.

Two others were already there, one he knew well, and the other someone he only recognized from her personnel file. Recognizing the moment was over, Alex gave them a slight smile, walking over to join them. "Admiral Kirok. Good to see you again, sir. Commander." He reached out his hand, first to Kirok, and then to Garrison, introducing himself. "I'm Alex Wu. I'll be the one making sure we don't hit anything on our way out."

[Bridge]

Kirok offer Wu a small bow as was his custom.  Then he stood back up to his full height.  "It is especially agreeable to see you again" Kirok said sincerely.

"No truer words have been said" the half Vulcan agreed.  "Have you worked with Ms. Garrison?  She is our Chief of Science" he said by way of introduction.

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Kirok on September 01, 2017, 07:42:04 AM

[Bridge]

Kirok offer Wu a small bow as was his custom.  Then he stood back up to his full height.  "It is especially agreeable to see you again" Kirok said sincerely.

"No truer words have been said" the half Vulcan agreed.  "Have you worked with Ms. Garrison?  She is our Chief of Science" he said by way of introduction.

[bridge]

The Vorta was on the new bridge for good few minutes. He was silent. The quietness had made him blemd in to the bridge. However, those who fought the Deminion wound notice him because the deep emotions.

He had stood tall for his own short height. Chin was up because he felt at times he was better then the peers around him. It was an honor to be a creation by the gods. His hands were clasped behind his back with his shoulders squared.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Tekin Nevir

[Starbase]

Ruthie had been securely sent back to Bajor, leaving Tekin alone with his thoughts.  The debriefing felt more like a tribunal; minus Kirok, as he was involved as well.  But the results were telling.  Nevir was not ready for command.  His first test; and he totaled a Federation starship, allowed a genocidal criminal to escape, and did not prevent the destruction of an outpost.  It was bad... and as he sat with a drink at one of the station dining facilities, he expected an officer to come up with orders to return to Earth... or to Bajor.

An officer did eventually come, and Nevir took a deep breath, before being handed a PADD.

"Sir, you are to report to the Discovery immediately.  Here are your orders."

Nevir finished his glass and nodded, but then he stopped.  "Wait... the Discovery?"

"Yes sir... USS Discovery... NCC-78393-B.  The Prometheus class vessel."

A chill went down his spine... what did the Admiral want?  He nodded to the officer, and stood up, walking to the transporter room.  As he moved and glanced down at the PADD.  They were... assignment orders?  The confusion on his face was apparent as he materialized onto the pad in the Discovery's new transporter room.  Without another word, he took his PADD and walked the corridors to the Bridge.

[Bridge]

He was still a bit confused as he entered the bridge of the new ship.  Still, he was struck with awe and wonder at what was honestly a ship very few had been able to see let alone serve.  Seeing some old faces, including Garrison, he took another breath, and walked up to Kirok.

"Admiral." he started, holding the PADD out.  "I... I think there's a... Commander Tekin, reporting as ordered, sir." he said, his mind full on confusion.  Why would the Admiral want him of all officers on this ship?

Fala Awen

[USS Discovery, Awen's Quarters]

Following the incident with Outpost 327, Awen had initially spent time on the Starbase the Discovery had gone to. Considering what had happened, StarFleet had had additional questions for her and, until recently, the Bajoran had been unsure where she would end up. In fact, she only arrived on the new Prometheus class USS Discovery a couple hours ago.

Once aboard the new vessel, Awen had started unpacking and settling in. Currently she was setting out a few pictures of her family and Bajor. Her eyes moved to the sole remaining box sitting in the corner. As she moved towards it, the console in her room chirped.

Awen turned towards the small desk and slid her finger across the screen. It was a message from Admiral Kirok requesting her presence on the bridge. Although she had been on the previous Discovery with the Admiral, she hadn't been formally introduced to him. With one final glance at her quarters, Awen turned to leave; the rest would have to wait.

[Bridge]

The turbolift doors swished open and the Bajoran stepped through. Although she had made her way there as soon as she received the message, she was not the first one there. The Admiral was standing near the viewscreen with four others - Nevir, a man in red, and two others in blue. Awen recognized the Chief Science Officer, Kinley, and the Medical Officer Demlion from her previous research of the Discovery. Unfortunately, since she had only just received her official orders, she hadn't had time to look into the other new officers and didn't recognize the last man.

Awen strode forward towards the group, then stopped just to the side and clasped her hands behind her back - a habit she'd picked up in the Militia. She nodded towards Nevir and then the Admiral. Not one to jump into a conversation, the Bajoran remained quiet, simply listening and waiting to be addressed as needed.

OFF: Tag bridge

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kirok

Quote from: Demlion Riverbank V on September 01, 2017, 07:52:49 AM

[bridge]

The Vorta was on the new bridge for good few minutes. He was silent. The quietness had made him blemd in to the bridge. However, those who fought the Deminion wound notice him because the deep emotions.

He had stood tall for his own short height. Chin was up because he felt at times he was better then the peers around him. It was an honor to be a creation by the gods. His hands were clasped behind his back with his shoulders squared.

[Bridge]

EQ came in next.  He saw the many new faces among them.  And of course the Admiral was standing up front.

The Liberated Borg moved and stood beside the Doctor.  He knew the Admiral would be giving a speech soon, so he settled into his spot.  "Hey" he said and offered the doctor a slight nod.

Kirok

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on September 01, 2017, 01:57:14 PM

[Starbase]

Ruthie had been securely sent back to Bajor, leaving Tekin alone with his thoughts.  The debriefing felt more like a tribunal; minus Kirok, as he was involved as well.  But the results were telling.  Nevir was not ready for command.  His first test; and he totaled a Federation starship, allowed a genocidal criminal to escape, and did not prevent the destruction of an outpost.  It was bad... and as he sat with a drink at one of the station dining facilities, he expected an officer to come up with orders to return to Earth... or to Bajor.

An officer did eventually come, and Nevir took a deep breath, before being handed a PADD.

"Sir, you are to report to the Discovery immediately.  Here are your orders."

Nevir finished his glass and nodded, but then he stopped.  "Wait... the Discovery?"

"Yes sir... USS Discovery... NCC-78393-B.  The Prometheus class vessel."

A chill went down his spine... what did the Admiral want?  He nodded to the officer, and stood up, walking to the transporter room.  As he moved and glanced down at the PADD.  They were... assignment orders?  The confusion on his face was apparent as he materialized onto the pad in the Discovery's new transporter room.  Without another word, he took his PADD and walked the corridors to the Bridge.

[Bridge]

He was still a bit confused as he entered the bridge of the new ship.  Still, he was struck with awe and wonder at what was honestly a ship very few had been able to see let alone serve.  Seeing some old faces, including Garrison, he took another breath, and walked up to Kirok.

"Admiral." he started, holding the PADD out.  "I... I think there's a... Commander Tekin, reporting as ordered, sir." he said, his mind full on confusion.  Why would the Admiral want him of all officers on this ship?

[Bridge]

Kirok's left eyebrow arched slightly.  Otherwise his face remained unchanged.  He accepted the Padd and have it a quick glance.

"Of course, Mr. Tekin.  I'm just about to start the meeting.  Have you seen Ms. Reyes?" he replied.

Quote from: Fala Awen on September 01, 2017, 03:43:08 PM

[USS Discovery, Awen's Quarters]

Following the incident with Outpost 327, Awen had initially spent time on the Starbase the Discovery had gone to. Considering what had happened, StarFleet had had additional questions for her and, until recently, the Bajoran had been unsure where she would end up. In fact, she only arrived on the new Prometheus class USS Discovery a couple hours ago.

Once aboard the new vessel, Awen had started unpacking and settling in. Currently she was setting out a few pictures of her family and Bajor. Her eyes moved to the sole remaining box sitting in the corner. As she moved towards it, the console in her room chirped.

Awen turned towards the small desk and slid her finger across the screen. It was a message from Admiral Kirok requesting her presence on the bridge. Although she had been on the previous Discovery with the Admiral, she hadn't been formally introduced to him. With one final glance at her quarters, Awen turned to leave; the rest would have to wait.

[Bridge]

The turbolift doors swished open and the Bajoran stepped through. Although she had made her way there as soon as she received the message, she was not the first one there. The Admiral was standing near the viewscreen with four others - Nevir, a man in red, and two others in blue. Awen recognized the Chief Science Officer, Kinley, and the Medical Officer Demlion from her previous research of the Discovery. Unfortunately, since she had only just received her official orders, she hadn't had time to look into the other new officers and didn't recognize the last man.

Awen strode forward towards the group, then stopped just to the side and clasped her hands behind her back - a habit she'd picked up in the Militia. She nodded towards Nevir and then the Admiral. Not one to jump into a conversation, the Bajoran remained quiet, simply listening and waiting to be addressed as needed.

OFF: Tag bridge

[Bridge]

Kirok notice the new Science Officer come in.  He had briefly met her at Starbase Katra.  But he did not know her well yet.

Still, he offered the woman a small bow.  "Welcome, Ms. Fala.  Welcome everyone" Kirok said.  Then he tugged down on his shirt as he waited for people to fall quite.

"Today is a historic event.  Not only in the history of the Task Force 10.  But in the history of the Federation as well" the half Vulcan said.

"That event is the intentional exploration of the Delta Quadrant.  And, of course, the launching of the USS Discovery NCC-78393-B.  A Prometheus class ship" he continued.

"A long range tactical ship.  Which is now the fastest ship in the fleet.  With the most fire power" he said.

"For myself, I see this as a new book in my life.  A way for me to serve the original purpose of the federation - to explore new worlds & civilization and go where others have yet to go.  And I hope that you see see it the same way" he added.

Tracha Arjay

[Bridge]

A part of Arjay was still in disbelief that she had been assigned to this new ship. Getting the chance to pilot a Prometheus class vessel was like a dream come true. It was almost too good to be true. In the back of her mind there was this sinking feeling as if at any moment she were about to wake from a pleasant sleep to find herself curled up in the tiny little room that doubled as a storage closest in her family's home back on Bajor.

She couldn't help but to run her fingers over every surface that she encountered. If she could touch it, feel it, it must be real. Her fingers moved with a delicate grace of many years practice running over the strings of her most priced collection of instruments while a wordless tune played along in her mind. This ship had many songs to sing and she intended to play them.

At the front of the bridge, the admiral was speaking with a number of senior officers. The only one she recognized was Commander Wu from her on the Challenger. Not wanting to disturb them and what was likely important business, the crewman stuck to admiring the new ship.

She sure was a thing of beauty. 

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Kirok on September 01, 2017, 04:11:36 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok notice the new Science Officer come in.  He had briefly met her at Starbase Katra.  But he did not know her well yet.

Still, he offered the woman a small bow.  "Welcome, Ms. Fala.  Welcome everyone" Kirok said.  Then he tugged down on his shirt as he waited for people to fall quite.

"Today is a historic event.  Not only in the history of the Task Force 10.  But in the history of the Federation as well" the half Vulcan said.

"That event is the intentional exploration of the Delta Quadrant.  And, of course, the launching of the USS Discovery NCC-78393-B.  A Prometheus class ship" he continued.

"A long range tactical ship.  Which is now the fastest ship in the fleet.  With the most fire power" he said.

"For myself, I see this as a new book in my life.  A way for me to serve the original purpose of the federation - to explore new worlds & civilization and go where others have yet to go.  And I hope that you see see it the same way" he added.

[Bridge]

As the others filed in, Alex nodded almost imperceptibly towards those he knew, primarily Tekin and Arjay. It took some effort for him to stay at ease when the Borg - no, the reintegrated drone - walked in, and even moreso when the Vorta joined their group. It was hard to imagine, but Alex had found a faction whom he hated even more than those responsible for Wolf 359, when the Breen launched their surprise attack on Earth killing millions of innocent people; his parents being two of them. In his mind, only the Cardassians, whom after their last mission he wasn't particularly fond of either, had more reason to hate the Dominion.

Every fibre of his body wanted to lash out and wipe the smug look off the thing's face, and only the uniform it wore stayed Alex's hand. Turning away from the creature who had represented the Federation's greatest enemy in the past two centuries, he forced himself to listen to Kirok's message of hope and positivity with a bitter taste in his mouth. That original purpose was the reason we were caught with our pants down. The Klingons, the Romulans, the Cardassians, the Borg, the Dominion...everyone took their turn, and every time we started off on the wrong foot. Kirok wants to explore, we can explore...and I'll keep my phaser drawn.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 01, 2017, 03:11:48 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Pleased to meet you, Alex. And I really hope you do " Kinley said, slightly jokingly. "Definitely wouldn't wanna scratch the paint on the maiden trip, for certain." She said as the others came in, a few she knew, a lot she didn't know, or only knew from the few dossiers she had managed to skim. One of the new faces, a Bajoran woman named Fala Awen, in particular stood out to her, though that partially may have been from her extensive studying of her file. Kinley liked to have some knowledge of the science team under her leadership. She had to admit, it was always strange to be the head scientist when McCullogh, the oldest of her crew, was more than twice as old as her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Admiral Kirok announcing to the group that they were going to intentionally head out to the Delta Quadrant. She had read all about Janeway and her crew's adventures down there. And she was rather excited. Lot of science to be done over there, and she couldn't wait.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on September 02, 2017, 12:09:57 AM

[Bridge]

"Pleased to meet you, Alex. And I really hope you do " Kinley said, slightly jokingly. "Definitely wouldn't wanna scratch the paint on the maiden trip, for certain." She said as the others came in, a few she knew, a lot she didn't know, or only knew from the few dossiers she had managed to skim. One of the new faces, a Bajoran woman named Fala Awen, in particular stood out to her, though that partially may have been from her extensive studying of her file. Kinley liked to have some knowledge of the science team under her leadership. She had to admit, it was always strange to be the head scientist when McCullogh, the oldest of her crew, was more than twice as old as her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Admiral Kirok announcing to the group that they were going to intentionally head out to the Delta Quadrant. She had read all about Janeway and her crew's adventures down there. And she was rather excited. Lot of science to be done over there, and she couldn't wait.

[Bridge - Backpost]

Alex laughed, counting back on his fingers. "Wouldn't be my first time, I'm afraid. Now, I've got three times the ship to ding up at once though...could be a record." He indicated their surroundings as it began to fill up with bridge crew and senior officers. "In all seriousness though, we'll be shipping out with far less crew than Discovery formerly carried. In my opinion, we can't afford to specialize. When we've got some time, I'd like to discuss a plan with you and the other department heads about cross training our staff, at least ensuring they are competent in all basic skills if required to perform."

Lennox Ainsley

[Armoury > Bridge]

Lennox had arrived, along with the rest of the crowd, trying not to lose himself in the new ship. It was difficult, but it seemed that the others had some semblance of knowing where they were to be - the Scotsman raised a brow, a grin tugging at the corner of his lips as he stepped on board the ship. However, it had faded once the images of the disintegrated minister had shown up, seared into his mind - the anger, the confusion, the devastation to what he had witnessed - along with the rest of the away team.

Quote from: Kirok on September 01, 2017, 04:11:36 PM

[Bridge]

Lennox had stood to the side, watching Kirok as he addressed everyone. He took in the information, knowing that in someway, his job was going to get a lot harder with the increase in firepower - as well as the fact he would have plenty of reading to catch up on. A pensive expression took hold of his features as he listened.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Demlion Riverbank V

[new bridge]

The Vorta nodded his head to the renegade Borg. It was good to see him. He was nice enough to assist him to find a seat for the arena. His bright eyes turned to look at Wu. The feeling of something was amiss which was not miss by the Vorta. Now if Wu was speaking toward him. He would possible sense what he was feeling. However his snobbish smirk was still on as he had his attention to the Admiral who was admiring his staff that was on his bridge. The excitement was heard loud and clear.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.