Author Topic: I'll Scratch Your Back...  (Read 501 times)

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll Scratch Your Back...
« on: August 25, 2017, 10:53:18 pm »
(This is also a working title. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" seemed a bit too long, but that's the principle I was going for.)

Mission Title: I'll Scratch Your Back

Synopsis: While on a mission to arrest a dangerous criminal who has been sighted in the sector, The USS ShipName finds themselves dealing with a ship full of Ferengi who got caught trying to bamboozle some Klingons and expect the Federation to protect them. The Ferengi saw ShipName coming, and already told the Klingons that they're in some kind of Star Fleet witness protection program. Now they want the ShipName's crew to keep them from getting killed, because the Klingons will only believe their con as long as we support them. In return for ShipName's help, the Ferengi swear they will hand over the criminal ShipName was sent to apprehend, who they had planned to turn in for bounty. Not only that, but the Klingon crew is already on edge. The Ferengi were cheating them on a part necessary to keep their ship running and they'll take out anyone who gets in their way, even the Federation ship.

Now, the USS ShipName is caught in the middle of the shady negotiations. If they want to help the Ferengi they will have to make up a whole crime for them to have witnessed, fake all the documents, and tie it back to the criminal they were hunting...and also make it worth the Klingons' while to cooperate. On the other hand, they can try to side with the Klingon ship, but since the Ferengi have already claimed an alliance with ShipName, and they really do have the criminal that ShipName was sent to retrieve, it will be difficult to convince the Klingons they aren't in on the con, and actually want to help repair the ship.

Starting Point: Finding the two ships in a stalemate, and get hailed by the Ferengi first.

End Goal: Find a semi-peaceful resolution that benefits all three parties. Easy, right?

Story points that must be passed?:

-Find the two ships
-Get both sides of the story
-Try to put together the truth out of those two very different explanations
-Choose whom to side with (or neither)
*If Ferengi; fake necessary information to make it appear they were really witnesses
*If Klingons, figure out how to get them that part (or possibly multiple parts, or vital medication; something important)
-If not taking sides, you may do both or neither of the asterisks above
-Work out a solution that also completes the original mission--to apprehend that criminal.
-Make the plan actually happen, however insane it may be, and however bumpy the ride.
-Bring the criminal to the nearest detention zone for trial.

Departments: (To make sure everyone has something to do.)

- Flight: Fly the ship to and from the conflict, possibly some fancy maneuvering if things go south. General debate and problem solving skills.

- Engineering: Check on the Klingon ship, whether in person or at a distance, evaluate the replacement parts the Ferengi were selling. General debate and problem solving skills.

- Operations: Manage the flurry of communications in and out of the ship, possibly beam visitors (or prisoners) in and out. General debate and problem solving skills.

- Security and tactical: Try to evaluate the possibility of attack by the Klingons, provide safety for crew during negotiations. General debate and problem solving skills.

- Medical: Evaluate the prisoner to make sure it's really the person you are looking for, and that the Ferengi are taking good care of their 'merchandise,' may also have crew to treat if things escalate to
violence. General debate and problem solving skills.

- Science: Help find a solutions to all the problems, may assist in faking the false case the Ferengi 'witnessed' if taking that route, or in finding a better solution for the Klingons if taking that route. General debate and problem solving skills.

(I have added debate and problem solving to all categories because I have a feeling the crew would be divided on how to best solve things. This isn't an easy matter to resolve, considering that at the start none of the parties has what they need, and none are very willing to cooperate or compromise.)

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles