Author Topic: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)  (Read 18357 times)

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cultural Appreciation Fair (open to anyone)
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 02:58:11 pm »
[Jumja Stick Stand]

Arrun waved off any payment by the Germanic gentleman, commenting only, "no charge, just happy to share my love of jumja sticks for the fair."

Not long after, the German gentleman's family encountered a lady, who was identified as an ensign and introduced herself as Knox, who addressed the German gentleman as commander.

Whatever nerves he had about having just served a senior officer one of his jumja sticks was calmed by Knox knowing what a jumja was on sight. Not a so rare sight anymore since the war, but comforting to not feel quite so alien aboard the station. It didn't hurt that Knox's voice was pleasant as she appeared.

Arrun blinked his eyes a bit to refocus on something and found that he could be sorting the flavors better. Shifting them around to appear less clinical and categorical instead for a more festive arrangement, with the colors mixed and matched as the glops stuck out of his counter like gooey flowers. It also helped that her attention was toward the Commander's rather adorable family and not him. Praise to the Prophets for the cuteness of children. He thought to himself in silent prayer.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »
[Upper Promenade]
Tritter pondered over the Ensign's questiom of him, he than replied with "It is interesting to say the least, the kids are enjoying it. How about yourself?" His heavily accented voice was smooth but the Germanaic accent did have some harsh tones to it as he spoke.

Ryan would than offer her his right hand after he shifted the stick to his left hand, he grinned a bjt and said, "I am Ryan, nice to meet yoy" His voice was smooth, carrying a slight southern accent.

Tritter than noticed Knox kneel down infront of his young son, he put his large left hand on his son's back to reassure him that it is ok. He nudged into his Dad's leg, but he replied with "My name is Christopher, what is yours?" Their young daughter watched the exchange with a wide eyed curiousity as she licked the Jumja stick she had.

Knox was not quite sure if the 'how about yourself?' was a subtle order to quickly answer 'great' and then go away! Though, she still smiled, the Commander's husband was delightful as she happily accepted his hand. He was so warm and genuine, and she could imagine how he brought out the good in anyone.

"I enjoyed the Thalian dark chocolate mousse immensely, though hoping to get a glimpse of the renowned Orion dancers at some point in the evening."

"It is a pleasure, Ryan. I can imagine your home is always busy. How do you find living on the Station?"

She could not tell if all of the children nearby were theirs or not.

"Hello Christopher, that is a good strong name. Would you like to know a secret? My name is Katharoz, and Sirzi, Darzem, Jorzan and Izu, and Nazar. Some find it hard to remember, so to make it easier, I am Knox."

The little boy was just adorable.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 08:19:52 am by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2017, 12:53:46 am »
[Upper Promenade]
Knox was not quite sure if the 'how about yourself?' was a subtle order to quickly answer 'great' and then go away! Though, she still smiled, the Commander's husband was delightful as she happily accepted his hand. He was so warm and genuine, and she could imagine how he brought ou

"I enjoyed the Thalian dark chocolate mousse immensely, though hoping to get a glimpse of the renowned Orion dancers at some point in the evening."

"It is an a pleasure, Ryan. I can imagine your home is always busy. How do you find living on the Station?"

She could not tell if all of the children nearby were theirs or not.

"Hello Christopher, that is a good strong name. Would you like to know a secret? My name is Katharoz, and Sirzi, Darzem, Jorzan and Izu, and Nazar. Some find it hard to remember, so to make it easier, I am Knox."

The little boy was just adorable.

[Location: Upper Promenade]

Ryan shook her hand firmly but politely. The man perked up slightly with the mention of chocolate. He than grinned a bit when she said that. He than stated the following "Where did you get that?" His tone was a bit more enthuastic, he was a huge chocoholic.

Once she finished the rest of her statement, he took a moment and replied with the following "The kiddos do keep us busy, it is definately different, but it has been a huge change, but I am getting used to it."

Chris remained nuzzled in tight to Tritter's thigh, the large man kneeled down and gently guided his son towards Knox, he was trying to help boost his quiet son's confidence, he gently used his large left hand to guide him one step closter to Knox, which wad a huge step for the quiet child.

The young boy smiled slightly, he held on tightly to the stick with his left hand. The young boy than said "Hello Knox, friend of dad's, what do you do do here?" The young boy was trying to make conversation.

Ashley in the mean time, she had been standing next to Ryan but she tugged on his pant leg. Ryan immediately knew what she wanted. He scooped up the young girl, holding her up with his muscular right arm. She than was licking her stick, as was Ryan, as they watched the exchange between his Son, his Husband and Knox.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2017, 08:55:36 am »
[Upper Promenade]

Ryan shook her hand firmly but politely. The man perked up slightly with the mention of chocolate. He than grinned a bit when she said that. He than stated the following "Where did you get that?" His tone was a bit more enthuastic, he was a huge chocoholic.

Once she finished the rest of her statement, he took a moment and replied with the following "The kiddos do keep us busy, it is definately different, but it has been a huge change, but I am getting used to it."

The young boy smiled slightly, he held on tightly to the stick with his left hand. The young boy than said "Hello Knox, friend of dad's, what do you do do here?" The young boy was trying to make conversation.

Ashley in the mean time, she had been standing next to Ryan but she tugged on his pant leg. Ryan immediately knew what she wanted. He scooped up the young girl, holding her up with his muscular right arm. She than was licking her stick, as was Ryan, as they watched the exchange between his Son, his Husband and Knox.

Knox nodded in agreement with Ryan about the Station being different. Though their children seemed well adjusted and at ease with all the cultures around them. Impressive parenting skills. It had been several lifetimes ago since Knox had had a family. Jorzan's little boy came into her mind, she never wanted to leave them again.

"I also enjoy chocolate! If you go straight and turn left by the Enaran musicians it is right in front."

She bent back down again to answer her other question.

"I am the Department Head of Operations. What that really means is that I read many many reports! I like analyzing and making things more efficient, better. And, I like knowing everything that is happening both on and off the Station. So, lots and lots of reading! Not as strong as your Daddies. Do you want to be as strong as them when you grow up?"

She stood up, her knees were complaining! And, smiled at the girl in her Dad's arms.

"What would you like to be?"

Knox was enjoying getting to know the Commander's family, she only hoped that he did not mind! You could never quite tell if he was happy or unhappy, pleased or displeased. It was that thick German accent....

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2017, 09:24:10 am »
[Upper Promenade]

Knox nodded in agreement with Ryan about the Station being different. Though their children seemed well adjusted and at ease with all the cultures around them. Impressive parenting skills. It had been several lifetimes ago since Knox had had a family. Jorzan's little boy came into her mind, she never wanted to leave them again.

"I also enjoy chocolate! If you go straight and turn left by the Enaran musicians it is right in front."

She bent back down again to answer her other question.

"I am the Department Head of Operations. What that really means is that I read many many reports! I like analyzing and making things more efficient, better. And, I like knowing everything that is happening both on and off the Station. So, lots and lots of reading! Not as strong as your Daddies. Do you want to be as strong as them when you grow up?"

She stood up, her knees were complaining! And, smiled at the girl in her Dad's arms.

"What would you like to be?"

Knox was enjoying getting to know the Commander's family, she only hoped that he did not mind! You could never quite tell if he was happy or unhappy, pleased or displeased. It was that thick German accent....

Ryan chuckled a bit and replied with, "I guess we know our next stop... I have a feeling we are going to end up with some over sugared children" The child in his arm laughed and ruffled Ryan's short hair, he chuckled a bit at her and gave her a playful tug of her pony tail in return.

Chris pondered over her question, he than nodded his reply followed by a quiet "That sounds like it would make you tired. I hope I will be big and strong one day Miss Knox" he looked over towards Tritter for a moment who reassured his young quiet son with, "You will just have to make sure to eat your wheaties" He chuckled quietly at his young son.

Ashley on the other hand was more bubbly and outgoing, she grinned widely at Knox, she than replied with, "I want to be a Doctor, like Daddy Ryan" Ryan chuckled a bit at their Daughter. Tritter than scooped up their Son and rose to his feet, his demeanor was still it's usual intense nature, but he seemed a bit more relaxed and calm, he actually seemed to enjoy this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:29:48 pm by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2017, 02:46:34 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

Ryan chuckled a bit and replied with, "I guess we know our next stop... I have a feeling we are going to end up with some over sugared children" The child in his arm laughed and ruffled Ryan's short hair, he chuckled a bit at her and gave her a playful tug of her pony tail in return.

Chris pondered.over her question, he than nodded his reply followed by a quiet "That sounds like it would make you tired. I hope I will be big and strong one day Miss Knox" he looked over towards Tritter for a moment who reassured his young quiet son with, "You will just have to make sure to eat your wheaties" He chuckled quietly at his young son.

Ashley on the other hand was more bubbly and outgoing, she grinned widely at Knox, she than replied with, "I want to be a Doctor, like Daddy Ryan" Ryan chuckled a bit at their Daughter. Tritter than scooped up their Son and rose to his feet, his demeanor was still it's usual intense nature, but he seemed a bit more relaxed and calm, he actually seemed to enjoy this.

"That is a good aim. I believe you shall as long as you eat your 'Wheaties'."

Knox nodded towards his Dads though not really knowing what a Wheatie actually was.

"A Doctor! Impressive. I have never been a medic. Tell me, Doctor-in-training. I am joined Trill. Do you know what is inside my belly? You are allowed to confer with your colleague, Daddy Doctor Ryan."

After her response, Knox went on to ask further the very brigh girl more questions. She loved inquisitive minds. The Tritters were quickly becoming her favourite family on the Station!

"Humanoid hands are feet are extremely similar, pretty much identical in terms of bones, however one of them has an extra bone. Which one is it?"

"Name is the smallest bone in the humanoid body, where is it found and what is its purpose?"

"What cells are produced in the bone marrow?"

Looking to her Dads and smiling, she added.

"Btw, I have heard that the cultural appreciation fair also has home-grown roasted bovine bone marrow from Earth that is just delicious. Would you like to pass by to see the kinds of bones they use?"

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 10:29:04 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

"That is a good aim. I believe you shall as long as you eat your 'Wheaties'."

Knox nodded towards his Dads though not really knowing what a Wheatie actually was.

"A Doctor! Impressive. I have never been a medic. Tell me, Doctor-in-training. I am joined Trill. Do you know what is inside my belly? You are allowed to confer with your colleague, Daddy Doctor Ryan."

After her response, Knox went on to ask further the very brigh girl more questions. She loved inquisitive minds. The Tritters were quickly becoming her favourite family on the Station!

"Humanoid hands are feet are extremely similar, pretty much identical in terms of bones, however one of them has an extra bone. Which one is it?"

"Name is the smallest bone in the humanoid body, where is it found and what is its purpose?"

"What cells are produced in the bone marrow?"

Looking to her Dads and smiling, she added.

"Btw, I have heard that the cultural appreciation fair also has home-grown roasted bovine bone marrow from Earth that is just delicious. Would you like to pass by to see the kinds of bones they use?"

Tritter found Knox's lack of understanding over the human euphemism slightly amusing, the large man chuckled quietly. Their young Daughter however was curious and focused on Knox. The blue eyed, brown haired child shook her head slightly to Knox, she than replied with "No Miss, I am not familiar with that", she than looked over towards Ryan for clarification. Truth be told, Ryan was not super familiar with it, his specialty was Neurosurgery and Trauma medicine. He also decided to follow in his Father's footsteps and become a cop, but he still worked on a per-diem basis as a Trauma/Neurosurgeon for a level one trauma facility back on earth.

He has a rudimentary understanding of what Knox was speaking of. He took a moment to formulate an answer that was age appropriate to the six year old child. He than replied to the child in his arm's with the following, "Honey that means she has a symbiont inside her" Ashley looked at her Ryan curiously, than looked over Knox in a curious way. The young child was pretty good with the science stuff and she knew exactly what her Dad meant. She than replied with "Thats very cool Miss Knox!"

Ashley pondered over the question for the moment, she knew her Daddy taught her this one, but it took her a few moments to dig it out from her memory. She than grinned and said "The hand! Daddy showed me in an anatomy book!" She was very bubbly and it was a topic that she really enjoyed. She than pondered the next question, the quizzical look on her face indicated that she did not know, but she looked curiously at her Dad for the answer, as she knew that he would know it. Ryan smiled at her, "Honey, we have not talked much about the ear, but it is the Stapes or Stirrup in the ear" Ashley than looked back to Knox and said "What Daddy said!" She was confident in her tone, as she knew her Dad was right.

She than pondered the next question, she replied with a bubbly sounding "Blood cells!" Those are what the child knew was made in there and she was only six, so her Dad kept the lessons in anatomy in an age appropriate level that would not frustrate or overwhelm the youngster.

The young girl than looked curiously at Knox... She thought it was a bit curious how someone would eat marrow, that sounded highly unappetizing, but she would like to see the different bones. She than asked her Dad "Can I see the bones please?" Her tone was bit pleading, to which he laughed and said, "You are the only female I can't say no to" He grinned at her and gently tugged her pony tail, to which the young girl giggled widely. She than hugged her Dad tight around the neck. Not long after, Tritter scooped up their young Son and rose to his feet. He than looked towards Knox, his heavily accented voice was calm, and he actually seemed a bit more... light-hearted than most would be used to seeing him, he than said "Well than, lead the way" to Knox, although his accent made him sound angry even though he wasn't, he wasn't always the angry grumpy pants everyone thought the Executive Officer to be.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2017, 02:38:52 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

Tritter found Knox's lack of understanding over the human euphemism slightly amusing, the large man chuckled quietly. Their young Daughter however was curious and focused on Knox. The blue eyed, brown haired child shook her head slightly to Knox, she than replied with "No Miss, I am not familiar with that", she than looked over towards Ryan for clarification. Truth be told, Ryan was not super familiar with it, his specialty was Neurosurgery and Trauma medicine. He also decided to follow in his Father's footsteps and become a cop, but he still worked on a per-diem basis as a Trauma/Neurosurgeon for a level one trauma facility back on earth.

He has a rudimentary understanding of what Knox was speaking of. He took a moment to formulate an answer that was age appropriate to the six year old child. He than replied to the child in his arm's with the following, "Honey that means she has a symbiont inside her" Ashley looked at her Ryan curiously, than looked over Knox in a curious way. The young child was pretty good with the science stuff and she knew exactly what her Dad meant. She than replied with "Thats very cool Miss Knox!"

"I like to think so."

Looking to Chris and pointing to her belly, she whispered, "A large worm. Right here!"

Ashley pondered over the question for the moment, she knew her Daddy taught her this one, but it took her a few moments to dig it out from her memory. She than grinned and said "The hand! Daddy showed me in an anatomy book!" She was very bubbly and it was a topic that she really enjoyed. She than pondered the next question, the quizzical look on her face indicated that she did not know, but she looked curiously at her Dad for the answer, as she knew that he would know it. Ryan smiled at her, "Honey, we have not talked much about the ear, but it is the Stapes or Stirrup in the ear" Ashley than looked back to Knox and said "What Daddy said!" She was confident in her tone, as she knew her Dad was right.

She than pondered the next question, she replied with a bubbly sounding "Blood cells!" Those are what the child knew was made in there and she was only six, so her Dad kept the lessons in anatomy in an age appropriate level that would not frustrate or overwhelm the youngster.

"Excellent. Full marks! I can see that the future of the Federation is in safe hands."

Looking to her Dads, Knox added.

"You two are going to have your hands full keeping this one's insatiable appetite for knowledge satisfied!"

The young girl than looked curiously at Knox... She thought it was a bit curious how someone would eat marrow, that sounded highly unappetizing, but she would like to see the different bones. She than asked her Dad "Can I see the bones please?" Her tone was bit pleading, to which he laughed and said, "You are the only female I can't say no to" He grinned at her and gently tugged her pony tail, to which the young girl giggled widely. She than hugged her Dad tight around the neck. Not long after, Tritter scooped up their young Son and rose to his feet. He than looked towards Knox, his heavily accented voice was calm, and he actually seemed a bit more... light-hearted than most would be used to seeing him, he than said "Well than, lead the way" to Knox, although his accent made him sound angry even though he wasn't, he wasn't always the angry grumpy pants everyone thought the Executive Officer to be.

Knox was delighted, though did everything in her power to not respond to the Commander with 'Yes, Sir.' She reasoned that Ryan knew his husband well enough to tell the different between his angry voice and the usual grumpy or really angry voice. He could have put forward visiting the Thalian chocolate mousse first, but he hadn't.

"My pleasure."

[Jumja Stick Stand]
Arrun blinked his eyes a bit to refocus on something and found that he could be sorting the flavors better. Shifting them around to appear less clinical and categorical instead for a more festive arrangement, with the colors mixed and matched as the glops stuck out of his counter like gooey flowers. It also helped that her attention was toward the Commander's rather adorable family and not him. Praise to the Prophets for the cuteness of children. He thought to himself in silent prayer.

As Knox lead the way, she noticed the colorful arrangement of Jumja Sticks.

"Beautiful. They look too exquisite to eat!"

Walking along, all of her senses were taking in the atmosphere. They arrived at the 'Peter Lugers Bones' and the smell was just delicious.

"They look amazing. Shall certainly be trying, but first do you also have any raw bones to look at please?"

It was not the usual request, and the shorter gentleman shook his head. However, the taller standing at the back in a stained blue apron obliged when he saw the Commander.

Knox could tell that some of them had been replicated. The buffer patterns were based on animals that were much much larger. When traditionally prepared, younger animals are utilized thus there was a marked difference in the shape of the bones. They must have been running out.

"Where do you think these came from the cow?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:43:33 pm by Katharoz Knox »

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »
[Promenade]

Leanna smiled as Jenna said that she would love to play in Puzzles and when she mentioned borrowing a keyboard until she got her own and that she would need a drummer she knew exactly who to ask. " Brilliant Jenna, don't worry about the keyboard as we have a spare and as for a drummer that's not a problem as we have a house band and I think you'll get on well with them" Leanna replied.

Again it wasn't difficult being in such close proximity to pick up on Jenna's thoughts " In fact once we're finished exploring the fair I can take you to meet them and a certain person might be there well if she values her job she will be " she said jokingly then her tone changed " I understand though if you don't want to see her but first let's have some fun and I've heard that they're selling jumja sticks nearby".

[ Promenade ]

"I would love to play. In fact.... Let's have me play once we get back to Puzzles. In the meantime the Jumja sticks sound wonderful," Jenna said with a smile. Finally getting a chance to talk to Leanna alone was nice. Seeing as Molly went off to do her own thing left Jenna some time to clear her head. The thought of performing again both scared her, but excited her. She hadn't played guitar for a crowd in a long time. She was looking forward to it. She shifted her weight so that she could carry things easier. With all her equipment, she knew getting a cart would be needed soon.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2017, 04:51:58 am »
[ Promenade ]

"I would love to play. In fact.... Let's have me play once we get back to Puzzles. In the meantime the Jumja sticks sound wonderful," Jenna said with a smile. Finally getting a chance to talk to Leanna alone was nice. Seeing as Molly went off to do her own thing left Jenna some time to clear her head. The thought of performing again both scared her, but excited her. She hadn't played guitar for a crowd in a long time. She was looking forward to it. She shifted her weight so that she could carry things easier. With all her equipment, she knew getting a cart would be needed soon.

"Wonderful I look forward to hearing you play and they do I must admit it will be the first time that I'll have tried them but then again I'm always open to trying new things " Leanna replied with a slight grin. She was enjoying Jenna's company and being away from the bar even if it was for only an hour or two and knew the only reason she would be contacted if there was any trouble then again with Seamus, Alex and Marcus about there was no chance of that.

She also noticed Jenna shifting her weight with the gear she was carrying and thought of a solution " Before we try the jumja sticks how about we drop your stuff off at the bar and I'll help you carry it" she offered reaching for the amp and picked it up carefully.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2017, 10:46:05 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

"I like to think so."

Looking to Chris and pointing to her belly, she whispered, "A large worm. Right here!"

"Excellent. Full marks! I can see that the future of the Federation is in safe hands."

Looking to her Dads, Knox added.

"You two are going to have your hands full keeping this one's insatiable appetite for knowledge satisfied!"

Knox was delighted, though did everything in her power to not respond to the Commander with 'Yes, Sir.' She reasoned that Ryan knew his husband well enough to tell the different between his angry voice and the usual grumpy or really angry voice. He could have put forward visiting the Thalian chocolate mousse first, but he hadn't.

"My pleasure."

As Knox lead the way, she noticed the colorful arrangement of Jumja Sticks.

"Beautiful. They look too exquisite to eat!"

Walking along, all of her senses were taking in the atmosphere. They arrived at the 'Peter Lugers Bones' and the smell was just delicious.

"They look amazing. Shall certainly be trying, but first do you also have any raw bones to look at please?"

It was not the usual request, and the shorter gentleman shook his head. However, the taller standing at the back in a stained blue apron obliged when he saw the Commander.

Knox could tell that some of them had been replicated. The buffer patterns were based on animals that were much much larger. When traditionally prepared, younger animals are utilized thus there was a marked difference in the shape of the bones. They must have been running out.

"Where do you think these came from the cow?"

Chris looked Knox curiously, his eyes kind of boggled, he than looked at his Dad for reassurance. He was a bit confused for him, Tritter nodded slightly to his Son, trying to reassure the young child that it's going to be ok. Ashley than looked over Knox curiously as well, she grinned a bit and said "Thats very neat!" She than looked at Daddy Ryan for a moment and than back to Knox. Once Knox spoke, Tritter looked towards Ryan for a moment, before Ryan replied with, "That we do, but she keeps us on our toes" He chuckled at the end of his statement.

Ryan and Tritter followed Knox to where she was leading them. Each of the two men were holding a child, Ryan had Ashley and Tritter had Christopher. They followed her to the bones stand, Tritter that it was strange, but he had a feeling with where she was going with it. Ryan than came over with Ashley, he wanted to let her get a chance to look at the bones. Ashley looked at the bones for a few minutes, she than shook her head, she than replied with "Miss Knox, I don't know" The young one did not know much about cow anatomy.

Offline E'Veece Septimus

• Suspended Account
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2017, 01:01:32 pm »
[Lower Promenade]

Chuckling, Alex gestured down at himself, wearing a conservatively coloured pair of slacks and plaid short sleeves. "I'm on shore leave, this is good enough as a uniform." He smiled goodnaturedly. "I've spent over a decade wearing Starfleet red, and sometimes, I need to get away from the job. You might feel the same way someday..."

"That sounds great, whereabouts is it?"

OOC: I've had the flu over the weekend and RL work has had me exhausted. You deserve a better poster than me. Sorry for keeping you.

The Romulaness fidgeted for a moment, seeming to drop a facade. For a moment, maybe the inner E'Veece Septimus bled through. She hated Vulcans, so one might say it were ironic that she spent the majority of her public time concealing her true self.

She remembered a trauma, a childhood betrayal. A hard lesson learned about what would happen if one let the wrong person too close, to let them know too much. To let anyone too close or let them know too much.

"Actually......! I think I remember something I forgot to take care of earlier! It's been fun, Commander!"

With that, she hurried off through the crowd.

(Exit E'Veece)

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2017, 02:06:15 pm »
[Jumja Stick Stand, Upper Promenade]

Arrun stretched his arms and then rolled his shoulders a bit as he stood at his stand. He was happy the Germanic Commander's family had enjoyed their sticks; not even a single complaint. It was also always nice to see non-Bajoran kids enjoying the treats as much as he recalled kids of Bajor enjoying them. Though, it was a little bemused at not having a chance to have chatted with the pleasant Trill woman who had met up with them.

"As if I am going to be here all that long to even get to know her." He muttered to himself with a shake of his head.

With no-one at his stand at the moment, he looked around at the other stalls, waved a to a cute couple nearby that were selling some Andorian jewelry not too far away. He reminded himself to go buy one for his Father when he was done; Father did enjoy a nice Andorian ring for what he called his "civilian uniform". Arrun wasn't sure why Father bothered collecting so many of them, given he only wore them for special occasions at the colony.

"Though every shade is blue, every shade is unique." He said aloud, recalling some childhood memory of his Father telling him why he liked his rings so much.

Arrun then shook his head from pondering and looked around for any other patrons.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2017, 07:15:13 pm »
[Upper Promenade]

Chris looked Knox curiously, his eyes kind of boggled, he than looked at his Dad for reassurance. He was a bit confused for him, Tritter nodded slightly to his Son, trying to reassure the young child that it's going to be ok. Ashley than looked over Knox curiously as well, she grinned a bit and said "Thats very neat!" She than looked at Daddy Ryan for a moment and than back to Knox. Once Knox spoke, Tritter looked towards Ryan for a moment, before Ryan replied with, "That we do, but she keeps us on our toes" He chuckled at the end of his statement.

Ryan and Tritter followed Knox to where she was leading them. Each of the two men were holding a child, Ryan had Ashley and Tritter had Christopher. They followed her to the bones stand, Tritter that it was strange, but he had a feeling with where she was going with it. Ryan than came over with Ashley, he wanted to let her get a chance to look at the bones. Ashley looked at the bones for a few minutes, she than shook her head, she than replied with "Miss Knox, I don't know" The young one did not know much about cow anatomy.

"No problem. They are the largest and thickest bones. Have to be sturdy enough to take all of the weight. The femur. It is the only bone in the thigh."

Knox asked for one serving. The hot large bone split into two before her. She happily placed some of the warm and meaty smelling mixture onto the toasted bread and a little of the caramelized tart onion. It was just as good as her memory on Earth.

"Would you like to try?"

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2017, 07:52:48 pm »
"Wonderful I look forward to hearing you play and they do I must admit it will be the first time that I'll have tried them but then again I'm always open to trying new things " Leanna replied with a slight grin. She was enjoying Jenna's company and being away from the bar even if it was for only an hour or two and knew the only reason she would be contacted if there was any trouble then again with Seamus, Alex and Marcus about there was no chance of that.

She also noticed Jenna shifting her weight with the gear she was carrying and thought of a solution " Before we try the jumja sticks how about we drop your stuff off at the bar and I'll help you carry it" she offered reaching for the amp and picked it up carefully.

[ Promenade ]

Jenna smiled when she heard Leanna suggesting her drop her effects at Puzzles. It made sense because she was going to be playing there later anyway. They made their way quickly to Puzzles. It was there she spotted Eliana. It had been a while since she stormed off and hadn't had the chance to speak to her. She saw the woman was busy so she decided speaking to her later would be best.

It didn't take the pair long to make it back to the promenade. Jenna was just finished telling the story about a camping trip her and Caleb took. She was telling Leanna about the wildlife and how she enjoyed being in nature. "Great place for cliff diving.... Went there once with a ex. It's quiet enough for skinny dipping too,"Jenna said. By then they were waiting in line for the food that Leanna suggested they try.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles