Season 12 Mission Ideas

Started by Kirok, August 19, 2017, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Team,

I'm kicking this post off to help us fill up the slots for season 12.

The current mission will have a big ending that will result in the destruction of the old Akira class ship.

The second mission will have the new Prometheus class ship!!!

This will be a rebuilding season for us.  Kirok, Tekin, and Kali will be working on their new relationships as a team.  And we will be adding new people as we are are.

With that in mind, we want to emphasize teamwork and collaboration in the missions to come.  That starts with getting ideas from you.  And allowing you to help guide the stories along!

At a minimum we need 8 more stories to fill in the slots.  If we have less, I can pull some out of my hat.  If we have more, we can start planning for Season 13 or have them be holodecks.

So who would like to go first!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kinley Garrison

So, I wrote this a while ago and I think this would be a fun mission. What do you think?

http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Alexander Wu

I would suggest we peruse some of the missions from the submission thread, alot of them are pretty interesting.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on September 01, 2017, 11:55:16 AM

So, I wrote this a while ago and I think this would be a fun mission. What do you think?

http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Kinley,

Can you tell us more about the idea?

Why/how do tension run high between the crew?

What do we know about the inhabitants that live close to sun?
Is this a canon species - perhaps someone from the Delta Quad (last season on Voyager)?

The current mission should be very medical/science based.

I like the CME idea, but would it be better to have something between the current and your mission?

Also, doe it impact your idea given that the Prometheus is a tactical/attack ship opposed to a science vessel?

What do you think?

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 03, 2017, 10:16:18 AM

I would suggest we peruse some of the missions from the submission thread, alot of them are pretty interesting.

I actually never look at the mission submission board as I want the ideas to be create my the current crew on the ship.

But if you see one that is really great, we could definitely consider it ;-)

Kinley Garrison

So, I'm not thinking for this to happen in the immediate mission after this. it can happen whenever we want.
To clarify, what I know of the species is that they aren't canon that I know of. so we can play with them if we so chose to. (or else, it's a colony. IDK)
The tensions between the people and crew could be cultural, but I'm more thinking they're ticked that there are a lot of vulnerable people who need help and they aren't going fast enough, even though the crew is doing their best.
It wouldn't matter what kind of ship it is. Heck, the splitting apart gig might actually help more people get to safety.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kirok

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on September 14, 2017, 11:19:20 PM

So, I'm not thinking for this to happen in the immediate mission after this. it can happen whenever we want.
To clarify, what I know of the species is that they aren't canon that I know of. so we can play with them if we so chose to. (or else, it's a colony. IDK)
The tensions between the people and crew could be cultural, but I'm more thinking they're ticked that there are a lot of vulnerable people who need help and they aren't going fast enough, even though the crew is doing their best.
It wouldn't matter what kind of ship it is. Heck, the splitting apart gig might actually help more people get to safety.

Ok - as we flesh out more details, specifically about the species,
I think we should start considering other ideas for our next mission.

One idea that is bouncing around in my head is

'Wolves in Talaxian cloathing'

The basic concept is that the Talaxian have become space pirates.  Stealing from the Liberated Borg and others.  We go to look them up because their camp is supposed close by.

They can take us all hostage.   Maybe they try to steal the ship.  We have to fight to get away.   

Alexander Wu

Raid of Paradise by Arrun Dihsar, I think would be perfect for Discovery, especially with her new capabilities.

Faith and Duty by Rhymus Cleroux, with the amount of Bajorans onboard, historically a very religious race, I think this plot could really stimulate character development and progression.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kirok

Quote from: Alexander Wu on September 19, 2017, 01:02:49 AM

Raid of Paradise by Arrun Dihsar, I think would be perfect for Discovery, especially with her new capabilities.

Faith and Duty by Rhymus Cleroux, with the amount of Bajorans onboard, historically a very religious race, I think this plot could really stimulate character development and progression.

I could see Faith and Duty working.

Kirok has had some recent dealing with the Temporal Agents/Department
or one of our Bajorans could maybe visit an Orb and get visions.

Thoughts?

Ozal Kesah

[Demeter Society]

Looking for other on the slip/Kobayashi Maru people/mostly women/informants welcome.

Mycelial network / trying to open a stable worm home.

Bajoran gods.

Blah blah blah.

Anyone is welcome.

Discretion required.

Don't tell the capitan!

Kimiko Sugiyama

Hello Captain Kirok,

Can I ask if this is related to ideas for the Discovery, and the whole of shadowfleet, too? It seemed from your first post a big shake up is coming?

Thank you.

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Kimiko Sugiyama on June 22, 2021, 04:45:01 AM

Hello Captain Kirok,

Can I ask if this is related to ideas for the Discovery, and the whole of shadowfleet, too? It seemed from your first post a big shake up is coming?

Thank you.

YES! You can here is a link for submissions for missions.

https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/mission-submission-board/

Nira Said

Technically, Discovery is currently in its fourteenth season, and Tekin Nevir is the current captain, but it's totally understandable to want to post mission ideas exclusive to the season here; I think this thread needs an updating (or there just needs to be a new thread regarding season 14).

Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Kimiko Sugiyama

Oh dear I just noticed the date of the original post. My bad!!!  :-[

In my defence all I can say it wasn't me who resurrected this one, it was Ozal!! I just followed on from his reply, thinking it was a new discussion.  :-\

Sorry again.

Tekin Nevir

No worries. I completely forgot this thread existed.

Specific Ideas to this season's overarching plot (the establishment of the Romulan Free State) can be brought to me directly or in the discussion threads.

Specific ideas for Discovery, including mission ideas, can be posted in the Mission Submission board.  We do check that board regularly for ideas and missions.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.