Author Topic: Amynta Lianez - Reporting In (August 16, 2017)  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amynta Lianez - Reporting In (August 16, 2017)
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:42:15 pm »
Character Details

Character Name: Amynta Lianez
Character Age: 24
Character DOB: December 7th 2372
Character Image: https://68.media.tumblr.com/c435d3585f069ce11372f28f955b25da/tumblr_out416MVWf1uzhaw4o2_r1_540.png (sorry my edit isn't as good as the others, I just didn't want to request an icon for a character that isn't finalized)
Character Species: Trill, unjoined
Character Family: Brother (Younger) Kyra, Parents: Vatren Dari (Mother; joined) and Aten Jirex (Father; joined)
Character Bio:

Amynta grew up in a loving home with both of her parents. They were attentive and kind, but always wanted their daughter to 'do her best.' As a child she was placed into gifted level classes, and even at a young age her parents spoke to her about how she was sure to receive a symbiont if she continued to excel. So, of course, she had to continue to excel. She spent all of her time studying and managed to keep herself close to the top of the class throughout her childhood, and even up until she turned 13.

As she grew, though, her desire to please her parents only grew stronger. In her mind, they loved her because she was good, and if she were to fail, they would abandon her. She could never put her feelings into words when her mother asked her why she was crying over her mathematics homework, but the certainty was there. She worked herself at all hours, tutored younger children, read classics in her 'free' time, and even listened to music she knew that the Symbiosis Commission would approve of.

As she matured, however, it became clear that something had gone wrong. She couldn't sleep, and when she did she dreamed about rejection. Whenever she was criticized she would lose the ability to breathe for a few minutes. She was constantly in a state of panic. But she hid it from her parents, and made sure that the counselor at her boarding school didn't tell them either--after all, she was an adolescent, and she could keep her medical information to herself.

At her mother's urging, she joined a medical school after finishing the required schooling for all children. The school was elite, the best on the planet, and she only got in because her mother was an alumna. She took her classes and passed for the first two years, although it took every ounce of her effort to survive, let alone do well. All the while she was being monitored by the Symbiosis Commission, having her blood taken, being tested. She dragged herself through it all.
But at the end of the second year was the event that made the school so elite--the cut. Anyone who wasn't in the top 20% of the class was degraded from medical studies to nursing or even a general studies degree. Amynta was cut. She broke down in tears in the middle of the assembly when she found out, and had to be hospitalized when the school's doctor tested her blood and found that her neurotransmitters and blood sugar were dangerously out of balance.

She was able to gain certification as a nurse, but that was as much as her mother was able to drag out of the school. Meanwhile, Amynta crashed and burned, hiding away in her room at home and crying for nearly two weeks. They sent in a therapist who came every day for the second week, but never said a word to them, only shaking her head when they asked if Amynta would return.

Finally, when their daughter emerged, it was with a tablet in hand. Her parents were baffled, until they read what was on the screen. A degree in Psychology from a college on Earth that could be obtained 'on line' (whatever that meant, there was no line between Earth and Trill). She explained to her parents what she wanted to do, and why. She wanted to study psychology, to find out what had made her break down. She wanted to help others who felt the way she had, and to find a way to stop it before it happened.

They weren't exactly enthused, but when she joined Star Fleet Academy after finishing her degree 18 months later, they felt a tad better. At least now they could tell their friends that their daughter would be serving as a ship's counselor with Star Fleet...

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I've been rping for about 9 years from pen and paper, to tumblr, to forums... It's been an adventure!
Department Preference: Medical (Counselor)
Secondary Department Preference: Medical (Nurse)
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned, if counselor, Enlisted if Nurse. (If that makes sense, I'm still trying to understand the difference.)

Sample post:

Amynta bit her lip and nervously adjusted her uniform for the eighth time that day. It was finally her first day, and she was even more nervous than the day she had graduated from the Academy. Even after all the courses, and all the people, and all the practice, she couldn't decide if she was really prepared to face an actual patient. Only time would tell, though, and she knew she couldn't procrastinate any longer. It was time to go to work!

"Steady now; you aren't a yilga moth, you're a woman. Keep it together, Amynta," she muttered as she left her quarters.

Additional information:
Please let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or is just plain melodramatic. I've been overthinking this all day and I'm a bit worried that I got carried away.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:55:08 pm by Amynta Lianez »

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Amynta Lianez - Reporting In (August 16, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:01:51 pm »
Amynta,

A very good application.

I can put you on the Shran as a ship counselor, if that will work for you.

Please advise,

Kirok

PS - Who is the actress in your image?  I just want to make sure the face is available for you to use ;-)

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:37:43 pm »
That would be absolutely lovely, thank you, Kirok. The actress is Georgie Henley; thank you for looking out for me!

Ps. I'm glad you enjoyed Amynta, she's a good egg.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:03:37 pm »
That would be absolutely lovely, thank you, Kirok. The actress is Georgie Henley; thank you for looking out for me!

Ps. I'm glad you enjoyed Amynta, she's a good egg.

Georgie Henley is yours!

Please report into (email) James Hawke on the Shran or T'Ra. 

They will get you squared away.

Commissioned is great!   Would you like to start your Officer Training Course right away?

Offline Amynta Lianez

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »

Commissioned is great!   Would you like to start your Officer Training Course right away?

I'd love to begin right away, if that's possible. I don't want to keep anyone from more urgent replies, though, so just let me know if waiting would be better.  Thank you again for all of your help.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:43:11 pm »
I'd love to begin right away, if that's possible. I don't want to keep anyone from more urgent replies, though, so just let me know if waiting would be better.  Thank you again for all of your help.

Great I will ask that it be started for you!

Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles