Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.6: Gender Bender  (Read 8893 times)

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.6: Gender Bender
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »
[Philo - Bay of The Tides]

Arrun crossed the sandy beach in equal measures comfort and unease, wearing his dress uniform akin to his looser priestly vestments -if not far too warm for the climate- and meeting his first CO that wasn't an instructor. Somehow, the warm sun and sandy beach did nothing to make Arrun feel comfortable, he wasn't going to speak with just any senior officer, but an Admiral. His parents had been married by some Admiral or another, he had shaken hands with one, but never thought he'd serve with one. He glanced once again at his PADD bearing his assignment orders, ensuring he did not forget it or somehow grossly misread it.

"The Prophets are not always clear." He muttered half to comfort himself and half to lament his strange situation.

As he looked up from his PADD and saw the gathering of Starfleet uniforms and the Philosians, he was struck a bit baffled. The aliens whom he knew little of from a rather abrupt briefing seemed agitated; the faces did not quite match those in his PADD. But he was told this is where the Rear Admiral would be before he was beamed down. On a glance the scene was tense and uneasy. Suddenly, his worries about making a good first impression seemed small in comparison. Glancing at collars, he was able to pick out the Rear Admiral in the group, who again did not quite look like Rear Admiral Lafayette. Then again, it was just as possible Arrun had made some mistake or gotten an old image of the Admiral somehow.

Arrun did not want to approach, did not want to possibly upset what appeared to be a tense diplomatic moment; however, he took experienced comfort in knowing that sometimes a new friendly face was enough to soften a dispute. So he took a soft deep breath, put on his best warm priestly smile, and walked over to the Rear Admiral.

"Excuse me," he said softly and with a deferential nod of the head to the Philosians before turning his full attention to the Rear Admiral. "Sir, may I presume you are Rear Admiral Lafayette?" He said with his PADD tucked under his left arm and his body just shy of full attention. He thought better to not stand too stiffly or speak too brusquely, given he did not want to add to the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 03:41:48 am by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 10:41:19 am »

Constance herself was about to speak up to offer his own jaw to the Philosians when Kay spoke up. He'd knew he had a honorable spot but not this much. Before Constance could interject Jim'quel nodded it's approval,
She said, the admiral's clinical eyes fixing on him despite an otherwise flat expression. Constance was famous for her bored, flat, expressions and love of paperworks but hawkish eyes- something that translated to her temporarily male form.

She continued, though seemed to be talking less to him and more to the group, Her tone was stoic and matter-of-fact. Jim'quel looked a offended.

Constance said with a small reverent bow that was clearly just a formality,

Jim'quel looked accusingly from Constance to James to the rest of the crew. The security officers looked a bit shocked.

She added in her flat affect.

Jim'quel started to rage but Constance simple raised a hand respectfully to quell his anger.

Constance politely said. Jim'quel's eyes darted around as if to as ‘who told them?' and the other Philosians seemed equally agitated.

The Philosians looked to one another conspiratorially.

There it was, the hawkish gaze now locked on the Philosian leader. Jim'quel the 3rd shrunk under it but said nothing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:42:45 am by Constance Lafayette »

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 12:21:33 pm »

Constance herself was about to speak up to offer his own jaw to the Philosians when Kay spoke up. He'd knew he had a honorable spot but not this much. Before Constance could interject Jim'quel nodded it's approval,
She said, the admiral's clinical eyes fixing on him despite an otherwise flat expression. Constance was famous for her bored, flat, expressions and love of paperworks but hawkish eyes- something that translated to her temporarily male form.

She continued, though seemed to be talking less to him and more to the group, Her tone was stoic and matter-of-fact. Jim'quel looked a offended.

Constance said with a small reverent bow that was clearly just a formality,

Jim'quel looked accusingly from Constance to James to the rest of the crew. The security officers looked a bit shocked.

She added in her flat affect.

Jim'quel started to rage but Constance simple raised a hand respectfully to quell his anger.

Constance politely said. Jim'quel's eyes darted around as if to as ‘who told them?' and the other Philosians seemed equally agitated.

The Philosians looked to one another conspiratorially.

There it was, the hawkish gaze now locked on the Philosian leader. Jim'quel the 3rd shrunk under it but said nothing.

[Philo - Bay of Tides]

Arrun blinked at the flat greeting by the Admiral, including the assertion that he was late. Was he really that late? Was he supposed to have caught an earlier shuttle to meet up with the Athena? Did he already make a bad...wait, did Layfayette say return to their bodies? These questions raced in his mind, but he was given a rather direct order to prepare a shuttle. So he focused on that, he would have time for questions and being thoroughly confused later.

"Yes, sir." He replied instead, bowing his head ever so slightly to the Admiral as he backed away a couple steps before turning away, striding a little ways away from the diplomatic showdown going on. Once he was sure he would not be disturbing any senior officers, which was almost everyone, he pulled his PADD out from under his arm and tapped at it.

He set aside his assignment orders, bringing up the files he had access to regarding the Athena's crew and shuttle manifests. "Right, that was his name." Arrun glanced back at the crowd but did not see Lt. Scott; unlike the Admiral, there was more than one officer with lieutenant pips. "That would be easier," he muttered as he turned to walk toward one of the many shuttles arrayed on the beach. He then tapped his commbadge,

=/\=Ensign Arrun to Lieutenant Scott, the Admiral has asked me to prepare the shuttles for launch. I am approaching one now, but I wanted to verify if my access codes were valid to access the shuttlecraft controls.=/\=
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:23:44 pm by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »
[Philo - Bay of the Tides]

Maybe it was a small part of her true self that prevented Kay from letting go of Cal's hand as they waited for Jim'quel to respond to his offer of him being the one to suffer the broken jaw instead of his officers who had originally caused the festivities to turn sour. However they didn't have to wait long for him to nod his approval and deep down knew that this wasn't agreed lightly and wanted it to be over with so they could continue with getting their original genders back and signing the treaty.

But then just as new officer unaffected by the change approached the Captain things changed again when he addressed Jim'quel and told them that Kay wouldn't be getting his jaw broken and called him out on what he believed was a test and from the Philosian's reaction and them suddenly going quiet it all began to make sense and had to admit he loved the Captain's ability to get the truth. At the same time he didn't know whether to be angry or not but then he thought of Cal and how he was always a calming influence on her.

Turning to the one he loved he looked at her " Looks like you don't have to use your healing hands on me " he said quietly with a slight grin " And as much as this experience has given me a better understanding of what its like to be you, I'll be glad to be my true gender again then maybe we can ask Catrin and Ash what we wanted to".

Academy Commandant

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 01:28:37 pm »

Philosian blushed blue, it coming though as a sort of muted purple on its red skin,

The Philosian seemed to stomp and want to cavort about but was restraining itself.

Constance nodded,
Jim'quel raised an eyebrow,
She explained.
The alien leader screwed up its face into something resembling confusion,
Jim'quel asked dubiously.
She explained academically,
Jim'quel looked unsure, like a child who'd just lost a parent. It looked at the two expectantly.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 05:14:23 pm »
[Planet side]

D'Vid shook her head. Brush the annoying hair out of her eyes. A stupid thought came to her head. It was possible due that he was not a female. She had wanted to question the leader. One good question. What if someone was pregnant? Had they ever figure there could be a big bad side effect? Would that be consider murder by accident. 

So she stood there and waited it out. It had seemed the Admiral was onto something. However she wished people of the fleet did not hold hands. Perhaps she was jealous. Who knows. She never had these kind emotion surface to her when she was a male. She personally felt that they were was just sending a bad signal to what Starfleet is. You wear uniform but be romantic. The two don't mix. It was not her business but she just had to mind his own business. This women of her was annoying.

That why she had to wait on the Admiral. And if things can't be fix. They might have to stay the way they are. It will help them understand a TRILL who goes to a joining. The TRILL does not know how many males or females it will be going. It was possible a unique perspective to look. It might help him understand the female and break the ice of being shy. However she hated how the female side of his kind thought. Would she able to survive the rest of her El-Aurian life like this. Would she just go join her people and mate? Lord. There was that reproducing again. Sigh.

So he waited behind as he listened to the conversation.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »

Philosian blushed blue, it coming though as a sort of muted purple on its red skin,

The Philosian seemed to stomp and want to cavort about but was restraining itself.

Constance nodded,
She explained.
Jim'quel looked unsure, like a child who'd just lost a parent. It looked at the two expectantly.

Arrun blinked rapidly a few times when he was called upon, as he was not so far away as to not hear the conversation. He had not been present or paying as much attention as he should have been, but he did catch the Admiral asking him to speak of his own culture.

The Bajoran approached the alien leader as to not shout across the beach at him. He smiled again at the Admiral and nodded before turning to the alien leader and nodding to him. "My name is Arrun Dihsar and I am a Bajoran. My people are a spiritual one who revere the Prophets who reside in the Celestial Temple over our planet. What other species would call wormhole aliens and a wormhole." He grinned. "They guide us and teach us to live in harmony with each other and with ourselves. Although the Federation and Starfleet do not acknowledge the Prophets as divine beings, they accept that Bajor not only acknowledges but reveres them." Arrun smile weakened a little at the unpleasentness he pondered on next. "Once, my people were a pacifistic one but we suffered under a military occupation for a long time. The suffering took decades to endure, but endure we did."

"Starfleet was an instrumental part of insuring the peace and freedom we won from our oppressors with blood would be kept. They stood by us and shielded us from would be aggressors and despots seeking to annex a war-weary Bajor." Arrun looked at the collection of Starfleet officers, many he was sure had seen action in the Dominion War, many who in their own ways had helped protect Bajor and his people. His voice rose like he was giving a sermon; calm but confident that what he said was nothing but truth. "These men and women, and many others like them, did this not for wealth or our obedience or even our resources; they did it because they wanted us to know peace as they did, to know prosperity as they did, and to freely choose who we could be as a people as their peoples do. They were our friends, simple as that. We were not even required to join the Federation, but through the guidance of the Emissary, the wisdom of our leaders, and the will of the Prophets we did." Arrun looked to the Alien leader once again. "The Federation and its Starfleet may have produced the Emissary who guided our people to peace; but not once did they trick us, rob us, assault us, or oppress us into peace; they merely offered their hand in peace and asked my people for thier trust."

Arrun was quiet and calm, his nerves somehow muted from the sudden speech he gave. He hadn't spoken like that for a long time; never had really thought what the Federation was to him until just then. He almost apologized for the outburst; but, somehow, this felt like the will of the Prophets.

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:25 pm »
Turning to the one he loved he looked at her " Looks like you don't have to use your healing hands on me " he said quietly with a slight grin " And as much as this experience has given me a better understanding of what its like to be you, I'll be glad to be my true gender again then maybe we can ask Catrin and Ash what we wanted to".

[ Philo - Bay of the Tides ]

Cal smiled a Kay's statement. "Of course my love. Let me go take care of this and we will go ask," She said before she quickly kissed him. The height difference was different for her, so she used the moment to wrap her arms around Kay's neck. If she was going to be a woman for a bit longer, she wanted to experience how Kay felt when they kissed when Kay was a female.

"Captain. I request the assistance of D'Vid for us to try and reverse this." Cal said. She then spoke to Wendy via her Combadge to beam down supplies. No one was leaving until this was reversed. With the new revelation set, though the air was tense, she knew that she wanted things reversed as soon as possible. Though she was comfortable being a woman, with one being inside her head all the time, she wanted things to be back to normal.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »

Constance nodded,
She explained.

Cal smiled a Kay's statement. "Of course my love. Let me go take care of this and we will go ask," She said before she quickly kissed him. The height difference was different for her, so she used the moment to wrap her arms around Kay's neck. If she was going to be a woman for a bit longer, she wanted to experience how Kay felt when they kissed when Kay was a female.

"Captain. I request the assistance of D'Vid for us to try and reverse this." Cal said. She then spoke to Wendy via her Combadge to beam down supplies. No one was leaving until this was reversed. With the new revelation set, though the air was tense, she knew that she wanted things reversed as soon as possible. Though she was comfortable being a woman, with one being inside her head all the time, she wanted things to be back to normal.

[Philo - Bay of the Tides]

Kay smiled when Cal replied before kissing him and responded to her, enjoying the moment like he always would but when she then wrapped her arms around his neck, it felt different yet still as blissful experiencing it from each others perspectives and maybe it hadn't been that bad being turned into a man even for a short while. " Okay and I'll see you back here " he said as Cal then spoke to the Captain.

Turning his attention back to the others as the Philosian's faltered even more under the Captains questioning before he went onto explain about the different species that made up the Federation and how it all worked. When he then asked for Kay and Mr Arrun the new arrival to speak about their own cultures he had no problem doing that especially when it came to his Viking/Norwegian heritage and remembered the stories he had told Cal when they first became serious.

He waited politely until it was his turn fascinated by what Mr Arrun had said about Bajor and had learnt something that he didn't know then addressed Jim'quel. " My ancestry goes back centuries when a group of warriors called Vikings ruled most of Norway and Sweden on Earth, they used to conquer other places and take part in great battles " he said " But at the same time they were very loyal, family orientated and had many beliefs especially in the goddess Freya and when I was a child my grandmother used to tell me stories about them and how our family came to be and its something I plan to do when the time comes for me to have my own family".

Academy Commandant

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2017, 09:04:23 am »
[Bay of the Tides]

James offered a small sigh of relief as the Philosian backed off on breaking one of her officers jaw. As the two officers began telling their stories the XO slowly backed up to stand a little ways from the group. She needed time to reflect on the situation. She felt like she was acting more irrationally than normal, but to be fair Carter never acted particularly rationally.

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2017, 09:14:06 pm »

D'Vid quickly walked over to the female doctor who was male. However, due to a visit a couple months. She was had complete confidence to trust him who was a she. She was going to work with the Cal or Kathy or whatever she was going to call herself. Doctor would be fine.

When the fight broke out. It took D'Vid or Davey or Dee away from her orders to help the female Doctor.

"I will be glad to assist you, Doctor," she said. This was so awkward too. She was looking down at her. Cause being female had not made her loose all lot of height. "Guess we got girl power," she joked. That was good. Her humor was there.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2017, 10:40:24 am »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles