Author Topic: Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out  (Read 34835 times)

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2017, 09:01:52 pm »
[Puzzles Bar & Restaurant]

"Strange is definitely the right word to describe although these days it takes very little to faze me ", Leanna replied honestly noticing how the Klingon was around Knox and couldn't help but smile as she was a great believer in love and happiness. When Knox then thanked her for what she was doing with bar she waved it off " I don't mind at all its the least I can do and as long as everyone is happy and have everything they need then that's the main thing and I understand how concerning this situation is" she said before they were interrupted by someone she didn't recognise but Knox clearly did.

"It can escalate very quickly if people begin to panic. Please ask your staff to be consistent and repeat the same information - that we are looking into the environmental controls and to not worry."

Knox smiled. She appreciated Leanna's kind and calming nature as she usually found the young exasperating. Being nearly 400 made it difficult for her to relax and relate to most. And, then Jett.

Unbelievable. Jett......

Ch'pok wanted to rip his spleen out, but remained by Knox's side. Klingons respected their women as equals and knew that if Knox also wanted to rip his spleen out, she would. He would actually enjoy it more to watch her do so.

"Well, Jett. I would not be too concerned. I do not imagine anyone would believe that you are on some kind of noble quest to save everyone. However, yes, you are correct. Life support is a concern."

Knox was not at all surprised that Jett wanted to go by himself either. Suddenly liquid showered on them.

"Qastah nuq jay. Is this ..... fruit punch?"

=/\= Computer. List subroutines and programs with higher energy usage in the past 5 minutes. =/\=

At some point, Analyn was mentioned. It reminded Knox of how useful the program had been during the Collector Crises.

"Analyn. Would you mind helping us get to Life Support, please?"

Knox made eye contact with Jett as she stressed the word 'us' when asking Analyn for help.

" 'ell oo lady Twill. Ooooooooooo I can I can! Reeeaaady?"

Knox noticed glasses on the bar begin to float.

Oh, no.

"Twill and Klig-on sitting in a twee. K I s s I n g. First comes wove, then comes mawwiage, then comes Klig-on with the baby cawwiage."

"Ready?"

Ch'pok followed Knox out onto the Promenade. The snow angels had literally begun to fly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:09:05 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:00 pm »

Tanner had followed and stayed quiet but only up until this point, "Hold that thought." She stepped in, "Captain, I respect on your turf you're in charge however this isn't your turf. So nobody is handing over access codes or anything to you."

Tanner pulled out her mini-PADD and fired off a brief message to the Security Chief, "Engineering can handle this, it's their job. No need for anyone to come in and hunt down a reward for something we can take care of."

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:21 am »
[ Sick Bay ]

"Thank you. Please take care of her. She's my only friend on this rust bucket of a new home" Jenna began. She went to get up and winced in pain again. It was then it dawned on her. She got out her tricorder and measured the temperature outside. "Shit... How am I going go fix that coupling without getting sick? I am already banged up as it is. Even if I run out there, I still risk hypothermia. Who knows if there are snow drifts or how long it has been snowing. I don't like that wind that's been kicking up," Jenna thought. The distance from medical would be a trek. Under normal circumstances, she would see it as no problem, but this cold was just like the mountains she used to climb in the winters back home. She was very under equipped and even she knew risking hypothermia for a hunch was not the best move. She then got an idea, it might be a long shot, but it might just work.

"Hey doc,"Jenna began speaking to Naria. "I hate to bother you during evac, but do you have any emergency foil blankets left over? I need to go fix a power coupling. The journey from here to there is a tad bid dangerous seeing as it's very cold and I don't have a coat. Take it from experience borderline hypothermia is not good" As she said this, Molly was being wheeled out of medical. "It's going to be ok. She's in good hands now," Caleb's voice said echoing in her head. She was glad to be talking to him again. She knew time was of the essence, but it seemed to slow for a moment. With Molly out of commission and her being far from Dan, she felt like a stranger in a far outpost at that point. This was nothing new of course, but it reminded her why she wanted to come back to Star Fleet.

While she waited for the good doctor to reply, she let her mind wander for a moment. Maybe it was the medication setting in or maybe she was trying to find comfort in the moment. She thought back to the time Caleb and her went on a ski trip. As she thought about it, her hand absentmindedly went to her locket. The faces of the group were fuzzy, but the memory made her smile. As she turned the locket in her hand, it immediately opened after she placed her thumb on the back of it. A small, but old earth tune began to play. The song comforted her. and she didn't mind it playing out loud. She snapped to reality and looked on the inside of the locket. A photo of four people was inside it. Her and Caleb were there of course. Beside the two, were a brother and sister. He was muscular and tall, and she was just as tiny as Jenna. Her eyes twinkled with a timelessness that the photo barely did justice to. Her chestnut hair was a stark contrast to the blonde that Jenna was sporting at the time. Caleb's hair was short and his face wasn't aged like the last time she saw him. The four of them were grouped together making goofy faces. They stood in front of their favorite ski-lodge. Jenna smiled at the photo. Before the song could loop again, she closed the locket and kissed it. This was a ritual she found herself doing in time of stress. "Sorry this is an old stress reliever for me. Hopefully a path will be clear enough to fix that coupling,"Jenna said trying to get back to business.

[Sickbay]

Naira stood in the doorway, holding the door open. While doing so allowed some of the heat to escape out into the corridor, none of that would matter in a manner of minutes. Placing herself next to the door allowed her to coordinate with her people one last time before they left.

If they were losing life support, there would be no option for them to return should they have left something behind. Medkits were packed, thermal blankets had been grabbed, and now all that was left was to see that everyone got out safely and on time.

She had been going over evacuation protocols in her mind when a young ensign caught her attention. She turned to the woman and said, "Yes, please do take a thermal blanket." She grabbed one off a passing nurse and handed it to the girl. "They work best by trapping your body heat to you, so if you plan on working, it will be best to stuff it inside your uniform to keep heat from escaping as you move. Just be sure that you don't overexert yourself as you don't want an excess of sweat to collect inside it."

After watching the last person leave, she went to her office to collect her six year old daughter who was still unaware of what was going on.

"Come here Lurels, we have to move to another part of the station for now." She picked up the girl and wrapped her body in one of the foil blankets. Being Orion, they weren't built to withstand cold temperatures and up until a few months ago, the girl had only known what it was like to live in a humid tropical rainforest under a harsh sun. Naira's two older daughters were already waiting for them outside, wrapped up in blankets of their own.

"Come on everyone. I know it's cold and dark out here and we aren't used to such conditions, but we can do this."

She moved with her daughter up to the front of the crowd as she attempted to lead the group. They made their way past many dark and abandoned offices and Starfleet docking bays. Other than the sounds of the medical crew and their patients quietly talking to each other, the place was eerily silent. It was unusual for this part of the station to be this empty.

Passing a window, Naira took a moment to glance outside. It was just as cold and dark out there as it was inside. No ships were coming or going. No one was moving cargo or crew or stopping by the station to rest or refuel on their journey between Federation, Ferengi or open space.

It was unusual

"Come everyone, in here!"

She led them past the Aquaponics Bay, where a sticky sweet substances was being pumped out of the fire suppressant system and pooling on the floor. From what she could see of the setup, most of the plants looked either burnt to a crisp or drowning the red substance. The tanks were overflowing and a number of fish lay flopping or dead on the floor.

It's red! And fruity smelling! Why is it red and fruity smelling?

"In here, we'll set up an emergency location in this cargo bay. I know you might have the instinct to want to spread out and have a little privacy, but we need to stick together and stay close. We don't know how cold it's going to get in here."

She locked eyes with one of the nurses and said, "Can I get you to help hand out blankets?" 

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2017, 06:56:37 am »

"It can escalate very quickly if people begin to panic. Please ask your staff to be consistent and repeat the same information - that we are looking into the environmental controls and to not worry."

Knox smiled. She appreciated Leanna's kind and calming nature as she usually found the young exasperating. Being nearly 400 made it difficult for her to relax and relate to most. And, then Jett.

Once the man confirmed who he was and thanked her for letting them into the establishment she smiled in a more friendly now that she knew a little bit more about him and understood when he said why he couldn't have a drink right now. Listening intently as then spoke quietly to both her and Knox and wasn't surprised by what he was planning to do as he wasn't the only civilian she had come across who wanted to act the hero and want something in return for doing so and the fact he didn't mention what his payment intrigued her but no doubt that would be dealt with if he succeeded or not.

When he asked for a free shot she wasn't going to turn down his request and grabbed a shot glass and filled it with one of the Argollian whiskey's she always stocked and placed it in front of him. " There we go and I wish you luck in what your planning to do feel free to return once your finished" she said before turning her attention to Knox when she told her what to have her staff say to those who asked and agreed with not creating more unnecessary upset or panic.

" I'll make sure of that Knox and I agree we don't anymore panic " she said smiling back noticing the way the Klingon reacted towards Jett and missed that kind of protectiveness but again it wasn't good to dwell too much on memories. Letting the two talk she passed on Knox's message to Seamus and Maggie with instructions to inform the others and suddenly felt herself being showered
 with a strange red liquid and realised what it was when she sniffed her hair wondering where it had come from at first but it stopped not long after it started and was beginning to think that today was definitely going to be worth a story or two when it was all over.

She arranged for the liquid to be cleaned up and heard a childlike voice and it was definitely a first for her but did think it was sweet in a way and when the glasses started to rise off the bar didn't let it bother her as the patrons at the counter grabbed them and she got hold of the empty ones as Knox and her companion left and Jett was approached by another officer and decided to leave them to their conversation as she dealt with the issues that were going on in the bar.

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2017, 01:52:58 pm »
[Sickbay]

She had been going over evacuation protocols in her mind when a young ensign caught her attention. She turned to the woman and said, "Yes, please do take a thermal blanket." She grabbed one off a passing nurse and handed it to the girl. "They work best by trapping your body heat to you, so if you plan on working, it will be best to stuff it inside your uniform to keep heat from escaping as you move. Just be sure that you don't overexert yourself as you don't want an excess of sweat to collect inside it."

[ Sick Bay]

Jenna gladly took the blanket and thanked Naria for it. She did not know the good Doctor's name, but seeing Molly wheeled out she knew that Molly was in the right hands. When this whole mess was over, she would need to properly thank the doctor and her staff for their help.

Jenna excused herself to get the blanket wrapped securely under her uniform.  Once she checked to make sure her uniform was properly fixed, she then put in her headphones and pressed play on her Walkman. As the beginning of the song Tonight by Seether played. Jenna decided it was better to listen to that than the emptiness of the promenade. She then secured her work bag onto her back and adjusted her work gloves.

[ Promenade]

As she moved, she had her PADD close to make sure she was on the right path. She moved with intent, but not too quickly. The warmth of the blanket kept her going. It was like a warm hug she felt from Caleb. As she moved father from what seemed to me civilization, she felt a loneliness when she headed out toward her destination.

The air around her was bitter and as the wind whipped about with a howl, Jenna adjusted the makeshift hood she made out of the blanket that was tucked under her uniform. This isolation was something she felt all too well. She wished she had contact with her family, but getting to talk to Caleb was great, but she had no idea just how alone she was to risk him showing.

It was not long before the next song began to play. The song Attention by We Are The In Crowd began to play. This made her smile, but her heart ache. Tay Jardine's vocals reminded her of her late best friend Alice. She then grabbed for her locket and kissed it. As she moved along, it was strange to see the roving snowdrifts. The emptiness and darkness only added to the eerie feeling.Jenna's mind wandered for a moment as she moved. She knew it was not delirum from the cold, as she wasn't at all cold.

Jenna began to remember the trip from the locket. Her, Alice, Caleb, and Alice's brother Mitchel had all agreed to go to their favorite Ski resort. Deep in the mountains back home the Kalowiski lodge was like a home away from home for them. The atmosphere was warm an inviting much like the blanket made her feel in the cold. It was old earth time rustic, but with the modern flares they were used to. The spa was legendary and so were the mountains.

As Technicolor by Sainte began, Jenna smiled when she realized her destination was ahead. She then tapped her combadge = / \ = "Chief I am near the power coupling. I should have an answer to my hunch soon. I will let you know when it is repaired and if we can get diagnostics going. By the way it is snowing on the promenade. The environmental regulators are on the fritz now." = / \ =. The saw for Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd to Sainte was interesting to her, but the vocals provided some comfort.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »

Jett learned over the bar and he noticed the bar tender pouring some Argollian Whiskey.  Tom took a sip of the whiskey and noticed that it was a little bit stronger and more bitter than his personal taste.  However, he needed to act like a thoughtful person and finish that drink as quickly as possible.  He heard the Bartender talking to him and Jett heard

" There we go and I wish you luck in what you're planning to do feel free to return once you're finished"

"Well, Jett. I would not be too concerned. I do not imagine anyone would believe that you are some kind of noble quest to save everyone. However, yes, you are correct. Life support is a concern."
Damn

"Analyn. Would you mind helping us get to Life Support, please?"

Knox made eye contact with Jett as she stressed the word 'us' when asking Analyn for help.

" 'ell oo lady Twill. Ooooooooooo I can I can! Reeeaaady?"

"Twill and Klig-on sitting in a twee. K I s s I n g. First comes wove, then comes mawwiage, then comes Klig-on with the baby cawwiage."

Hold that thought." She stepped in, "Captain, I respect on your turf you're in charge, however, this isn't your turf. So nobody is handing over access codes or anything to you."

"Engineering can handle this, it's their job. No need for anyone to come in and hunt down a reward for something we can take care of."

Jett then looks out the door with the snowflakes and a low gravity environment.  He then looked at the Klingon, Tanner, and Knox and bit his lip.  He looks down pensive for a moment and wondered what to say.  His first instinct was to tell the Cadet to go away, but he remembered how it was in her position.  Jett then looks first at Knox and responded "With all due respect, the path is going to be dangerous.  Don't get me wrong I am not saying you are not capable, but looking at the fellow next to you he cares for you.  Word of the wise, from someone older, don't go around playing hero, you will be alone, miserable and with nothing.  The Universe is dark for a reason.  Stay here be safe, do the smart thing.  I just need the access codes. " Jett then extended his hand to Knox and said "Look, most people here don't like me if I die is not a big deal if you die people will mourn you.  Let me take the risk.  I can do this alone
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:39:04 pm by Thomas Jett »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2017, 03:47:25 pm »

With the clean up underway and the glasses situation more or less under control if the drinker kept a tight hold of it without spilling any contents or letting them float away. Leanna took a deep breath thinking that she had worse things happen although couldn't decide if that was back when she worked in a gentleman's club or her first bar. Either way both experiences had prepared her in how to handle any situation no matter how weird or strange it got and she wasn't going to let this get to her not when so many people were depending on her for comfort and refuge.

Acknowledging Jett when he tried the whiskey and when he responded to her well wishes and also took notice of his request to keep everyone dry with towels as the last thing she wanted was for anyone to get sick or worse besides there was only so much her first aid station could handle but at the same time was glad she had it. Watching as he followed Knox out of the bar along with the other Starfleet officer wondering if he would always want a free drink whenever he visited and knew how deal with his kind besides she didn't mind giving the odd freebie. For now she had her staff hand out towels from the store cupboard and went back to serving drinks all the time waiting to see what happened next and she would be ready as always to deal with it.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2017, 06:19:12 pm »
[Docking Bay]

The general slogged through the cold dark corridors back from the K'tomoc towards sickbay. With no one there to hear him, he grumbled. He did not like the cold, but being a Klingon, he wouldn't admit to that. 

[Sickbay]

Considering the fact that he was not familiar with the station layout, he was doing a pretty good job finding his way in the dark without getting lost. However, when he made it back to sickbay, he noticed that the room was empty. The counter tops had been cleared of supplies and drawers were left hanging open.

He grunted in frustration. "Where have they gone?"

Analyn's child-like voice responded, "They left."

"I can see that." he didn't know why he was attempting to carry on a conversation with this disembodied little girl, but he attributed it with the fact that he was tired and felt the growing desire to nap. "Where has the doctor gone?"

"Which one? Doctor Lunn wen to anutter sickbay, Doctor Ch...Ch'unda wen with Lunn, Orega is eating yummy food with all da people on the..."

"Dor-sho-gha! The Orion woman, Naira!" he was growing frustrated by the moment.

"She's pretty!"

"Where is she?" He spit out his words in anger.

"Oh, she wen to da cargo bay with the others. Okay. Bye."

He took a moment to bend over, rest his hand on his knee and take one long, deep breath.

"How do I get to the cargo bay?" He rubbed his temple as he awaited her reply.

"Oh, I'll show you the way!" Her voice had perked up, with the sounds of excitement. "Follow me! Follow da leader, follow the leader..." she broke off into song and he rolled his eyes.

He followed her voice down twenty decks as she lead him through the dark. By the time he reached the cargo bay he was out of breath, balancing against a wall to remain upright and finding it hard to keep going. He was dizzy, his eyes were having trouble trying to focus on the dim light radiating from the emergency flashlights. He had trouble trying not to trip over his own feet as he tried to join the group.

Naira, who had been standing watch over the small group of individuals who were now mostly trying to sleep as a means of staying warm, saw the massive Klingon stumbling into the room and ran over to offer him support.

"Here...you...go." He said as he dropped a bag off medical supplies and Klingon coffee to the floor and doubled over to catch his breath.

Her eyes grew wide as she stared at him, she pointed the tricorder she had been holding in his direction and began to scan him. "You didn't attempt to head back to sickbay, did you? The upper section of the station lost life support."

The tricorder beeped.

"You're experiencing the effects of hypoxia, I need to administer trioxin." She turned to retrieve a hypospray from the collection of medical supplies that she had on hand, but he reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Stay. I will be fine. You are cold."   

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »
Tritter could tell instantly that the Commander was overwhelmed, he pondered for a moment "Understood Commander" He knew that he would have to be... inventive to solve this problem due to their personnel shortage. He knew that his only other option would be a temporary relocation. All he needed was bodies, and he could arrange that, since Engineering and Security were tied up with certain... issues. But he could at least get some bodies to help him get this situation taken care of. He than tapped his comm badge and replied to Commander Howell with the following, "We will relocate the Civilians, just let me know when you resolve the issue"
Main Engineering
=/\= Copy that Sir. Howell out. =/\= He replied to Tritter in a quick but polite manor.

Finally, things were starting to get back under control in engineering. They didn't know what caused the explosions yet and frankly they had no intention of finding out until the base was fully functioning again. He had managed to get the air filters back online so now most of the smoke had been cleared and all that was left was very fine layers of smoke and some haze. It was only then the extent of the damage became clear. Walls were charred, consoles blank - some smashed. Panels missing and blown off.

As Technicolor by Sainte began, Jenna smiled when she realized her destination was ahead. She then tapped her combadge = / \ = "Chief I am near the power coupling. I should have an answer to my hunch soon. I will let you know when it is repaired and if we can get diagnostics going. By the way it is snowing on the promenade. The environmental regulators are on the fritz now." = / \ =. The saw for Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd to Sainte was interesting to her, but the vocals provided some comfort.

Before he could take in the full extent of the damage, Jenna came over comms, reporting she had arrived at the conduit. She had gone off to pursue a theory that environmental control failure and the multiple explosions were connected. In a normal situation it would be very unlikely, but this was no ordinary situation and he knew it would have to take a major failure to cause a major failure (aka the explosions). He tapped his combadge =/\= Copy that Jenna, run a diagnostic and keep me informed. Howell out =/\= and with that he went back to assist his teams in repair efforts.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2017, 07:00:04 pm »
[Leaving Puzzles Bar & Restaurant]

"La laaa laaaaaa. What's wong lady Twill?  Not pwetty enough to come play? I can make it more pwetty!"

"Thank you, Analyn. It is lovely. I am just a little cold."

Knox memory flashed with the rainbows and stars bursting out from the Station.

Jett then looks out the door with the snowflakes and a low gravity environment.  He then looked at the Klingon, Tanner, and Knox and bit his lip.  He looks down pensive for a moment and wondered what to say.  His first instinct was to tell the Cadet to go away, but he remembered how it was in her position.  Jett then looks first at Knox and responded "With all due respect, the path is going to be dangerous.  Don't get me wrong I am not saying you are not capable, but looking at the fellow next to you he cares for you.  Word of the wise, from someone older, don't go around playing hero, you will be alone, miserable and with nothing.  The Universe is dark for a reason.  Stay here be safe, do the smart thing.  I just need the access codes. " Jett then extended his hand to Knox and said "Look, most people here don't like me if I die is not a big deal if you die people will mourn you.  Let me take the risk.  I can do this alone

Older, huh...

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:19:44 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2017, 07:05:16 pm »

Jett began heading out of the main door when he hears the Cadet Security Officer talking to him.

Tanner was completely flabbergasted by this man. In what world did he live in? This Starbase wasn't his responsibility!? Like hell was she going to just stay put and let a renegade run about the internal structure of the Starbase. She followed after him.

[Promenade]

"Hey!" Tanner called out as she followed after Thomas, "Don't think you're running about without an escort." She had no issue following him, loss of gravity and all. Tanner wasn't going to wind up writing that  report to her superior. 

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2017, 10:01:15 pm »
Main Engineering
 =/\= Copy that Jenna, run a diagnostic and keep me informed. Howell out =/\= and with that he went back to assist his teams in repair efforts.

[ Promenade ]

Jenna finally made her way to the coupling. Up until that point it had been smooth sailing. There were a few rough snow drifts she had to navigate. With the lowered gravity, the snow drifts were growing in size. She couldn't help, but shake the feeling that she was being followed. She turned around to look and saw only her flashlight and the hallway she was in.  As My House by PVRIS played, she felt the uneasiness grow. She immediately reached for her knife. Again things were calm. She then placed her work bag down. She grabbed a few items she knew she would need.

Her hoverbelt began to hum when she turned it on. She lifted herself up toward the coupling. After she removed the cover, she noticed items that needed to be replaced as well as singed wires. She went back down to her bag to grabbed the items she needed.

When Square Hammer by Ghost began to play, she floated up to the coupling and did the necessary repair work. It was much easier to get things done with the lowered gravity. After the repairs were made, she then began to run diagnostics from her PADD.

Jenna paused her music when she began and diagnostics so that she could focus. It was there she heard a giggle out of nowhere. It was childish in nature. She passed it off as nothing, but then she heard the voice speak. "What are you doing way owt here all alone?" The voice asked.

Jenna looked around confused. Jenna was used to one voice in her head, but this wasn't one of them. She got back to her PADD and continued her work. " isn't the snow pweety? Jenna continued to work ignoring the new voice she was hearing. "If you think that the coplwing was messed with it wasn't" the voice said again. Jenna then asked, "Who said that? If this is some kind of joke little one you shouldn't do that! It's dangerously cold out " Jenna waited for a response. She then looked down at her PADD. She then felt a rush of wind and a huge amount of snow flew at Jenna. She was sent flying as she heard"You need to kwool off meanie."

It took a moment for Jenna to emerge from the newly formed snowdrift around her. She laughed for a moment while rubbing her neck from the pain of being thrown into a large pile of snow. "You've got a mighty fine arm for an AI there kiddo. Sorry for being a meanie earlier. I just get really focused when I get to work," Jenna then saw some red mixed in with the snow. Curiosity got the better of her and she tasted it."Aww sweet! Fruit punch! If you were down here I'd made you the most amazing snow cone! Now do you mind helping me find the environmental regulators? Our poor base seems sick and I wanna play doctor to make it all better," Jenna said in her nicest sugar coated voice. She knew that the AI would see through if she faked, but Jenna was known to be a good actor in many respects.

"Ok, but you gotta pway Red  light Grween Light and hot and cold. No pweeking either ," the anayln said. "Sure thing kiddo, I need to put my tools away first so I can make the base better,"Jenna said quickly packing her things up, switching off the hoverbelt, and putting her work bag on her back. Jenna then told the anayln she was ready and closed her eyes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:53:50 am by Jenna McKinson »

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2017, 12:55:59 am »
[Promenade]

He actually waited for her. That gesture made her smile.

With a smirk she easily moved his way, "Enough to ensure I'm always a lady when floating."

"Dangerous is my job...." She motioned to the color of her uniform, "We don't wear these to avoid chaos..."

Slowly she edged closer to him, Tanner forgot how much she enjoyed zero gravity. This was kinda...fun.

Tanner was lost at this. Starfleet types? If she interjected, would her uniform cause issue? That thought was quickly dismissed when his phaser was pointed at Thomas's head. Tanner pulled hers and yelled, "Halt! Station security. Put your phaser down."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:14 pm »

It didn't look like things were going to calm down anytime soon but at least they had dealt with the fruit punch, offered towels and blankets to those who needed them and as for the floating glasses due to the change in gravity well it seemed to be still under control if you didn't let them go or put them on the counter. She didn't know when this would end or if anything else was going to happen but she would deal with it. The bar was almost at full capacity but she wasn't about to turn anyone away especially with the snow continuing to fall outside.

Maggie had even come up with the idea of serving soup and warm drinks to help those who were suffering with the cold and Leanna had decided to offer these free of charge as she wasn't one to gain profit from unexpected situations or take advantage of people. She knew that if her ex was here he would be the complete opposite but he wasn't and she was thankful that he no longer had control over her or what she did with her business.

Going over to the band who had continued playing throughout the chaos, they finished the song and Alex the lead singer leaned over to speak to Leanna. " Hey there Boss Lady, want us to keep going ?" he asked.

" I bet you can " Leanna quipped back grinning at him before turning serious again thinking that any flirting or otherwise could wait right now. " Actually take a break and get warmed up then you can continue " she said receiving a grin and a wink from Alex. "Sure thing" he said and with that Leanna returned to the main counter.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles