Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 01, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 06, 2017, 07:34:14 PM

[ Engineering ]

Jenna, with the ringing still in her ears, got a grasp on her surroundings.  She ignored the blurred vision and the ringing in her ears. She got up, feeling the pain in her side from the impact. She took a moment to try and stand again. She was glad to have Caleb helping her some as she moved to get up on the landing where Molly was. She felt a bit more strength as she picked Molly up in her arms. She began to move through the smoke filled room. She was thankful that Dan came into view. "Chief. Molly is not so good right now. Nor am I, but I am used to explosions in the face. Please tell me we didn't loose power,Jenna said a bit louder than she normally would. She hoped the hearing loss would only be temporary.

Quote from: Naira on August 07, 2017, 04:15:49 AM

[Sickbay]

Dr. Lunn was a bit surprised, but relieved to hear a call come in from Engineering. At least some of the messages are coming through, he thought.

=/\=Dr. Lunn to Engineering, it's good to hear from you. We're going to try to establish a transporter lock on your injured, but we are having some technical issues up here so I'll also send a team to your location just in case.=/\=

Two medical officers ran out the door with a medkit under their arm.

He just hoped that the turbolifts were still operational.

=/\= Thank you Doctor, I don't think transporters are gonna be operational for a while yet for your advisory. Howell out =/\= He finished. Engineering was no less than a mess. There was still smoke everywhere and the faint hissing of blown conduits leaking. He saw Jenna emerge from the smoke with Molly in her arms. "Lay her down here." Howell said, pointing at an empty area of the floor. He then replied to her question "I don't think the base has lost power, but we certainty have down here. We're on emergency backups." He was about to conduct first aid on Molly when the two medics that has been dispatched had arrived. He looked up to them and said "Most people only have minor injuries, But these two officers took the full blast of a console explosion, they are priority." Dan said pointing at Jenna and Molly. "Yes,Commander. One of them replied before he turned his attention back to Jenna. "I need to see what the exact issues are and start getting to grips with all the calls coming in. Any issues contact me, comms are still operational." and with a nod, he got up and walked off to try and establish an engineering department again.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 07, 2017, 07:16:52 PM

"Understood." The captain said. "=/\=Ops to engineering. We need options. Now.=/\="

He had manage to dispatch three teams when the Captain came over comms. He tapped his badge =/\= Captain, options are one thing I can't give right now. We've had a series of large explosions in engineering. I'm trying to get as many officers out on repairs as I can. What's immediate priority for you sir. =/\= He needed to know from an outside view as most of the systems in engineering were offline.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on August 08, 2017, 12:20:11 AM

While making his way to the Upper Stem, he tapped his comm badge and stated, "Commander Tritter to Commander Howell, we have intermittent life support losses in the Upper Stem, whats going on?" He was unsure if the Commander was in a position to tell him anything, but he was hoping to have somewhat of a clue by the time he arrived to the Upper Stem. He also ran into several other rain clouds and one that was snow... And if anyone knew him, snow was not his thing. There was one point where he looked like a soaking wet, miserable seven foot tall snow man who might just murder you with your own intestine if you looked at him the wrong way.

Whilst he was waiting for a reply from the Captain, Commander Tritter came on comms about life support losses in the Upper Stem. As if this day couldn't get any worse... he thought to himself. =/\= Commander, we've suffered a series of large explosions in engineering and there are any number of issues coming in all from the base. I'll get a team out to try and stabilize the life support ASAP. =/\=

His wrist was hurting still and to add to the issues, he noticed he had a cut on his head that was bleeding. Anything else? he asked himself in his head before trying to co-ordinate the life support repairs.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles Bar & Restaurant]

"Your welcome and I'll leave you to it" Maggie replied once Suzie had finished and cleared away the empty dishes as she contacted the Captain not wanting to interrupt so walked back over to the kitchen area and deposited the tray in the appropriate section before returning to work.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 07, 2017, 07:32:22 PM

"Thank you, Leanna. I am surprised that you remember me. Btw, it is most impressive that you have both the back-up generator installed and first aid facilities all ready for your grand opening. And, I think the medkit - "

Ch'pok sighed.

"The use of your first aid area would be very appreciated. Thank you, Leanna."

Knox was very impressed with the young Betazoid and appreciated her propriety, considering that she did not need her telepathy to realize what had just occurred between Knox and Ch'pok.

Knox picked up her grape juice and wondered who the Klingon beside her really was. He noticed her looking at him and shifted his gaze to Leanna's office. Moments later they were in a small room with one examination bed surrounded by all necessary medical supplies and equipment.

30 minutes later

"Leanna, have there been any communications? I could not get through to Engineering. Has anyone on the night shift reported what is happening? It is very unusual that we have not heard anything at all. Surely a Station-wide alert should have come on by now?"

=/\= Computer. Run Station-wide diagnostic and sound alert when complete. Also, alert when other system errors occur. =/\=

[Main Bar]

" Anytime and I always remember those who I speak to especially one who was always friendly and knew what I needed which believe me doesn't happen often whenever I open up somewhere new " Leanna replied honestly before Knox said how impressed she was with the generator and first aid facilities being ready for the grand opening. Leanna smiled " I've learnt my lesson when it comes to being prepared and I wanted everything to be in place before I opened " she said before the pair left for the first aid area.

Seeing them together made her wonder if she should contact Yaron for old times sake but he probably was taken by now and despite her reputation and insatiable appetite for fun she wasn't one to ruin relationships. Shaking that thought from her mind she went back to work serving drinks and checking on the band promising that she would sing with them before they finished their set.

When Knox and her companion returned and she asked if Leanna had heard anything about what was going on before she tapped her commbadge, she was honest with her reply. " All I've heard is that the power had been out but other than that nothing " she said then looked out at the promenade as the computer responded " I never thought I would see snow again especially outside my bar " she commented gesturing outside as more people took refuge.

Tanner Lachlyn

[Section A Promenade]

Jett continued laughing with the Klingon.  It was a loud boisterous laugh, the Klingon diplomacy entailed violence, threats, and drinks.   Tom was pretty good at all three, in fact, he is probably the Station's leading expert in terms of drinking.

After he tossed the weapon to a security officer the Klingon walked next to Jett and whispered into his ear "You better thank god, that I'm in a good mood, if not I would kill you where you stand"

Jett smiled and continued laughing "Thank God, there is some bloodwine in that new tavern or I would have to kill you where you stand, too...the first round is on me"  Jett continued laughing as he did a friendly tap on the shoulder of the Klingon.

As the Klingon walked away he noticed that he was going to the nearby bar.  Jett made a mental note as he figured he needed to join him and keep him drunk.

He walked towards the security Cadet and stood there for a second.  Jett observed as security was handling the officer and sending him to sickbay.  He was glad that for once he was not responsible for sending people

He walked to the cadet to make how she was doing.  "Are you ok, Cadet?"  Jett asked

A second later he introduced himself "I'm Thomas Jett, pleasure meeting you...stay safe...word of advice Klingons respect strength, if they detect weakness it encourages them to fight"

Still unsure of exactly what had just occurred, Tanner kept silent. Am I okay? What an odd question as that was usually her line within Security. With the Klingon's dispersed and the crowd no longer entertained, Tanner turned her attention to Thomas.

"I'd say thank you, but I can't tell if that's a half sideways insult." She offered her hand and cracked a smile, "Tanner Lachlyn, as you already know I'm Security. The question is, who are you?"

Naira

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 08, 2017, 11:22:59 AM

=/\= Thank you Doctor, I don't think transporters are gonna be operational for a while yet for your advisory. Howell out =/\= He finished. Engineering was no less than a mess. There was still smoke everywhere and the faint hissing of blown conduits leaking. He saw Jenna emerge from the smoke with Molly in her arms. "Lay her down here." Howell said, pointing at an empty area of the floor. He then replied to her question "I don't think the base has lost power, but we certainty have down here. We're on emergency backups." He was about to conduct first aid on Molly when the two medics that has been dispatched had arrived. He looked up to them and said "Most people only have minor injuries, But these two officers took the full blast of a console explosion, they are priority." Dan said pointing at Jenna and Molly. "Yes,Commander. One of them replied before he turned his attention back to Jenna. "I need to see what the exact issues are and start getting to grips with all the calls coming in. Any issues contact me, comms are still operational." and with a nod, he got up and walked off to try and establish an engineering department again.
He had manage to dispatch three teams when the Captain came over comms. He tapped his badge =/\= Captain, options are one thing I can't give right now. We've had a series of large explosions in engineering. I'm trying to get as many officers out on repairs as I can. What's immediate priority for you sir. =/\= He needed to know from an outside view as most of the systems in engineering were offline.
Whilst he was waiting for a reply from the Captain, Commander Tritter came on comms about life support losses in the Upper Stem. As if this day couldn't get any worse... he thought to himself. =/\= Commander, we've suffered a series of large explosions in engineering and there are any number of issues coming in all from the base. I'll get a team out to try and stabilize the life support ASAP. =/\=

His wrist was hurting still and to add to the issues, he noticed he had a cut on his head that was bleeding. Anything else? he asked himself in his head before trying to co-ordinate the life support repairs.

[Engineering]

The medical officers moved over to the two fallen ensigns and began to administer care. Each doctor took one patient and set the medkit on the floor between them where they could both reach it and so that they could share instruments.

One officer grabbed the tricorder and began to scan the unconscious young woman. She had suffered a concussion, with impact damage to the back of her skull and minor swelling and bleeding to the brain. She also had a dislocated shoulder, but that was the least of her worries right now. The medical officer handed off the tricorder to his partner and reached for the hypospray loaded with morphenolog.

"We'll need to take this one back to Sickbay. Our medkit isn't equipped with the proper surgical equipment to treat a brain hemorrhage."

The other doctor took the tricorder and scanned his patient. While she too had suffered a concussion, hers was minor in comparison to her companion.

"You might experience some dizziness or ringing in your ears for a bit," the doctor spoke to her, "but it shouldn't last long."

What the second patient really had to worry about was that in twisting her body as she fell, she had landed hard on her side, cracking a rib in the process. He pulled out the osteo-regenerator and began to repair the damage.

"You're bound to still feel some discomfort, but you should be fine to continue working if you feel up to it. You could return with us to Sickbay if you feel the need to, but currently our bedspace is limited."

"I've administered the morpholog to reduce the brain swelling," the one officer said to the other. "This one should be good to move now." He then turned to face the conscious woman, "So, will you be joining us as well?"

[Sickbay]

Leesill arrived in Sickbay with three young Orion girls in tow and a burgundy dress tucked under her arm. It wasn't unusually to find the door to the CMO's office closed or the blinds down, Naira often did such when she wanted to sneak in a quick nap while pulling multiple shifts or trying to concentrate on files or paperwork, so the Trill woman didn't think twice about knocking or announcing their arrival and simply let herself in.

"Do you have any idea what's going on out there? It's snowing on the Promenade and...you're busy with a patient."

Leesill blushed at the sight of the general. She had not been expecting anyone else to have been in the office.

"I'll just leave this here," she said as she sat the dress on the desk and let go of Lurel's hand.

"Naniid, Aorua, can you help Leesill pack some medkits? I'll be out in a bit." Naira waited for the other woman and her two older daughter to leave the room, closing the door behind them, before changing into the new outfit and reattaching her comm badge.

"Are you hungry?" Naira asked no one in particular as she reached into her desk and pulled out a small jar. Inside were a collection of maggots wiggling together in one solid clump. She reached in and grabbed one, before placing it in her mouth. "It's no gagh, but it's better than the emergency rations we have on hand. Mostly, I just use them to feed my plants."

On the ceiling above her hung a number of carnivorous sarracenia and nepenthes plants.

"Mommy?," Lurel's asked as she climbed up in Naira's lap, "who's that?" She pointed at the general while she securely wrapped her other arm around Naira's neck.

"This is General Yoduk, he's a friend." She leaned in to whisper in a not-so-quiet voice to the girl while exchanging a smile with the general. "Don't worry, he won't bite...you."

The general laughed as the two of them stood up to leave the officer. Naira carried the little girl, balanced on her hip, as she surveyed Sickbay. Doctors and nurses ran back and forth between patients. New people were walking in the door every moment while medical teams were scurrying out in response to the latest comm for medical assistance.

The lights flickered for a moment and the room shook, drawing a scream from someone in the room, but then things returned to their hectic pace. Ensign Lunn came over and handed her a padd with a list of supplies they were already low on.

The general, towering over Naira, stood behind her. He gently squeezed both her shoulders in his massive hands and bent over to smell her hair and speak directly into her ear. "Internal systems were not badly damaged on my ship during the attack. Give me your list and let me see what items we can spare."

She handed over the padd and turned to give him one final smile as he left Sickbay.

The General headed out into the dark as he made his way to the K'tomoc, a Mas To Gal class ship that had been badly damaged by the Breen while he and his crew had been attempting to aid the settlers of one of their colonies they had acquired at the end of the war. They had been out scouting the border when the distress call came in and unfortunately, they had been the only ship in the area. In true Klingon fashion, Yoduk would have stayed and fought to the last man, but they were badly outnumbered the decision to evacuate the colonists was made. The Starbase had offered to take them in while they awaited reinforcements and repairs were made to his ship.

Maybe he was getting soft in his old age.

He looked down at the list he was carrying and scoffed.

At least he wasn't as soft as these Starfleet type and their excessive need for painkillers.         

Thomas Jett

[Promenade Á¢â,¬"œSection A]

Jett stood looking at the security cadet.  He tried to be warm and friendly for a second but her reaction.  Tom remembered how it felt in his first Station assignment.  The cadet was a capable person but academia and real life were two different things.

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on August 08, 2017, 01:27:19 PM

"I'd say thank you, but I can't tell if that's a half sideways insult." She offered her hand and cracked a smile, "Tanner Lachlyn, as you already know I'm Security. The question is, who are you?"

Jett then approached Tanner and accepted the handshake.  He smiled and said, "Pleasure meeting you, Cadet Lachlyn."

As he finished the handshake, Jett just responded to his question "I'm just a civilian freighter Captain" He lied.

He then did a cocky smile and continued "Y'know normally I would ask for a reward...anything you have in mind?"  Tom asked

This conversation was interrupted by snow flakes coming down.  Luckily, Jett, had his long leather coat on but he wondered if more people were equipped. As he fell the flake of white snow touching his face he looked the ceiling of the Promenade and commented "Snow?"

Jett then looked around and began walking away "That's a first...probably the Station's environmental control is out of line.  The fact the production of snow means the humidity in the air circulation system is being frozen...that also means the temperature of the Station is going to go down, I recommend we take shelter"  Jett suggested

He looked at the Cadet to encourage her to begin moving.  Jett walked into the nearest bar.  He was walking at a quick pace.   As he saw people he continued yelling "Go to quarters and enclosed location!"
As he walked began directing traffic of people encouraging them to stay in the shops.
As he talked to random people he continued instructing them "Nope, I am not Starfleet Officer....noo this is not Christmas"

Another group of people he continued with instructing them "No...Santa is not coming to town...this is serious, let's move it...follow me"

[Puzzle's Main Bar]

Jett entered the main door as he was leading several civilians into the bar.  He pointed to the end of the bar and said "Go to the edge and sit together, make bodily contact it will help you all keep warm"

He then spoke to himself and said "I know I wanted a Frosty this morning, but this is too much"

He took his long leather Jacket and handed it to a group of civilians it will hopefully keep them warm

"Ok, who's the owner of this joint?"  Jett asked.

As he finished asking he had another question "Does anyone here has access to the Station's life support system?"

He was not wasting time.  He took his pulse pistol and began making sure that it was fully charged.

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 08, 2017, 11:28:18 AM

When Knox and her companion returned and she asked if Leanna had heard anything about what was going on before she tapped her commbadge, she was honest with her reply. " All I've heard is that the power had been out but other than that nothing " she said then looked out at the promenade as the computer responded " I never thought I would see snow again especially outside my bar " she commented gesturing outside as more people took refuge.

"It is ..... strange."

Ch'pok answered. Knox was surprised. He was standing rather close to her with his hand on her side. With her left arm in the sling, Knox felt slightly sorry for herself and allowed his hand to linger. All she wanted was to sink in Ch'pok's arms under a warm blanket with a bowl of hot 80 % cocoa with thick Vissian cream.

Knox was so grateful for Leanna as she graciously welcomed all into Puzzles regardless if they were entering as a paying customer or scared refugee.

"Thank you Leanna. We really appreciate all that you are doing here. These power outages are concerning. The generator controlling the lights and environmental settings here, what about life - "

Quote from: Thomas Jett on August 08, 2017, 05:48:11 PM

As he finished asking he had another question "Does anyone here has access to the Station's life support system?"

He was not wasting time.  He took his pulse pistol and began making sure that it was fully charged.

Jett....

Knox turned around.

And, yes. His pistol.

"Jett. Hello again."

Ch'pok stood tall and cleared his throat, placing his hand more firmly on Knox's hip.

Looking to Ch'pok and then back to Jett.

"I have access to the Station's Life Support Systems. However, according to the Computer, all systems are operational. I suspect that we shall not be able to know for sure if..."

Knox had lowered her voice, but did not want to finish her sentence.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

T'Prina

[Outside Columbus - Security Waypoint Pylon 2]

T'Prina carefully adjusted the sensor module when the hull of the Starbase shook beneath her feet. The Vulcan wasn't particularly fond of open space, even with the environmental suit. She latched on to the pole in front of her and radioed back to Crewman Pilgrim, in the runabout.

=/\="Excuse me, Crewman, but did the onboard sensors pick up any sort of disturbance just now?"=/\= Her voice was calm, not betraying the tingle of fear she actually felt.

=/\=Negative, ma'am,=/\= Ramona replied. =/\=I think you're just imagining things. I wouldn't worry though, I've had a few Klingon cadets that were spooked when it came to space-walks.=/\=

There was a blip, but it wasn't anything that could shake the station in any noticeable way. T'Prina bared her teeth in annoyance, since no one could witness the small concession to her temper.

=/\="I am not Á¢â,¬Ëœspooked' as you put it, Crewman Pilgrim. I felt the hull shake and I am relatively certain it is not supposed to do that. Can you please contact Officer Richter? She was to monitor our progress, and may have noticed something."=/\=

=/\=You got it boss,=/\= she responded before flipping channels. =/\=Richter, this is Pilgrim. Our resident Vulcan here wants to know if there was anything that would have caused the station to shake as she was on her space-walk.=/\=

On the comm line there was nothing but a steady static buzz.

=/\=Um, hello? Anyone home?=/\= Ramona asked.

=/\="Crewman, what have you heard back from Officer Richter?""=/\= T'Prina paged back to the runabout. With the last sensor adjusted, she was more than ready to return indoors, such as it was.

=/\=Nothing, actually. Unless she turned into an ancient transistor radio. I'd recommend coming back in right now.=/\=

=/\="I have just completed the last of the sensor alignments. I will be on board presently to discuss whatever situation may be currently occuring on the Columbus."=/\=

The science officer disengaged the lock that kept her suit magnetized to the hull and fired up the propulsion system to return back to the runabout. She entered through the airlock in the back, and removed the bulky ev suit before joining Ramona in the cockpit.

[Runabout - Santa Maria]

"You were unable to raise Officer Richter on the comm, have you attempted to cycle through the channels?" Being safely within the craft, her mind was busy working out a solution to the current problem.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Naira on August 08, 2017, 03:45:03 PM

[Engineering]

"You're bound to still feel some discomfort, but you should be fine to continue working if you feel up to it. You could return with us to Sickbay if you feel the need to, but currently our bedspace is limited."

"I've administered the morpholog to reduce the brain swelling," the one officer said to the other. "This one should be good to move now." He then turned to face the conscious woman, "So, will you be joining us as well?"

[ Engineering ]

"I will be following you, but not staying. I just want to be sure to see my friend is safely transported. Not that I don't trust you of course," Jenna replied. She then ran to grab a hoverbelt and her toolkit bag. When she slung it over her shoulder, she grimaced a bit, but made no sound as if she was in pain. "Chief I am going to make sure Molly gets to medical ok. After that I am going to investigate the power coupling. I want to rule out that it was physically sabotaged. I will report things as I go along." Jenna said to Dan.

While she waited, she programmed her PADD to relay to the last program that was run before the explosion. She was glad she was successful as she was going to pinpoint the location of the power coupling that caused the whole mess. She had hoped it was not sabotaged in her gut, but then again often times her gut judgement was wrong. There was a jump she seriously misjudged. She was thankful Caleb was there. If he was there he would have joked her, but she was thankful he seemed busy and wasn't there.

[ Passageway ]

Jenna looked puzzled as the two medical officers carried Molly along. It seemed that as time went on, the air was getting unsettling. The dark corridor was lit only by the flashlight Jenna was using to help the two medical officers along.  As they moved, Jenna was logging details on her PADD. She was also tracking the location of the power coupling.

Jenna wasn't easily afraid of the dark thanks to the many nights at sea she and Caleb shared.  The medical officers seemed a tad bit off put though. They stated it was much more lit the last time they came through. Jenna said that each step was one step closer.

[ Promenade ]

Jenna eyes went wide when the three finally made it to the promenade. There was a snowstorm inside the station. The group made quick haste toward medical as the temperature was much more than brisk. There was then a group of shirtless men who ran toward them from what looked to be a bar. They were screaming something about drunken snowangels.  Jenna just shook her head as the men passed.

Jenna then tapped on her combadge in order to get a message down to Dan. =/ \ = "Hey Chief. Looks like the environmental sensors have gone haywire. It's snowing in the promenade. Once I see Molly off, I am grabbing a coat and heading to the power coupling. I wonder if this is connected. I think if we get the coupling situation figured out, we can establish a baseline to get things fixed. I will report when I am at the coupling." =/ \ =

[ Medical Bay ]

Though Jenna was used to the snow, the light and warmth of the Medical Bay seemed to warm her spirits. Molly might not have been out of the woods, but she was safely where she needed to be. Jenna knelt beside her friend's medical bed. Jenna began to hum and then she quietly chanted "I roto i te pÁ...uri, i roto i te marama, i roto i ngÁ,, raruraru, i ngÁ,, harikoa, Á,,whinatia mai mÁ,,tou e te Ariki, ki te whirinaki i tÁ...u aroha, ki te mahi i Á,,u i pai ai, Á,,, ki te whakakorÁ...ria i tÁ...u ingoa Tapu,ko Ihu Karaiti hoki tÁ... mÁ,,tou Ariki. Á,,â,¬mine. " Jenna and her parents often would have various chants they learned from their Maori ancestors. Though she didn't use them often, in times of dire need she felt the need to. She believed this would grant grace, healing, and protection. Before she would head off to investigate, she wanted to see if she could get someone's attention to ask for a coat before she left into the cold blackness of the promenade. She also wondered if she should report the men making drunken snow angels, but thought they would find their way in eventually.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Ramona Pilgrim

Quote from: T'Prina on August 08, 2017, 08:24:49 PM

[Outside Columbus - Security Waypoint Pylon 2]

T'Prina carefully adjusted the sensor module when the hull of the Starbase shook beneath her feet. The Vulcan wasn't particularly fond of open space, even with the environmental suit. She latched on to the pole in front of her and radioed back to Crewman Pilgrim, in the runabout.

=/\="Excuse me, Crewman, but did the onboard sensors pick up any sort of disturbance just now?"=/\= Her voice was calm, not betraying the tingle of fear she actually felt.

=/\=Negative, ma'am,=/\= Ramona replied. =/\=I think you're just imagining things. I wouldn't worry though, I've had a few Klingon cadets that were spooked when it came to space-walks.=/\=

There was a blip, but it wasn't anything that could shake the station in any noticeable way. T'Prina bared her teeth in annoyance, since no one could witness the small concession to her temper.

=/\="I am not Á¢â,¬Ëœspooked' as you put it, Crewman Pilgrim. I felt the hull shake and I am relatively certain it is not supposed to do that. Can you please contact Officer Richter? She was to monitor our progress, and may have noticed something."=/\=

=/\=You got it boss,=/\= she responded before flipping channels. =/\=Richter, this is Pilgrim. Our resident Vulcan here wants to know if there was anything that would have caused the station to shake as she was on her space-walk.=/\=

On the comm line there was nothing but a steady static buzz.

=/\=Um, hello? Anyone home?=/\= Ramona asked.

=/\="Crewman, what have you heard back from Officer Richter?""=/\= T'Prina paged back to the runabout. With the last sensor adjusted, she was more than ready to return indoors, such as it was.

=/\=Nothing, actually. Unless she turned into an ancient transistor radio. I'd recommend coming back in right now.=/\=

=/\="I have just completed the last of the sensor alignments. I will be on board presently to discuss whatever situation may be currently occuring on the Columbus."=/\=

The science officer disengaged the lock that kept her suit magnetized to the hull and fired up the propulsion system to return back to the runabout. She entered through the airlock in the back, and removed the bulky ev suit before joining Ramona in the cockpit.

[Runabout - Santa Maria]

"You were unable to raise Officer Richter on the comm, have you attempted to cycle through the channels?" Being safely within the craft, her mind was busy working out a solution to the current problem.

[Runabout - Santa Maria]

"Of course I did. I'm obviously not a blonde," Ramona shot back. "You will note that all the channels are nothing but static."

Ramona was a little annoyed that this pointy-eared ball of pretentiousness thought that she had not already thought of that.

"I am merely attempting to rule out the obvious solutions as to not repeat them. I fail to see what the ludicrous color of your hair has to do with your ability to complete a simple channels scan." T'Prina leaned over her and activated the general sensor scan. It had limited capabilities, but showed numerous power fluctuations and systems failures all over the Starbase.

"Well, would ya look at that. You broke it," Ramona smiled a bit. "But seriously, we need to do a visual as well. Hopefully we can find an entrance not barred from the other side."

"A logical course of action from you. Given your poor sense of humor I find that, surprising. You have the helm, Crewman." The Vulcan lifted one swooped eyebrow, and took the seat next to Ramona. "I am going to study these readings to determine if there is any sort of pattern to these fluctuations and outages."

With that, Ramona started the flyby. Something didn't seem quite right.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 08, 2017, 11:22:59 AM

Tritter could tell instantly that the Commander was overwhelmed, he pondered for a moment "Understood Commander" He knew that he would have to be... inventive to solve this problem due to their personnel shortage. He knew that his only other option would be a temporary relocation. All he needed was bodies, and he could arrange that, since Engineering and Security were tied up with certain... issues. But he could at least get some bodies to help him get this situation taken care of. He than tapped his comm badge and replied to Commander Howell with the following, "We will relocate the Civilians, just let me know when you resolve the issue"

Tritter than tapped his comm badge once again, he than said "Lieutenant Commander Daorn, if you have a few bodies I can borrow, that would be excellent" It took a few moments before the Lieutenant Commander answered him, after a few moments, he would hear a stressed voice on the other end reply with, "We are very tied up Commander, but I have two Ensigns I can send you" Tritter took a moment, he than replied with "Thank you Lieutenant Commander" He than pondered for another moment, he had a lot of work to do and not many to do with it. He knew that he needed help, he had two helpers on the way, but he is going to try something.

He knew that their AI had mutated into something that resembled his Daughter, but he had some hope the AI might actually be helpful for once. But he was going to have to reign her in a bit, although a bit might be an understatement. He than tapped his comm badge, "Commander Tritter to Analyn" His tone was confident, deep and assertive, although mentally, the whole thing weirded him out. He would than hear a voice that was eerily similar to his Daughters come over the comm badge, the young sounding AI would pipe up with, "Hello Mister Twitter!" Tritter growled a bit, that didn't amuse him at all, but he didn't let it rile him up for now, he than answered with, "Tritter, with an R" He than heard some strange giggling come over his comm badge.

He sighed once again, he felt like he was adding another kid into the mix. He than heard the young female AI reply with, "Well Mister Twitter, what can I help you with?" The AI's voice was young, bubbly and immature sounding. Tritter rubbed his temples in frustration, he dreaded that name. Hopefully it doesn't become something that becomes wide spread. He than replied with, "Well, we need to evacuate the upper stem and I am going to need your help once Ensigns Jones and Davis arrive" He would than hear giggling come over his comm badge, followed by "This is going to be soo much fun Mister Twitter" Tritter ran his left hand over his head and sighed, this is going to be a fun one for sure. He was soaking wet, got snowed on and now has to do deal with a "child" that he has to get help from, corral them and also try to get them to actually do what he needs. Fun times indeed.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Thomas Jett on August 08, 2017, 05:48:11 PM

[Puzzle's Main Bar]

Jett entered the main door as he was leading several civilians into the bar.  He pointed to the end of the bar and said "Go to the edge and sit together, make bodily contact it will help you all keep warm"

He then spoke to himself and said "I know I wanted a Frosty this morning, but this is too much"

He took his long leather Jacket and handed it to a group of civilians it will hopefully keep them warm

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 08, 2017, 08:21:29 PM

"It is ..... strange."

Ch'pok answered. Knox was surprised. He was standing rather close to her with his hand on her side. With her left arm in the sling, Knox felt slightly sorry for herself and allowed his hand to linger. All she wanted was to sink in Ch'pok's arms under a warm blanket with a bowl of hot 80 % cocoa with thick Vissian cream.

Knox was so grateful for Leanna as she graciously welcomed all into Puzzles regardless if they were entering as a paying customer or scared refugee.

"Thank you Leanna. We really appreciate all that you are doing here. These power outages are concerning. The generator controlling the lights and environmental settings here, what about life - "

Jett....

Knox turned around.

And, yes. His pistol.

"Jett. Hello again."

Ch'pok stood tall and cleared his throat, placing his hand more firmly on Knox's hip.

Looking to Ch'pok and then back to Jett.

"I have access to the Station's Life Support Systems. However, according to the Computer, all systems are operational. I suspect that we shall not be able to know for sure if..."

Knox had lowered her voice, but did not want to finish her sentence.

[Puzzles]

" Strange is definitely the right word to describe although these days it takes very little to faze me ", Leanna replied honestly noticing how the Klingon was around Knox and couldn't help but smile as she was a great believer in love and happiness. When Knox then thanked her for what she was doing with bar she waved it off " I don't mind at all its the least I can do and as long as everyone is happy and have everything they need then that's the main thing and I understand how concerning this situation is" she said before they were interrupted by someone she didn't recognise but Knox clearly did.

She also picked up on the change in emotion before and after she had spoken and hoped that a solution could be found quickly. Leanna then addressed the newcomer who had also asked who the owner was and wasn't sure what to make of him at first. " Jett is it?, I'm the owner of the bar and I hope you have a good reason for the pistol, I don't want my customers to be scared more than they already are with what's going on".

Thomas Jett

As soon as Jett finished his question he calmly looked at his pistol and began pondering his next move.  He figured if they stayed in the same place they would eventually die from either cold or oxygen deprivation.  Jett has seen firsthand how it affects people mind.  If they don't act fast they won't be able to think for much longer.

Step one goes to Life Support Systems, change the settings manually.  Step two, if settings don't work go to the computer core and shoot the shit out of it.  The emergency systems will kick it and manual control would be re establish...hopefully, Starfleet emergency protocols of Computer failure has not changed since I was forced to retire Jett thought
He was a little quiet for a second until he heard a familiar voice.

"Jett. Hello again."

Jett then looked at Knox and her Klingon Companion.  He noticed that he cleared his throat trying to make sure that Jett noticed his presence and his hand on her hip.  Jett stood silent for a second and wondered the reasoning for it.  Maybe he was jealous of his good looks?  Regardless,  Jett had a mission in his mind and time was counting down.

He responded to her greeting by saying "I believe you are Ensign Knox, am I correct?  I haven't seen you since our last expedition.

Jett then continued looking at his pistol pondering his next move when he heard Knox saying.

Jett then turned around and look at Knox directly in the eye.  He knew that she was going to ask her to take a leap of faith for him.  He noticed her voice trailing off.  She apparently figured the same thing that he did going into the Life Support system the way it is right now would likely be a suicide mission.  If the vets were creating snow, means sections might be flooded, other sections might be on fire.  It could be chaos out there.

Before he could respond a new person, someone, he did know since he interrupted the conversation looking for people.  The new person a lady spoke and Jett listened.

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 09, 2017, 09:04:30 AM

Jett is it?, I'm the owner of the bar and I hope you have a good reason for the pistol, I don't want my customers to be scared more than they already are with what's going on".

Jett gave a cocky smile and he first tried to be polite.  "Yeah, I'm Thomas Jett just a civilian on the base.  Thank you for letting us in your establishment.  As much as I would love to a drink, things are not exactly normal here"

Jett then looked both of them and spoke in a relatively low tone of voice he did not want to hear "I hate to break the bad news for you Ensign, but I think there is something wrong with the computer analysis."  Jett said in a sarcastic tone.  He knew he was stating the obvious as the snow was coming from outside.

Jett continued "I am from Earth and we have snow there,  as I'm sure Ms. Yellow here knows"  Jett gave a quick look at Knox as referencing her yellow uniform.  "Snow is just vapor that is frozen the air must be circulating for snow to call, so Life Support is working for now" Jett explained the obvious

He then continued "The problem is that ship's and probably this Station Life Support system was not designed to handle frozen humidity, the problem is that the air vents will start getting blocked by the snow and eventually a sheet of ice will cover the air vents.  With the sheet of ice completely covered up, all air circulation will cease and we will all die from oxygen deprivation.  Or at least my theory"  Jett then looked at Knox science was her strong suit and not his.  However, he knew the basics to get by.

Jett then picked up the pistol and explained "I plan on going to main life support system to manually change the settings.  If I can't fix it then I the problem might lie on the Computer Core. Being a Civilian I don't have access codes but I have a master key right here "  Tom showed the gun insinuating he was crazy enough to start shooting at every system that would try and stop him.

He then looked at Knox and said "I just need your access codes not you, no one needs to come with me, I'll do it alone "

He looked at the Bartender and continued "It's going to keep getting colder, as tempting as a fire might be too warm everyone up, remember we might be running out of oxygen.  Try to keep people together their body heat will help them keep them warm"

Jett then pulled his pistol back in the holster he felt that he needed to explain something "And before anyone puts it in their head that I am doing this out of some noble crusade to save everyone....let's get our facts straight. First,  I expect a reward for this.  Second, if I do nothing then I die and I can't spend money if I'm dead...so I'm doing this out of my own self-interest"

Jett then smiled at the Bartender and said: "Before I leave can I get a free shot?"

Naira

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 08, 2017, 09:10:30 PM

[ Engineering ]

"I will be following you, but not staying. I just want to be sure to see my friend is safely transported. Not that I don't trust you of course," Jenna replied. She then ran to grab a hoverbelt and her toolkit bag. When she slung it over her shoulder, she grimaced a bit, but made no sound as if she was in pain. "Chief I am going to make sure Molly gets to medical ok. After that I am going to investigate the power coupling. I want to rule out that it was physically sabotaged. I will report things as I go along." Jenna said to Dan.

While she waited, she programmed her PADD to relay to the last program that was run before the explosion. She was glad she was successful as she was going to pinpoint the location of the power coupling that caused the whole mess. She had hoped it was not sabotaged in her gut, but then again often times her gut judgement was wrong. There was a jump she seriously misjudged. She was thankful Caleb was there. If he was there he would have joked her, but she was thankful he seemed busy and wasn't there.

[ Passageway ]

Jenna looked puzzled as the two medical officers carried Molly along. It seemed that as time went on, the air was getting unsettling. The dark corridor was lit only by the flashlight Jenna was using to help the two medical officers along.  As they moved, Jenna was logging details on her PADD. She was also tracking the location of the power coupling.

Jenna wasn't easily afraid of the dark thanks to the many nights at sea she and Caleb shared.  The medical officers seemed a tad bit off put though. They stated it was much more lit the last time they came through. Jenna said that each step was one step closer.

[ Promenade ]

Jenna eyes went wide when the three finally made it to the promenade. There was a snowstorm inside the station. The group made quick haste toward medical as the temperature was much more than brisk. There was then a group of shirtless men who ran toward them from what looked to be a bar. They were screaming something about drunken snowangels.  Jenna just shook her head as the men passed.

Jenna then tapped on her combadge in order to get a message down to Dan. =/ \ = "Hey Chief. Looks like the environmental sensors have gone haywire. It's snowing in the promenade. Once I see Molly off, I am grabbing a coat and heading to the power coupling. I wonder if this is connected. I think if we get the coupling situation figured out, we can establish a baseline to get things fixed. I will report when I am at the coupling." =/ \ =

[ Medical Bay ]

Though Jenna was used to the snow, the light and warmth of the Medical Bay seemed to warm her spirits. Molly might not have been out of the woods, but she was safely where she needed to be. Jenna knelt beside her friend's medical bed. Jenna began to hum and then she quietly chanted "I roto i te pÁ...uri, i roto i te marama, i roto i ngÁ,, raruraru, i ngÁ,, harikoa, Á,,whinatia mai mÁ,,tou e te Ariki, ki te whirinaki i tÁ...u aroha, ki te mahi i Á,,u i pai ai, Á,,, ki te whakakorÁ...ria i tÁ...u ingoa Tapu,ko Ihu Karaiti hoki tÁ... mÁ,,tou Ariki. Á,,â,¬mine. " Jenna and her parents often would have various chants they learned from their Maori ancestors. Though she didn't use them often, in times of dire need she felt the need to. She believed this would grant grace, healing, and protection. Before she would head off to investigate, she wanted to see if she could get someone's attention to ask for a coat before she left into the cold blackness of the promenade. She also wondered if she should report the men making drunken snow angels, but thought they would find their way in eventually.

[Sickbay]

Naira sat down Lurels and ushered her back towards the office when she saw two medical officers come through the door carrying an unconscious woman on a stretcher. Over her yellow uniform sat a thin layer of what looked like...snow?

Was it really that bad out there?

"This one's got hemorrhaging of the brain and a dislocated shoulder," the first officer said as he turned the stretcher to set it down on the closest open biobed.

Naira rushed over to the table and grabbed a tricorder of her own to confirm the diagnoses.

"Your friend is in good hands," the second officer spoke the the engineer that accompanied them back to sickbay. "And thanks for the help."

Taking up a vascular regenerator, Naira began to heal the ruptured blood vessels within the woman's skull. The morphenolog she had been given reduced the swelling and with any luck she would pull through this.

[Docking Ring]

General Yoduk had slowly made his way through the dark, all the way to the docking ring where the K'tomoc sat while repairs to it were being made. Of the Seventy-five members of his crew, only about a dozen were on board currently. There wasn't much for them to do other than to oversee repairs and keep an eye on systems, so most of the crew had been allowed to disembark to help the refugees settle in and enjoy the finer comforts the station had to offer.

"Get me these things," he said as he tossed the padd to the nearest Klingon warrior.

"General?" The warrior furled his brow as he read over the list.

"Toh-pah! Are you questioning me?" The General barked at the man.

The warrior did as he was told and raided their limited supply of medical supplies, but they only had half of what was listed. Klingon medical technology had not advanced at the same rate as that of the Federation. Instead of relying on science to fix their every problem or cure every little minor discomfort, they preferred to bandage up their wounded only after the battle had been won. Pain and scars were seen as badges of honor, the sign of a good fight and the source of many good stories.

Gathering up what they could spare, the general grabbed a large thermos of rakajino and left the K'tomoc.

[Sickbay]

Naira was seeing to another patient when a call came in from the child-like AI system. =/\= Miss Naira, Mr. Twitter wants to evacke...evac...wants you to move out of the upper stem. Wife support systems aren't working right. =/\=

Wife? Life? Life support was failing now!

She loved children, but she desperately hoped that someone would take the time to reprogram the damn thing. It was like trying to talk with a toddler that had been given the power to potentially kill them all.

"Okay people," she called out to the room. "You heard her, we have to get everyone out of here. I want the more immediate cases moved to the cargo bay on deck 70 and those with minor injuries will be sent to Secondary Sickbay."

She glanced around the room as doctors and nurses began to pack up all the supplies they could carry and prepare to move their patients.

"Dr. Lunn, I want you to head up the team at sickbay." She said as she pulled him aside for a moment. "I know this might be stressful on you, with everything going on, but I need you to to keep it together for their sake."

"Now let's go people!" She stood by the door shooing everyone out into the dark. 

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Operations]

Damage reports were coming in from all over the Station:

"We have lights out, forcefields down on the brig, snow on the Promenade, life support is on the fritz, engineering was knocked out of commission and sickbay is being evacuated," Ross said over his shoulder. "Analyn, great work on the warp containment systems, can you get me fire control?"

"You're a cutie Ross, so I will. Here we go!"

"Sir!" Ross exclaimed in a panicked voice. "The replicators and fire suppressors are all spraying some kind of liquid!"

"It's punch!" Analyn sang out.

"Technically any liquid except alcohol or fuel would work," Ross felt it appropriate to add.

"Analyn!" Adeyemi yelled, enraged. "Fire suppression, now!"

"Alright, alright, cap'n Grumpy..."

"Confirmed, fire control is online. Aquaponics is scorched like hell, captain, but we've got it under control. We won't be eating any fish sticks for a while."

"Awwww..." Analyn whimpered.

"Let's reroute the civilians away from any heavily damaged areas. Liaise with civilian security." The captain said, calm and collected.

"Sir, civilian security and our own security officers have got their hands full." Ross informed him. "We do not have enough personnel to evacuate anyone."

"Mobilize any Starfleet uniform. Myself included. We've all been to Basic or the Academy," Adeyemi said. "Civilian flight controllers, the search and rescue specialists, even the librarians."

"Orders going out. Will you be on the Promenade, sir?" Ross asked.

The captain was already scooping the hand phaser he kept in a storage bin near his command chair. This wasn't an attack, but with the brig forcefields down he was not taking any chances.

"You are correct, Ross. You have Operations."

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Naira on August 09, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

[Sickbay]

"This one's got hemorrhaging of the brain and a dislocated shoulder," the first officer said as he turned the stretcher to set it down on the closest open biobed.

Naira rushed over to the table and grabbed a tricorder of her own to confirm the diagnoses.

"Your friend is in good hands," the second officer spoke the the engineer that accompanied them back to sickbay. "And thanks for the help."

Taking up a vascular regenerator, Naira began to heal the ruptured blood vessels within the woman's skull. The morphenolog she had been given reduced the swelling and with any luck she would pull through this.

[ Sick Bay ]

"Thank you. Please take care of her. She's my only friend on this rust bucket of a new home" Jenna began. She went to get up and winced in pain again. It was then it dawned on her. She got out her tricorder and measured the temperature outside. "Shit... How am I going go fix that coupling without getting sick? I am already banged up as it is. Even if I run out there, I still risk hypothermia. Who knows if there are snow drifts or how long it has been snowing. I don't like that wind that's been kicking up," Jenna thought. The distance from medical would be a trek. Under normal circumstances, she would see it as no problem, but this cold was just like the mountains she used to climb in the winters back home. She was very under equipped and even she knew risking hypothermia for a hunch was not the best move. She then got an idea, it might be a long shot, but it might just work.

"Hey doc,"Jenna began speaking to Naria. "I hate to bother you during evac, but do you have any emergency foil blankets left over? I need to go fix a power coupling. The journey from here to there is a tad bid dangerous seeing as it's very cold and I don't have a coat. Take it from experience borderline hypothermia is not good" As she said this, Molly was being wheeled out of medical. "It's going to be ok. She's in good hands now," Caleb's voice said echoing in her head. She was glad to be talking to him again. She knew time was of the essence, but it seemed to slow for a moment. With Molly out of commission and her being far from Dan, she felt like a stranger in a far outpost at that point. This was nothing new of course, but it reminded her why she wanted to come back to Star Fleet.

While she waited for the good doctor to reply, she let her mind wander for a moment. Maybe it was the medication setting in or maybe she was trying to find comfort in the moment. She thought back to the time Caleb and her went on a ski trip. As she thought about it, her hand absentmindedly went to her locket. The faces of the group were fuzzy, but the memory made her smile. As she turned the locket in her hand, it immediately opened after she placed her thumb on the back of it. A small, but old earth tune began to play. The song comforted her. and she didn't mind it playing out loud. She snapped to reality and looked on the inside of the locket. A photo of four people was inside it. Her and Caleb were there of course. Beside the two, were a brother and sister. He was muscular and tall, and she was just as tiny as Jenna. Her eyes twinkled with a timelessness that the photo barely did justice to. Her chestnut hair was a stark contrast to the blonde that Jenna was sporting at the time. Caleb's hair was short and his face wasn't aged like the last time she saw him. The four of them were grouped together making goofy faces. They stood in front of their favorite ski-lodge. Jenna smiled at the photo. Before the song could loop again, she closed the locket and kissed it. This was a ritual she found herself doing in time of stress. "Sorry this is an old stress reliever for me. Hopefully a path will be clear enough to fix that coupling,"Jenna said trying to get back to business.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.