Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 01, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Promenade - Dyser Weapons Shop]

"2% over prime." The merchant Dyser said.

"2% won't cover our losses," The other one moaned.

"=/\=Howell...=/\=" Adeyemi said, warningly, into his commbadge.

Just then the forcefield covering the door of the shop winked off. The captain crossed his arms over his chest.

"My people will be up here in a moment with heavy equipment to cut through that cage," The captain said. "Unless you want to save us the trouble and release yourselves. Come out here and discuss this like gentlemen."

"I, sir, am a lady," One of the doglike aliens said to him, shaking her head, ears flopping.

More like a bitch. Adeyemi thought, shedding some grace, and then immediately said a tiny little prayer to seek forgiveness. This day was trying him already.

"Or I could call Commander Tritter? You recall Michael Tritter?" Adeyemi asked, cocking his head to the side.

The warrior Dyser stirred a bit, and said something quietly to the other two, something that didn't quite translate well. All Adeymei got was static in his UT. He tapped a booted foot on the deck and made as if to hit his commbadge.

"Captain, we will come out." The Dyser warrior declared.

"Then I will call off my dogs," Adeyemi said back in a condescending tone.

"Sir, I will deal with these three." A voice said. The captain turned and was pleased to see Lieutenant Commander Ay'la, the Strategic Ops Officer. "Engineering has been damaged."

"Red alert," The captain said, leaving his third officer to deal with the now reluctantly emerging dog aliens. "=/\=Analyn, report.=/\="

"=/\=Aye, aye, captain=/\=!" Said a jaunty toddler voice, as happy as a clam. "=/\='Splody in engineering. Big. Bada big boom=/\=!"

The klaxons were sounding, a harsh grating noise that echoed off the metal decks and bulkheads. Adeyemi was having trouble hearing the little girl's AI voice.

"=/\=Reroute emergency power to containment systems.=/\=" The captain replied, knowing that sometimes all the ANaLYN system was good for was obeying commands, not giving reports.

"=/\=Done. The doctors are also going there. Dr. Naira sure is pretty. I like her hair. Hey! Does 'gineering need cheerin'=/\=!?" The little girl asked excitedly. "=/\=Whenever I get sad a song always helps! BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP=/\=!"

"=/\=Operations.=/\=" Adeyemi said to the turbolift when he stepped inside.

"=/\=HAVE YOU ANY WOOOOOOOL=/\=!?" The little girl's voice thundered out over the entire station.

"=/\=And step on it,=/\=" The captain added, unnecessarily.

Susan Venator

Promenade

Suzie, having taken a temporary assignment to the Ops department on Columbus as a chance for a change, was walking along the lower promenade when all the electrical started going haywire. Not really knowing where she should be going, she headed for the only source of light she could see.

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie entered the bar and looked for anyone who might be able to tell her what the hell was going on. She was already getting a headache from the high levels of emotions around. These were not normal ones, if she had to guess she would have to say that there were Klingons somewhere around. She went up to the bar.

"Hi, any chance of a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger?" She asked the person behind the bar, feeling hungry.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2017, 03:42:42 PM

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie entered the bar and looked for anyone who might be able to tell her what the hell was going on. She was already getting a headache from the high levels of emotions around. These were not normal ones, if she had to guess she would have to say that there were Klingons somewhere around. She went up to the bar.

"Hi, any chance of a strawberry milkshake and a cheeseburger?" She asked the person behind the bar, feeling hungry.

[Puzzles Bar & Restaurant]

With Leanna talking to and serving the injured Starfleet officer and the Klingon with her, Maggie smiled as another golden clad officer approached the bar and asked if there was any chance for a strawberry milkshake and cheeseburger. In her sweet southern voice she replied " Sure I can get that for you " she replied picking up an old fashioned pad and pencil to write down the food order. As much as they relied on technology in the bar Leanna liked to use old fashioned touches as much as she could and it was something Maggie embraced fully.

" Now with the cheeseburger would you like any fries or sides with that ?" she asked politely.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 07, 2017, 04:11:34 PM

With Leanna talking to and serving the injured Starfleet officer and the Klingon with her, Maggie smiled as another golden clad officer approached the bar and asked if there was any chance for a strawberry milkshake and cheeseburger. In her sweet southern voice she replied " Sure I can get that for you " she replied picking up an old fashioned pad and pencil to write down the food order. As much as they relied on technology in the bar Leanna liked to use old fashioned touches as much as she could and it was something Maggie embraced fully.

" Now with the cheeseburger would you like any fries or sides with that ?" she asked politely.

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie smiled at the rather sweet accent the girl had. It reminded her of Helen, the woman who had practically raised her.

"Yes please. Can I have a large fries and a portion of onion rings. Both with mayonnaise. Also can the burger be medium rare with lettuce, tomato and pickles." She read off, completing one of her favourite meals. "Any idea what's happening? I've literally just arrived. I'm here for the next few weeks. Lieutenant Susan Venator. But you can call me Suzie." She finished, holding her hand out like Helen had taught her.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2017, 04:17:28 PM

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie smiled at the rather sweet accent the girl had. It reminded her of Helen, the woman who had practically raised her.

"Yes please. Can I have a large fries and a portion of onion rings. Both with mayonnaise. Also can the burger be medium rare with lettuce, tomato and pickles." She read off, completing one of her favourite meals. "Any idea what's happening? I've literally just arrived. I'm here for the next few weeks. Lieutenant Susan Venator. But you can call me Suzie." She finished, holding her hand out like Helen had taught her.

Maggie smiled as the officer answered her question and jotted down the full complete on the pad before answering her " Of course not a problem at all" she replied. Then the question came about what happened then the officer introduced herself and held out her hand so Maggie popped the pad down and shook it gently and quickly with her own " Pleased to meet you Suzie, I'm Maggie and not to sure all we know is that the bar shook slightly then the power went before our back up generator kicked in" she answered honestly. Maggie then passed the order back to the kitchen and got the glass ready to make the milkshake.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 07, 2017, 04:40:45 PM

Maggie smiled as the officer answered her question and jotted down the full complete on the pad before answering her " Of course not a problem at all" she replied. Then the question came about what happened then the officer introduced herself and held out her hand so Maggie popped the pad down and shook it gently and quickly with her own " Pleased to meet you Suzie, I'm Maggie and not to sure all we know is that the bar shook slightly then the power went before our back up generator kicked in" she answered honestly. Maggie then passed the order back to the kitchen and got the glass ready to make the milkshake.

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie nodded and smiled, despite her worsening headache.

"Pleased to meet you Maggie." She replied before pulling a packet of neural analgesics from her pocket and dry swallowing a couple. She tried not to use them as they tended to dull her abilities, but she needed the relief she would get from them. She could meditate later. Right now she was hungry.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2017, 05:14:22 PM

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie nodded and smiled, despite her worsening headache.

"Pleased to meet you Maggie." She replied before pulling a packet of neural analgesics from her pocket and dry swallowing a couple. She tried not to use them as they tended to dull her abilities, but she needed the relief she would get from them. She could meditate later. Right now she was hungry.

Maggie smiled and began preparing the strawberry milkshake again they could use replicators for such simple drinks but there was nothing more satisfying than making it by hand even if it took a few minutes longer and at least the customer would get something more fresh and tasty. Concern at the sight of Suzie taking pain relief but could understand that sometimes it just had to be done.

Once finished making the milkshake she added a couple of sliced strawberries for decoration, a stirrer and straw then placed it on the counter in front of Suzie. "There we go one strawberry milkshake and your meal should be with you in the next 10 to 15 minutes".

Susan Venator

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 07, 2017, 05:27:55 PM

Maggie smiled and began preparing the strawberry milkshake again they could use replicators for such simple drinks but there was nothing more satisfying than making it by hand even if it took a few minutes longer and at least the customer would get something more fresh and tasty. Concern at the sight of Suzie taking pain relief but could understand that sometimes it just had to be done.

Once finished making the milkshake she added a couple of sliced strawberries for decoration, a stirrer and straw then placed it on the counter in front of Suzie. "There we go one strawberry milkshake and your meal should be with you in the next 10 to 15 minutes".

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie smiled and took a sip through the straw, sighing with pleasure.

"Ah bliss!" she remarked as she took a seat to await her food.

With her headache lessening, she took the opportunity to look around. The restaurant was a pleasant, homely looking place. She hoped that she would be able to eat before being called to duty.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2017, 05:51:41 PM

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie smiled and took a sip through the straw, sighing with pleasure.

"Ah bliss!" she remarked as she took a seat to await her food.

With her headache lessening, she took the opportunity to look around. The restaurant was a pleasant, homely looking place. She hoped that she would be able to eat before being called to duty.

" Just what we like to hear" Maggie remarked as Suzie commented on the milkshake and for the young southern girl it meant a lot to have a satisfied customer. As she then left to take a seat to await the rest of her order, Maggie returned to clearing up the empty glasses, putting them in the washer unit before refilling the straws and bar snacks on the main counter.

Not long after Mika the head cook called out through the serving hatch to say that Suzie's order was ready and she went over to collect it. Carrying the tray like the pro that she was she soon arrived at Suzie's table. " Here we go one cheeseburger cooked medium rare with lettuce,tomato and pickles, large fries, onion rings and two lots of mayonnaise, if you need anything elsejust give me a shout" she said placing everything on the table.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 07, 2017, 06:05:52 PM

" Just what we like to hear" Maggie remarked as Suzie commented on the milkshake and for the young southern girl it meant a lot to have a satisfied customer. As she then left to take a seat to await the rest of her order, Maggie returned to clearing up the empty glasses, putting them in the washer unit before refilling the straws and bar snacks on the main counter.

Not long after Mika the head cook called out through the serving hatch to say that Suzie's order was ready and she went over to collect it. Carrying the tray like the pro that she was she soon arrived at Suzie's table. " Here we go one cheeseburger cooked medium rare with lettuce,tomato and pickles, large fries, onion rings and two lots of mayonnaise, if you need anything elsejust give me a shout" she said placing everything on the table.

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie's eyes lit up at the feast before her.

"Thank you Maggie." She replied with another smile as she dug in. Taking some of the mayo, she added it to her burger, before taking a huge bite.

She sat there for some time, alternating bites of her burger with some fries or onion rings and the occasional slurp of milkshake. The food was fantastic. Just like at the diner not far from the Academy where she had spent many happy hours eating and reading.

Soon she finished and, wiping her mouth with a serviette, she nodded at Maggie.

"That was great Maggie, just what I needed. Now I'd better contct the Captain to see if there is anything I can do." She smiled at the waitress again before tapping her com-badge.

=/\=Venator to Captain Adeyemi. I've just arrived on the station Sir. Is there anything you want me to get on with?=/\=

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Operations]

"Captain in Ops." The armed security officer said when Adeyemi stepped off the lift.

"Report," The captain said.

"Minor power fluctuations and damage all throughout the Station, captain," Ross, the Ops officer, said. "Systems are failing and coming back online."

"Cause?"

"Engineering has taken heavy damage. Casualties unknown."

"Sir, the brig has just experienced a system wide power failure." The security officer reported.

"Forcefields?"

"Down."

"You and you," Adeyemi said, indicating the armed officer by the turbolift and the one who had reported the damage. "Get down there. Maintain order."

Quote from: Susan Venator on August 07, 2017, 06:40:30 PM

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

=/\=Venator to Captain Adeyemi. I've just arrived on the station Sir. Is there anything you want me to get on with?=/\=

[Ops]

Perfect timing.

"=/\=Adeyemi to Venator. Welcome aboard. Get yourself down to the brig. The forcefields are down there. I'm sending you help. I'd recommend tactical lights and rifles.=/\="

Ops seemed to lurch suddenly, a sickening little shiver that had Adeyemi's stomach suddenly in knots. It sounded like as if hail was hitting a metal roof for a moment, then it was gone.

"That was the Ops deflector shield," An officer said without having been asked. "It dropped for a moment, enough to let in a few meteoroids. Had that gone on any longer..."

"Understood." The captain said. "=/\=Ops to engineering. We need options. Now.=/\="

Auzual Knox

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 07, 2017, 09:07:15 AM

" Thank you Knox and welcome to Puzzles " she replied remembering her name as she always did with everyone. " There's a first aid area next to my office that you can use or I can have one of my staff bring over the medkit and certainly two glasses of grape juice coming right up" she said politely    before reaching down under the counter for the glasses then collected a pitcher from the refrigeration unit behind her and poured the drinks.

"Thank you, Leanna. I am surprised that you remember me. Btw, it is most impressive that you have both the back-up generator installed and first aid facilities all ready for your grand opening. And, I think the medkit - "

Ch'pok sighed.

"The use of your first aid area would be very appreciated. Thank you, Leanna."

Knox was very impressed with the young Betazoid and appreciated her propriety, considering that she did not need her telepathy to realize what had just occurred between Knox and Ch'pok.

Knox picked up her grape juice and wondered who the Klingon beside her really was. He noticed her looking at him and shifted his gaze to Leanna's office. Moments later they were in a small room with one examination bed surrounded by all necessary medical supplies and equipment. And, before Knox could even ask Ch'pok to lay down, he had lifted her onto the bed and began examining her injuries.

"You are not the first non-Klingon I have become familiar with. You may be strong but you brake just as easily."

Raising her right eyebrow and smiling, Knox stretched out for the thermal regenerator and inspected its settings before holding it to Ch'pok's face.

"You are not the first Klingon that I have become familiar with, either."

His facial expressions were perfect.

"Hold still, or you may end up looking like that forever."

"You are impossible. And, you enrage me."

He placed her left arm into a sling whilst scanning her with the tricorder.

"Interesting. It is true what they say about Trills."

"That we make amazing lovers?"

"That your symbiont weakens your immune system and your healing response is slow."

Knox began attempting to remove Ch'pok's armor as to better ascertain his injuries. He held his hands up.

"My healing response is fast. Now, permit me to assist you."

And with that she rested on the bed.

"So, grape juice huh?"

30 minutes later

"Leanna, have there been any communications? I could not get through to Engineering. Has anyone on the night shift reported what is happening? It is very unusual that we have not heard anything at all. Surely a Station-wide alert should have come on by now?"

=/\= Computer. Run Station-wide diagnostic and sound alert when complete. Also, alert when other system errors occur. =/\=

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 07, 2017, 07:16:52 PM

[Ops]

Perfect timing.

"=/\=Adeyemi to Venator. Welcome aboard. Get yourself down to the brig. The forcefields are down there. I'm sending you help. I'd recommend tactical lights and rifles.=/\="

Puzzles Bar & Restaurant

Suzie nodded, even though the Captain could not see her.

=/\=Aye Captain. On my way. Venator out!=/\=

Suzie nodded again to Maggie before pulling up a schematic of the station on her wrist mounted PADD.

She quickly found the nearest weapons locker and set of as fast as she could in the low light.

Lower Promenade - Emergency Weapons Locker

Upon arrival, she immediately strapped a set of tactical lights to her right wrist and armed herself with a Type II phaser and a compressed phaser rifle. Seeing that there was a set of emergency tools there as well, she strapped them on too before heading down to the Brig.

Brig

Suzie, on full alert entered the Brig. As the Captain had said the force fields were down and the prisoners were in no mood to stay caged up. Luckily there were several security personnel there keeping them in order.

"Keep them away and I'll try to get the force fields back on using emergency power. We might not be able to get all the cells operational, but we'll have enough to be getting on with." She said to the nearest crewman.

She immediately went over to cell one, that she knew from experience would have an independent power supply. This was designed to be able to secure all prisoners in one cell until main power was restored. Openning the access pannel, she was met with a flurry of sparks. This was going to be more difficult that she first thought! She thought to herself.

Auzual Knox

-- Station-wide analysis complete. All systems are functional and operating within normal parameters. Zero system errors have been reported.  --

The Computer sounded.

Then, snow began falling.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Tritter was making his way back to his office when he felt something wet hit him on the shoulder. He boggled for a moment, he than checked to see if it was some type of fluid, such as hydraulic fluid or anything of that sort. He noticed it was water... That seemed, strange. He than noticed it actually started to rain, an actual full fledged rain. Something was a miss, he than tapped his comm badge and stated, "Commander Tritter to Captain Ayedemi, it's raining on Deck 5" The Large man's tone was serious, which would almost be something that might be amusing if someone didn't know that was actually as serious as a heart attack.

He than heard his comm badge go off "Sir, theres life support system failures in the Upper Stem, we are working on isolating it, but it's getting messy" Tritter sighed a bit, time to rock and roll. He than tapped his comm badge and replied with, "On my way" He planned on surveying the situation when he arrived. He also knew that this would be a messy situation, with plenty of people panicking. The systems usually behaved themselves, but there was definately something amiss. It didn't take long for the rain to actually go past being a mist to a nearly full on storm. The large Executive Officer looked like a miserable wet dog, if one was smart, they would not push their luck with him.

While making his way to the Upper Stem, he tapped his comm badge and stated, "Commander Tritter to Commander Howell, we have intermittent life support losses in the Upper Stem, whats going on?" He was unsure if the Commander was in a position to tell him anything, but he was hoping to have somewhat of a clue by the time he arrived to the Upper Stem. He also ran into several other rain clouds and one that was snow... And if anyone knew him, snow was not his thing. There was one point where he looked like a soaking wet, miserable seven foot tall snow man who might just murder you with your own intestine if you looked at him the wrong way.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.