Author Topic: Insert thread title here (Jada & James)  (Read 974 times)

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Insert thread title here (Jada & James)
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:54 pm »
Crewwoman Jada Nozama, Personal Log

Stardate: <automatic input>

Ordinary shift. Ordinary day.

...I think I <bleep>ed up. Fraternising with the enemy, abandoning a mission for personal affairs, I suppose you'd call it. <Bleep> Starfleet wants its people to be honest and responsible. They actually expect us to own up to our mistakes and misbehaviour, even if we don't have to. Weird. It's like doing what you want, profiting off it, and getting away with it isn't a virtue in the Federation.

No one knows what I did. Okay, maybe they suspect, but wouldn't dare raise it. And they can't prove it. I can get away with it.

But I know. So, you can never completely get away with it. I can't deceive myself. And right now, I love myself and need to do right by me. I failed myself, I owe myself. I feel... what do humans call it? Oh, yeah, guilty. Really weird.

I want to do this Starfleet thing right. Not just for them, or the clan, but for me. Ever since I was attacked by the gisjacheh shadow-cat, I've always been watching my own back. Pushing myself to do better.

I think I should report myself to Hawk. But then I think I can call it a pheromone feedback overdose or something; I can probably get excused on medical reasons. Or maybe he'll be too shocked to let it go further. Who wants to know about someone having sex with their alternate? I wouldn't, and I did it... And I'm right back to getting away with it. Or maybe I just own up to it, be all honest and responsible like Starfleet wants, show myself to be a good Starfleet girl. I'd earn some good social credit, with them and me. And I'm back to profiting off it.

I want to do the right thing. Only I have two different right things and can't tell the difference.

Well, I really screwed myself.

End log.

Delete.

[XO's Office]

Jada spent ages stalking around the ship, trying to work up the nerve to speak to Hawk. She even wondered if she ought to speak with a counsellor first, but she still didn't really understand the point of them. She knew her own mind, better than anyone, and didn't know what else a counsellor could tell her. No, she'd transgressed the terms of her service to Starfleet, and she felt increasingly obliged to report it, whatever its nature and consequences. Oh, she could bury it, she could get away with it, but she'd always have doubts and regrets. It would hunt her like a shadow-cat until she turned and confronted it.

At last, she presented herself to Hawk's new office – he was XO now, but it had been on his watch she'd messed up. Stepping in, she greeted formally, and rather stiffly as she restrained her tension and anxiety, 'Commander Hawk. I have the final report on the transporter security protocol upgrades.' That was her excuse in case she turned coward at the last moment; the patches and upgrades following not one, but two illicit transports through the Tempest's shields had been extensive and detailed.

But Jada hesitated, then she said it. 'Sir, about the rescue mission to the Mirror Tempest...' she began uncertainly, shuddering 'I need to report myself for dereliction of duty, abandoning a mission, and fraternising with the enemy.' She bowed in shame, crossing her wrists left over right in defeat.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Insert thread title here (Jada & James)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »
[XO's Office]

Jada spent ages stalking around the ship, trying to work up the nerve to speak to Hawk. She even wondered if she ought to speak with a counsellor first, but she still didn't really understand the point of them. She knew her own mind, better than anyone, and didn't know what else a counsellor could tell her. No, she'd transgressed the terms of her service to Starfleet, and she felt increasingly obliged to report it, whatever its nature and consequences. Oh, she could bury it, she could get away with it, but she'd always have doubts and regrets. It would hunt her like a shadow-cat until she turned and confronted it.

At last, she presented herself to Hawk's new office – he was XO now, but it had been on his watch she'd messed up. Stepping in, she greeted formally, and rather stiffly as she restrained her tension and anxiety, 'Commander Hawk. I have the final report on the transporter security protocol upgrades.' That was her excuse in case she turned coward at the last moment; the patches and upgrades following not one, but two illicit transports through the Tempest's shields had been extensive and detailed.

But Jada hesitated, then she said it. 'Sir, about the rescue mission to the Mirror Tempest...' she began uncertainly, shuddering 'I need to report myself for dereliction of duty, abandoning a mission, and fraternising with the enemy.' She bowed in shame, crossing her wrists left over right in defeat.

[XO's Office]

James was glad to finally get the final report on the transported breaches. The fact that the shields were breached not once but twice was a major security issue and James still felt somewhat responsible as the Chief Tactical Officer when the breaches occurred. He was glad to (hopefully) get it behind him. "Thank you, Jada," he said as he took the report.

While James was fully expecting this to be a brief and...well normal encounter he seemed to be mistaken. "What do you mean?" James asked almost with suspicion. He thought this must have been some kind of joke but then he noticed Jada's body langauge. She was scared or at least worried. When she bowed and crossed her wrists in some sort of Orion ritual he knew she was serious. She seemed very proud of her culture and James knew she wouldn't use it as a joke. "What do you mean?" He repeated, "I recall you serving with excellence. You fought bravely and well, bested your Mirror self in combat and even managed to convince her to help us. I fail to see how you were derelict in your duty."

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Insert thread title here (Jada & James)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:08:50 pm »
[XO's Office]

Damn it. Jada realised she should have prepared an explanation as well. How to explain it? 'I didn't best her in combat. I couldn't outfight her, we were perfectly matched...' She swallowed, her mouth dry, then admitted 'I beat her... by other means.'
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles