POTM July 2017 - Jada

Started by Kirok, July 30, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

July was an eventful month.  It started off with some technical issues that interrupted service for a few day.  But when it was fixed you all did a great job of getting back to missions.

One SIMM in particular did an exceptional job of generating mission pages.  More, in fact, than they had any mission before now.  That SIMM is the Challenger.

Hats off to Dylan, Jettis and the rest of the Challenger crew.  In addition we had some other exciting stories going on.  In fact, the winner of this month contest came from the Tempest and here is is:

Quote from: Jada on June 30, 2017, 10:54:27 PM

[Crew Quarters, Deck 32]

...She's come down to the lake for some fishing, and found the emerald waters still and sparkling in the thin rays of sun that spilled down from the jungle canopy, dappling the secluded area. She sits herself down, just as the water bubbles and ripples, and she rises in wariness of what might come out... With a splash, a face emerges, beautiful elven features and pointed ears, followed by lean and fit naked body, water running down his muscles... A fine catch indeed.

He comes to her. She takes her prize in her strong arms, lifts him up and carries him to a bed of soft moss, laying him down. He opens his mouth, and says... 'Beep! Beep! Beep!'

Jada awoke, and groaned, hamming the alarm clock into submission.

Yesterday had been a drag. Right after returning from shore leave, her high spirits had been brought low when they'd found a new patch from Starfleet Central had been faulty, crashing the ship's Security-department server and losing many logs and mission records. The majority could be regained from backups, caches, and other departments, but it had required long tedious hours of collecting logs, checking stardate stamps, and stitching them back together.

Someone had sold Starfleet Security to her as having adventures, space battles, and fighting alien monsters on strange planets. Someone had lied.

Still, she'd had fun on Galland IV before that, messing around with Solluk and discovering snow. They'd had a snowball fight (she'd won, she maintained, though they were hardly keeping score). She'd made a snow-beast (since it didn't look anything like a person, she'd revised her goal). Skiing was... different. She'd felt way too alarmingly out of control to go as fast as Solluk. Which was just as well, given what had happened to him. And she'd thought she'd be the one to break an arm Á¢â,¬"œ fortunately the microfractures from clipping that branch were easier to hide, orange bruise blossoming beneath her sleeve. Seeing Solluk crash into a tree, she'd laughed, then frantically administered emergency first-aid with a splint, and lifted him in up in her arms for transport back to the Tempest. Jada had the strength, though not the size, to really carry off carrying him.

After that, well, the traditional sauna and hot tub just weren't the same alone.

Jada was feeling really drowsy. She could try going back to sleep. But she knew that dream wouldn't restart. Besides, Snake had crawled out of her pyjamas and was flickering her forked tongue over her face. 'Ah, Snake, stop it.' she moaned, batting away the snek and sitting up. On the other side, Bex was also getting up, already dressing. How was she getting ready faster?

Jada felt weird. For one, she was hot: here, there, and down there. 'Cruk.' She must be in heat again: going from the tropical heat of her Thirat simulation to the dry cold of snow fields, with the dry, air-conditioned cool of the starship in between would've messed up her seasonal cycles. Damn it. She wasn't ready to change. It had to be her heat cycle, but that didn't explain the runny nose, sore eyes, and drowsiness. If she was in heat, she'd be raring to go hunt, every sense keened. She sniffed snot back into her nose. What was this? It was disgusting. It broke the code of cluros Á¢â,¬"œ she couldn't look sick and weak. And it really put lie to the myth of the Orion woman. How was she going to seduce anyone like this?

'I think you have a cold, chief.' Bex commented, finishing up her uniform already.

'Huh? I'm not cold.' Jada protested. 'I'm in heat.'

'It's a human disease. From the cold weather. I think you should see Doctor Kintiss.'

Jada groaned, flopped back into the sheets just as Snake shot out of the way. 'I think you should do me right here, because I can't be bothered getting up. You're on top, do what you like.' She was definitely in heat, she had to be.

Bex grinned, the smile seeming to split her Bolian face four ways. 'You're not my type, and I'm not yours. How about I send in your Vulcan boy?'

That got Jada moving. Just not very far, her head spinning. Maybe it was both?

'I'll tell Lieutenant Th'taraq you're sick.' Bex promised, heading out the door.

'No. Tell him it's a hangover or something.' she corrected without enthusiasm, but Bex had already left. Jada closed her eyes, wondering if she could restart the dream manually. That would make her feel better.

Please help me to congratulate Jada on this fine piece of writing.

Most sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Dylan Torngate

An excellent read! Great job!

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Michael Deus

"Great men are forged in fire. It's the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Solluk

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Malcolm Adeyemi

Jettis Jyur

Jada

Man, you POTM some of my weirder ramblings.  :P

Thanks! :D

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.