Season Twelve, Episode 2: More than they can chew

Started by Kyle Briggs, July 24, 2017, 10:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Briggs

Captain's Log:

Routine. That's what our current mission was designated. The Discovery was tasked with dropping off a replacement crew for the Ufreon Station. A space station that was currently watching the planet, Ufreon.

Of course, while we were in transit, one of the station's out-of-date probes somehow crashed into a military satellite and dropped them both onto the planet. Now the Ufreons have their first real evidence of extraterrestrial life, and they're convinced we're hostile to them -- I mean, this "Federation" took out a military satellite! It's a first strike against them -- they have no choice but to prepare for war against the aliens!

As soon as we dropped out of warp, we picked up a broadcast. An official declaration of war from this one planet that's barely even figured out subspace, have announced their intent to destroy the Federation, or possibly just annex it as a part of their new star empire.

Do they realize how much they've bitten off here? It's almost comical.

"Maintain silence." Kyle ordered as they listened to the broadcast repeat itself for the upteenth time. "Continue scans on the surface. If they don't even have anything to fire this high or a ship to get to us, I don't think they're much of a challenge. And get me the station team up here. Let's see what they've learned about the planet."

Olivia Briggs

[Deck 5 - Mess Hall]

Liv was humming to herself as she began preparing the vegetables for the day's home cooked options as she liked to offer a selection for the crew so they had choice other than the replicator and for Liv it was all worthwhile as she enjoyed cooking and had included some of the dishes she had learned whilst living in Ireland.

She didn't know if her husband would manage to make it down here or not so had decided to put some aside to take back to their quarters later and as she thought of the last part couldn't help but smile. Their reunion had been better than she could of imagined and now that Kyle had met their son properly they had moved into the Captains quarters with him and life was as perfect as it could be and it felt as though they had never been apart.

She knew of their routine mission and had served the Ufreon Station crew they were transporting in both the Mess Hall and Lounge and talking to them had brought back memories of her own mother who worked as a research scientist on similar stations before she died. In fact it had been nice to reminisce about those times and looked forward to when Elijah was old enough to hear stories about his late Grandmother. But for now she had work to do and returned to the vegetables chopping them up finely before placing in them in the relevant storage tubs and continued until she was finished.

Demlion Riverbank V

[crew quarters]

The desperate Vorta was seeding his Ripple Berries and Kava Nuts seeds. The Federation almost god type replicators can't replicate his berries that he had desired. The black soil was fresh as he was able to get it. That was a key to the success, but knowing the seeds might lose its young seeeding. It's not good they get to dry. Growing or attempt to grow the Vortas favorite berries might not be like the tasty berries the Gods gave them. By the Founders his stomach was aching for the delicious fruits. He needed something to make him feel like a Vorta.

He had wondered that the new planets they will be visiting will have something he could use for his little garden.

Finishing up his planting his seeds, he had decided to take a visit to the mess hall before his shift in sick bay. He had figured he would learn more what was going on the tiny planet. Maybe the female owner knows about gardening.

[mess hall]

The doors whooshed opened as the medium height Vorta came strolling in with a smile. The sound of the person to the other side of the mess hall was Olivia.

"Awww, Olivia a pleasant to see you here," he greeted her. His medical uniform showed he was on shift, or break or off his shift. "I found myself wanting to come here," he told her. He looked around the hall. A good place to learn what is new too. His violet eyes brighten up showing he was happy and pleased. "I had decided to try a human drink. What would you recommend?"

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Albus Marvel

[Bridge]

T'Vek smirked, a very un-Vulcan-like thing to do, and arched an eyebrow, which was very Vulcan-like indeed.

"Destroy the Federation?" she said aloud. "Captain, recommend a preemptive strike. Nothing life-threatening, of course. Perhaps target a mountain range and show them the benefits of long-distance mining." To show she was also doing her job, T'Vek added: "No high-atmosphere traffic on scanners. It doesn't appear they've developed anything beyond rudimentary air travel, though there do appear to be several areas that our scanners cannot penetrate. Unsure if it's due to some planetary condition, interference, or shielding."

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Demlion on July 25, 2017, 08:08:52 AM

[mess hall]

The doors whooshed opened as the medium height Vorta came strolling in with a smile. The sound of the person to the other side of the mess hall was Olivia.

"Awww, Olivia a pleasant to see you here," he greeted her. His medical uniform showed he was on shift, or break or off his shift. "I found myself wanting to come here," he told her. He looked around the hall. A good place to learn what is new too. His violet eyes brighten up showing he was happy and pleased. "I had decided to try a human drink. What would you recommend?"

[Mess Hall]

Olivia had just set the large pot of Irish stew onto the stove when she heard the sound of Demlion greeting her and turned round to face him with a smile. When he said that he wanted to try a human drink and what would she recommend she thought for a moment before answering him " It's good to see you to Demlion and if you would like to try something hot I suggest tea or if you would prefer something cold then I recommend the fresh fruit smoothie that I made earlier " she replied politely as she wiped her hands on the small hand towel she always had tied onto her apron.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: T'Vek on July 25, 2017, 11:27:06 AM

[Bridge]

T'Vek smirked, a very un-Vulcan-like thing to do, and arched an eyebrow, which was very Vulcan-like indeed.

"Destroy the Federation?" she said aloud. "Captain, recommend a preemptive strike. Nothing life-threatening, of course. Perhaps target a mountain range and show them the benefits of long-distance mining." To show she was also doing her job, T'Vek added: "No high-atmosphere traffic on scanners. It doesn't appear they've developed anything beyond rudimentary air travel, though there do appear to be several areas that our scanners cannot penetrate. Unsure if it's due to some planetary condition, interference, or shielding."

[Bridge]

Crap.  That was the word to describe the kind of situation they were in.  They were under no threat, as least based on the technology level.  Warp speed had not yet been achieved, that would have probably come within another 50 years at the rate they HAD been progressing.  They weren't even at the speed of light.  In any other situation it would have been laughable... honest, it WAS laughable.  But they were still professionals, and they had a Federation to uphold.

Nevir looked up from his panel, staring hard into the back of T'vek's head.  "There are over two dozens regulations that state why that would be a bad idea.  They have already reached the space age, the last thing we need is to accelerate their interstellar technology and encounter the Klingons... or Romulans.  Or a touchy Federation captain." he muttered, trying his best to stress the importance of their situation.

"It appears that the probe did go through it's self destruct programming, so we won't be giving them any useful technology.  I don't see any malfunction indicated in it's propulsion systems.  It... kinda looks like it wasn't even turned on.  What were they thinking?"

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on July 25, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

[Mess Hall]

Olivia had just set the large pot of Irish stew onto the stove when she heard the sound of Demlion greeting her and turned round to face him with a smile. When he said that he wanted to try a human drink and what would she recommend she thought for a moment before answering him " It's good to see you to Demlion and if you would like to try something hot I suggest tea or if you would prefer something cold then I recommend the fresh fruit smoothie that I made earlier " she replied politely as she wiped her hands on the small hand towel she always had tied onto her apron.

The decision was between cold or hot. He clasped his hands together. Would he be seen a cold hearted if he had chosen cold or warm for a hot drink. Hmm. He was not sure. "I'll take the hot tea, Olivia... please," he replied. He had not sat down yet. A habit. To stand was what he had done when he was serving the Founders in Dominion space.

His eyes turned to see the pot of stu she was cooking. A quick moment he had brought his attention back to the female human. "Olivia, I hope you are having a bountiful blessing day?" he asked.

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]

Kinley giggled as she made her way up to the bridge from the lab. She had read up on what was going on and couldn't help but laugh at that. They didn't even have Warp technology, and what they did have would be like a stick, compared to a phaser. Or, in other words, practically useless.

The doors to the bridge whooshed open as she walked in. "Morning Cap, Tekin. What's the plan for today with these guys who think they can take over the Federation with pellet guns?"

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Ziran Trell

[Engineering]

Starfleet can be a weird job, Ziran thought to himself as he walked across main engineering to hand in his warp core maintenance report to Lieutenant Keane (NPC). Though the Bolian was trying his best to take his first ever mission seriously, he couldn't help but laugh when the other crewmen told him about the Ufreons and their transmission. Word spreads quickly aboard a starship and Ziran therefore wondered whether or not the story was slightly altered by the time he had heard it.

"Here's the warp core maintenance report, Lieutenant." Ziran told Mr. Keane with a slight smile on his face he was trying to hide.

"Thank you, Crewman. I will review your report. Donovan has informed me of a malfunctioning gel pack on Deck 8 and he's assigned you and Petty Officer Akagi (NPC) to repair it." The officer with 2 pips silver on his yellow turtle neck revealed as he began reading Ziran's report.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Demlion on July 25, 2017, 06:18:52 PM

The decision was between cold or hot. He clasped his hands together. Would he be seen a cold hearted if he had chosen cold or warm for a hot drink. Hmm. He was not sure. "I'll take the hot tea, Olivia... please," he replied. He had not sat down yet. A habit. To stand was what he had done when he was serving the Founders in Dominion space.

His eyes turned to see the pot of stu she was cooking. A quick moment he had brought his attention back to the female human. "Olivia, I hope you are having a bountiful blessing day?" he asked.

[Mess Hall]

Liv smiled as the young Vorta made his decision and noticed that he was still standing " Please take a seat Demlion and I'll get you that tea " she replied kneeling down for a moment to gather a cup and saucer from the shelves underneath the counter then placed them on the top as he then asked if she was having a bountiful blessing day. She thought it was kind of him to ask that and answered him as she turned and picked up the pot of freshly brewed tea and poured it into the cup. " I am thank you I've been making some old Irish recipes including the stew if you would like to try some later " she said as she finished pouring and placed a spoon, sugar bowl and a small container of milk beside his cup.

" Here's your tea and feel free to add milk and sugar as some people like it with or without those things ".

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 24, 2017, 10:46:29 PM

Captain's Log:

Routine. That's what our current mission was designated. The Discovery was tasked with dropping off a replacement crew for the Ufreon Station. A space station that was currently watching the planet, Ufreon.

Of course, while we were in transit, one of the station's out-of-date probes somehow crashed into a military satellite and dropped them both onto the planet. Now the Ufreons have their first real evidence of extraterrestrial life, and they're convinced we're hostile to them -- I mean, this "Federation" took out a military satellite! It's a first strike against them -- they have no choice but to prepare for war against the aliens!

As soon as we dropped out of warp, we picked up a broadcast. An official declaration of war from this one planet that's barely even figured out subspace, have announced their intent to destroy the Federation, or possibly just annex it as a part of their new star empire.

Do they realize how much they've bitten off here? It's almost comical.

"Maintain silence." Kyle ordered as they listened to the broadcast repeat itself for the upteenth time. "Continue scans on the surface. If they don't even have anything to fire this high or a ship to get to us, I don't think they're much of a challenge. And get me the station team up here. Let's see what they've learned about the planet."

[Firing range > Bridge]

Lennox muttered quietly to himself, running down on all the weaponry that they had and making sure for what seemed like the upteenth time, that it had all been placed in correctly and there were not going to be any problems with the personal weapons - if it came down to such degree of battle. He ran a finger across the lockers - making sure and cementing it in his mind that he had done his job correctly and to a high degree of professionalism.

He had made it onto the bridge on time (or relatively so) as he ceased muttering, his brow perking upwards at the sound of declaring war upon the 'Federation.' The Scotsman was surprised by that - though, he did not know what he was to expect upon stepping onto the bridge. Lennox scoffed lightly, folding his arms against his chest as he continued to listen to the transmission.

"Och, the wee bonnie lads and lassies think they're all up fer a figh'," Lennox broke his own silence, a grin tugging on his features as he turned to face the Captain. "Cannae we scare them outta their feckin' pants, I'd say tha'll put them righ' in their places." Lennox knew what it was like to be in a fight - having been a soldier once upon a blue moon. He still had his nightmares about it, and he still drank but these lot...they didn't know what they were getting into at all.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on July 26, 2017, 07:25:25 AM

[Mess Hall]

Liv smiled as the young Vorta made his decision and noticed that he was still standing " Please take a seat Demlion and I'll get you that tea " she replied kneeling down for a moment to gather a cup and saucer from the shelves underneath the counter then placed them on the top as he then asked if she was having a bountiful blessing day. She thought it was kind of him to ask that and answered him as she turned and picked up the pot of freshly brewed tea and poured it into the cup. " I am thank you I've been making some old Irish recipes including the stew if you would like to try some later " she said as she finished pouring and placed a spoon, sugar bowl and a small container of milk beside his cup.

" Here's your tea and feel free to add milk and sugar as some people like it with or without those things ".

[Mess hall]

The Vorta sat down as he was invited by the hostess. He had a Chester cat grin when she mentioned his tea was to be served. "Mostly excellent," he joyfully replied. "I would love to learn more about Irish culture."

Picking up the tea cup with the tea. As he observed humans behavior. He lifted his pinky up. Slowly bringing the cup to his lips, he took a small sip. It was hot. He jumped up on his feet. The tea cup fell down on the table crashing. Hot tea landed on his lap. It burned, but not going to kill him. His eyes shaded to blue in fear. His little gentle hands was waving his mouth to cool it down. The milk. He grabbed it. Drank it down. The coolness was relieving his burn sensation which was going away. Milk was drooling down the side of his mouth. The Vorta quickly saw a napkin. Grabbed it and wiped his mouth off milk.

His anger flushed away quickly because he was not trying to be assasinated by someone. This was an accident. Something new. He made a mistake.

"I pardo---" he stopped. His tongue was feeling numb. He grinned. "My ignorance had gotten to me," he had simply decided to change the topic. Or he was hoping to come off more human or more like them.

"Being a Vorta we have sensitive to climates. My mistake, foolish of me..." he paused.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Demlion on July 26, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

[Mess hall]

The Vorta sat down as he was invited by the hostess. He had a Chester cat grin when she mentioned his tea was to be served. "Mostly excellent," he joyfully replied. "I would love to learn more about Irish culture."

Picking up the tea cup with the tea. As he observed humans behavior. He lifted his pinky up. Slowly bringing the cup to his lips, he took a small sip. It was hot. He jumped up on his feet. The tea cup fell down on the table crashing. Hot tea landed on his lap. It burned, but not going to kill him. His eyes shaded to blue in fear. His little gentle hands was waving his mouth to cool it down. The milk. He grabbed it. Drank it down. The coolness was relieving his burn sensation which was going away. Milk was drooling down the side of his mouth. The Vorta quickly saw a napkin. Grabbed it and wiped his mouth off milk.

His anger flushed away quickly because he was not trying to be assasinated by someone. This was an accident. Something new. He made a mistake.

"I pardo---" he stopped. His tongue was feeling numb. He grinned. "My ignorance had gotten to me," he had simply decided to change the topic. Or he was hoping to come off more human or more like them.

"Being a Vorta we have sensitive to climates. My mistake, foolish of me..." he paused.

[Mess Hall]

Again Liv couldn't help but smile as Demlion sat down and replied to her before mentioning that he would like to learn more about Irish culture " Your welcome Demlion and I'd be happy to tell you more about Irish culture" she replied watching with slight apprehension as he took his first sip of tea and wondered if she should of warned him a bit more about how hot it would be.

However that was pushed to one side as concern took over when the cup dropped more worried about the Vorta than something that didn't matter and could be replaced. He soon recovered quickly when he then took a drink of the milk and tried to change the topic and she certainly didn't think he was foolish.

Walking round to the other side of the counter to make sure he was okay " I don't think your foolish Demlion, the main thing is are your okay ?" she said offering him a towel to mop up where it had spilled on his lap. She then grabbed a brush and small shovel to clean up the cup and deposited it in the bin. " If you would like to try that again I'd be happy to show you how I like to drink it or perhaps try a cold drink and maybe you can teach me more about the Vorta ".

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on July 26, 2017, 05:11:57 PM

[Mess Hall]

Again Liv couldn't help but smile as Demlion sat down and replied to her before mentioning that he would like to learn more about Irish culture " Your welcome Demlion and I'd be happy to tell you more about Irish culture" she replied watching with slight apprehension as he took his first sip of tea and wondered if she should of warned him a bit more about how hot it would be.

However that was pushed to one side as concern took over when the cup dropped more worried about the Vorta than something that didn't matter and could be replaced. He soon recovered quickly when he then took a drink of the milk and tried to change the topic and she certainly didn't think he was foolish.

Walking round to the other side of the counter to make sure he was okay " I don't think your foolish Demlion, the main thing is are your okay ?" she said offering him a towel to mop up where it had spilled on his lap. She then grabbed a brush and small shovel to clean up the cup and deposited it in the bin. " If you would like to try that again I'd be happy to show you how I like to drink it or perhaps try a cold drink and maybe you can teach me more about the Vorta ".

The Vorta took a two steps away from the female who handing him the towel. The fear standing to close. To him she was only another female of the human race. They were all or anyone who was not Vorta. Being a Vorta he had not under stand the beauty they see. What he knows that opposite sex or same sex are attractive to looks. Being part of Starfleet he accepted people as people. The way a person reacts was possible what attracts him. However, being a Vorta he was not looking. He was here to be part of a Starfleet. A new beginning. A new hope. It was something that he was hoping. To be away from his old life.

Drying his pants from the fluid. So far. He had nothing against Olivia. He had read no discomfort from her. It was possible she did not knot to much of Vorta. Maybe she was effected by the Dominion war. Those who had a past of the bloody Dominion war usually give signs of hatred toward Demlion. You could read it clear in their faces. Being Starfleet they brushed their feelings aside because it had not aligned with the belief of Starfleet of way of life.

"No. I am a fool," he continued to argue. His voice was calm and sweet like honey. The fear in his bright eyes shared he was telling the truth. Then as he was finishing dabbing the tea off him. A small smile grew on his face. "Fool of me for not adding milk to the tea....the milk must cool it down," he added with a sound of a question. Hopefully she would explain this tea and milk business.

Looking at the towel which he was not sure what to do. The thought handing back to her would feel like she was a servant. His eyes was hiding that he was confused. So he simply folded it up. Placed it on the table with a gentle touch. "Thank you for your kindness....once again," he added.

Tilting his head toward his right shoulder as he was checking the Captain's wife. He could see why he liked her. She was good with people. The beauty in her was not to be seen. She was not kept up with the way Vorta were. Plenty time goes in the appearance to look perfect as they could. The hair must be combed and set right. Clean eye brows with perfect trim. Ears clean like a whisle. They appearance meant all lot to the Vorta. They once lived in trees and were little dirty creatures at that time.

He did grab for the chair stood up and fixed it. "Yes, Olivia. I will be honored to share you about Vorta as you share about this Irish culture," he gave a ear to ear smile. Of all the people on the ship. The one he could possible to trust was Olivia, but that trust would be slow and hard, however she was far ahead of the crew of the ship. Even her own husband had to earn it.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Demlion on July 26, 2017, 07:58:41 PM

The Vorta took a two steps away from the female who handing him the towel. The fear standing to close. To him she was only another female of the human race. They were all or anyone who was not Vorta. Being a Vorta he had not under stand the beauty they see. What he knows that opposite sex or same sex are attractive to looks. Being part of Starfleet he accepted people as people. The way a person reacts was possible what attracts him. However, being a Vorta he was not looking. He was here to be part of a Starfleet. A new beginning. A new hope. It was something that he was hoping. To be away from his old life.

Drying his pants from the fluid. So far. He had nothing against Olivia. He had read no discomfort from her. It was possible she did not knot to much of Vorta. Maybe she was effected by the Dominion war. Those who had a past of the bloody Dominion war usually give signs of hatred toward Demlion. You could read it clear in their faces. Being Starfleet they brushed their feelings aside because it had not aligned with the belief of Starfleet of way of life.

"No. I am a fool," he continued to argue. His voice was calm and sweet like honey. The fear in his bright eyes shared he was telling the truth. Then as he was finishing dabbing the tea off him. A small smile grew on his face. "Fool of me for not adding milk to the tea....the milk must cool it down," he added with a sound of a question. Hopefully she would explain this tea and milk business.

Looking at the towel which he was not sure what to do. The thought handing back to her would feel like she was a servant. His eyes was hiding that he was confused. So he simply folded it up. Placed it on the table with a gentle touch. "Thank you for your kindness....once again," he added.

Tilting his head toward his right shoulder as he was checking the Captain's wife. He could see why he liked her. She was good with people. The beauty in her was not to be seen. She was not kept up with the way Vorta were. Plenty time goes in the appearance to look perfect as they could. The hair must be combed and set right. Clean eye brows with perfect trim. Ears clean like a whisle. They appearance meant all lot to the Vorta. They once lived in trees and were little dirty creatures at that time.

He did grab for the chair stood up and fixed it. "Yes, Olivia. I will be honored to share you about Vorta as you share about this Irish culture," he gave a ear to ear smile. Of all the people on the ship. The one he could possible to trust was Olivia, but that trust would be slow and hard, however she was far ahead of the crew of the ship. Even her own husband had to earn it.

[Mess Hall]

Liv was beginning to understand a little more about the Vorta as he stepped back from her when she handed him the towel and certainly didn't want to cause an offence or discomfort but when he then tried to argue about him still being a fool she didn't think that at all but as he smiled she smiled back reassuringly before answering his question. " It does yes and I'll make you a fresh cup and I'll join you " she replied moving back behind the counter as he placed the towel down.

Still smiling when he thanked her for her kindness " Your most welcome Demlion and I will be honoured to learn more about the Vorta in exchange for you learning more about the Irish in fact what would you like to know first?" she said as she poured two cups of tea and added milk to both.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.