Nice Day for a White Wedding (Open)

Started by T'Ra Jones, July 13, 2017, 11:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

[Vulcan - 23 June 2395]

T'Ra took a deep breath, holding it for a moment before finally releasing it. Despite the cool interior of her childhood home, she was beginning to feel hot, agitated, full of a nervous energy that she wasn't quite sure what to do with. A soft chortle came from the corner, a young man slouching comfortably in one of the dining room chairs. "¨"¨"Mana mÁ,,siÁ..." a," Elvin sighed, regarding his sister with an easy grin, "never thought I'd see the day where you're giving off more emotion than me." She felt her face, and it was warm beneath the tips of her fingers. Was it really so evident? This just caused Elvin to laugh even harder.

"It does seem most illogical," she agreed with a sigh. "I never saw myself in this position. But Evan... all of a sudden things were different, so wonderful. And I simply can't find any logic to explain it."

"Love is not some equation you can define with parameters," Elvin said, smiling softly. "You can't predict the outcome by plugging in different variables. Sometimes someone just comes along and sweeps you unexpectedly off your feet. Your Katra has been absolutely glowing since he proposed. And I am so happy for you."

She turned to regard herself critically in the mirror that hung behind her, smoothing out the fabric of her vÁƒªstments. She had never worn a dress, not even in the earliest days of her youth, nor did she wear one now, opting instead for a simple Vulcan robe of white.

Elvin cocked his head. "You look wonderful. Really. So you've got the white down. Now what about something old? Something new?""¨"¨T'Ra arched a brow, amused by her brother's games. "The robe is new," she retorted. She rested a hand on her chest where the ring lay hidden beneath the robe. "And he gave me his grandmother's wedding ring." T'Ra found herself starting to smile, but she stopped short, overcome by a brief twinge of doubt. But no, she was not going to let memory of Sloan ruin her special day. "¨"¨"Something blue?" Elvin asked, drawing her back out from her thoughts.

"His eyes," she murmured, "bluer than the sky on a clear summer's day..."

"Sounds like you're just about set then," Elvin replied, pushing himself to his feet. "Perhaps a nice strong cup of tea then, to help steady the nerves."

Nodding at the suggestion, T'Ra followed him into the kitchen itself.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Fala Awen

[Vulcan, Caelene's temporary room]

Caelene had arrived on Vulcan just a day prior. She'd never been to the planet herself, though Milara had visited several years ago. Despite being forewarned about the temperature, she couldn't help but be a bit surprised at just how warm it was there. Regardless, Caelene had found her room to be comfortable enough, if a little sparse.

The Trill looked through the clothes she'd brought, trying to decide what would be appropriate for a Vulcan-Human wedding. Eventually she selected a teal blue dress with sheer, off the shoulder sleeves and some minimal embroidery. Caelene pulled her hair partly back and secured her golden locks with a decorative hair clip. After slipping into a pair of black dress sandals, she looked in the mirror and nodded.

Time to go and see T'Ra briefly before the ceremony.

[T'Ra's childhood home]

Caelene stood at the doorstep to T'Ra's childhood home, glancing down nervously before knocking on the door. After a brief pause, she heard a voice call out and inform her that they were in the kitchen. A bit uncomfortable simply walking in, she nudged the door open so she could step inside. The Trill paused, uncertain where exactly the kitchen was until she heard some sounds off to her right.

"Hello?" Caelene called out as she followed the sounds. Her wandering led her through a doorway and into the kitchen where T'Ra and a young man who bore a resemblance to the half-Vulcan stood. Offering the two a demure smile, she said, "I hope it's still okay that I stopped by. I thought I would say hello and see if you needed anything before the ceremony."

OFF: Tag T'Ra

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.