Author Topic: Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures  (Read 22645 times)

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2017, 09:10:41 pm »
[ Promenade ]

Lissy and Sorcha were laughing hysterically. They had hoped their plan had worked, but  it seemed the icing on the cake was getting a Star Fleet officer to bend to their whim. "Thank you my dear Mathew for planting the locket,"Lissy said to Mathew."I am kind of mad we didn't think of it,"Sorcha said. "Now all we have to do is wait. Once she is in custody, I put on my sappy face," Lissy said. "Then the locket is as good as mine and she goes away forever." Normally Matthew would have some kind of conscience, but he knew he needed the credits. Plus, the possibility of leading Romana on a wild goose chase seemed to amuse him.

[ Engineering ]

Jenna was working feverishly with the others in engineering to tackle the 999 errors that were thrown when there was a visitor. She paid no attention, but noticed the woman was from security. She then noticed the woman was holding her locket. Jenna's heart raced. She excused herself to go speak with the security woman who looked like she was there to find someone. Jenna wondered how the locket got into the possession of security as she pinned the woman who stole her locket as one to hold her stolen things tight.

"Excuse me miss, but I lost a locket earlier, along with most of my other things. A Bajoran woman stole it from me and now you seem to have it. I have paperwork through customs to prove it's mine. That and I am the only one who can open it. If I show you the paperwork, may I have it back?" the normally confident Jenna said in a shaking voice.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:14:24 pm by Jenna McKinson »

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 07:28:12 pm »
[ Engineering ]

Jenna immediately took a seat next to Molly. Molly was working out an algorithm to check the warnings. Jenna had other thoughts. When Molly looked over, she questioned in her mind what Jenna was doing. "What are you up to there Sherlock?" Molly asked. Jenna chuckled at that comment. "Well my dear Watson,"Jenna began. "While I was fixing the holosuite with the Chief, we noticed some parts were missing. I obviously replaced them, but it got me to thinking. The parts that were missing actually emit a frequency. It's on a spectrum a human can't register. It emits minimally on the ultraviolet spectrum. Too bad it didn't harm my locket thief."

"So, you're thinking that the signal is traceable yeah?"Molly asked. "Exactly and if my calculations are correct,"Jenna said as he began to feverishly type on her terminal."I should be able to trace the source. Now if I cancel out the signal on any holosuite on the base and ships, I should be able to at least get a general idea where the anomaly is. We will find this thief yet I doubt miss priss and her friend are smart enough to come up with this."

[ Engineering ]

"Chief, I got a signal. It's coming from the promenade and faintly from the Ferengi section of the base. The signal there is too faint, but I'll bet you it's our culprit. I have a program running to alert us if the signal spikes again to quickly trianguate. Best I can do now is help point security in the right direction.Who knows if he is there now. I am wondering because it is coming form there, could our thief be ferengi or do you think they struck up a deal with them for protection?:"Jenna asked.
Engineering
Dan had resorted to going through the power grid logs. He hoped that by reviewing them, he could spot the issue and therefore stabilize the power grid. He was interrupted various times by engineering crewman that he was trying to co-ordinate. His attention was then bought to McKinson, who had discovered some kind of a signal. He walked over to her and looked at the terminal to confirm what she had found. It seemed like a safe assumption. He was about to reply when another officer quickly got his attention.
[ Promenade ]

Lissy and Sorcha were laughing hysterically. They had hoped their plan had worked, but  it seemed the icing on the cake was getting a Star Fleet officer to bend to their whim. "Thank you my dear Mathew for planting the locket,"Lissy said to Mathew."I am kind of mad we didn't think of it,"Sorcha said. "Now all we have to do is wait. Once she is in custody, I put on my sappy face," Lissy said. "Then the locket is as good as mine and she goes away forever." Normally Matthew would have some kind of conscience, but he knew he needed the credits. Plus, the possibility of leading Romana on a wild goose chase seemed to amuse him.

[ Engineering ]

Jenna was working feverishly with the others in engineering to tackle the 999 errors that were thrown when there was a visitor. She paid no attention, but noticed the woman was from security. She then noticed the woman was holding her locket. Jenna's heart raced. She excused herself to go speak with the security woman who looked like she was there to find someone. Jenna wondered how the locket got into the possession of security as she pinned the woman who stole her locket as one to hold her stolen things tight.

"Excuse me miss, but I lost a locket earlier, along with most of my other things. A Bajoran woman stole it from me and now you seem to have it. I have paperwork through customs to prove it's mine. That and I am the only one who can open it. If I show you the paperwork, may I have it back?" the normally confident Jenna said in a shaking voice.

He turned back around to see Jenna had moved from her position. He looked to the left to see her talking to Ramona Pilgrim, who was a security crewman. Dan's run ins with security had never been fantastic, he always seemed to be in trouble with them. He saw Ramona holding what he thought was the locket that Jenna was talking to him about earlier. He turned back to coordinating other engineers whilst keeping a loose watch on the on-going discussion between Pilgrim in McKinson.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2017, 08:59:32 pm »
[Promenade]

Knox focused on her breathing. Her heart rate had increased, it felt as if she had ran around the entire Station. Trying to calm down, she pondered over what exactly a floating shop was. Blue had mentioned it, explaining that it required a permit. Knox believed it was very unlikely that the Ferengi involved in this would have gone through the proper channels for his establishment.

Zak was humming to himself, but moved towards Knox to whisper to her.

"Knox, Knox, Knox - look - the most amazing Feemale is coming this way! Look!! I wonder who she is. I wonder if she knows Oo-mox? Knox, you know something, I think she knooooows you. Very iiiintriggguing!"

Knox was paying very little attention to Zak as her left arm began to vibrate slightly.

"Ensign, how are feeling?" Had she been on duty, Naira would have likely had a tricorder on her to scan the Trill woman, but she wasn't expecting to encounter anyone on her way to sickbay.

"Hello Doctor. I am ..."

"Aaaaa Doctor? Well, brains aaaand beauty! Have you heard of the tympanic tickle? I betttt you have the skillllls! Herr Heeerrrr Heeerrrrrrrr. Knox, remember that time you convinced that Doctor to play that game with you, Doctors and nurses or something. It was certainly ..." 

Knox cleared her throat.

"Doctor, I was distracted by the current situation on the Station and I forgot that I am still recovering. How are you feeling? I am glad to see you walking. I hope you and your daughter are enjoying the festival!"

For some reason, Knox was nervous around Medics and would just talk and talk. Zak was laughing.

"Stillllll have not lost your touch with the ladies, Knox! Sooo, tell me Doctor. When can I be your nurse?! Herr Heerrrr Heerrrrrrrr!"

Zak looked to Knox to find out if he asked to play that game correctly whilst Knox debated if Zak could handle any further interactions with the 'feemales' on the Station.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:12:42 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 03:20:21 am »
[Promenade]

Knox focused on her breathing. Her heart rate had increased, it felt as if she had ran around the entire Station. Trying to calm down, she pondered over what exactly a floating shop was. Blue had mentioned it, explaining that it required a permit. Knox believed it was very unlikely that the Ferengi involved in this would have gone through the proper channels for his establishment.

Zak was humming to himself, but moved towards Knox to whisper to her.

"Knox, Knox, Knox - look - the most amazing Feemale is coming this way! Look!! I wonder who she is. I wonder if she knows Oo-mox? Knox, you know something, I think she knooooows you. Very iiiintriggguing!"

Knox was paying very little attention to Zak as her left arm began to vibrate slightly.

"Hello Doctor. I am ..."

"Aaaaa Doctor? Well, brains aaaand beauty! Have you heard of the tympanic tickle? I betttt you have the skillllls! Herr Heeerrrr Heeerrrrrrrr. Knox, remember that time you convinced that Doctor to play that game with you, Doctors and nurses or something. It was certainly ..." 

Knox cleared her throat.

"Doctor, I was distracted by the current situation on the Station and I forgot that I am still recovering. How are you feeling? I am glad to see you walking. I hope you and your daughter are enjoying the festival!"

For some reason, Knox was nervous around Medics and would just talk and talk. Zak was laughing.

"Stillllll have not lost your touch with the ladies, Knox! Sooo, tell me Doctor. When can I be your nurse?! Herr Heerrrr Heerrrrrrrr!"

Zak looked to Knox to find out if he asked to play that game correctly whilst Knox debated if Zak could handle any further interactions with the 'feemales' on the Station.

[Promenade]

Naira paid little heed to what the elderly Ferengi was going on about as she saw to the ensign. While she listened to what the woman had to say, she intently monitored her gaze, noted the tint of paleness to her complexion, and saw what looked to be the first signs of perspiration on her brow. She moved closer to check the Trill's pulse. It was evident that she had pushed herself too far. Perhaps, she had been too lenient in allowing the woman to leave sickbay so soon.

"We were actually on our way back to sickbay when we saw you go down. Perhaps, it may be best if the four of us continue on together."

She turned to the Ferengi and offered him a polite smile. With a growing number of Ferengi on the station, she knew that she had to find a way to at the very least put on a professional demeanor as she learned to handle them.

"I had no idea that you had applied to work in sickbay, but I assure you, as soon as I have seen to the ensign's condition, I will look over your application and get back to you about any openings we might have."   

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2017, 02:24:39 pm »

<Promenade>

As she was getting ready to call the captain, he got to it first.

=/\=Pilgrim here sir. Actually I've been alerted to some shenanigans happening in the Holosuites. Only thing pointing to that seems to be one of our new engineers. I seemed to have found a locket belonging to her. It may just be a plant if it was stolen, but I would like to take her in for questioning just to be on the safe side. And if things are missing, I wouldn't be surprised if it is our Ferengi friends.=/\=

[Operations]

"=/\=Acknowledged, Pilgrim. Expect Commander Tritter shortly. You take point on the investigation. Adeyemi out.=/\=" The captain tapped his commbadge again.

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Cadet Lochlyn. We know the Ferengi are doing this,=/\=" He said, hoping his newest security officer had been keeping up on the situation. "=/\=Get yourself down to the Ferengi quarter, see what you can find out. Keep it low-key.=/\="

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2017, 11:23:57 am »
"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Cadet Lochlyn. We know the Ferengi are doing this,=/\=" He said, hoping his newest security officer had been keeping up on the situation. "=/\=Get yourself down to the Ferengi quarter, see what you can find out. Keep it low-key.=/\="

Tanner let her gaze fall from her PADD to the combadge, with a ginger flick she tapped it o respond. =/\=Low key it is, Sir. I'll report back what I find.=/\= With another flick she closed the channel and put the ...rather boring report she'd been staring at for over ten minutes down. Reading back over reports, especially when new, was vital to settling into a new role but Tanner was pretty sure eating mud would be more fun.

Without much of a word she stood and left Security, heading to the requested site. Low Key. Hmmm. Ferengi didn't like Security and they disliked female Security even more. It wouldn't be easy however if there was anything scummy going on, she could easily use their dislike to her favor.

Settling into a lift she called out the destination and waited for it to move. Just before it did, the doors reopened and a small motley group of station visitors stepped on. Tanner nodded to them and nestled herself into the corner, resting casually against the wall.

"My stomach is rumbling."
"After. We have to prep the next sale load."

Tanner's ears caught the conversation but her eyes remained fixed on the floor. Sale load? Vendors?

"I can't think when hungry. Didn't that Ferengi mention a place they liked to eat. Something on the Promenade."
"Fine! But after we check the load. It won't take long."

The doors opened to let them exit before it carried her to the final destination. Stepping out she paused, allowing the doors to close behind her but not moving much further from the lift. It was a tempting idea to check out the Promenade incase the Ferengi's mentioned were the ones she was looking to clean from.

"Don't be silly, that's not what you were asked to do." Tanner muttered to herself, "Stay on course."  A gentle shake of her head cleared the thought and with that she carried on her way.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2017, 06:22:17 pm »
[Operations]

"=/\=Acknowledged, Pilgrim. Expect Commander Tritter shortly. You take point on the investigation. Adeyemi out.=/\=" The captain tapped his commbadge again.

Tritter had been unable locate Pilgrim, so he would take the lead himself and handle things. He than tapped his comm badge and stated, "Tritter to Captain Adeyemi, it appears the Crewman is on another assignment, I will run point"

He than proceeded to start digging into the matter... If the stuff was disappearing, it had to be going somewhere. He was working with a science Lieutenant who excelled at translating laymens speak to nerd speak and than getting the information the Commander asked for. He was working on figuring out where the items went to while the store front was "closed".

The Lieutenant was resarching the items by using their chemical makeup. Tritter was slightly less than patiently waiting but he did not rush the science officer. She would an turn to face the Lieutenant, she than said "Sir, it appears that they are hiding in the holodeck, but they are shielding it so I can not trace to an exact one"

Tritter nodded a thank you to the female Science officer, he would than made his way to the Holodecks for further... investigation.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2017, 11:14:28 am »
[Location: Holodecks]

Tritter had began with making his rounds through the Holodecks, the Science Lieutenant had pre-programmed a tricoder for him to locate the specific chemical signatures put off by the Ferengi... hoard if you will. Tritter knew nothing about the science/nerdy stuff, but he knew enough to explain what he needed to someone better versed in the nerdy things than he. Tritter knew what they were doing, they were hiding their items in the holodecks when the "store" was closed, and they alternated to avoid detection. And there was a crew member who would be in need of a talking to for helping them act as if the holodeck was down, to keep people away from that specific one. But thats something for later.

Tritter than heard the tricorder beep loudly. He than stowed the equipment, he checked the holodeck number against the list of out of order holodecks... Sure enough. He than tapped his comm badge, than stated the following in his traditionally heavily accented voice, "Commander Tritter to Crewman Pilgrim, if you are not too busy, some assistance at Holodeck 12 would be appreciated" If he knew Ferengi nature well, and he did, there would be guards. He could go in himself, but he would prefer to have someone to watch his six.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Ramona Pilgrim

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2017, 08:16:38 pm »
[ Promenade ]

[ Engineering ]

<Engineering>

"Well, that depends," Ramona began. "This was discovered near the holosuite you were working on. The Captian is not too pleased with some of the, shall we say, enhancements that have been done."

It was after she finished her into questioning, that her commbadge went off.

[Location: Holodecks]

Tritter had began with making his rounds through the Holodecks, the Science Lieutenant had pre-programmed a tricoder for him to locate the specific chemical signatures put off by the Ferengi... hoard if you will. Tritter knew nothing about the science/nerdy stuff, but he knew enough to explain what he needed to someone better versed in the nerdy things than he. Tritter knew what they were doing, they were hiding their items in the holodecks when the "store" was closed, and they alternated to avoid detection. And there was a crew member who would be in need of a talking to for helping them act as if the holodeck was down, to keep people away from that specific one. But thats something for later.

Tritter than heard the tricorder beep loudly. He than stowed the equipment, he checked the holodeck number against the list of out of order holodecks... Sure enough. He than tapped his comm badge, than stated the following in his traditionally heavily accented voice, "Commander Tritter to Crewman Pilgrim, if you are not too busy, some assistance at Holodeck 12 would be appreciated" If he knew Ferengi nature well, and he did, there would be guards. He could go in himself, but he would prefer to have someone to watch his six.

=/\=Pilgrim here, sir. I'm actually questioning a suspect now. It seems one of our engineers has lost her locket. I found it near there. We'll be up there shortly.
Pilgrim out.=/\=

She gave a stern look as she spoke to the engineer.

"Come with me. You can try to defend yourself on the way, but Lieutenant Commander Tritter needs my assistance and I don't want you out of my sight."

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 09:01:29 pm »
[Promenade]
"We were actually on our way back to sickbay when we saw you go down. Perhaps, it may be best if the four of us continue on together."

She turned to the Ferengi and offered him a polite smile. With a growing number of Ferengi on the station, she knew that she had to find a way to at the very least put on a professional demeanor as she learned to handle them.

"I had no idea that you had applied to work in sickbay, but I assure you, as soon as I have seen to the ensign's condition, I will look over your application and get back to you about any openings we might have."   

Despite feeling exhausted, Knox could not help smiling at how Dr. Naira handled her friend. Zak looked so puzzled, it was just the perfect response. She shook her head at the suggestion of returning to Sickbay.

"I was careless but shall not be so again, I promise. Zak shall make sure of that."

He nodded fervently.

"The issue is that I cannot return to Sickbay due to the fact that missing items are literally disappearing from the place they could have been located on the Station. Fortunately, Zak is being extremely helpful in this matter, however internal sensors have been compromised. Zak, is there a chance you can use your position to find out the person or persons behind this?"

"Welllll, whyyy didn't you say so? If I had known you waaaanted just the name we dooooo not have to wait! Herr Herrr Herrrrr! Ittttt'ssss Cage. That's the man you want to see! Herr Herrr Heeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Really quite good with transporters and holodeck technology, you know. And, clearly has the lobes for business, tooooooo! Herr herrr herrrrr!"

=/\= Knox to Captain. Sir - the Ferengi in question is Cage. Should I return to Ops to help with search and retrieval of our items? Apologies, Sir. That is actually the Doctor's decision. =/\=

Knox stood up and then sat back down again. She looked towards the Doctor, her smile as well as her legs were shaking. Knox's eyes met Dr. Naira's.

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. Locate and restrain Cage. We should find what we have been looking for. Knox out. =/\=

She turned to Zak and he knew that their time together on this visit was coming to an end. He placed his hand on hers and smiled.

"Next time, Risa! Herr herrr herrrrr!"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:36:15 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »
<Engineering>

She gave a stern look as she spoke to the engineer.

"Come with me. You can try to defend yourself on the way, but Lieutenant Commander Tritter needs my assistance and I don't want you out of my sight."

[ Engineering ]

"Fair enough. I just hope you don't have a quick judging itchy trigger finger there Judge Dredd," Jenna said with confidence. She wouldn't have joked like that if she wasn't confident in her innocence. "Chief, while I go with the good officer I need to tell you something. I have programmed the terminals to alert us if there is another disruption. If and when it happens, I have told Molly to triangulate a position. We may have not caught the rat yet, but we will."

Jenna said she was ready to follow Ramona. He mind was ever focused on getting her locket back. Even if what was inside was painful, she still wanted it back. "So I see you are a fan of exotically colored hair. I am too," Jenna said to try and ease some tension in the air. She had hoped Ramona would grill her shortly so her  name would be cleared, and the locket would be hers. Since losing all her things, Jenna felt a bit naked. It was like part of her was gone in an instant. "Guess I know a little how Cal felt back then now," She absentmindedly thought. It was then she felt that all to familiar presence near her. She knew he was standing far enough away, but she felt an odd comfort in the moment. It was one she had not felt in a long while.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »
[Promenade]
Despite feeling exhausted, Knox could not help smiling at how Dr. Naira handled her friend. Zak looked so puzzled, it was just the perfect response. She shook her head at the suggestion of returning to Sickbay.

"I was careless but shall not be so again, I promise. Zak shall make sure of that."

He nodded fervently.

"The issue is that I cannot return to Sickbay due to the fact that missing items are literally disappearing from the place they could have been located on the Station. Fortunately, Zak is being extremely helpful in this matter, however internal sensors have been compromised. Zak, is there a chance you can use your position to find out the person or persons behind this?"

"Welllll, whyyy didn't you say so? If I had known you waaaanted just the name we dooooo not have to wait! Herr Herrr Herrrrr! Ittttt'ssss Cage. That's the man you want to see! Herr Herrr Heeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Really quite good with transporters and holodeck technology, you know. And, clearly has the lobes for business, tooooooo! Herr herrr herrrrr!"

=/\= Knox to Captain. Sir - the Ferengi in question is Cage. Should I return to Ops to help with search and retrieval of our items? Apologies, Sir. That is actually the Doctor's decision. =/\=

Knox stood up and then sat back down again. She looked towards the Doctor, her smile as well as her legs were shaking. Knox's eyes met Dr. Naira's.

=/\= Knox to Pilgrim. Locate and restrain Cage. We should find what we have been looking for. Knox out. =/\=

She turned to Zak and he knew that their time together on this visit was coming to an end. He placed his hand on hers and smiled.

"Next time, Risa! Herr herrr herrrrr!"

[Promenade]

Naira looked at the other woman. She could see the see the way her legs were shaking. She tried to stand up, but then had to sit back down most likely out of dizziness. It was in her best medical judgement that the other woman should return with her to sickbay so that she could rest and receive another round of antibiotics, but from what knowledge she had gained of the other woman, she was of the mind that the ensign was just as dedicated to her own job as Naira was to hers. Naira had been pushing herself to continue her normal work routine as much as possible despite the fact that she too should have been taking this time to focus on her own healing, so she couldn't blame the other woman for wanting to do the same.

"I will let you see this through on the condition that I see you back in sickbay by the end of the day. Do not push yourself too hard or I will place you on medical leave. If you feel as if your condition has worsened, I want you to report to sickbay right away."

Her tone was very serious and she held a firm, no-nonsense look upon her face.

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2017, 05:41:55 pm »
[Turbolift]

"Vulcan logic is simple to understand. It is cold facts and figures. It is you I do not understand, Thomas Jett. You inadvertently arranged a Ferengi marriage for us, and now you are regretful and apologetic." The flustered Vulcan stared down at the floor as if she were trying to memorize the pattern before she continued. "One moment you are reckless, behaving with little regard for your own life and wellbeing. Yet other times you appear to be clearly possessed of an intelligent, clever mind. You are selfless, with your kindness to others." She stopped remembering the photo he kept. "And foolishly sentimental. I do not know what to make of you." An errant strand of hair fell into her eyes as she was looking down, and she tucked it behind her ear again, yet kept a finger curled in it.

"I would be entirely within my rights to find you completely irritating. And yet, for some mystery I have yet to solve, I do not. That is something else that defies my comprehension. I am not familiar with receiving kind words and gestures." T'Prina then looked up at him, catching his eye. A small, almost smile was on her lips. The Betazoid had said not to be afraid of emotions, maybe she was in some way. Being afraid was even less acceptable, and she would meet this challenge.

"Perhaps this is just my awkward way of coming to terms with what I do not yet understand. As confounding as you are, I find you to be an agreeable companion and time spent with you is not, unpleasant." She lightly patted his shoulder, she felt some small sort of physical contact was something humans enjoyed. It was unfamiliar territory, and she didn't know what was considered proper. For all the time she had lived on Earth, some interactions outside of a science lab or classroom were still new.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:45:25 pm by Thomas Jett »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles