Minisode 2: Columbus Stories: Missing Treasures

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, July 11, 2017, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna McKinson

[Passageways]

Jenna and Molly saluted their captain and started to head on their way. Jenna's mind began to plague her as her anexity began to flare up. That wasn't the best first impression and she knew it. However, she knew she needed to push past it. There woud be plenty of time for getting to know how to gague how strict her new captain was later.

[Turbolift]

Molly helped to ease the mood with a story about her family. She was the youngest of five with two brothers and two sisters. She loved them to death, but often considered them utter pains in the ass most days. Jenna smiled thinking about the stories. Thought she was trying to forget, her mind did wind up thinking about Makayla. She shook off the feelings she was having once the lift got them to the deck they needed to be on.

[Main Engineering]

The two ladies arrived to their destination rather quickly. Jenna's eyes lit up when looking at her surroundings. It was quite the marvel and Jenna's expectations had been succeded. She couldn't place what drew her to engneeering, but she knew looking around that she was going to like it there.

Immedately the two headed to look for their boss. When they found him, they saluted him. "Sir, ensign Jenna McKinson reporting for duty," Jenna said. Mollly also reported in via the same respectful tone. While they waited, Jenna's mind began to think about all that she could learn at her new post. The meeting with the captain might have been a miss fire, but she sure as hell wanted the meeting with her immedate supervisor to work out better. At least she hoped it would.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 12, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

"It's nice to finally get to know you more, Ka.. er, Knox," Ramona replied. "I always thought Trills were an interesting species. I think it's the spots."

Smiling and raising her right eyebrow, Knox responded.

"So you only like me for my spots?"

Quote from: Naira on July 12, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

"I'm doing well," she answered the ensign. "Thank you for asking. I should be up and walking around here in the next few days. Now as for you," she addressed the woman, "I'm going to release you to rest and recover on your own terms, but I'm going to outfit you with a subdermal bioprobe so that I can continue to monitor your progress."

Knox could not hide her delight when being told she would be able to leave sickbay!

"I am glad to hear that you are also recovering well, Doctor. Though, I hope you follow your own advice RE rest and recovery."

Knox paused for a moment, rethinking what Dr. Naira had just actually said. Though she was not going to argue, she really did not like the idea. (A joined Trill always found themselves frequent visitors of Sickbays and yet Knox's fear of anything medical was still as strong as it had been prior to being joined.)

Outfit me with a subdermal bioprobe. Right. Ok.

Before she knew what was happening, minor surgery was occurring on her left arm.

"I, erm."

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 12, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

She laughed a bit at that last part. She watched as the doctor administered the bioprobes into Spots' arm. Usually she was fine watching such things, but something made her wince a bit at the sight. She closed her eyes and shook her head. Her blue hair twirled a bit as she did.

Knox turned away, not before noticing how adorable Blue's reaction was.

"Thank you, Doctor."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 12, 2017, 08:46:01 AM

[P-Ways]

Adeyemi's eyebrows rose even further at the other ensign's familiar tone and words. He had heard that the former commanding officer had been very relaxed in terms of bearing and discipline. He would have resolved that here and now, but he was not on duty or in uniform.

"I will keep that in mind, ensign." The captain said to Molly, his tone indicating that she had spoken out of turn. "Now, if you will both excuse me. Welcome aboard."

[Tritter Family HQ]

Adeyemi would have expected a pack of young children to be unruly while at home, but to his surprise the little Tritters were very well behaved. The captain wasn't one for children, had none in his life. He had a great deal of nieces and nephews, but his Starfleet career kept him away from home most of the time. The notion of having children someday himself wasn't unappealing, but where would he find the time?

Still, he had to admit that when he looked around the executive officer's quarters, that it was a homey scene. Tritter's husband was there too. Adeyemi didn't agree with their lifestyle choices, but he wasn't about to say so. At the end of the day, they all had the Starfleet symbol on their uniforms and all had to work together.

"Commander Tritter, thank you for your hospitality." Adeyemi said. "I am off on a holodeck hunting trip. Have you ever hunted deer before, Commander? Perhaps you'd like to join me?"

Tritter generally detested other people's children, because of how poorly behaved they are. Tritter had a few nieces and nephews, but he also had plenty of friends with children and for the most part, people like him tend to have well behaved kids. The Tritter family head quarters was neat, well-kempt but homey and oddly... relaxing in it's own way. It was a peaceful place away from the hustle and bustle, as well as dangerous activities that more than occasionally happened around the Starbase, as they were a magnet for it.

Tritter than listened carefully to the Captain's query of him, he than pondered over for it a moment. The large man than addressed the Captain with the following reply, "Aye Sir, I have, it sounds like a good time indeed" Tritter would proceed to study the Captain's get up, he would ask them the following, "Sir, perhaps a change of dress would be recommended for me?" As he wasn't sure what type of weather the Captain was going to set for the holodeck.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

T'Prina

Quote from: Thomas Jett on July 12, 2017, 12:52:36 PM

[Outside of T'Prina's Quarters]

Jett looked at Natalia and said, "How about this..."  Jett handed over the flowers to the girl and said: "How about you hand it over to my friend..."  Jett said.

Natalia asked, "After this will you teach me how to steal?"

Jett then closed his eyes and responded "Probably not a good idea to ask that out loud"

Jett then pressed the button to inform T'Prina there was someone outside.

[T'Prina's Quarters]
The casually clothed Vulcan paused at the door, hand poised above the panel when the chime sounded, alerting her to a visitor. Odd, she hadn't been expecting anyone, and she wasn't the friendliest companion. An eyebrow raised, she opened the door.

The brightly fragrant floral aroma hit T'Prina before she entirely grasped who she saw in front of her.

"Hyacinthus, a genus of Bulbous, in the family Asparagaceae, subfamily Scilloideae. Named for the ancient hero Hyacinth from whom's blood the first flowers were created. According to myth."

She delicately took the the proffered bundle from the little girl. Now that she had time to analyze, the child had arrived with Jett. With a slight wave of her hand, she beckoned them both into the somewhat spartan room

"I see you have found a new friend to help keep you out of trouble, Captain." The corner of her mouth twitched wryly, the closest she would come to a smile. She turned and set the flowers in their vase on a small table. On the wall nearby, hung an ornately decorated Vulcan lirpa crossed with a primitive, yet deadly looking halberd. As she caught sight of it, she was reminded of a certain possession she had yet to return. Curiously, she had held onto it for a bit longer than was logical.

"I suppose it is about time I returned your belongings to you. I took the liberty of having it cleaned, and a few minor repairs made." From a wardrobe, she produced Jett's familiar worn coat, looking in better condition than it had been handed to her. She also slid the picture he kept out of the inner pocket.

"I also procured a small protective case for your photograph. It... Seemed important to you, so I thought it would be better preserved." She uncharacteristically stumbled over her words, and felt awkward as she held out his items for inspection. That was something new, but she did her best to shrug it off.

"You caught me on my way out to attend the event on the Promenade. I believe it is the Hindu Festival of Lights. I am told it is an educational cultural experience." Her next words were out of her mouth before she even had a chance to consider them. "Would you like to go together... With me?"

She looked away quickly, inwardly cursing. What a child she seemed with this sort of behavior. "I apologize for imposing so rudely. I am sure you already have other plans." Her tone was a little harsh, as she inwardly chided herself.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Thomas Jett

[Outside of T'Prina's Quarters]

Tom stood outside the door waiting for it to open.  Jett then figured out that there is the possibility that she might not be in her quarters.  She might be working on a shift, doing an experiment or maybe on a date.

Jett looked at the girl and kindly said "We can leave it in front of the door"

The girl then asked, "How would she know they came from us?

Jett looked down and began thinking "hmmm," he said

All of the sudden the door opened up and Jett noticed for the first time T'Prina was not wearing a Starfleet Uniform or under disguise.  Most of their interactions have been professional.

Jett observed her brunette hair covering her Vulcan ears.  Her hair was accented by a what Jett observed a beautiful purple or violet dress.  The former pilot was never good in telling color and dresses.  This was one of the few times he noticed that her neck was uncovered and it looked regal it also balanced her green eyes.  Jett wanted to compliment her on the look but decided against it.

He came to apologize to see if he had offended her about the marriage situation.  Complementing her would send the wrong message.  He stood quietly for a second and silent and he thought his next move.  The moment might have been a millisecond, but from his point of view, it felt like an eternity.  Simply put he understood Vulcan's honor and he did not want to harm her or offend her.

Little did Jett know that there was a side smile coming from his lips.  This movement was not something that he knew he was doing or meant to do.  It was something that he would surely deny.

The little girl extended the flowers to T'Prina.  With a big smile, she handed them.  "My name is Natalia, pleasure meeting you T'Prina.  He said he was sorry about something but I  uhh forgot what it was.

Jett only said one word "Hey"

Quote from: T'Prina on July 12, 2017, 11:55:39 PM

"Hyacinthus, a genus of Bulbous, in the family Asparagaceae, subfamily Scilloideae. Named for the ancient hero Hyacinth from whom's blood the first flowers were created. According to myth."

She delicately took the the proffered bundle from the little girl. Now that she had time to analyze, the child had arrived with Jett. With a slight wave of her hand, she beckoned them both into the somewhat spartan room

Jett nodded as he accepted her invitation and entered into her quarters.  It was the first time he entered into the quarters and noticed that it as a simple. With a gentle nudge in the back, Jett informed the girl that it was ok to come into the quarters.  As expected, Jett noticed T'Prina addressing the situation of the child.

Tom was not surprised at the least that T'Prina knew about flowers and their meanings.  He did not have a strong science background but he could admire people that did.  For him, it was a foreign world to deal with facts instead of instincts and improvisation.  Sentient beings by their very nature are unpredictable and does not seem to work well with his experience of the world.

"I see you have found a new friend to help keep you out of trouble, Captain."

Jett could not help but do a silent chuckle.   He smiled at the prospect that she would keep him out of trouble, while in reality, it was the other way around. He looked at the girl and said "Yeah, I spotted her in the promenade, she is looking for her mom"

The girl then continued "Yeah!!! And then Tom is going to teach me how to steal better

Jett reacted by closing his eyes.  The cat was out of the bag so to speak.  He looked like he was slightly ashamed.  Yes, he wanted to work with the girl about her skills, but he did not appreciate that she was told the station.  Jett never had kids of his own and wondered if all kids say everything to everyone.  It appeared that she was a sponge absorbing information and then giving it freely.

Jett then responded in a serious and low tone "Yeah, we need work on your subtlety first"

The girl then asked, "What's that?

Jett then responded "It means that if you don't want to get us arrested, you should not tell the entire station that I am going to teach you how to steal"  He then turned to T'Prina and said "Long story, but the little miss here tried to steal some candy and got caught"

The girl then reacted by looking down in an embarrassed state.  Her cheeks turned slightly red and she realized she was the center of attention.  "Tom said that woman go in bathroom in groups and that is one of the mysteries of the universe...you are a woman, right? why?"  She inquired

Jett just shook his head and wondered "Ohhh boy I am starting to regret this"

Jett stood in the middle of her quarters when he noticed T'Prina grabbing a familiar leather jacket.  He looked at the jacket and noticed that it was in a better condition.

"I suppose it is about time I returned your belongings to you. I took the liberty of having it cleaned, and a few minor repairs made."

Jett stood silent for a second and looked down.  As he grabbed his Jacket, little did he know his hand was almost making contact with T'Prina.  He did not know if it made contact or not he merely responded with "Thank you, I appreciate it".  His eyes began watering a little bit but no tears showed up.

The second item was more significant.   It was a picture of him and his wife. Jett looked at it and began having some feelings in the matter.  His mouth felt dry and he felt a pain in his chest.  The former Starfleet Officer tried to keep his composure the best he could.  He did not want to cry or appear to be crying.

"I also procured a small protective case for your photograph. It... Seemed important to you, so I thought it would be better preserved." She uncharacteristically stumbled over her words and felt awkward as she held out his items for inspection. That was something new, but she did her best to shrug it off.

Jett looked at T'Prina's green eyes and then looked at the picture.  He fought the urge to hug her and thank her for keeping that safe for him.  As he looked at this picture, Jett could feel his eyes watering.

"Thank you, T'Prina....I think something got into my eyes"  He lied

The girl then looked curious and asked: "Who's that?"

Jett kindly knelt next to the girl so she could see the picture.  Jett had a big smile and began responding "Well that's me and that's my wife"  Jett responded

Jett continued "That was taken about 10 years ago, on Earth, it was one of the happiest days of my life"  Jett tried to keep a brave face but he was going through a lot of feelings in that moment.

The girl looked at Jett and said: "You look sad...where is she?

Jett then said the truth "Well, about five years ago, she went missing and I'm still trying to find her or rather what happened to her. "

The girl then smiled and said, "Maybe she is with Mommy!"  She then approached and hug him and said "I don't like people to be sad, Mommy says that a hug makes people happy"

Jett accepted the hug.

Jett then smiled and gave a chuckle and said: "I don't think is going to be that easy...but we are going to find your mommy, I promise." Jett finished with a serious tone.  In a way helping the girl and helping people was the only outlet for the pain and frustration he felt.  He could not do anything about Anna but maybe helping one person at a time could help eliminate some of the pain in the galaxy.  He took one second to place his feelings back in check.

Jett stood up and looked at T'Prina.

"You caught me on my way out to attend the event on the Promenade. I believe it is the Hindu Festival of Lights. I am told it is an educational cultural experience." Her next words were out of her mouth before she even had a chance to consider them. "Would you like to go together... With me?"

She looked away quickly, inwardly cursing. What a child she seemed with this sort of behavior. "I apologize for imposing so rudely. I am sure you already have other plans." Her tone was a little harsh, as she inwardly chided herself.

Jett could not help but give a big smile and he nodded at T'Prina.  "T'Prina, I would be honored to go with you."  As Jett finished he looked at her eyes with a smile.  "Don't worry, I don't have other plans"

With a  big smile Jett continued "Besides, I would be the luckiest guy in the Station, everyone is going to be jealous because I am walking with the most beautiful woman in the Station"

Jett continued "I mean Natalia of course!"

As he finished he heard a small laugh from the girl.   Natalia then walked next to T'Prina and tried to signal her to lean down.

Natalia would attempt to cover T'Prina's ear with her hands and she was trying to say a secret.

The secret was "I'm not a tattle tail, but I think he likes you." She then continued singing in a taunting voice

T'Prina and Tom sitting in the tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g! (spell it out)
First comes love.
Then comes marriage.
Then comes baby in the baby carriage,
Sucking his thumb,
Wetting his pants,
Doing the hula, hula dance!"
As she finished she looked at both of them and began laughing with herself.

Naira

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 12, 2017, 09:30:47 PM

[Sickbay]

Smiling and raising her right eyebrow, Knox responded.

"So you only like me for my spots?"

Knox could not hide her delight when being told she would be able to leave sickbay!

"I am glad to hear that you are also recovering well, Doctor. Though, I hope you follow your own advice RE rest and recovery."

Knox paused for a moment, rethinking what Dr. Naira had just actually said. Though she was not going to argue, she really did not like the idea. (A joined Trill always found themselves frequent visitors of Sickbays and yet Knox's fear of anything medical was still as strong as it had been prior to being joined.)

Outfit me with a subdermal bioprobe. Right. Ok.

Before she knew what was happening, minor surgery was occurring on her left arm.

"I, erm."

Knox turned away, not before noticing how adorable Blue's reaction was.

"Thank you, Doctor."

[Sickbay]

The bioprobe she inserted in the other woman's arm consisted of a capsule no larger than two centimeters in length. Other than a small pinch while it was being inserted under the skin, the patient wasn't likely to feel anything unless she chose to apply pressure to the area it had been inserted. While she returned to her normal lifestyle, the probe would continuously monitor her vital signs over the next few days and update her medical record. Any abnormalities or a return of her infection would immediately alert the computer and medical staff to her condition. In the event of an emergency, it could also serve as a secondary device for establishing a transporter lock should she need to be beamed directly to sickbay.

"Just remember to try to take it easy. You might be feeling better, but your body is still recovering and you don't want to push yourself too hard."

That was advice Naira planned to take advantage of herself. With Ensign Knox officially discharged from sickbay, she would be free to retreat to her own quarters for a bit to check in on her girls and get in a quick mid-day nap before her afternoon appointments.

Auzual Knox

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Naira on July 13, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

"Just remember to try to take it easy. You might be feeling better, but your body is still recovering and you don't want to push yourself too hard."

Knox glanced down to her arm and could see a faint blue flashing light under her skin.

Ok, I may have overreacted slightly to the procedure, slightly.

"Understood, Doctor. I shall return to minimal duties tomorrow. In the mean time, I have many reports to analyze and that does not require strenuous physical exercise."

She continued, making sure to make eye contact with Dr. Naira.

"I hope you also."

With that last statement Knox realized that she sounded a lot like Sirzi. In fact, since the infection that had allowed her host's to surface, she had begun to realize the parts of her personality that resembled them. As well as her mannerisms and her intonation.

Knox, gracefully, got to her feet and stood up, stretching her arms out. Her legs felt strange and she needed a moment to gain her footing. 5'9 and athletic, the strips of white material pertinently covered her modesty, just about. They wrapped around her in sections, but exposing quite a lot of skin as well as her Trill markings on her sides.

Knox debated for a moment. Any Ferengi between Sickbay and her quarters would probably approve a little too much. Since Ferengi females were permitted to wear clothing, they wore an elaborate amount of material, probably to make up for lost time.

Actually, probably more to do with profit - the more you wear, the more you buy.

Knox glanced over to Blue.

"Would you be so kind as to pass me a robe?"

Knox was still a little shaky, but she wanted to walk to her quarters to prove to Dr. Naira and herself that she could. She used conversation to attempt to distract Blue's attention from her unsteadiness.

"Did you hear of the festival on the promenade? Though perhaps you are more accustomed to Earth religious traditions."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on July 12, 2017, 09:40:16 PM

Tritter generally detested other people's children, because of how poorly behaved they are. Tritter had a few nieces and nephews, but he also had plenty of friends with children and for the most part, people like him tend to have well behaved kids. The Tritter family head quarters was neat, well-kempt but homey and oddly... relaxing in it's own way. It was a peaceful place away from the hustle and bustle, as well as dangerous activities that more than occasionally happened around the Starbase, as they were a magnet for it.

Tritter than listened carefully to the Captain's query of him, he than pondered over for it a moment. The large man than addressed the Captain with the following reply, "Aye Sir, I have, it sounds like a good time indeed" Tritter would proceed to study the Captain's get up, he would ask them the following, "Sir, perhaps a change of dress would be recommended for me?" As he wasn't sure what type of weather the Captain was going to set for the holodeck.

[Tritter Family HQ]

Adeyemi took in the tranquil scene and indicated his own attire. "Winter in North America, commander. The computer will have appropriate clothing. And I, Commander Tritter, have appropriate ordinance."

Adeyemi had been holding a large rifle case. Indicating the table, the captain made a do you mind? gesture. Receiving no protest, he opened up the black case. Adeyemi had no flair for the dramatic. He showed the Tritters what was inside:

html multiple images

"Remington Model 783," The captain said to them all. "Prime balance. Accurate but simple weapon.  World's most reliable action: bolt action. Don't let the plastic feel throw you: they will both hold up. Chambered for the versatile .243 Winchester round."

Clearly, the captain loved his guns. His accent had thickened up during his little speech, and his eyes bright and smile big. He hadn't handled the weapon unsafely, merely shown it all to them, having been very cognizant of the children in the room.

Ramona Pilgrim

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 13, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

[Sickbay]

Knox glanced down to her arm and could see a faint blue flashing light under her skin.

Ok, I may have overreacted slightly to the procedure, slightly.

"Understood, Doctor. I shall return to minimal duties tomorrow. In the mean time, I have many reports to analyze and that does not require strenuous physical exercise."

She continued, making sure to make eye contact with Dr. Naira.

"I hope you also."

With that last statement Knox realized that she sounded a lot like Sirzi. In fact, since the infection that had allowed her host's to surface, she had begun to realize the parts of her personality that resembled them. As well as her mannerisms and her intonation.

Knox, gracefully, got to her feet and stood up, stretching her arms out. Her legs felt strange and she needed a moment to gain her footing. 5'9 and athletic, the strips of white material pertinently covered her modesty, just about. They wrapped around her in sections, but exposing quite a lot of skin as well as her Trill markings on her sides.

Knox debated for a moment. Any Ferengi between Sickbay and her quarters would probably approve a little too much. Since Ferengi females were permitted to wear clothing, they wore an elaborate amount of material, probably to make up for lost time.

Actually, probably more to do with profit - the more you wear, the more you buy.

Knox glanced over to Blue.

"Would you be so kind as to pass me a robe?"

Knox was still a little shaky, but she wanted to walk to her quarters to prove to Dr. Naira and herself that she could. She used conversation to attempt to distract Blue's attention from her unsteadiness.

"Did you hear of the festival on the promenade? Though perhaps you are more accustomed to Earth religious traditions."

Ramona watched as Knox stood up. She looked a bit puzzled because she had forgotten that the Trill was nearly half a foot taller.

She eyed up and down a bit but stopped so as not to look as she gawking. Though her eyes did focus a bit on the spots.

Ramona was pulled to her senses by the question.

"Oh, yes, of course," she replied.

So they really do go all the way down... she prayed it was in her head that she said that.

"Would you like any help getting it on?" she hoped there was more concern in her voice than anything else.

"And as for the festival, I did hear about it. I was assigned to make sure things didn't get out of hand," she winked. "And as for religion and such, like a great man once said I try to keep an open mind."

She waited a bit to gauge where things could head.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Auzual Knox

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 13, 2017, 09:48:45 PM

"Oh, yes, of course," she replied.

"Would you like any help getting it on?"

"And as for the festival, I did hear about it. I was assigned to make sure things didn't get out of hand," she winked. "And as for religion and such, like a great man once said I try to keep an open mind."

Knox gratefully took the robe, though smiling, she shook her head at the offer of assistance.

"No need. Thank you."

Now I just need to remember how to get back to my quarters from this Sickbay...

Raising her right eyebrow at the wink, Knox responded to Blue.

"Oh, so you must be in Security? Perhaps our paths may cross again at the Festival then."

Knox replicated a pair of white basic slippers and began walking towards the door to exit Sickbay. She turned to see whether Blue would accompany her, though stopped herself from asking directly. She believed that the Crewman must have had more important matters to attend to. With more and more Ferengi docking at the Station every hour, the Station's Security teams were being stretched to their limit. They had also added extra to the Promenade especially for the festival. (Knox enjoyed reading any intelligence her security level clearance could grant her access to.)

Though learning this did disappoint her somewhat. She did not believe all Ferengi should be treated by the worst of their kind. Although, she had witnessed over the past two hundred years that their love, or lust for profit had grown exponentially! Despite this, she was very much looking forward to seeing her old friend Zak, whom she had enjoyed many an evening with on Risa.

"Goodbye, Doctor."

Pausing.

"When does your shift begin, Bl-Ramona?"

Ramona Pilgrim

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on July 14, 2017, 11:07:34 AM

[Sickbay]

Knox gratefully took the robe, though smiling, she shook her head at the offer of assistance.

"No need. Thank you."

Now I just need to remember how to get back to my quarters from this Sickbay...

Raising her right eyebrow at the wink, Knox responded to Blue.

"Oh, so you must be in Security? Perhaps our paths may cross again at the Festival then."

Knox replicated a pair of white basic slippers and began walking towards the door to exit Sickbay. She turned to see whether Blue would accompany her, though stopped herself from asking directly. She believed that the Crewman must have had more important matters to attend to. With more and more Ferengi docking at the Station every hour, the Station's Security teams were being stretched to their limit. They had also added extra to the Promenade especially for the festival. (Knox enjoyed reading any intelligence her security level clearance could grant her access to.)

Though learning this did disappoint her somewhat. She did not believe all Ferengi should be treated by the worst of their kind. Although, she had witnessed over the past two hundred years that their love, or lust for profit had grown exponentially! Despite this, she was very much looking forward to seeing her old friend Zak, whom she had enjoyed many an evening with on Risa.

"Goodbye, Doctor."

Pausing.

"When does your shift begin, Bl-Ramona?"

Ramona stood for a bit by the biobed, absentmindedly twirled her hair in her finger. She tried not to stare too much.

"I am indeed. I figured it was a good way to get all that pent up energy out," she replied, "ya,
know? And it would be nice to work together again."

She paused a bit. Hoping her excitement didn't ooze out too much.

"I actually just finished my shift before coming down here," Ramona answered. "I think it would wise to have a little extra security since you've been been ridden for a few days. If you'd like, we could go to the festival for a bit."

She hoped it wasn't too much of an intrusion to ask, but had a feeling it would be ok.

You just have this convenient subspace highway running through your head that I like to use. It's like three miles in 15 seconds. I forgot you guys don't have that in Canada.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on July 12, 2017, 08:20:20 PM

[Passageways]

Jenna and Molly saluted their captain and started to head on their way. Jenna's mind began to plague her as her anexity began to flare up. That wasn't the best first impression and she knew it. However, she knew she needed to push past it. There woud be plenty of time for getting to know how to gague how strict her new captain was later.

[Turbolift]

Molly helped to ease the mood with a story about her family. She was the youngest of five with two brothers and two sisters. She loved them to death, but often considered them utter pains in the ass most days. Jenna smiled thinking about the stories. Thought she was trying to forget, her mind did wind up thinking about Makayla. She shook off the feelings she was having once the lift got them to the deck they needed to be on.

[Main Engineering]

The two ladies arrived to their destination rather quickly. Jenna's eyes lit up when looking at her surroundings. It was quite the marvel and Jenna's expectations had been succeded. She couldn't place what drew her to engneeering, but she knew looking around that she was going to like it there.

Immedately the two headed to look for their boss. When they found him, they saluted him. "Sir, ensign Jenna McKinson reporting for duty," Jenna said. Mollly also reported in via the same respectful tone. While they waited, Jenna's mind began to think about all that she could learn at her new post. The meeting with the captain might have been a miss fire, but she sure as hell wanted the meeting with her immedate supervisor to work out better. At least she hoped it would.

Main Engineering
Dan was still busy trying to re-align the transistors for one of the shield generators and had not initially noticed the two ladies walk in. He clocked them just as they approached him and saluted him. "Ladies, welcome to the heart of the Columbus. I'm Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell, Chief Engineer." Dan replied with a casual, non-formal salute back. It was good to finally have some people back in engineering, things were starting to get out of control. He continued "I hope your ready to get straight into things, engineering is incredibly busy at the moment, primarily with the holodecks. Any questions before I assign you a task?." Howell didn't usually like putting taxing tasks on new crew members right away, he usually liked them to settle into getting used to a starbase a bit first, but there really wasn't the time. He decided that merely supervising them would be a better course of action given the situation.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 13, 2017, 08:55:33 PM

[Tritter Family HQ]

Adeyemi took in the tranquil scene and indicated his own attire. "Winter in North America, commander. The computer will have appropriate clothing. And I, Commander Tritter, have appropriate ordinance."

Adeyemi had been holding a large rifle case. Indicating the table, the captain made a do you mind? gesture. Receiving no protest, he opened up the black case. Adeyemi had no flair for the dramatic. He showed the Tritters what was inside:

html multiple images

"Remington Model 783," The captain said to them all. "Prime balance. Accurate but simple weapon.  World's most reliable action: bolt action. Don't let the plastic feel throw you: they will both hold up. Chambered for the versatile .243 Winchester round."

Clearly, the captain loved his guns. His accent had thickened up during his little speech, and his eyes bright and smile big. He hadn't handled the weapon unsafely, merely shown it all to them, having been very cognizant of the children in the room.

Tritter nodded slightly to the Captain, such made sense to him. He than noticed the Rifle cases as the Captain gestured towards the table, he than nodded slightly, he was completely fine with that. The kids, him and his Husband were completely comfortable around firearms. There was also a certain intensity he had about him, Starfleet didn't breed intensity, but a lengthy and successful career in Law Enforcement bread that in him.

Tritter than took the rifle from the case, he verified the chamber was clear and since there was no magazine in it, the weapon was in a green condition. Ryan picked up on the noise from clear across the room. The man would than rise to his feet, he would walk towards the firearms on the table, with the two small children in tow. Ryan carried himself in a very similar fashion to Tritter, but you can't take the cop out of the man after twenty or more years on the job. He came over and investigated the firearms, he than grinned slightly.

Tritter than handed the firearm to Ryan for him to investigate, the man ran through the actions of it with a familiarity that only comes from years of training and handling firearms. He than chuckled slightly and than stated, "A bit heavy on the front, but it should more than do the job and not jam on you" He than kneeled down and proceeded to show the kids around the weapon, they were young, so they weren't allowed to directly handle it, but Ryan showed them around it and he gave them a certain appreciation/respect for the firearm, the kids were well behaved but had lots of questions, each was answered in a patient way.

Tritter than turned his focus back towards the Captain, he could tell that they had a passion for firearms, just like his Husband and Him. He seemed to enjoy that they had something similar in common with the Captain, after a few minutes, Ryan returned the rifle to the case and than looked at Michael. Tritter than looked between the two men, he knew the Captain was a man of intense faith and truthfully, that didn't scare him. If the man gave him a hard time about it, the shit he would give would be zero. He than stated, "Captain, this is my husband Ryan"

Ryan was of a similar build to Tritter, although smaller, he was 6'3 in height, weighing in around 250 pounds. He was a bit younger looking, with close cut dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes, although if one looked at him closely enough, they may notice the right one would occasionally change color. Ryan would than offer his right hand to the Captain, as he was a fan of shaking hands with others, part of how he was raised. It would be interesting to see what the Captain would do from here.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[Leaving Sickbay]

Knox gestured for Blue to follow and to continue the conversation. They walked along the corridors to the jefferies tubes.

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 14, 2017, 11:39:15 AM

"I am indeed. I figured it was a good way to get all that pent up energy out," she replied, "ya,
know? And it would be nice to work together again."

"I find my daily runs help with that. If you find yourself in need, I could show you a Trill breathing exercise."

"Btw, I am in Ops. Though, I am sure we shall find ourselves working together again."

Quote from: Ramona Pilgrim on July 14, 2017, 11:39:15 AM

"I actually just finished my shift before coming down here," Ramona answered. "I think it would wise to have a little extra security since you've been been ridden for a few days. If you'd like, we could go to the festival for a bit."

A little extra protection? I am 378! I was Sirzi, I was Darzem!

Though this was similar to  the concern often shown by Nazar to those he liked and Jorzon to his wife. It was unusual for Knox to be the one receiving it. There was no denying it, Knox was simply used to being a man.

"Well, first I shall need to change into something more appropriate perhaps, no? I do have plans to meet an old friend, though I am sure he would enjoy your company as well."

They reached Knox's quarters and she invited Blue in. She cleared dark purple scarves and many intel padds off from a chair. Her quarters were rather organized, with very few personal items. Petrified wood, a couple of fossils, various sizes of candles and many Tillandsia hanging.

"Give me 15 minutes."

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: Daniel Howell on July 14, 2017, 09:00:28 PM

Main Engineering
Dan was still busy trying to re-align the transistors for one of the shield generators and had not initially noticed the two ladies walk in. He clocked them just as they approached him and saluted him. "Ladies, welcome to the heart of the Columbus. I'm Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell, Chief Engineer." Dan replied with a casual, non-formal salute back. It was good to finally have some people back in engineering, things were starting to get out of control. He continued "I hope your ready to get straight into things, engineering is incredibly busy at the moment, primarily with the holodecks. Any questions before I assign you a task?." Howell didn't usually like putting taxing tasks on new crew members right away, he usually liked them to settle into getting used to a starbase a bit first, but there really wasn't the time. He decided that merely supervising them would be a better course of action given the situation.

[ Main Engineering ]

"I can imagine with a base this size and a festival going on. I have no questions other than where can we get our hands dirty," Jenna said in response to Daniel. "No questions from me either I'm ready to roll up the sleeves,"Molly said. The two stood a bit more relaxed once Daniel spoke. It seemed like it was a well oiled, but busy machine going on around them.

While waiting from an assignment from Daniel, Jenna was still marveling at the technology around her. Machines were her forte, but she also loved the advancements that powered them as well. When her and Caleb were growing up, she pushed him to build engines with her. He was good at it, but seemed less interested as her. She thought back to home and the tricked out electric motorcycle her and Caleb built. She often wondered if Makayla kept it like she promised. However, with all connections severed, it would be hard to ask neigh impossible. 

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.