S1- M6 - Under a Killing Holodeck

Started by James A. Hawke, July 01, 2017, 10:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[Captain's Ready Room]

Captain's Log: Supplemental, The Shran is scheduled for a routine stop at Deep Space 5.  We recently had a computer malfunction and the Shran is needed of a major software repair.  I have been recommended by my Ops Office to use this opportunity for a team building exercise.  I have accepted that proposal

"Are you sure this is going to work?"  James asked as he finished placing his Fedora hat in his head

Ada gave  small smile and responded "Captain, statistically speaking these programs improve the trust and efficiency of the crew by 5%, it is an effective tool"

James then raised his hand and responded "I know this does not computer, but I trust you Ada"  As he finished he gently tapped her on the shoulder.  "I guess, I'll see ya there"

"I will see you there, Captain"  Ada Responded

Before leaving James said "Please inform everyone that their participation and good faith is an order, not a request"  James said

James left his quarters.

As he left Ada typed the following message.

Dear Crewmember,

You have been selected by the Captain to participate in a team building program.  The Captain is ordering your attendance and good faith effort in the team building exercise.  You are to report to Holodeck 1 within 20 minutes with Victorian era (late 19th Century Earth) Clothing.  Your attendance is required.

Sincerely,

Ada

Click on the Badge to see bio

Fala Awen

[Caelene's Quarters]

With the Shran going in for repairs, Caelene had worked an extra shift in Engineering to get everything ready for the shipyard engineers. She'd gotten some sleep, but had awoken not long after she normally would have. After laying in bed for another thirty or forty minutes trying to get back to sleep, she finally gave up and got out of bed.

As she was walking towards her replicator, the Trill noticed a blinking light on the desktop console, indicating she had a message. Frowning as she imagined some kind of disaster having taken place while she slept, Caelene moved to her desk instead and brought up the message.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on July 01, 2017, 10:09:02 PM

Dear Crewmember,

You have been selected by the Captain to participate in a team building program.  The Captain is ordering your attendance and good faith effort in the team building exercise.  You are to report to Holodeck 1 within 20 minutes with Late 19th Century English Clothing.  Your attendance is required.

Sincerely,

Ada

A team building exercise? Of all the things the message could have been about, Caelene hadn't expected that. She looked at the time stamp - it had been sent five minutes ago. Fifteen minutes to find suitable attire and maybe have some form of breakfast.

With little time to waste, Caelene moved over to her replicator. "Computer, hot mocha, please." A steaming mug of mocha shimmered into existence and the replicator beeped to signal it had completed its task. Picking it up, she took a tentative sip, breathing in the aroma of the beverage. "Computer, I need a complete outfit appropriate for the late Nineteenth century in England in my size."

"Specify parameters."

Caelene paused at the computer's request. She really didn't know of any additional specifics. Would it be day or night? Formal or informal? All she could do was make her best guess. "An outfit appropriate for afternoon or evening. Check your reference files and select something, computer," Caelene said, hoping the computer would comply rather than asking more questions.

A chirp of acknowledgment sounded and a pile of clothing appeared. The Trill picked it up and moved it to her bed so she could start getting dressed. The computer had chosen a hat, black elbow length gloves, a dark blue corseted top with an open neckline, a full black skirt, and lace-up boots.

After a slight struggle with the corseted top and various pieces of her ensemble, Caelene looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like a different person, or at least one from a different world. Smiling to herself, Caelene knew Milara would have loved this opportunity. The previous host had enjoyed researching different eras in Terran culture and had been especially fond of England and Sherlock Holmes. This experience would be another opportunity to get more in touch with Milara.

She took one final glance in the mirror and headed for the holodeck.

OFF: Tag any

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Ardyn Jaeger

[Ardyn's Quarters]

Ever since Steve had hatched just a week ago, Ardyn was still trying to get used to the challenge of  housebreaking a tiny dinosaur very intent on following her around everywhere like a duckling. Not that she was complaining, but it was quite a challenge to fly the ship and keep an eye on a very curious raptor at the same time.

Steve was hopping around the quarters,  cleverly darting out of reach from the blonde flight lieutenant onto a bookshelf. "Steve! Get back down here!" The little raptor, still having fun with the little game he was playing, looked at Ardyn curiously.  Then with a squeak, he dashed into the closet. Giving up, Ardyn sat back on the bed, rather exhausted. Looking on the computer panel, she noticed a flashing light. Tapping the panel, a message came up.

Dear Crewmember,

You have been selected by the Captain to participate in a team building program.  The Captain is ordering your attendance and good faith effort in the team building exercise.  You are to report to Holodeck 1 within 20 minutes with Victorian era (late 19th Century Earth) Clothing.  Your attendance is required.

Sincerely,

Ada

Victorian England? That's in interesting place to have a team building exercise. Ardyn thought as she got up from the bed. Going over to the replicator, she said. " Computer, can you replicate a Victorian outfit in my size? Preferably with minimal ruffles and whatnot, please." The computer chirped and produced an embroidered blouse with a high collar , a silky blue sash and a long, black skirt, fitting the times, she supposed. It wasn't her style, per se, as the corset was kinda uncomfortable, but it worked.

She got to the holodeck, where she saw Caelene, similarly decked out. "I sure am glad I'm not the only one doing this, you know?" She smirked her usual wry grin.  "Makes getting all fancy not so bad..." Her voice trailed off as she saw the fuzzy form of Steve trailing her. "Steve! What are you doing little guy?!" He squeaked in contentment and went up to the two women to get petted.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Ser Conley

Dear Crewmember,

Sincerely,

Ada

[Ser's Quarters]

Fast asleep, on his bed, Ser dream of moving through a large building trying to find the room he just left his pants and underwear in.  He'd just left to for a couple of seconds when some called his name down the hall.   He seemed like he'd search for a very long time, room after room yielded no body and no pants.  A beeping sound in the distance.  So he followed that.  It grow louder the closer he got he and ever step became harder and heavier.  His vision shifted, and with a pop.  Ser's eyes opened.  He stared at the ceiling for a moment before remembering where he was.

He sat up quickly and pulled the covers off his body and looked down.   He was wearing pants.  Sleep pants, but pants all the seem.  He finally released the beeping had stop with the dream.  Andre shook off his semi-dazed pants relief, and moved over the his desk console.   A frown marked his face as he read the message.  Leaving him only one thing to say.

"What?!" He shook his let the last remnants of sleep fall off him and He read the message again.

"Ooooooooooh." Ser said finally.   And started searching through the data base to find just the right clothes.

Five minutes laters, Ser placed a black fetal Derby over his head, and  secured it in place with a couple of quick taps from his cane.

He walked out of his room and headed straight to the holodeck, itching for an adventure.  He made good time but found he was beat out by two other crewmate.

"Evenin ladies."  He said, in a Irish accent.  "Are you ready to build a strong and cohesive team?"

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Fala Awen

[Outside Holodeck 1]

Caelene fidgeted with her corset a bit, trying to tug it down into a more comfortable position. She caught movement out of the corner of her eye and smiled as she saw Ardyn walking towards her, also in full Victorian costume.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on July 02, 2017, 03:17:43 PM

She got to the holodeck, where she saw Caelene, similarly decked out. "I sure am glad I'm not the only one doing this, you know?" She smirked her usual wry grin.  "Makes getting all fancy not so bad..." Her voice trailed off as she saw the fuzzy form of Steve trailing her. "Steve! What are you doing little guy?!" He squeaked in contentment and went up to the two women to get petted.

"It would make the experience a bit unauthentic if only one of us was dressed appropriately, I imagine," the Trill replied. She looked from one outfit to the other, "I was a little uncertain at first - and the corset reinforces that idea every so often, but a part of me is admittedly excited. And we do look shiny!"

Caelene was a little surprised to see Steve scampering up to them. He was still a rather recent addition and she wasn't entirely sure that James, or some of the others, would be thrilled at the idea of the holographic velociraptor roaming the corridors. Still, unlike the dinosaurs they'd encountered on that horrific nightmare planet, she had to admit that Steve was quite docile and playful.

Keeping her back straight, mostly as a result of the corset, Caelene knelt down and and slowly stroked the little raptor's head. He nuzzled her hand and squeaked quietly at her. Slowly she straightened back up to give Ardyn a chance to greet Steve and saw Ser approaching them.

Quote from: Ser Conley on July 02, 2017, 05:33:38 PM

"Evenin ladies."  He said, in a Irish accent.  "Are you ready to build a strong and cohesive team?"

Caelene nodded to the Chief Flight Control Officer, "Hello. I think we're probably as prepared as we can be, though I have to wonder what kind of team building we'll be doing in Victorian London..."

Surely they would find out soon enough, either when they went inside or once James and T'Ra showed up. Well, unless it was some sort of big secret. Regardless, the Trill was simply at a loss as far as what it could be. A scavenger hunt? Hide and seek? Perhaps one of the others had some viable ideas...

OFF: Tag crew

William Waring

[Holodeck - With my fellow adventurers!]

Will had be waist deep in ODN lines when he got the notification to head to the Holodeck. As stated his attendance was required so he may as well be dressed for the occasion. He only had a few minutes so he rifled through his templates of articles of clothing he had stored in the computer and found one he thought would fit.

"Late 19th Century. That means this 'ought to do" he said as he stepped towards those already assembled. "Evening all... or is it morning? Nevermind that then. I'm ready to embark on this exercise." He said as he looked around at those present while tugging down on his coat.
RESERVED

James A. Hawke

[Outside Holodeck 1]

James walked the hallway as Ada handed him a Padd with several duty reports.  Without looking at it twice Hawke signed his name and continued.

Ada interrupted him and suggested "Captain, it would be wise for you to at least look at the reports before approving it"

James shook his head slightly and responded "I trust you, plus y'know how much I hate those reports...what's the ETA before we are cleared by Deep Space 5 to go into space again?"

Ada responded "A week at the most"

James then "Y'know how much I hate not doing anything"

Ada then smiled and responded "Captain, if you are bored there are other administrative duties for you to attend"

James ignored her last statement as he walked in front of the Holodeck.

He observed that Tam, Ser, Will, and Ardy were already present.  He smiled as he looked at them and their garments.  They have all dressed appropriately.  James walked with his trench coat and hat and explained "Will, Ser, Tam, and Ardy...thank you for being here"

James then explained "For the next day or so, we will be working together solving a mystery.  As you are well aware Deep Space 5 is currently fixing our recent LCAR's problems so there is not much we can do on the ship.  Ada recommended to engage in this exercise, we will be working together as a team.  That means a true team, while this simulation happens I am no longer Captain...I am just James.  We are working on individuals...any questions?"  James asked

He then looked at Ada and asked: "Why aren't you wearing something appropriate?"

Ada responded "One second"

She appeared wearing a black and gold dress.  James then shook his head as he could not believe how easy it was for her to change clothes.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Caelene Tam on July 02, 2017, 10:47:45 PM

[Outside Holodeck 1]

Caelene fidgeted with her corset a bit, trying to tug it down into a more comfortable position. She caught movement out of the corner of her eye and smiled as she saw Ardyn walking towards her, also in full Victorian costume.

"It would make the experience a bit unauthentic if only one of us was dressed appropriately, I imagine," the Trill replied. She looked from one outfit to the other, "I was a little uncertain at first - and the corset reinforces that idea every so often, but a part of me is admittedly excited. And we do look shiny!"

Caelene was a little surprised to see Steve scampering up to them. He was still a rather recent addition and she wasn't entirely sure that James, or some of the others, would be thrilled at the idea of the holographic velociraptor roaming the corridors. Still, unlike the dinosaurs they'd encountered on that horrific nightmare planet, she had to admit that Steve was quite docile and playful.

Keeping her back straight, mostly as a result of the corset, Caelene knelt down and and slowly stroked the little raptor's head. He nuzzled her hand and squeaked quietly at her. Slowly she straightened back up to give Ardyn a chance to greet Steve and saw Ser approaching them.

Caelene nodded to the Chief Flight Control Officer, "Hello. I think we're probably as prepared as we can be, though I have to wonder what kind of team building we'll be doing in Victorian London..."

Surely they would find out soon enough, either when they went inside or once James and T'Ra showed up. Well, unless it was some sort of big secret. Regardless, the Trill was simply at a loss as far as what it could be. A scavenger hunt? Hide and seek? Perhaps one of the others had some viable ideas...

OFF: Tag crew

[Outside Holodeck 1]

"I agree. We do look rather shiny for certain." Ardyn said to Caelene with a grin as she bent down to scratch Steve's back. "This little guy has been practically my shadow this whole week. I think he thinks I'm his mom, or something, which technically might be true, since I kinda created him, but it doesn't make him any less easier to housebreak." She laughed as she picked up the tiny dinosaur, who was now purring at the prospect of being held. Watching the others slowly coming into the hallway, she winked playfully. "Looking rather dapper, my friends. Shall we go in? "

Gently setting Steve down, she looked him straight in the eyes. "Stay, boy. I'll be back in a while buddy." He whimpered a bit, but Ardy stood up and opened the holodeck.

[England, Victorian times]

The brisk autumn air blew around the bustling city center, bringing along the fragrances of bread, tobacco, and  linen on the breeze. Horses and carriages clattered along the pavement as people bustled about their daily business. A dense fog was slowly dissipating in the mid-morning light, revealing more of the expansive city ahead.

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kirok

[Captain's Ready Room]

Captain's Log: Supplemental, The Shran is scheduled for a routine stop at Deep Space 5.  We recently had a computer malfunction and the Shran is needed of a major software repair.  I have been recommended by my Ops Office to use this opportunity for a team building exercise.  I have accepted that proposal

"Are you sure this is going to work?"  James asked as he finished placing his Fedora hat in his head

Ada gave  small smile and responded "Captain, statistically speaking these programs improve the trust and efficiency of the crew by 5%, it is an effective tool"

James then raised his hand and responded "I know this does not computer, but I trust you Ada"  As he finished he gently tapped her on the shoulder.  "I guess, I'll see ya there"

"I will see you there, Captain"  Ada Responded

Before leaving James said "Please inform everyone that their participation and good faith is an order, not a request"  James said

James left his quarters.

Dear Crewmember,

Sincerely,

Ada

[Admiral's Quarters]

Kirok was in his quarters having lunch.  A small plate of sushi sat in front of him.  Vulcan tea seeped beside an empty cup.

He had just rolled to the table when his padd rang.  Luckily his wheel chair had holder the padd.  He picked it up and read the message.

Sadly he has in no condition to participate in such activities.  So, he simply typed back 'Ada, thank you for the invitation.  But sadly I must decline.  Respectfully, Kirok.'

With that done, he replace his padd in it's holder.  Then he pored some hot tea in the empty cut.  Finally he picked up his chop sticks.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

William Waring

Quote from: James A. Hawke on July 03, 2017, 12:06:56 PM

[Outside Holodeck 1]

James walked the hallway as Ada handed him a Padd with several duty reports.  Without looking at it twice Hawke signed his name and continued.

Ada interrupted him and suggested "Captain, it would be wise for you to at least look at the reports before approving it"

James shook his head slightly and responded "I trust you, plus y'know how much I hate those reports...what's the ETA before we are cleared by Deep Space 5 to go into space again?"

Ada responded "A week at the most"

James then "Y'know how much I hate not doing anything"

Ada then smiled and responded "Captain, if you are bored there are other administrative duties for you to attend"

James ignored her last statement as he walked in front of the Holodeck.

He observed that Tam, Ser, Will, and Ardy were already present.  He smiled as he looked at them and their garments.  They have all dressed appropriately.  James walked with his trench coat and hat and explained "Will, Ser, Tam, and Ardy...thank you for being here"

James then explained "For the next day or so, we will be working together solving a mystery.  As you are well aware Deep Space 5 is currently fixing our recent LCAR's problems so there is not much we can do on the ship.  Ada recommended to engage in this exercise, we will be working together as a team.  That means a true team, while this simulation happens I am no longer Captain...I am just James.  We are working on individuals...any questions?"  James asked

He then looked at Ada and asked: "Why aren't you wearing something appropriate?"

Ada responded "One second"

She appeared wearing a black and gold dress.  James then shook his head as he could not believe how easy it was for her to change clothes.

[Victorian England]

"I do say, it is a lovely time of year" he said as he produced a pipe from his jacket and lit it "The Hood was lucky to receive this treatment and not sent out on a blasted patrol again. Who sends a bloody battleship out on patrol anyway?" Will took a puff from the pipe "Is that too much? Should I tone down my speech impersonation?"

RESERVED

K-5

[Crewmen's Quarters]

K-5 was working on a letter home, to whom, she didn't exactly home. Others in the crew had recommended she try it out as a way to connect to a more human side. It wasn't going well. She felt she sounded cold and calculating. She was almost relieved when the blinking of a message popped up.

Dear Crewmember,

Sincerely,

Ada

K-5 felt confused, but went to her replicator anyway and selected from her memory banks an outfit from the era. She pressed in commands rather than trying to verbally communicate her ideal selection, and within seconds had her outfit.

She changed, having no problem with the corset as her programming and stature had her standing properly anyways. She did however hate the underclothes from the era. She went to the holodeck and entered after a few others. When she stepped in, she was in... what was it? Awe? Wonder? Amazement? None of these words fit her feelings when she saw the hologram's programming. London. There were streets and stores filled with people and clothes and china, items that were sought after in the era were being sold from the front windows of shoppes and children ran around, dodging carridges and horses as they went. It felt like magic.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: William Waring on July 03, 2017, 04:56:34 PM

[Victorian England]

"I do say, it is a lovely time of year" he said as he produced a pipe from his jacket and lit it "The Hood was lucky to receive this treatment and not sent out on a blasted patrol again. Who sends a bloody battleship out on patrol anyway?" Will took a puff from the pipe "Is that too much? Should I tone down my speech impersonation?"

[Victorian England]

As she wandered through the brisk English morning, Ardyn couldn't help but burst into laughter at Will's terrible accent. " My friend, I'm not sure what accent you're speaking in, but I'm pretty sure it's not that." She said, elbowing the Ops officer playfully. "Don't worry, I can't do accents either. " A well-dressed  older gentleman came up to them " Ah, my good friends, I hope you've traveled well. We wanted to notify you earlier, but Doctor Drury has requested your presence at his manor this afternoon."

Alt of Kinley Garrison

Fala Awen

[Holodeck 1, Victorian England]

Caelene stepped inside with the others, pausing just inside to take in the scene before her. The streets were crowded with people and carriages making their way through the center of London. From what she could gather, it seemed to be either late morning or early afternoon. Luckily it seemed to be autumn, so the various layers of her Victorian clothing weren't overheating her, at least not yet.

Some of the crew really seemed to be getting into the spirit of their little adventure. Everyone was dressed appropriately, of course, but some were also doing their best to imitate accents as well. Caelene wasn't sure she would be able to pull off an accent, but at times she found that she could naturally slip into an imitation of one if she heard it enough. Perhaps that would be the case here.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on July 04, 2017, 12:42:21 AM

A well-dressed older gentleman came up to them " Ah, my good friends, I hope you've traveled well. We wanted to notify you earlier, but Doctor Drury has requested your presence at his manor this afternoon."

The Trill's attention turned from the bustle of the city to the older man who had addressed them. She had to assume that this invitation from Doctor Drury (NPC) was part of the mystery that James had mentioned. Doing her best to imitate a London accent, Caelene asked, "If I may, sir, what time is the doctor expecting us? And where is the good doctor's residence?"

The older man turned toward her and replied, "Your presence is requested at five o'clock for afternoon tea, followed by dinner at eight o'clock, miss. Doctor Drury is currently residing in Dorchester House on Park Lane, which is across the city. The doctor was planning to send carriages for you at half past four, unless you would prefer to walk."

Offering the gentleman a small smile of gratitude, Caelene turned towards the others to see if they would prefer carriages or walking. If they were going to be picked up at 1630 hours, they still had at least a couple of hours to do some exploring. She found herself rather excited at the idea of both exploring the city and having proper tea and dinner at a mansion, though she also wondered exactly who Doctor Drury was.

OFF: Tag any

Kirok

Dear Crewmember,

Sincerely,

Ada

[Gym]

EQ was lifting weights when the invitation came in.  It was something he did in his spare time.  But he was not over obsessed with it.

Still, his arms had started to take on some definition again.  His biceps and triceps had started to bulge.  Just another way he was focused on his self after his time with the BORG.

EQ finished his last curl then put the weights back on their rack.  =/\=I'll be there shortly, Ada.  EQ out=/\= he said after tapping his combadge.  Then he headed for the shower to get cleaned up.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

William Waring

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on July 04, 2017, 12:42:21 AM

[Victorian England]

As she wandered through the brisk English morning, Ardyn couldn't help but burst into laughter at Will's terrible accent. " My friend, I'm not sure what accent you're speaking in, but I'm pretty sure it's not that." She said, elbowing the Ops officer playfully. "Don't worry, I can't do accents either. " A well-dressed  older gentleman came up to them " Ah, my good friends, I hope you've traveled well. We wanted to notify you earlier, but Doctor Drury has requested your presence at his manor this afternoon."

[England]

"I figure it was worth a go" he said smiling at his own terrible accent "It seems having ancestors from England doesn't confer the ability to have the accent." He said before the man came up to them.

Once the man had finished Will looked around the nearby area "We still have time to take it all in. It's so authentic, I love it!"

RESERVED

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.