Discovery Awards Ceremony - December 2016 (Part 1)

Started by Kirok, December 09, 2016, 11:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Discovery Crew,

It is a my great honor to be part of this awards ceremony this time around.

For those of you who do not know, several years ago I was that Captain of this fine ship.

And it was just recently that I found my way back to her, the flag ship our our fine fleet.

And I'm having a great time getting to know each of you as we complete missions together.  The next 4.5 missions should be full of adventure and maybe even a few surprises.  And I hope fun for each and every one of you!!!

But at the moment, it is time to give out a few awards!  The first of which is the Crew Choice Award.  The polls have closed and by popular vote we have a clear winner!

As such, I am happy to give the December 2017 Crew Choice Award to our very own Kali Reyes!!!

Kali is such a great asset to our SIMM and I am so very happy to see that the rest of you recognize her as such!

Congrats Kali Reyes!!!

And without further ado, the woman of the year is here to present the December 2017 Service Ribbon Awards!

Take it away, Kali.

Respectfully,

Kirok

PS - This thread is open for all to comment on.  So please fell free to jump in with congratulation and the like as you see fit!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kali Reyes

Thank you, Kirok for everything! And thank you to every blasted one one of you on this ship! I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the lot of you to put up with me!

The Discovery ship and its crew are the best of its kind. And I say that truly. I've never seen a more diverse cast of characters and strong storytelling from each player. These awards are more than just canonically for your character - it's for YOU and the amazing contributions you have done so far!

So with that mushy stuff out of the way, let's get the awards going, yes?!

Service Awards

Awarded to the longest lasting players who have been with the fleet for 5+ years, I'm happy to announce the Five Year Service Ribbon to:

Steve Marshall

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet up to 3 years, I'm happy to announce the Three Year Service Ribbon to:

Kyan Mackenzie

Awarded to players who have been with the fleet in the last 6 months, I'm happy to announce the Six Month Service Ribbon to:

Kachina Filitov
Kali Reyes
Kintiss
Klabax Cottle
Leela Kaz
Lennox Ainsley

Sometimes learning rules, guidelines, and the lore of such a gigantic fandom can be difficult. For those who have successfully completed their OTC/EPC scenarios in the Academy are hereby awarded the OTC/EPC Award to the following graduates:

Kachina Filitov
Kali Reyes
Kintiss
Kirok
Klabax Cottle
Kyan Mackenzie
Leela Kaz
Tekin Nevir
Steve Marshall

And last, but not least on my list, are for those who have been successfully promoted to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. The Meritorious Service Ribbon is awarded to:

Kali Reyes
Tekin Nevir

We've got another round to go so keep an eye on your esteemed XO Tekin Nevir for the posting ability awards! Congrats so far everyone! I'm very VERY proud of you!

- Kali

Kirok

Congrats to all the award winners!

Your awards have already been distributed ;-)

And there are bunches more to come!!!!

Kinley Garrison

Klabax Cottle

Congrats to Everyone- Let's keep it up! You're all a great lot to play with.

-The grumpy doctor

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Lennox Ainsley

Congratulations to everyone who got an award! It's an honour to be among great company :)

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Tekin Nevir

Thank you, again, to both Kali and Kirok.  Is it I, Tekin Nevir, to offer you the next part of our awards ceremony.

These following awards are less standard formality, and more of recognition for the players themselves.  Included are categories that the Command Staff looked amongst the ship for player who stood out above the rest.  This is by no means a testament of how well you are doing on the ship, there is nothing that says you can't be here for one of these at a future date.

As a note, I am proud to serve on a ship such as these, and every one of you are a treasure to RP with.  I hope for many more as we progress, remember, this is the main cast of our own series.

Without further ado:

Posting Excellence Award
This award is given to the all around best poster on the SIMM.  This does not mean the best player, the most popular, the most posts, etc.  But it does mean that when they do post, each one has a high quality, is always engaging, and shows demonstration and commitment to the character.

And the award goes to: Kachina Filitov

Descriptive Combat Award
As the name suggests, this award goes to the person with the best combat posts, and descriptions.  When you read it, you can see the action fluidly without confusion, and it makes for a nice mental vision.  Now we haven't had a lot of combat in the recent missions, however there are other boards where one could post combat, and in this case, this person showed himself in the Mirror Universe.

The award goes to: Kyan Mackinzie

Most Improved Player Award
Everyone has to start somewhere, and rarely will you find a player new to the site jumps in with Shakespeare.  A good character is one who grows, and likewise, a good player does the same.  This award recognizes a distinct progress in posting from their first post until now.  This time, we have two winners, both in our security division.

The awards go to: Steve Marshall and Lennox Ainsley

Technical Precision Award
Star Trek is nothing without its signature techno-babble, taking from both fantasy and real scientific understanding.  Anyone can play an officer on the ship, but for those who take on the roles of experts, such as science, medical, and engineering, the role can get much harder.  This award is given to those who express understanding and mastery of their technical role, with posts that give explanations or details into the least understood portions of Star Trek.  We might not be warp theorists or brain surgeons, but our posts certainly make it seem that way.

The award goes to two players: Leela Kaz and Tekin Nevir

Best Duo Award
The crew is there for a reason; one cannot run a ship by themselves.  This award conveys that spirit by recognizing pairs who perform perfect chemistry and teamwork in their posts.  They don't have to be in a relationship, but when they are together, you know it.

The award goes to: Kali Reyes and Mahak

Best Newcomer Award
There are those who remain in the background as they get comfortable with the other players, and then there are those who jump in from the deep end and stand out.  This award recognizes those who have already made an impression on the crew.

The award goes to: Jettis Jyur and Kinley Garrison

Most Engaging Player Award
This award is recognition to those who go out of their way to make players feel welcome.  They are not afraid to have their character jump in and call them for something, and they are there to make sure that everyone is engaged.

The award goes to: Kali Reyes and Kintiss

Rib Tickler Award
As the name suggest, this award goes to the player who tends to bring a smile on our face.  Whether because this person is a clown like Tom Paris, or unintentionally hilarious like Worf, this person makes the most entertaining posts.  In this case, the grumpy old codger has kept us chuckling at his posts.

The award goes to: Klabax Cottle

Executive Officer's Personal Merit
Finally, this is my personal award.  My own recognition for good times, good posts, and good stories.  Every XO's criteria is different, but it is my distinct pleasure to select someone I've been RPing with for a long time so far.  A character who has had things thrown at her and still remained strong, and a good friend OOC as well.

My personal merit goes to: Kali Reyes

And now finally, I pass the torch back to our Captain, Admiral Kirok, for the last set of awards.

Kinley Garrison

Congrats everyone! You guys are the coolest crew to hang with.

Kirok

Congratulations to everyone!

I have distributed your awards.

They should show up the next time you post!

Kyan Mackenzie

So... I am just now seeing this thread, after wondering where all these awards were coming from. I have ADHD... and it's finals time. And my kids are wild animals. So.. yes.

CONGRATS TO ALL! This is the best crew that I've been with on Shadow Fleet, and I absolutely LOVE the diversity here. You people are the best grups ever!

Kirok

Team,

So, it almost time to give out the last awards for this Discovery Award Ceremony.  As I mentioned before, I am so very happy to get the opportunity to game with you all again and to be CO of the Discovery.  This last group of awards are going out to people who have worked particularly hard to get them.

So they are going out to people who I recognize as leaders in one form or another.  Leaders in posting, leaders in helping people acclimated to our site/SIMM, and leaders in contributing to to running of this group and missions.  And I'm so very grateful to each of them for their individual contributions.

So without further ado, here are the awards!

Captain's Personal Merit Award
This year there were two people who literally kept this SIMM going.  Without them, the Discovery would have closed four months ago.

So, the clear winners are:  Kyle Briggs & Tekin Nevir!

Fleet Service Ribbon
This award is given out to the character who guest stars on another SIMMs.  This year there was that I know of.

As such, the winner is:  John Norton.

Outstanding Commitment Award
This award is given out the the person who consistently shows a high level of posting.  As well as a consistency in posting.  And can always be counted on to move the mission along.

The award goes to:  Kachina Filitov!

Contribution Award
This award is given to the one person who contributes both in and outside of missions.  And specifically helps new players to settle in.  Our holodeck boards is alive and thriving.

As such, the clear winner is:  Kali Reyes.

Outstanding Contribution Award
This award is given to the person who goes over and above in regard to contributing to the success of the SIMM.  A few months back, the Discovery was in dander of fading into nothingness.  One guy stepped up and helped to see her thought the storm.

The guy goes by the name Tekin Nevir!

Congratulation to each and every one of you!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Kyle Briggs

Congrats to all of you. You're an amazing crew. I miss you very much and can't wait to return.

John Norton

Congrats to everyone who got awards. I myself usually don't get awards much anymore. Or ever so this must be the first reward I've gotten on any of my characters in a few years.

Shadow Fleet Covert Intelligence

Primary Account: Chris Newberry, Starfleet CnC
Secondary Account: John Norton, Delphia A Tertiary Account:  Justin Conwell, Delphia A Axuillary Account: Chris Truffles, Merc for Hire!

Steve Marshall

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.