S1E3 United We Stand

Started by Dylan Torngate, June 30, 2017, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jettis Jyur

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on July 08, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

Dylan nodded at Jettis. The man's idea was unorthodox, but sound. A flotilla of shuttles to go where the ship could not. Dylan liked it, and hopefully things would go well enough. "Very well. Report to the shuttlebay- take the 8's and 9's. I'll send down a crew, take them to the Cardassians." he said, referring to the shuttles Scobee, Smith, McNair, Jarvis, Resnik, and McAuliffe. Together the ships were a rather formidable force, but not the same as the ship. It wasn't much but they'd have to do.

=/\=Ensign Lek, Lieutenants Reede and Vaughan, report to the shuttlebay- armed away team, complete medical gear.=/\=

He turned to Sevoc, who was on the bridge. "Report to the Away Team. Try and find out what the Cardassians are doing here?"

He looked once more at Jettis. "We won't be there to support you, at the first sign of trouble bug out of there. Good Hunting," he said, as he turned to the chair and sat down.

"Helm, set course for the second distress call. As soon as the away team has departed, engage, all possible speed." he said, as he frowned. He didn't like sending out the shuttles into this kind of unknown, but as everyone here knew, this was some of the danger of the job.

Dylan opened a commslink to the whole ship, his voice echoing through the speakers all over the Challenger.

=/\= Attention All Hands... Battle Stations.=/\=

[Bridge]

Jettis nodded in understanding as Dylan spoke. "Aye sir." Waiting to see if he had anything else to say, he nodded at Torngate's send-off. Moving to the Turbolift, he waited to see if Sevoc was ready to accompany him, before departing from the bridge.

[Shuttlebay]

Arriving in the shuttlebay after collecting a phaser, Jettis swiftly picked out the proper shuttles for the task at hand. Warp six would be able to get them there quickly enough, hopefully in time to be of any use.
Clasping his hands behind his back, he waited for the remaining parts of the away team to arrive.

Kirok

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on July 08, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

"Helm, set course for the second distress call. As soon as the away team has departed, engage, all possible speed." he said, as he frowned. He didn't like sending out the shuttles into this kind of unknown, but as everyone here knew, this was some of the danger of the job.

Dylan opened a commslink to the whole ship, his voice echoing through the speakers all over the Challenger.

=/\= Attention All Hands... Battle Stations.=/\=

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" Zex replied.  She loaded the coordinates into her system.  Then set course as instructed.

She kept her hands on the duty station in anticipation of jumping to top speed.  But this would wait until the Away Team had departed.  And not a second sooner.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Martin Jackson

[Bridge]

Martin considered the situation for a moment, and then faced Mr Wu.  "Sir, may I request to be transferred to the away team for this mission?  I feel I wouldn't do much good here."  He figured the answer would be 'no,' but he had to ask anyways.  The away team had an engineering officer, but not any Operations personnel; they could probably use someone expendable more than the Challenger could, but he didn't want to phrase it that way to his CO.

LK Reede

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on July 09, 2017, 06:51:47 AM

Sickbay

=/\=Vaughan to Reede. I have your medical kit. Please meet me in the Armoury to draw our phasers.=/\=

[Personal quarters]

=/\= Acknowledged, doctor. On my way. =/\=

Lt Reede had gone from having a nice conversation (which was interrupted) with Cmdr. Jyur to fast-walking to her quarters. In between, she'd been unsettled by a red alert, clanging klaxons, and finally an order to report to the shuttle bay. But first, she'd be meeting the CMO in the armory. LK thanked the stars Dr. Vaughn was so organized.

Hurrying into her quarters, barely waiting for the doors to slide open, LK rushed to the small drawer under the bed, pulled it open and grabbed her dagger. She slid it into the sheath inside her boot, looked around quickly but didn't spot anything else she'd need, then rushed out the door.

[Armory]

"Doctor." LK nodded a greeting stepping inside the weapons room. She took the med kit, checked to see what supplies would be needed and hooked it her waist. "Shall we head for the shuttles? By the way, do you know which shuttle we're taking?"

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: LK Reede on July 09, 2017, 07:26:42 PM

[Personal quarters]

=/\= Acknowledged, doctor. On my way. =/\=

Lt Reede had gone from having a nice conversation (which was interrupted) with Cmdr. Jyur to fast-walking to her quarters. In between, she'd been unsettled by a red alert, clanging klaxons, and finally an order to report to the shuttle bay. But first, she'd be meeting the CMO in the armory. LK thanked the stars Dr. Vaughn was so organized.

Hurrying into her quarters, barely waiting for the doors to slide open, LK rushed to the small drawer under the bed, pulled it open and grabbed her dagger. She slid it into the sheath inside her boot, looked around quickly but didn't spot anything else she'd need, then rushed out the door.

[Armory]

"Doctor." LK nodded a greeting stepping inside the weapons room. She took the med kit, checked to see what supplies would be needed and hooked it her waist. "Shall we head for the shuttles? By the way, do you know which shuttle we're taking?"

Armoury

Lizzie gave Reede a nod as she entered, handing over the medical Kit and phaser.

"I'm not sure, probably either the Type 8 or the Type 9's. More likely both as it is a large away mission. I'm rated on all of them so it doesn't matter to me. Let's go and find out."

Once Reede had fastened both to her waist, Lizzie led the way to the Turbolift and down to the shuttle bay.

Shuttle Bay

Lizzie led the way into the shuttle bay and saw Jyur standing to one side. She went straight up to him.

"Dr Vaughan and Lieutenant Reede reporting as ordered Commander. Will I be required to pilot one of the shuttles?" She asked.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Martin Jackson on July 09, 2017, 04:59:24 PM

[Bridge]

Martin considered the situation for a moment, and then faced Mr Wu.  "Sir, may I request to be transferred to the away team for this mission?  I feel I wouldn't do much good here."  He figured the answer would be 'no,' but he had to ask anyways.  The away team had an engineering officer, but not any Operations personnel; they could probably use someone expendable more than the Challenger could, but he didn't want to phrase it that way to his CO.

[Bridge]

"Carry on, Mr.Jackson." Alex replied, nodding at the crewman. He wanted to go himself, but only the Captain could order that. Instead, he remained standing next to Kaz's. From what he had gathered, there was two distress signals at the same time, something that added to the surreal moment. "Kaz, keep a sensor lock on Commander Jyur's group of shuttles."

Alex took Jackson's recently vacated station and set it in a familiar layout. He considered taking over at the helm and replacing the inexperienced medical officer, but reckoned it would be more useful coordinating a rescue op. "Transporter rooms report ready, Captain. I advise preparing the crew lounge and cargo bays for potential evacuees."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Lek

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on July 09, 2017, 07:32:54 PM

Shuttle Bay

Lizzie led the way into the shuttle bay and saw Jyur standing to one side. She went straight up to him.

"Dr Vaughan and Lieutenant Reede reporting as ordered Commander. Will I be required to pilot one of the shuttles?" She asked.

[Shuttlebay]

Lek paced nervously as he waited for orders and tried to hide the fact that he'd never been on an armed mission before. As he paced, he couldn't change his inherent nature as a Ferengi and he began to admire the two females that had joined him in the shuttebay.

"I wonder if either of them have ever tried oomox? I would imagine those fine physician fingers woud make them a natural at doing so. Which one to choose? Which one to choose?"

He pondered with a wicked grin as his mind drifted and his thoughts quickly became completely unprofessional and inappropriate.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Martin Jackson

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 09, 2017, 11:16:41 PM

[Bridge]

"Carry on, Mr.Jackson." Alex replied, nodding at the crewman.

[Bridge]

Jackson nodded and headed off.  First, he would need to go to the armory for a phaser.  Second, to the shuttle bay.  The incident with his nose from earlier completely left the young crewman's mind.

When Martin finally arrived in the bay, he found Doctor Vaughn, Mr Jyur, Mrs Reede, and Lek already there.  "Reporting in," he said with an anxious nod towards Mr Jyur.  "Anything you'd like me to do, sir?"

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Lek on July 09, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

[Shuttlebay]

Lek paced nervously as he waited for orders and tried to hide the fact that he'd never been on an armed mission before. As he paced, he couldn't change his inherent nature as a Ferengi and he began to admire the two females that had joined him in the shuttebay.

"I wonder if either of them have ever tried oomox? I would imagine those fine physician fingers woud make them a natural at doing so. Which one to choose? Which one to choose?"

He pondered with a wicked grin as his mind drifted and his thoughts quickly became completely unprofessional and inappropriate.

Shuttlebay

As she waited for Jyur to reply, she looked out of the corner of her eye at Lek. The Ferengi engineer was pacing back and forward while glancing surreptitiously at both her and Reede.

'Typical!' She thought to herself. 'I hope he doesn't actually ask what is obviously going around in his brain!'

Quote from: Martin Jackson on July 10, 2017, 12:25:01 AM

[Bridge]

Jackson nodded and headed off.  First, he would need to go to the armory for a phaser.  Second, to the shuttle bay.  The incident with his nose from earlier completely left the young crewman's mind.

When Martin finally arrived in the bay, he found Doctor Vaughn, Mr Jyur, Mrs Reede, and Lek already there.  "Reporting in," he said with an anxious nod towards Mr Jyur.  "Anything you'd like me to do, sir?"

As the new crewman she had just treated entered, she gave him a nod while waiting to Jyur. 

In Memorium.

Lek

[Shuttlebay]

Lek was oblivious to any thoughts the females might have of him and to allay his own nervousness, decided to join the others gathering for the mission. He figured he was still relatively new to the crew and hadn't worked with any of the other departments, which resulted in him not actually having any friends on the Challenger. He approached the others and put on his best smile, which unfortunately, failed miserably at projecting friendliness or confidence, but in fact, only tended to heighten the stereotype of obsequious deviousness that most other species of the Alpha Quadrant had of Ferengi.

"Well, it seems we shall all be getting to work together in very close quarters soon. I suppose now is a time for introductions. I am Lek of the engineering department. A pleasure to meet all of you."

Alt of Ian Galloway

Jettis Jyur

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on July 09, 2017, 07:32:54 PM

Quote from: Lek on July 09, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

Quote from: Martin Jackson on July 10, 2017, 12:25:01 AM

[Shuttlebay]

The XO waited until most, if not all of his away team was present, before he would brief them on what their tasks were.
The firsts to arrive were two medical officers, one of which was the CMO.  She quickly took the initiative, and asked what she was to do before he had the opportunity to tell her.

He nodded in reply, "Yes. You and Miss Reede will be piloting one shuttlecraft-" He paused when a crewman walked in to the shuttlebay, looking nervous. He refrained from raising a brow, only assuming that Dylan had ordered him to join the Away team because he would be of more use there.
"One moment," he commented to Lizzie, looking around to see that everyone had arrived. Confirming that they had, Jettis moved to be more visible, before speaking up.

"Crew, we're going to be taking three shuttles to answer the distress signal we've received from a Cardassian science vessel. We'll be going in twos, so Lieutenant Vaughan, Lieutenant Reede, I'd like you two to take the shuttle Resnik. Ensign Lek, Crewman Martin, I'd like you to take the shuttle Mcnair and lead - first and foremost they're going to need technical assistance. Sevoc and myself will follow in the Scobee."
He paused to allow them to all remember their roles, before continuing. "You all know your jobs - Vaughn and Reede, you're to check for and assist any injured. Lek, Martin, you go down to their engineering and find a way to fix their engines, or at least postpone the malfunction from breaching the warp core until we can think of something. Sevoc and I will be working with the crew, to see if we can get any further information about the malfunction."

"The coordinates should already be sent to the shuttles, we've little time to waste. Any questions?" With that, he waited for everyone to move to their respective shuttles, or if there would indeed be any questions.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on July 10, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

[Shuttlebay]

The XO waited until most, if not all of his away team was present, before he would brief them on what their tasks were.
The firsts to arrive were two medical officers, one of which was the CMO.  She quickly took the initiative, and asked what she was to do before he had the opportunity to tell her.

He nodded in reply, "Yes. You and Miss Reede will be piloting one shuttlecraft-" He paused when a crewman walked in to the shuttlebay, looking nervous. He refrained from raising a brow, only assuming that Dylan had ordered him to join the Away team because he would be of more use there.
"One moment," he commented to Lizzie, looking around to see that everyone had arrived. Confirming that they had, Jettis moved to be more visible, before speaking up.

"Crew, we're going to be taking three shuttles to answer the distress signal we've received from a Cardassian science vessel. We'll be going in twos, so Lieutenant Vaughan, Lieutenant Reede, I'd like you two to take the shuttle Resnik. Ensign Lek, Crewman Martin, I'd like you to take the shuttle Mcnair and lead - first and foremost they're going to need technical assistance. Sevoc and myself will follow in the Scobee."
He paused to allow them to all remember their roles, before continuing. "You all know your jobs - Vaughn and Reede, you're to check for and assist any injured. Lek, Martin, you go down to their engineering and find a way to fix their engines, or at least postpone the malfunction from breaching the warp core until we can think of something. Sevoc and I will be working with the crew, to see if we can get any further information about the malfunction."

"The coordinates should already be sent to the shuttles, we've little time to waste. Any questions?" With that, he waited for everyone to move to their respective shuttles, or if there would indeed be any questions.

Shuttlebay

Lizzie nodded, slightly disappointed that she was taking a Type 8 rather than a Type 9 as she preferred the handling of the more nimble Type 9's. Still she expected Jyur had his reasons.

"Aye Commander." She replied before gesturing to Reede and making her way over the Resnik.

She boarded the shuttle and, securing her medical supplies in the aft compartment, she sat in the pilot's chair and began the power-up sequence. She soon confirmed that the co-ordinates had been received and sealed the rear hatch before opening a channel.

=/\=Vaughan to Jyur. We're all ready to depart Commander. Should we wait and travel together or should I depart now as my shuttle cannot keep up with yours?=/\=

In Memorium.

Lek

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on July 10, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

[Shuttlebay]

[Shuttlebay]

Lek's eyes widened as he heard the First Officer assign him to be the lead shuttle and beamed with pride as he responded.

"Aye Sir! Thank you for the opportunity Sir!"

Lek motioned to the crewman and boarded the type-9 shuttle and began the start up sequence. As the shuttle warmed up, he took several deep breaths as he tried not to think about the highly suspicious concept of a 'Cardassian Science Vessel'.

""The Blessed Exchequer only knows what they are up to, but I now see why we are armed."

Lek spoke to crewman Martin in what he hoped was a steady voice.

"Keep your ears open crewman. Cardassians are a sneaky bunch, be prepared to use that phaser as they might not what us to be able to report on what they are realy doing out here."

Once the McNair was ready, Lek activated the comm.

=/\= "Shuttlecraft McNair ready for departure." =/\=

Alt of Ian Galloway

Leela Kaz

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 08, 2017, 07:45:50 AM

[Bridge]

Frowning, Alex glanced down at the Conn, considering the genuineness of such a distress message. The Cardassians weren't exactly known for their science triumphs, and there was ample precedence from previous encounters to doubt their sincerity. On the other hand, ever since the Dominion War, the Cardies had never truly recovered either territory or military-wise. There was also little love lost between the Dominion and their former ally-turned-enemy, the sort of mutual hatred brought on by one side who tried to commit genocide and the other side who lost them their war.

"More likely it's a spy ship keeping an eye on the developing changes in this sector, possibly waiting for the perfect moment to send their own envoy to the planet." He postulated, his eyes flickering down to Kaz's display. "Still, we're not at war and even Challenger can hold her own against a Galor. Why aren't we moving yet?"

"As you were Jackson. Take the secondary Ops console and listen in." Alex nodded towards a vacant station closer to the rear of the bridge. Jackson was new and needed the experience of working under pressure, something he could observe from the bridge crew.

[Bridge]

Leela leaned over towards the comm station and spoke softly to Commander Wu. "I guess we'll know soon enough, Commander. But i have a feeling that you're right." She sat back up in her seat as she noticed the newest transfer taking his station on the bridge. With so much going on she didnt quite have time for a formal introduction but she knew she would be able to sit down with him with this all was over.

"Welcome to the bridge, Mr. Jackson. Can you please transfer power to the shields. This old ship needs some reinforcement." She said with a slight chuckle.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Kirok

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 09, 2017, 11:16:41 PM

[Bridge]

"Carry on, Mr.Jackson." Alex replied, nodding at the crewman. He wanted to go himself, but only the Captain could order that. Instead, he remained standing next to Kaz's. From what he had gathered, there was two distress signals at the same time, something that added to the surreal moment. "Kaz, keep a sensor lock on Commander Jyur's group of shuttles."

Alex took Jackson's recently vacated station and set it in a familiar layout. He considered taking over at the helm and replacing the inexperienced medical officer, but reckoned it would be more useful coordinating a rescue op. "Transporter rooms report ready, Captain. I advise preparing the crew lounge and cargo bays for potential evacuees."

[Bridge]

Zex nodded in agreement.  It really was not her place to do so.  But Wu did have a good idea.

"The Away Team has yet to depart, Sir" the Deltan called out.  They had started to make way toward their destination.  But would get there quicker once the Away Team departed.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.