S1E3 United We Stand

Started by Dylan Torngate, June 30, 2017, 01:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lek

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on July 17, 2017, 12:32:32 PM

[Cardassian 'Science' Ship]

After a long wait of silence on the Cardassian's end, the channel finally came to life with a spark and burst of static.

=/\= "-Tain Zubet of the Gul Vanar to Shuttle Resnik! We apologize for the technical difficulties, our systems are failing! Our warp core is near to breach and we require assistance! Transporters are prepared to receive you." =/\=

With that, the communication cut out, leaving the decision to the three shuttles, who at this point had all arrived at the co-ordinates.

A moment later, the Scobee opened a channel to the other two ships, and the Commander's voice came through the line.

=/\="Jyur here, I'll be the first to beam over and make sure everything is in order. Once I have the rest of you are clear to board as well. Jyur out."=/\=

=/\= "Challenger to Away Team, we've been engaged. We won't be able to support you... Watch your back." =/\=

Lek hissed and bared his teeth as he heard of the attack on the Challenger. "Jem Hadar and Cardassaians in league again! This rescue stinks in every way imaginable. I do not like this at all. Computer. Maintain continuous comm and biological lock on myself and crewman Jackson. If comm signal is lost or weapons fire is detected, initiate immediate retrieval and raise shields."

=/\= "Acknowledged. =/\= The computer replied.

Lek shouldered his tool kit and faced Jackson with a grim expression.

"I hope you are ready as it is go time."

He rechecked his phaser and spoke in what he hoped was a firm and authoritative voice.

"Computer.. Initiate transport within five meters of Away Team."

=/\= "Acknowledged." =/\=

Lek steeled himself during the transport and placed his hand on the grip of his phaser blocked from view by his tool kit for a quick draw should it be needed.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Leela Kaz

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on July 17, 2017, 04:24:36 PM

[Bridge]

As the two ships, one Federation and one Jem'Haddar stood off, the Challenger received a hail from the lead ships, audio only. But even without voice, it was clear who, or rather what species, was speaking. It was a Jem'Haddar soldier.

=/\= I am First Malika'tiz of the Dominon. You are interfering in matters of Dominion security. Make peace with your gods, for they shall see you soon.=/\= he said, before the channel was severed and the bug-ships began to fire, using the disabled ship as a shield.

"Tactical, Open Fire. Helm, get us around that ship..." Dylan ordered, as he himself looked at a panel near him. Somehow, the shields were being burnt out very quickly, for Dominion weapons.

"Find me a way to get that crew and cargo out of the firing line." he said, as the ship shook from two polaron blasts.

=/\= Challenger to Away Team, we've been engaged. We won't be able to support you... watch your back.=/\=

[Bridge]

"Rerouting tactical through operaations, sir." Leela said as she executed the commands to assume the tactical operations at her operations. All of the controls came back to her like she had never stepped away from the bridge of a Constitution class vessel. "Firing sir." There was something about taking control of tactical which increased the formality on the bridge. She coouldnt help but wonder if it had something to do with potential death and destruction. "Direct hit sir, but negligible damage." She looked back to the captain. "I might be able to pack a bigger punch if i tie the phasers into the main deflectors. But the recharge time will be incredibly long however, we have torpedoes too." Leela suggested.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Martin Jackson

Quote from: Lek on July 17, 2017, 07:37:23 PM

=/\= "Challenger to Away Team, we've been engaged. We won't be able to support you... Watch your back." =/\=

Lek hissed and bared his teeth as he heard of the attack on the Challenger. "Jem Hadar and Cardassaians in league again! This rescue stinks in every way imaginable. I do not like this at all. Computer. Maintain continuous comm and biological lock on myself and crewman Jackson. If comm signal is lost or weapons fire is detected, initiate immediate retrieval and raise shields."

=/\= "Acknowledged. =/\= The computer replied.

Lek shouldered his tool kit and faced Jackson with a grim expression.

"I hope you are ready as it is go time."

He rechecked his phaser and spoke in what he hoped was a firm and authoritative voice.

"Computer.. Initiate transport within five meters of Away Team."

Lek steeled himself during the transport and placed his hand on the grip of his phaser blocked from view by his tool kit for a quick draw should it be needed.

[McNair]

Jackson could only nod and ready himself for teleportation.  He never cared much for the feeling, but he had managed to get used it.  The smile that was almost permanently on his face now required a bit of effort to maintain, but he managed; he wanted to make a good impression on the off chance that he wasn't teleporting to his immediate death.

Rhymus Cleroux

[Bridge]

Rhymus quickly exited the turbolift, making a beeline for the Tactical console as the Challenger shuddered under sustained fire. It was one hell of a way to start a career, to say the least. The Crewman had never thought he'd see the Bridge this early in his life. But his skills, however minor they may be at the time, were needed here. 'Greatness is never given,' He thought. 'but thrust upon us at the most inopportune time.' He smirked as he looked over the readouts.

"I apologize for my tardiness, Captain. Taking over for Tactical now." He tacked away at the console, returning control of phasers and torpedos and to their primary interface and firing the fore phaser array. "Phasers are having minimal effect on the target, Sir. Forward Torpedo Bay Control is also awaiting instructions."

Kirok

[Bridge]

As the two ships, one Federation and one Jem'Haddar stood off, the Challenger received a hail from the lead ships, audio only. But even without voice, it was clear who, or rather what species, was speaking. It was a Jem'Haddar soldier.

=/\= I am First Malika'tiz of the Dominon. You are interfering in matters of Dominion security. Make peace with your gods, for they shall see you soon.=/\= he said, before the channel was severed and the bug-ships began to fire, using the disabled ship as a shield.

"Tactical, Open Fire. Helm, get us around that ship..." Dylan ordered, as he himself looked at a panel near him. Somehow, the shields were being burnt out very quickly, for Dominion weapons.

"Find me a way to get that crew and cargo out of the firing line." he said, as the ship shook from two polaron blasts.

=/\= Challenger to Away Team, we've been engaged. We won't be able to support you... watch your back.=/\=

[Bridge]

"Initiating evasive maneuvers" Zex called out.  She tapped a few commands into her station.  And the ship started to move.

First it descended sharply.  Almost as if falling from the sky.  Then the Deltan accelerated and brought the ship up at a sharp angled incline.

If if were not for the inertial dampeners, the crew would have felt like the floor had dropped out under neath them.  And if it were not for the gravitational system, they would hurtled back toward the wall.  But luckily the ship was built for such drastic changes.

"We have cleared the enemy ship" Zex called out.  She looked at her screen.  Looking for other ships.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jettis Jyur

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on July 17, 2017, 01:57:28 PM

Lizzie took a deep breath as the transporter sequence initiated. Seconds later they were standing in what looked like the transporter room of a Cardassian vessel. She immediately looked at Jyur to confirm all was well.

Quote from: Lek on July 17, 2017, 07:37:23 PM

Quote from: Martin Jackson on July 18, 2017, 12:55:39 AM

[McNair]

Jackson could only nod and ready himself for teleportation.  He never cared much for the feeling, but he had managed to get used it.  The smile that was almost permanently on his face now required a bit of effort to maintain, but he managed; he wanted to make a good impression on the off chance that he wasn't teleporting to his immediate death.

[Gul Vanar]

=/\="Acknowledged,"=/\= Jettis responded quickly to the message from the Challenger. Turning as he saw the first two arrive - the Medical team, he nodded to her, confirming that she hadn't just walked into a trap - at least, not yet. Either way, there was no turning back right now, not with the ship under attack and in just as much trouble.

As the rest of the away team materialized as well, he moved closer to them, deciding it was better to send them straight to work, than to try to clear the awkwardness of being aboard a Cardassian ship, who had clearly lied to their face. Time wasn't exactly something they had a lot of.
"Lieutenants, scanners are down, so how many injured there are is unclear. You'll have to work blind, and find what you can," he relayed to them, voice dropping slightly on the last sentence. Hopefully they had picked up his slight hint - if there were no people to be helped, then perhaps two Doctors would be the friendly face needed to find out exactly what was going on.

Turning to Jackson and Lek, he nodded to them. "You two know what to do - they need you in Engineering, immediately." As he spoke, a Cardassian stepped up to lead them towards Engineering, presumably another Engineer.

Lek

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on July 19, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

[Gul Vanar]

Turning to Jackson and Lek, he nodded to them. "You two know what to do - they need you in Engineering, immediately." As he spoke, a Cardassian stepped up to lead them towards Engineering, presumably another Engineer.

[Gul Vanar]

Lek looked skeptical, but replied simply.

"Aye Sir!"

The pair of engineers followed the Cardasian to their engine room and found complete chaos. Several members of the staff were shouting and rapidly inputting information at stations. The computer was reporting on the imminent warp core breech and it seemed like the Cardassians were completely overwhelmed.

Lek looked around to try to find out who was in charge and made his best guess as the one man that most of the others were shouting at the loudest. Striding over with as much authority he could summon, for someone a shade over 1.6 meters could muster, and announced in a loud voice.

"I am Ensign Lek of the USS Challenger. Either somebody tells me who is in charge here or I will assume that I am!"

Alt of Ian Galloway

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on July 19, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

[Gul Vanar]

=/\="Acknowledged,"=/\= Jettis responded quickly to the message from the Challenger. Turning as he saw the first two arrive - the Medical team, he nodded to her, confirming that she hadn't just walked into a trap - at least, not yet. Either way, there was no turning back right now, not with the ship under attack and in just as much trouble.

As the rest of the away team materialized as well, he moved closer to them, deciding it was better to send them straight to work, than to try to clear the awkwardness of being aboard a Cardassian ship, who had clearly lied to their face. Time wasn't exactly something they had a lot of.
"Lieutenants, scanners are down, so how many injured there are is unclear. You'll have to work blind, and find what you can," he relayed to them, voice dropping slightly on the last sentence. Hopefully they had picked up his slight hint - if there were no people to be helped, then perhaps two Doctors would be the friendly face needed to find out exactly what was going on.

Cardassian Vessel

Lizzie listened as Jyur gave his breakdown of what to do and she clearly caught his undertone that they should explore the ship, help who they could and find out what that can.

"Understood Commander. We'll head to the Bridge and check on the crew there. If anyone discovers wounded, call for us and try and stabilise them."

Motioning to Reede, she headed though the ship. It seemed almost deserted.

"I don't like this. A ship if this size should have a crew in the high hundreds at least, yet we haven't seen a soul except the one in the transporter room. Let's find a turbolift and get to the Bridge."

They soon found a turbolift and thanks to her remembering some basic Cardassian, she managed to the lift headed to the Bridge.

Cardassian Ship - Bridge

They stepped out onto the bridge and into chaos. There were maybe a dozen Cardassians lying around.

"Let's get them checked out." She ordered, heading to the one laying by the centre console.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Martin Jackson

[Engineering- Cardassian Ship]

Quote from: Lek on July 19, 2017, 06:24:36 PM

"I am Ensign Lek of the USS Challenger. Either somebody tells me who is in charge here or I will assume that I am!"

As Mr Lek made his statement, all Martin could think to do was stand looking supportive.  He figured if he rushed over to an information panel, he could likely end up shot for some reason or another.  Better not to risk it until they got permission to start the "helping" part of this helping mission.

Dylan Torngate

[Bridge]

Dylan turned to listen to the new arrival as another tetryon beam caressed the shields. "Fire at your discretion, Crewman. But I want those ships disabled, not destroyed. Keep the civilians out of harms way as well."

He wanted to board the ship and figure out why they'd done this, but more importantly, regrettably, the Jem'Haddar were alive, and Starfleet orders were clear on the preservation of all life, no matter the cost.

"Continue manuvers, keep us moving. No need to provide them with an easy shot." He said, hoping to also distract the warriors from their victim.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on July 19, 2017, 10:15:52 PM

Dylan turned to listen to the new arrival as another tetryon beam caressed the shields. "Fire at your discretion, Crewman. But I want those ships disabled, not destroyed. Keep the civilians out of harms way as well."

"Aye, Sir. Firing at will with the intent to disable." The crewman had his orders, direct from the Captain himself, and was intent on seeing them through. Now behind the lead Jem'Hadar vessel, Rhymus fired at will, doing his damnest with the aft array to pierce the shields of the enemy vessel and score hits to their engines and weapons subsystems.

"This is a hell of a lot different than the training sims..." He muttered to himself.

Leela Kaz

[Bridge]

He wanted to board the ship and figure out why they'd done this, but more importantly, regrettably, the Jem'Haddar were alive, and Starfleet orders were clear on the preservation of all life, no matter the cost.

"Continue manuvers, keep us moving. No need to provide them with an easy shot." He said, hoping to also distract the warriors from their victim.

[Bridge]

Leela quickly surrendered tactical controls back to the tactical station for the officer that had joined them on them on the bridge. "Im reinforcing the shields sir. We shoudl be able to hang in a bit longer." She said working quickly to strengthen the ships shields.

Quote from:  Rhymus Cleroux

"Aye, Sir. Firing at will with the intent to disable." The crewman had his orders, direct from the Captain himself, and was intent on seeing them through. Now behind the lead Jem'Hadar vessel, Rhymus fired at will, doing his damnest with the aft array to pierce the shields of the enemy vessel and score hits to their engines and weapons subsystems.

"This is a hell of a lot different than the training sims..." He muttered to himself.

Leela noted the soft statement from the tactical officer. "Your training probably wasnt on a constitution class. Let your target float and dont lock until you're ready to fire. The recharge time is longer too, so alternate between your phaser banks. Dont fire them simultaneously like you were trained." She said trying to impart a few words of wisdom on the young officer.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Leela Kaz on July 20, 2017, 12:53:41 AM

Leela noted the soft statement from the tactical officer. "Your training probably wasn't on a constitution class. Let your target float and don't lock until you're ready to fire. The recharge time is longer too, so alternate between your phaser banks. Don't fire them simultaneously like you were trained." She said trying to impart a few words of wisdom on the young officer.

Rhymus briefly looked up from the Tactical console, nodding his appreciation to the Operations Officer as he swiftly changed tactics. Now, rather than a broadside of phaser arrays firing every few moments, a somewhat constant stream of phaser fire wracked against the shields and hull of any of the vessels that happened to be foolish enough to give the Challenger a decent shot.

The Crewman smiled as the results of the sudden shift in fire came through the interface. "We might make it through this fight after all... I owe you a drink."

Kirok

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" Zex replied.  She clicked a button to take the autopilot offline.  The she placed her hand on the manual controls.

If the Captain wanted a unpredictable flight path to avoid being hit, manual controls was the best method.  And that was what she planned to do.  The ship started to circle back in the direction of the enemy ship.

Quote from: Rhymus Cleroux on July 20, 2017, 02:44:06 AM

Rhymus briefly looked up from the Tactical console, nodding his appreciation to the Operations Officer as he swiftly changed tactics. Now, rather than a broadside of phaser arrays firing every few moments, a somewhat constant stream of phaser fire wracked against the shields and hull of any of the vessels that happened to be foolish enough to give the Challenger a decent shot.

The Crewman smiled as the results of the sudden shift in fire came through the interface. "We might make it through this fight after all... I owe you a drink."

"Turning to give Sec/Tac a better angle.  Give me a target to aim for.  Then I will give you a count down" the Deltan called back to Rhymus.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Zex on July 20, 2017, 01:07:10 PM

"Turning to give Sec/Tac a better angle.  Give me a target to aim for.  Then I will give you a count down" the Deltan called back to Rhymus.

"Let's hit their lead vessel first. That way if the other two aren't too keen on staying disabled we'll still have their leader." Rhymus called out. The crewman set to work at his station, awaiting the best moment to hit the hardest.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.