Season Twelve, Episode 1: Anti Gravity

Started by Kyle Briggs, June 29, 2017, 10:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 07, 2017, 08:46:54 PM

[Bridge]

This was exactly what Kyle loved about the Discovery. Everyone came together and got things done. He had an amazing crew that all knew their jobs, and other positions, very well. The old Engineer in him took over.

"Agreed, Number One. Let's get an Ensign on his way to Engineering with the orders. Auxiliary and main power first. Then we can work on shields and weapons." Kyle replied as he turned toward the Ops station. "Chief." he called out to Kali. "Get with Mister Mackenzie and go through personnel files. Anyone with Zero gravity training needs to be paired with non trained personnel and armed. I want teams on every deck. I want us covered just in case we have visitors before we're able to get things back up and running. Let's get going folks."

[Bridge]

Lennox had been on his way over to the bridge when they had been hit. The next thing he knew, was that his feet were no longer on the floor, gravity having ceased. But, for the moment, Lennox could not help but give a childish grin as he floated slowly towards the corridor's roof.

He began to, rather unsuccessfully at first, make the rest of the distance to the bridge. The doors sliding open, "Cap'n Briggs, Lennox Ainsley reportin', sir. Anythin' ye wantin' me te do whilst I'm 'ere?" Lennox proceeded to attempt to anchor himself down on one of the seats to look a little more professional and a little less ridiculous than he was already.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Olivia Briggs

[Deck 2 - Guest Quarters]

Liv continued to hold onto the bulkhead corner as Elijah started to fuss but there was nothing she could really do at that moment other than try to reassure him and distract him with one of his rainbow coloured noisy toys. She had however managed to fill Lucy in on what had happened when she had spoken to Kyle and after so long decided that there had to be a way for them to sit down otherwise they would end up floating around unable to hold on any longer as their arms started to ache.

" If we can sit down and anchor ourselves that could work " she suggested pointing to the sofa and chair in the living area. It was certainly worth a try so once Lucy said that she was ready, they both let go, Liv being more careful with the baby strapped to her chest and made their way over, grabbing hold of the back of the furniture.  After a couple of stressful and awkward minutes managed to sit down and anchor themselves to the sofa.

Demlion Riverbank V

[Mess hall]

Things were not going well for the Vorta or the crew of the Discovery. The Ensign hated when things were way out of his control.

An idea had popped in the intelligent brain of his. He grabbed a table that was reachable for him to grab. He used his hands to hold on to the table. He had his back to the entrance door. The Medical Ensign turned his head to see where he had to push. Using his arms to launch him to where the ceiling matched the wall over the door. Slowly swimming toward his destination. He had missed again. However, he quickly used his hands to hit the wall to knock him down to the floor where meets the door. As he floated in the proximate area. The door had failed to open. "The Founders!" he cursed under his breath. It was not wise to say the name under stress, but he had. Just like when the Earthlings cuss Jesus.

So. He bounced back up. Quickly he reached for the door side, to push him toward a table. Plan B. The plan B would had been plan A if he knew plan A was not going to work. He grabbed the table once again. By some species this would be a fun game for the kids or possible they make a sport out of it. So he shoved toward the panel to access Jeffery tubes which was the right side of the exit door. Soaring again, he was focusing all his might to the panel. He was even using his telekinesis for the extra edge. He grabbed for the handle, turned it and pulled it off like he was Superman. The grate door went floating in the air. He grabbed for the side of the chute, or Jeffery Tube and he moved in. It was like a small cave. Small enough for two humans to be side by side. In a way, this felt much like home. His kind before the Founders they had lived in trees. He had not the recollection of memory but it was feel familiarity.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge]

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on July 08, 2017, 02:38:27 PM

Lennox had been on his way over to the bridge when they had been hit. The next thing he knew, was that his feet were no longer on the floor, gravity having ceased. But, for the moment, Lennox could not help but give a childish grin as he floated slowly towards the corridor's roof.

He began to, rather unsuccessfully at first, make the rest of the distance to the bridge. The doors sliding open, "Cap'n Briggs, Lennox Ainsley reportin', sir. Anythin' ye wantin' me te do whilst I'm 'ere?" Lennox proceeded to attempt to anchor himself down on one of the seats to look a little more professional and a little less ridiculous than he was already.

Kyle turned his head toward the lift to see who had joined them. He nodded toward Ainsley who had made his way to the Bridge. "Get with Chief Reyes and Lieutenant Kyan. They'll fill you in on the Security teams we'll need to deploy." Kyle said in response to the Security Officer's question."

He then turned back to the Ops area where a young Ensign was standing. "Ensign Townsend. Congratulations. You've been nominated to make your way to Engineering with the repair orders. Make haste so we can get repairs underway."

He watched as Townsend made his way off the Bridge. "I guess we play the waiting game now."

Ziran Trell

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 10, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

[Bridge]

Kyle turned his head toward the lift to see who had joined them. He nodded toward Ainsley who had made his way to the Bridge. "Get with Chief Reyes and Commander Kyan. They'll fill you in on the Security teams we'll need to deploy." Kyle said in response to the Security Officer's question."

He then turned back to the Ops area where a young Ensign was standing. "Ensign Townsend. Congratulations. You've been nominated to make your way to Engineering with the repair orders. Make haste so we can get repairs underway."

He watched as Townsend made his way off the Bridge. "I guess we play the waiting game now."

[Main Engineering]

A young Starfleet officer with one silver pip on his yellow collar quickly exited the Jefferies Tubes.

"Welcome to the lower decks, ensign. Mind filling me in on what's going on?" Donovan asked the officer as he drifted across the engineering room.

"I doubt we know any more than the engineering department does, sir." Townsend began. "Without Discovery's scanners, Lieutenant Commander Garrison's had no luck figuring out what caused all this damage. That's why I was sent here to give you his orders. He's made auxiliary and main power our top priority. Once they're online, repairs should speed up a great deal." Although relieved that his assumptions of the commanding officer's course of action was correct, Donovan was undoubtedly annoyed by the ensign pointing out the obvious to the chief engineer.

"Auxiliary and main power first, got it." Donovan replied in a hurry, looking eager to begin repairs.

"May I help out with one of the repair crews, chief? I am qualified to serve as both an operations officer and an engineering officer." Sounding like he preferred to be occupied with a task rather than to float across 15 decks worth of Jefferies tubes alone.

"I suggest you return to the bridge and inform Captain Briggs I'll be sending out repair crews right..." Before being able to finish off his sentence, Townsend interrupted.

"Sir, the whole ship will realise that as soon as you complete repairs."

Townsend had a fair point and one that was hard to argue with.

"Very well. If you insist, I'll assign you to a repair team. Good work navigating through the Jefferies Tubes in zero gravity."

Crewman Trell held onto the bars on the upper catwalk normally used to prevent people falling off, as chief Donovan began assigning people to repair teams.

"Trell, you'll be assigned to repair team beta and get emergency power generator 8 working as efficiently as possible, understood?"

More than happy to begin his very first task as a Starfleet officer, he nodded and head towards the young ensign floating beside the warp core.

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on July 10, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

[Bridge]

Kyle turned his head toward the lift to see who had joined them. He nodded toward Ainsley who had made his way to the Bridge. "Get with Chief Reyes and Commander Kyan. They'll fill you in on the Security teams we'll need to deploy." Kyle said in response to the Security Officer's question."

[Bridge]

"Aye, aye, sir," He tilted his head, looking around. "Talkin' of Chief Reyes, where can I find 'er, sir?" Lennox, if the gravity was turned on, would have been bouncing on his toes.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]
Kinley sat herself down at the nearest working computer terminal and opened the panels underneath it. She was not an engineer by any means , but she knew enough about computer systems to manipulate the wires into some form of connection. The Security console booted up , albeit very dimly. When the details on the screen finally came up, Kinley couldn't help but notice something at point 436. "Captain , I got up a scanner screen. You gotta check this out . I don't think we're the only ones out here ."

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: T'Vek on July 06, 2017, 09:58:40 AM

[Sickbay]

T'Vek's eyes fluttered open. One moment she'd been at the helm, the next she was on her back on a comfortable bed, staring up at a slowly-focusing ceiling. Even aboard a ship with state-of-the-art air scrubbers she could make out the sterile disinfectant smell of a medical room.

"What happened?" she asked aloud, unsure if there was anyone to hear her. "Doctor?"

Pushing along the vents like Jeffery tubes was much easy to manage. He had the lay out of the USS Discovery in his head. Not exact sure where he was in the ship. What he sensed had done was remember when he take a turn, he keeps in mind the location of the hall was. So if he took three turns and go down once. Leaving the mess hall from his back. The first left turn the Mess hall would be to his left. The second left should took him back the mess hall. That would face him, however it had led a path to go down. Then bank a left it took him too.

His bright eyes came to the grate window showed a sick bay with a person on the bed. The  lever he hand on. The Vorta body went up to hitting the ceiling. Turning the knob was not happening. It was he who was turning cause he weighed nothing. Yet. Another riddle for him to by pass.

Spreading his legs out. One foot touching each side to the wall. Barely making it. That was when he was able to turn the knob and pushed it open. The grate door gone on unhinge and floated away.

Using his hands, he reached onto the wall inside the medical, ducked his head, and he launched himself in the sick bay. His body was floating over the bed with the patient.

"I am afraid the Doctor is not here, T'Vek" he said in a soft calm voice. Inside his stomach, he was feeling worried. Preparing to treat a patient with no gravity was a task he had never done before.

The Vorta's shiny violet eyes showed he was concern for his patient. "I am Nurse Demlion," he introduced himself. He gave a small chuckle. "Not a good introduction, but it would do. T'Vek, Please tell me how you got to be on the bio bed?" He asked. A few Medical tricorders was floating around, and other medical supplies. Good thing they were not needles.

What he knew about T'Vek is Flight Operations. He knew she was not really  human. She was like a human race but he could not by the Founders remember. It had to be when his PADD was acting up which erases the readings of some of the crew.

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge]

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on July 11, 2017, 07:25:25 AM

"Aye, aye, sir," He tilted his head, looking around. "Talkin' of Chief Reyes, where can I find 'er, sir?" Lennox, if the gravity was turned on, would have been bouncing on his toes.

There was so much going on that Kyle hadn't even realized that Kali wasn't on the Bridge. "Just get with Mister Mackenzie. He'll fill you in." he said to Lennox. He made a mental kn==note to find out where Kali was.
Quote from: Kinley Garrison on July 11, 2017, 02:22:07 PM

Kinley sat herself down at the nearest working computer terminal and opened the panels underneath it. She was not an engineer by any means , but she knew enough about computer systems to manipulate the wires into some form of connection. The Security console booted up , albeit very dimly. When the details on the screen finally came up, Kinley couldn't help but notice something at point 436. "Captain , I got up a scanner screen. You gotta check this out . I don't think we're the only ones out here ."

He then turned his attention to Kinley. "Great work." he said as he made his way to her station. "What do you have?"

Olivia Briggs

Liv didn't know how long they could stay anchored down on the sofa but at least they were mainly safe for now and no longer floating around with the various objects that they had too occasionally duck out of the way for as they continued to move around the room. She was also slightly relieved that Elijah had settled and fallen asleep, smiling as she held him close and felt his tiny heartbeat against her chest.

Looking over at Lucy " I know this isn't exactly what I told you about when I hired you but at least we'll have something to talk and hopefully laugh about later " she said attempting to lighten the mood. " However I do think that once this over and things return to normal I'll arrange a get together for the crew in the main lounge ".

" I agree its certainly different but I'm still glad that we came out here and that sounds like a good idea Liv, in fact I'll look after the little one so you can spend some time with your husband" Lucy replied as she moved out of the way of a small table.

Shaking her head thinking if the situation wasn't so serious it would be laughable smiled at her friend and employee " I'm glad too and okay that sounds good to me as it would be nice to spend some time with Kyle" she said managing a smile despite everything that was going on.

Albus Marvel

Sickbay

Quote from: Demlion on July 12, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

"I am afraid the Doctor is not here, T'Vek" he said in a soft calm voice. Inside his stomach, he was feeling worried. Preparing to treat a patient with no gravity was a task he had never done before.

The Vorta's shiny violet eyes showed he was concern for his patient. "I am Nurse Demlion," he introduced himself. He gave a small chuckle. "Not a good introduction, but it would do. T'Vek, Please tell me how you got to be on the bio bed?"

T'Vek tried to sit up, but found herself unable. For a moment, a rush of panic threatened to grip her. Was she paralyzed? Concussed? Why was this Vorta floating like an apparition?

"Nurse...Demlion?" She didn't recall having met the man before, but then she was still relatively new to the crew. Additionally, she had no idea what time of day it was; it was possible he worked a different shift, or was covering, or simply that they hadn't crosses paths yet. "I have no idea how I got here. I remember being on the bridge, and then...I believe the ship hit something, or was hit by something..." She struggled again, then looked down. She was strapped to the medical bed. She looked up at Demlion. "May I surmise that the ship had lost gravity, and that's the reason I'm strapped down? I'd hate to think I was violent and needed to be restrained, though to be honest that's a theory I'm not willing to completely overlook either." She arched an eyebrow questioningly.

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." --Plato

Demlion Riverbank V

Quote from: T'Vek on July 14, 2017, 02:20:48 PM

Sickbay

T'Vek tried to sit up, but found herself unable. For a moment, a rush of panic threatened to grip her. Was she paralyzed? Concussed? Why was this Vorta floating like an apparition?

"Nurse...Demlion?" She didn't recall having met the man before, but then she was still relatively new to the crew. Additionally, she had no idea what time of day it was; it was possible he worked a different shift, or was covering, or simply that they hadn't crosses paths yet. "I have no idea how I got here. I remember being on the bridge, and then...I believe the ship hit something, or was hit by something..." She struggled again, then looked down. She was strapped to the medical bed. She looked up at Demlion. "May I surmise that the ship had lost gravity, and that's the reason I'm strapped down? I'd hate to think I was violent and needed to be restrained, though to be honest that's a theory I'm not willing to completely overlook either." She arched an eyebrow questioningly.

The Vorta could not hear the sound of the straps being moved by the female Vulcan. The reason was that anti gravity does not carry sound. The sound of gravity zero was down to very low numbers.

The injured patient had mentioned the ship was hit. That explained how they could lose the gravity. Something must had hit them in Engineering. It could be the reason why the sick bay three was empty. They must had heavy casualties.

Why would she believe she was violent and was tied down. That was a very irrational theory. A Vulcans were very calm and knew how to handle their emotions. The race of Vulcans would make a great diplomatic species, but, the lack of emotions came off turn off.

The Vorta attempted to touch the ceiling with his hands to move down to the bio bed. He was unable to reach. There was an edge he had in the other hand. Using the medical tricorder in the other hand, he was able to add five inches to push his weightless body down to T'Vek.

The bright blue eyes of the Vorta was able to see her clearly. What he needed to do was anchor himself next to her to scan her. No. He looked at the computer screen that was blank. How foolish he was looking at a screen that was in the black out.

"Crewman T'Vek, I assure I will give you the proper care," he said, soothing to her. "Are you able to hold on to me so I won't float away?" he asked her. As she was doing that. He started to scan her with medical tricorder.

"Hmm," he said as he was scanning. "You got a slight bruise on the Parietal lobe. You must've fell on the back of your head from a fall or smashing into it. I will be able to treat it. You will need to be careful. I can give you sedative to ease the pain. Will you accept that treatment, Crewman?" he asked her.

Asking was a practice by him. The reason to act was to give them the choice. She was alert on surrounding. So. She can make her own decisions.

"Please tell me you have any other discomfort? Some times technology can miss small little details," he added. He would release he if she was feeling ninety percent. Ten percent could be due to no gravity.

To bad Demlion did not know about T'Vek's past. A Vulcan who had joined Pirates which would be very illogical to her kind. It was far expectations by Vulcans as Demlion Riverbank V gave up on following what the Founders was trying to accomplish. It was like two peas in a pod. Unless she was a Vulcan that was part of that secret order to cover things for Vulcan. He heard about them, but never researched on them.

Tekin Nevir

[Bridge]

Nevir had by this point moved away from the Captain's chair, and instead had retreated to the back panels, seeing if there was some way to get power to some of the other stations.  To his surprise, it was Kinley who was able to get something, but as he turned to check the power gauge, he found that aux power was decreasing.  Slowly.. but steadily.

"Power is falling Kinley... we may need to save power.  But what did you find?  Maybe that can help." he said, pushing himself off to meet here where she was.

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on July 18, 2017, 11:49:05 AM

[Bridge]

Nevir had by this point moved away from the Captain's chair, and instead had retreated to the back panels, seeing if there was some way to get power to some of the other stations.  To his surprise, it was Kinley who was able to get something, but as he turned to check the power gauge, he found that aux power was decreasing.  Slowly.. but steadily.

"Power is falling Kinley... we may need to save power.  But what did you find?  Maybe that can help." he said, pushing himself off to meet here where she was.

[Bridge]
"Look at this. It's a large ship, headed this way. And it doesn't look like anything Federation, that's for certain." A terrifying thought came to her. "We're in Pirate Space, right? A crippled Federation ship, especially one of this size would be a jackpot for anyone who wants to get loot. And we can't do a thing." She shut down the computer to save the rest of the energy. "Well, What now?" she asked the captain and XO.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Olivia Briggs

It was almost hypnotic and mesmerising watching the remaining furniture, baby items, toys and Lucy's belongings as they continued floating around them and for Liv she knew she had to focus in order to stop the sofa or them from doing the same but it was difficult especially when she was limited in what she could do for her, Lucy and Elijah. Her stomach grumbled and she was thirsty but with no power they were stuck and it had taken effort to reach here so there was no way she was going to attempt to get to the Mess Hall or Lounge even then she would only be faced with the same problem.

No it was best to just hold off and wait until power could be restored and she also knew that such things would be prioritised and she wasn't one to complain or ask. Yes she could go without for a longer period and of course she was worried what would happen when Elijah woke and needed feeding or a diaper change but she would figure it out but with any luck he would remain asleep for a little while longer.

Trying to distract herself from what she had been staring at she looked over at Lucy and decided that talking about the party she wanted to plan would be a good way of not thinking too much about what was going on and the two were soon in planning mode talking about food, drinks and music to pass the time.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.