Starbase Columbus June 2017 Awards

Started by Michael J. Tritter, June 29, 2017, 09:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

Service Awards
Note: This is a repost, we do not have the images that go along with them.

Five Year Service Award: Zuriel Soreka has somehow managed to hang on to membership with the Fleet for five years. That's quite a while considering his attitude (and trust me, I can relate to that one lol)

One Year Service Awards: Marco Benitez and Naira are being presented a One Year service Ribbon, for one year with the Fleet. Congrats to you both!

Six Month Awards: These players are receiving their Six-Month awards:

T'Prina
Thomas Jett

They're a great duo and have now been with us for a half a year. Congrats!

As of this year Lieutenant Commander Michael Tritter and Captain Ayedami also have four years of service, which no award exists for but is noteworthy nevertheless.

Meritorious Service Ribbon: Awarded to players upon promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.

Lieutenant Commander Michael Tritter (Fearless Leader says I should mention this award heh heh)

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award: Awarded in January and July by the executive officer, to a player of his or her choosing

I picked Petty Officer Second Class Marco Benitez, this was a very hard one for me to pick, as I had several people in the running for this. I picked Mr. Benitez because of the contributions he makes during missions, as well as the intricate detail he puts into his posts and the sense of humor he brings to his posts.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Michael J. Tritter

Hello team!

It's Award Season! We are the oddball of the Fleet. We aren't a ship and it takes a quirky crew to make the Starbase great. Your command staff is pleased to distribute these awards in recognition of the fun and service we all enjoy.

I want to start off by saying that I think we have the best crew on this site. In my considerable time here with Shadow Fleet this is the best group I've ever worked with. Award season is always a good time, it truly makes all the hard work all of us do worth it. So congratulations to to one all here on the Columbus.

Let's get started!

Posting Ability Awards

Posting Excellence Award
Awarded in January and July to one player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills

Lieutenant Naira
Petty Officer Marco Benitez
Thomas Jett
T'Prina

All of these players are tremendous writers. I enjoy all of our posts but when I see these names I pull up a chair, crack open a cold one and truly enjoy. Congrats gang!

Most Improved Player Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.

Lieutenant Commander Daniel Howell

Real talk: Daniel has truly shined since moving to engineering to help us out. I'm truly grateful to him for his activity, his skill, and his great attitude. Thank you, Dan.

Descriptive Combat Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has demonstrated an ability to convey the action of combat in their posts.

Mike Tritter
Marco Benitez

These two players are former and current security officers. They both love a good fight, something that I feel is lost in Star Trek's futuristic and peaceful world. Congrats gentlemen.

Best Newcomer Award
Awarded to the player who has demonstrated excellence, and who joined after the last awards ceremony.

Katharoz Knox

Knox is a great writer. She impressed the command staff a lot with her first post: she researched the mission and jumped right in. I'm consistently pleased with her performance. Keep it up!

Technical Precision Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who has included in-depth and relevant technical details in their posts.

Zuriel Soreka

"The Big Z" is a real life vet and it shows with this technical skills. Being a Flight officer on a starbase is no easy task. He makes it look easy. Thanks man!

Most Engaging Member Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.

Naira
Maxine Dainshire

Her Post of the Month win notwithstanding, Naira consistently writes deep and hard hitting posts. Sometimes one has to write something that moves the plot along. More RP than actual writing, let's say. But Naira always has enhancing posts to offer up. Congrats to her.

And Maxine is in another niche position, a counselor. I've been very impressed with her writing about such a speciality thus far. Her session with Marco was a very interesting read. Thanks Maxine!

Best Duo Award
Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.

T'Prina and Jett

Does anymore need to be said? Ever since Killer Cove Jett and T'Prina have proved to be a dynamic duo. They're like oil and water. Their differences make for amazing reading. Good work to the two of you!

Rib Tickler Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts

Thomas Jett

If you know the character you know what I mean. I've consistently laughed aloud at some of Jett's antics. His cursing at an empty Romulan ship was particularly funny. Thanks for the laughs, Jett.

Extra Contribution

Captain's Personal Merit Award
Awarded in January and July by the commanding officer, to a player of his or her choosing

Naira

This award is for all her hard work, creativity and dedication. In her relatively short time with the Fleet (1 year) Naira has made an impression with not only myself but other CLOs. Her former captain, thank god, made the mistake of parting with her. The Columbus is a much better place for it. Now if only I could persuade her to become a CLO one day...

Crew Choice Award
Awarded in January and July to the winner of the Crew's Choice Poll.

Thomas Jett

You voted, I report. Jett is somehow a popular character despite how abrasive he is. Puzzled but pleased, I award this to Thomas Jett!

Fleet Service Ribbon
Awarded in January and July to players who guest star in another SIMM

Lieutenant Commander Zuriel Soreka

With two characters on four different SIMMs at the moment Zuriel is burning up the activity.

Outstanding Commitment Award
Awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions

Katharoz Knox
Daniel Howell

The description of the award says it all, people. Thanks to Knox and Dan for their activity and commitment.

Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in

Zuriel Soreka

Within days of coming onboard Zuriel gave us a season worth of missions. Holodecks, an alt, guesting in other ships...it goes on and on. Thank you Zuriel.

Outstanding Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities. The Contribution Award must be earned before this award

Naira

Starting to feel like a broken record here, but Naira truly does go above and beyond the call of duty. A lot goes on behind the scenes, and a lot can go wrong behind the scenes. With a lot of RP experience and people skills Naira has made my life a lot easier. Thank you very much for that.

That's it for our June 2017 Awards! Congrats to all the winners and every crew member here on the Station!

Here's to another six months of laughter, tears, and fun on the Starbase Columbus. I am looking forward to spending it right here on the base with all of you. Remember our motto:

HERE WE ARE

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.