The Bard's Song (Open to all PM for Details)

Started by Caleb Brighton, June 29, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[Bar - PR3]

The Bard just shook his head. It was always hard to tell what mood the Hunter was going to be in. When the marshmallow hit his head, the Bard laughed as he caught it and ate it. When he was offered a rainbow treat, he partook. He was a tad bit angry at the Hunter's ingenuity.

"Hunter yah crazy bastard you,"The Bard began."Only you would be crazy enough to come up with a Dalek marshmallow gun. I am just angry I didn't come up with it first!" He looked at Freya and chuckled."Freya this man is no more harmless than the marshmallows in his bag. Only on his good days. I should know as we go back quite a ways. Hunter this is my new friend Freya."

Though the barkeep looked particularly pissed, she shook her head. This was not their first bit of shenanigans there."Right. As much as I love you two coming in here to visit,"the woman began. "You do well make a big mess every time you roll in. I'm lucky I can still get business with you two around."

"Piper come on now. If it wasn't for us, Maura, and Rachel you're business would be in ruins," The Bard said. Piper quickly shook her head laughing. She did owe them a lot, but she never got tired of razzing them. "I'll prepare the usual for you two, but you have to go help clean up when I close up shop capiche?" The two men nodded. As much as they loved to mess around, when Piper was mad, you listened. They both quietly tried to pass it off, but agreed to help clean up later."My My Bard. You sure did find yourself a nice lady friend. What will you have miss? The name's Piper," Piper asked Freya.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

[Bar - PR3]

Freya still didn't fully trust this Hunter person despite the Bard's reassurances and did wonder if he was completely sane but the main thing for her was that the Bard hadn't been harmed in anyway because if he had then the Hunter would get the same treatment as the brute from the street. She did however trust the Bard so was polite when the Hunter was introduced to her. " Pleased to meet you Hunter " she said just as the barkeep came over.

She could only imagine what the pair got up too but had heard enough about Maura and Rachel to know that they would no doubt handle the both of them yet had to suppress a grin when they appeared to go quiet and immediately liked Piper and she was definitely someone she could get on with. Smiling when Piper then complimented her and asked what she would like " Nice to meet you Piper and I'll have one of the cocktails from the specials board please" she replied.

Academy Commandant

Catrin Maddux

[Bar- PW3]

Hunter had remained uncharacteristically silent during the introductions. He only gave a surly nod when spoken to. Bard's penchant for keeping human groupies nigh constantly irritated him. He was like a 21st century Earth socialite with a fashionable Chihuahua. A wry grin cracked his stony facade as he remembered the fight that observation had caused.

His attention was brought back to the present when Piper clunked a mug full of his "regular" on the bar in front of him. He inhaled appreciatively, the tangy sweet smell of the spiced tea spiked with a cinnamon whiskey.

"Ah, Piper. That's a lass. You know I improve the decor around here with my presence. And Bard, eh. He draws a crowd." He shrugged a shoulder at the man and returned to near silence, sipping at his tea with the occasional pleased hum.

Once the tea had performed its magic and pleasantly warmed his throat and belly, he turned his attention back to Bard and the girl, his latest pet.

"So where did you pick this one up? Barcelona?" The words were polite enough, only an old friend would even catch the slight barb of jealousy.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Caleb Brighton

[ Bar-PW3 ]

"I met Freya in Norway in 2010," the Bard began. "She helped me handle a rogue set of Ice Warriors who were trying to go against what the Doctor established for them." He smiled toward Freya. She really was something when she was thinking on her feet. Those two ice warriors almost set off a war, but it was thanks to talks led by Freya that got things rolling for peace talks.

"Coming right up! I will say you can trust the Bard. The Hunter, though loveable, can be a bit of a trickster," Piper said. In her tone of voice, only the Bard and Hunter knew she was joking. Despite the harsh and fiesty shell, Piper was just as loveable as the two timelords sitting next to Freya.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Freya listened as the Bard told the Hunter where they had met and smiled back as she remembered their meeting as if it was only yesterday and how she felt when she first encountered the ice warriors. Naturally a little scared but her inner strength and ability to think on her feet stopped her from feeling that way and how she resolved the situation and prevented a war. But she also put that down to having the Bard at her side through it all and never once regretted her decision to travel with him and had enjoyed all of their adventures.

" Thanks Piper and I do trust him " she replied without any hesitation and smiled again as the Barkeeper spoke to her and thought about what she had said about the Hunter. " I can imagine he is " she said deciding to still reserve full judgement until she got to know him better.

Academy Commandant

Catrin Maddux

[Bar-PW3]

Hunter leaned back, fingers interlocked behind his head. It was a precarious perch due to the backless stool he sat on, but he held his balance effortlessly. "Ice Warriors? Stubborn lizards. Although I do recall a particular set of spiny dorsal crests. Heh." His eyebrows raised expressively. It was obvious Bard wasn't going to rise to the bait about his little human friend. Pity. A good rousing row would be fun about now. In a graceful movement, he sat back up to finish his drink. Smooth and tasty, it had the unfortunate habit of disappearing all too quickly.

"As much as I enjoy a little banter, might we have an actual purpose for this visit? Beyond admiring the charming scenery and poppets?" He gave a crooked smile and a nod of his head to both ladies, despite his serious words.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Caleb Brighton

[ Bar-Pw3 ]

Piper had just finished Freya's drink when she heard the hunter pipe up. She thought for a moment about the information she had. Though it would make her sound insane to normal people, the two timelords who saved her ass years ago were there at her bar. "Well there has been a rumor of a demon running around. I don't know if it's true, but I have seen some really shady characters and strange objects pass through here,"Piper said. This immediately peaked the Bard's interest. "That sounds intriguing. While I do not mind being social with you Hunter, this seems kind of interesting," The Bard said.

Though the Bard told Freya about his past assistants, he didn't tell her much. It had been quite a while and he face was different. He was glad Piper was quick to recognize him once the Hunter was there, but what made him question things was her non reaction to his regeneration. He did want to question it, but he knew Piper was a sharp woman. That he he straight up told her what he was. Could the Doctor have passed through the bar as well? Was he investigating now? Only Piper held the answers.

Katheryn Brighton

[Bar PW3]

Freya ignored the slight insult from the Hunter as she knew there would be another motive for being here other than the Bard introducing her to the place and to Piper but she usually just went with the flow and only questioned him when needed or if there was something he had missed which was very rare.

Thanking Piper for her drink she was about to take a sip when a possible Demon was mentioned and so far in her travels with the Bard they had encountered many things but this would be a first for her. It also meant something like this wasn't going to be ignored and that was fine with her besides she enjoyed the adrenaline rush more than teaching Martial Arts ever gave her.

" It does sound interesting " she said taking a sip of the brightly coloured cocktail " Mmm that is good Piper but before we go investigating I'm gonna enjoy this first" she added with a slight wink towards the Bard.

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.