Re: Vulcan-Bound (Judy and Saya)

Started by Ozu Saya, September 26, 2018, 08:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"I'd better hold the couch," Judy said. "Best to let one of the fit young men do the delicate work."
It was complete nonsense, but there was a reason to it. Even though Judy was physically able, she was legally liable for any property damage she did; not so with the security personnel.

Obediently, the human stepped up to examine Alieth.
"We'll need to cut her out of there," he said. He unclipped a small knife from his belt, cut open a patch in the cushion where Alieth's horns were snagged, and then left it for the little animal's owner to pull the patch off the animal's horns away from the couch.

"Do you need any more help?" the Bolian asked. He was clearly bored.
"No. You may leave," Judy dismissed. Promptly, the men left.

"Young people can be so impolite," Judy remarked. "Would it have killed them to say 'please' or 'thank you?'"

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

Thank you, Saya said quickly before the men got out the door.

As soon as Alieth was freed, Saya pulled her close and worked the piece of fabric free from her spikes and frill. She murmured to the three-horn, too quietly to be heard, and Alieth pushed her face into her owner's neck once she'd been completely freed.

Saya sat in one of the comfortable chairs, ignoring the overturned couch for the moment and looked up at Judy with raised eyebrows to ask, Is that was that was all about? I was too worried to even notice how they spoke.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

Judy didn't wait to flip the couch over. It wasn't the best call for her back, and the result wasn't completely straight, but she couldn't stand something that blatantly off.
However, even with the couch upright, she went for a chair.

"Yes. Every generation has its defining characteristics, the ones you see in a lot of its members. Young people, unfortunately, tend to rudeness. This generation especially," she explained. "My children's generation respects mine less than we did our parents, and less than they did our grandparents. There are volumes of theories about it, but it comes down to the things you feel, the little things. The way people don't say 'please' or 'thank you' anymore."

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

Saya started up out of the chair when she realized Judy was going to try to flip the couch back by herself. When she did so, Saya dropped back and shook her head, knowing that saying anything about it would irritate her friend.

Yes, that does seem true, Saya said thoughtfully. I never had much opportunity or inclination for causing my parents difficulty, but I suppose I had my rebellions - not practicing when my mother told me to, playing in the engine room when I wasn't supposed to. Even when I was a little older, Father didn't really want me in there alone, in case something happened.

As she spoke, Saya was inspecting Alieth, running her hands over the three-horn's head and neck to feel for any injuries. Reasonably sure she was okay, Saya rose and carried Alieth to her pen and set her inside so that she could safely eat, get water or go back to sleep and Saya wouldn't have to worry about another incident.

I do hope that she will not try something like that again. But I will certainly have to keep a better eye on her if she is loose in future.

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"Oh, she'll try again," Judy said. "Pets, and toddlers for that matter, are the ultimate hands-on learners. They learn that stupid things are stupid by doing them. It goes to things they touch, places they go, and especially what goes in their mouths. Bridge here alone ruined four of my handbags!"
Judy held up the dog, who just looked at Saya with his adorable corgi face.

"Speaking of mouths, I really think we should fix up a proper lunch, even if it's a quick one," Judy insisted. She stopped herself from saying something about Saya looking like she wasn't eating, because she had a feeling that wouldn't go over well (as well as because they'd eaten nice, healthy meals so far).

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

Saya looked slightly alarmed. I am glad Alieth has not done anything like that, not as of yet. She's had a few accidents, but nothing too serious. She watched Alieth sniff her way around the perimeter of her enclosure as if she were disappointed to be confined again. After determining the limits of her freedom, the three-horn waddled over to her water bowl and lapped some up before beginning to eat some kibble from her food bowl.

With an amused and long-suffering sigh, Saya conceded, If you wish to prepare a meal, we can. I'll get Alieth some fruit and vegetables as well.

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"A regular meal schedule is much better for you than not having one," Judy explained her choice. "Irregular meals lead to lots of snacking, and next thing you know, you end up like these two loafs."
Judy pointed at the corgis. They were both rather chubby, and it was totally their fault for accepting every snack she gave them. At this rate, she might have to switch them to vegetables instead of treats.

"We definitely should go for something a little lighter," Judy thought as she tied her apron. "Are you a big fan of pasta?"
In her mind, she could see a number of pasta-based salads preparing to be made.

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

Yes, I know. I confess, I have been eating far more regularly these last couple of weeks than I ever have before. In fact, when she was putting in double shifts in Engineering, she was lucky to get an actual meal in a twenty-four hour period. It was one reason she liked plates of fruit and cheese. Preparation time wasn't an issue, of course, with replicators, but it was something she could leave on her station and nibble on while working.

Yes, I like pasta. Ravioli, remember? she asked cheekily. What do you have in mind?

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"Right," Judy acknowledged. She actually did forget, which she attributed as always to the inexorable march of time. "In light of all the cookies we, well, me," Judy chuckled, had, I'm thinking of a simple salad. Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and some macaroni or fettuccine. No eggs this time!"
Judy smiled in a broad, almost goofy way. She was very distinctly in an emotional upturn on what was already a good day.

"Any additions you can think of? Subtractions? Substitutions? This is a recipe you can make in 5 minutes in your office, so we can experiment with it now and use it from here forward."

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

That does sound good. Macaroni for me, I think, Saya responded, almost unconsciously returning Judy's goofy smile with a smaller one of her own.

I'd become accustomed to replicating finger foods that I could eat while I continued working. I suppose since I will be spending more time in an office at a desk and less working on the engines, I will be able to take a little more time to sit and eat an actual meal.

She moved into the kitchen and toward the replicator. I presume if we are going for speed, that we would replicate the ingredients in a ready-to-mix form? Is there a dressing?

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"Yeah, let's make it easy and get ready ingredients," Judy agreed. Being a purist had its draws, but it was time-consuming.

She replicated some macaroni (ready to eat), diced tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella, and put them into a bowl. It wasn't a massive meal, but it was definitely enough to feed two healthy people.
"Now we toss it, add some olive oil, and just like that, it's ready," Judy said, answering the dressing question. "Quick and easy."
Already, she could feel her stomach rumbling in anticipation of the meal.

Ozu Saya

[Presidential Suite]

Saya poured herself more tea before sitting at the table with her bowl of salad. Mmm, that's quite good, she said after her first bite. Judy was right about how easy it would be to throw something like this together while she was working.

After eating quietly for a moment, Saya finally said I have been well and truly distracted from work now. What would you like to do with the afternoon? I suppose we could go see what entertainments are being offered.

Judith Eastman

[Presidential Suite]

"Funny you should say that," Judy replied in between bites of salad. "I could go for a movie right about now."

And so it went for several days of relaxation, pet misadventures, music, and most of all conversation, until they reached earth.

FIN.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.