Author S2 M1"Macrocosm"  (Read 2629 times)

Online Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 M1"Macrocosm"
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk very nearly bumped his head as he hurried out from under a console, standing at full attention.  His visitor was Lieutenant Galloway, the department head. 

Getting a visit from the Lieutenant was not exactly uncommon.  The man was diligent in his oversight of the flight crews, coming down on a regular schedule to keep up on paperwork and routine inspections.  It was Galloway that had given Solluk the Tigris as his primary assignment, and consequently given him a sense of specific purpose within the department. 

Still, there was always a certain amount of anxiety in getting a visit from one's superiors.  Particularly when it was not on the schedule.

""Mister Solluk. The Captain sends her regards and it is time fer yer monthly inspection," the Lieutenant began.

Solluk's eyebrow arched slightly.  He had trouble determining what was true and what was a pleasantry when it came to social graces.  Did the Captain give thought to specific low-ranking crew members working aboard?  With over a thousand souls to command, it seemed like a lot to fit into one's mind.  The idea that she might actually send her regards to him, specifically, was somewhat heartwarming.  It instilled in him a touch of pride.

"However, before we get started on official business. I do need ta talk ta you aboot a personal matter of some delicacy that I believe may be impactin' yer performance lately."

Pride became concern in the space of a single phrase.  His performance?  Had it been sub-par?  Had the Captain noticed?  Was that why the Lieutenant had come unannounced? And mentioned the Captain?  Was he about to receive a dressing-down straight from the top?

Steeling himself for that possibility, he forced a non-panicked demeanor onto his features.  "I will work hard to address any shortcomings with my performance, Sir."

(tag)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 03:35:20 PM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk very nearly bumped his head as he hurried out from under a console, standing at full attention.  His visitor was Lieutenant Galloway, the department head. 

Getting a visit from the Lieutenant was not exactly uncommon.  The man was diligent in his oversight of the flight crews, coming down on a regular schedule to keep up on paperwork and routine inspections.  It was Galloway that had given Solluk the Tigris as his primary assignment, and consequently given him a sense of specific purpose within the department. 

Still, there was always a certain amount of anxiety in getting a visit from one's superiors.  Particularly when it was not on the schedule.

""Mister Solluk. The Captain sends her regards and it is time fer yer monthly inspection," the Lieutenant began.

Solluk's eyebrow arched slightly.  He had trouble determining what was true and what was a pleasantry when it came to social graces.  Did the Captain give thought to specific low-ranking crew members working aboard?  With over a thousand souls to command, it seemed like a lot to fit into one's mind.  The idea that she might actually send her regards to him, specifically, was somewhat heartwarming.  It instilled in him a touch of pride.

"However, before we get started on official business. I do need ta talk ta you aboot a personal matter of some delicacy that I believe may be impactin' yer performance lately."

Pride became concern in the space of a single phrase.  His performance?  Had it been sub-par?  Had the Captain noticed?  Was that why the Lieutenant had come unannounced? And mentioned the Captain?  Was he about to receive a dressing-down straight from the top?

Steeling himself for that possibility, he forced a non-panicked demeanor onto his features.  "I will work hard to address any shortcomings with my performance, Sir."

(tag)

Ian gave Solluk his warmest smile as he could well imagine what was going through his mind based on what his division chief had just said.

"First off, I wanted ta commend you on the stellar job you are doin' in keepin' the Tigris at such peak efficiency. Second, both the Captain and I are very glad ta have ya back on duty. Accidents do happen, but the next time ya try a new and dangerous activity Lad, perhaps ya might want ta get the hang of it in the holodeck first. Especially if'n ya are tryin' ta impress a Lass."

Ian smiled again to reassure the deeply self-conscious Vulcan.

"As you and Jada are both enlisted and it different divisions, there are no regulations against ya explorin' what could be an rewardin' experience fer both of you. I can see where you could use a bit of her raw passion and she could use some of yer logic.

"My only bit of advice is take things slowly, I know that could be difficult as there is nothing so heady as that as the flush of love. However, given yer lack of experience with emotions, I just suggest caution.

"Now, let!s get ta this bloody inspection so I can check off the bloody box and get back ta the bridge."

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:44:27 PM by Ian Galloway »

Online Solluk

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk began to relax as the Lieutenant began to say nice things about his performance.   Even telling him to be careful with his sports activities wasn't too bad.  Until...

"...Especially if'n ya are tryin' ta impress a Lass."

His gaze, previously straight ahead, now zagged to look at the Lieutenant before returning to its forward orientation.

Galloway proceeded to deliver romantic advice about how best to proceed in a romantic relationship with Jada.  It wasn't the very worst embarrassment of his life, but it surely ranked among the top ten.  The worst part was when the Lieutenant cautioned to 'take things slowly.' 

So... the general consensus that he and Jada were more than friends had percolated throughout the entire ship, right up to the upper-echelons of the bridge.  It made the lack of such a romance all the more frustrating. 

Part of this was his own fault, no doubt.  Comments like the one he'd made to the engineering crewman surely did nothing to dispel  such rumors.  He was a Sehlat hooked by his own claw.  And he'd yet to even lay a single kiss upon her soft lips...

He blinked himself out of such imaginings.  "Thank you for your... advice.  Sir.  The Chief and I are... just friends."

Feeling the need to underline that statement in some way, he added, "I am not averse to the basic concept of romance, however, so should you have any recommendations of likely partners among the crew, I would be willing to entertain a suggestion or a... sightless meal." 

Having made the deflection, he stepped out of the Lieutenant's way so that he could conduct the inspection.

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk began to relax as the Lieutenant began to say nice things about his performance.   Even telling him to be careful with his sports activities wasn't too bad.  Until...

"...Especially if'n ya are tryin' ta impress a Lass."

His gaze, previously straight ahead, now zagged to look at the Lieutenant before returning to its forward orientation.

Galloway proceeded to deliver romantic advice about how best to proceed in a romantic relationship with Jada.  It wasn't the very worst embarrassment of his life, but it surely ranked among the top ten.  The worst part was when the Lieutenant cautioned to 'take things slowly.' 

So... the general consensus that he and Jada were more than friends had percolated throughout the entire ship, right up to the upper-echelons of the bridge.  It made the lack of such a romance all the more frustrating. 

Part of this was his own fault, no doubt.  Comments like the one he'd made to the engineering crewman surely did nothing to dispel  such rumors.  He was a Sehlat hooked by his own claw.  And he'd yet to even lay a single kiss upon her soft lips...

He blinked himself out of such imaginings.  "Thank you for your... advice.  Sir.  The Chief and I are... just friends."

Feeling the need to underline that statement in some way, he added, "I am not averse to the basic concept of romance, however, so should you have any recommendations of likely partners among the crew, I would be willing to entertain a suggestion or a... sightless meal." 

Having made the deflection, he stepped out of the Lieutenant's way so that he could conduct the inspection.

Ian smiled again, something he probably wouldn't do with any other Vulcan, but he knew of Solluk's medical condition and felt that it was worth the effort to try put him at ease as he could, especially after his mangled metaphor regarding the idea of a blind date.

"On this particular topic Lad, you are well within yer rights ta tell me ta bugger off. I only brought it up because of a bit of insight drawn from the decal you've added ta the Tigris. Your relationship, whatever form it takes with Jada, really isn't my business, and it absolutely stays between me and you Lad.

"It's just that history is littered with the bones of lads that met their end tryin' ta win the affections of a lass. We are too far from replacements fer me ta lose any pilots, especially one of my best."

"As fer meetin' someone among the crew, that's even less of my business than whatever is goin' on between you and Jada. However, the term is 'blind date' and as I've been on a dry spell, I'm nae the one ta give advice on that particular topic.

"Now Lad, let's get ta business..."

Offline Jada

• Second Officers
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 02:17:19 AM »
"Not completely," Kintiss replied "and it issss your choice on whether you take them or not, but I'd sssuggessst carrying them with you anyway, jussst in cassse." It may be useful for her now, but what about when it wasn't? He was only looking out for her well-being. Still, he couldn't make any crewman undergo a medical procedure unless it was life-threatening to either them or the rest of the crew. This was anything but, so the decision was hers to make.

Jada sat in silent brooding for a time, contemplating whether to take the pills or not. She figured that if her cold or whatever it was eased up, the heat would be easier to manage. Ultimately, she didn't have to decide now. 'Alright, thanks doc.' she drawled, slipping the packet into a pocket.

She sniffed, surprised to find air again. Her Gallandan cold must be clearing after Kintiss's hypospray. 'Am I good to go on duty, or should I take time off?' The hard part, of course, was being bored and randy.
EPC Instructor  (Tempest Personnel File)

Online Solluk

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 09:43:27 AM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk stood by, mostly containing his latent anxieties, as the Lieutenant completed his inspection.  Galloway was thorough, as always, but not pedantic in his attention to minor details.  All in all, the routine was concluded without much pain.  As things were drawing to a close, curiosity on matters other than romance began to tickle his mind.

"Sir," he asked, "Might I ask, if it's not classified, what the nature of our current mission is?  I often feel somewhat disconnected from current events in the shuttlebay.  We generally only get briefed on a situation when a shuttle launch is anticipated."

Playing 'guess the mission' was one of the favorite pasttimes of the shuttle crews.  Usually, rumors would circulate to the flight deck about what was going on.  Enough to make educated guesses.  But if nothing was being launched, detailed information was infrequently passed down.

(tag)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »
[Shuttlebay One]

Solluk stood by, mostly containing his latent anxieties, as the Lieutenant completed his inspection.  Galloway was thorough, as always, but not pedantic in his attention to minor details.  All in all, the routine was concluded without much pain.  As things were drawing to a close, curiosity on matters other than romance began to tickle his mind.

"Sir," he asked, "Might I ask, if it's not classified, what the nature of our current mission is?  I often feel somewhat disconnected from current events in the shuttlebay.  We generally only get briefed on a situation when a shuttle launch is anticipated."

Playing 'guess the mission' was one of the favorite pasttimes of the shuttle crews.  Usually, rumors would circulate to the flight deck about what was going on.  Enough to make educated guesses.  But if nothing was being launched, detailed information was infrequently passed down.

[Shuttlebay One]

Ian was again impressed with how well Solluk maintained his ship and smiled as the Vulcan asked a question that was on his own mind.

"Mister Solluk. You have done a fine job with the Tigris. I'm certain some overly starched types would object ta yer decal, but as you know, I have a holodeck program that features 20th Century atmospheric craft and such adornments are considered highly prized works of art, and I agree.

"As fer our mission... Bloody hell if'n I know. We're pokin' at another noig of a nebula again. Last one we looked at cost too much in my view, but we're explorers in Starfleet, so we're explorin'."

Ian smiled conspiratorially and leaned in closer to Solluk to add in a stage whisper.

"Half the time I'm on the bridge, 'I often feel just as disconnected from current events' as you are here. It might surprise ya ta know, many of our 'missions' come from just travelin' along and bein' closest ta whatever happens ta drop into the pot at that particular moment."

He then laughed as he continued.

"Honestly, inspections of embarked craft isn't exactly my favorite task every month, but when we're on autopilot like we are now, my lot on the bridge is largely one of unmitigated boredom. Thus, here I am lookin' at shuttles and runabouts, but at least I get ta talk ta the members of my division and get off of the bloody bridge for a few hours.

"Once again, outstandin' job with the Tigris lad. I'll be seein' ya about and if'n ya ever want ta take a crack at a P-40B Tomahawk on the holodeck, please let me know. However, duty calls."

Ian made a great show of sighing deeply as he headed for the next closest item on his inspection list, which happened to be a type-9 shuttle withe all too appropriate name of USS Vortex.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Flag Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
[Bridge]

Julia was reviewing the days duty roster as she was settling in for a quiet day, well at least as quiet as it got on the bridge of a Galaxy Class vessel. She noticed that science seemed to have a lot on their plate. She raised her eyebrows sightly, excited that they might need a hand from her. "Naga, we'll need to get stellar cartography moving on charting our latest scans. Being out here in the Gamma Quadrant is certainly keeping them busy." She commented with a slight chuckle.

The quiet ship was suddenly shook a violent jolt pulled Julia from her seat and to the floor. The Tempest was flung from warp and spun quickly in circles as it exited it's warp bubble. The klaxons went off automatically covering the entire bridge in a red glow as the ship violently shook. As the ship came to a stop Julia stood up. Her hair had fallen in front of her face, she brushed it to the side as she spoke above the klaxons.

"Report!"
Site Administrator

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »
[Bridge]

The quiet ship was suddenly shook a violent jolt pulled Julia from her seat and to the floor. The Tempest was flung from warp and spun quickly in circles as it exited it's warp bubble. The klaxons went off automatically covering the entire bridge in a red glow as the ship violently shook. As the ship came to a stop Julia stood up. Her hair had fallen in front of her face, she brushed it to the side as she spoke above the klaxons.

"Report!"

[Shuttlebay One]

Ian had just finished his inspection of the Vortex and was typing on his PADD his findings as he stood next to the shuttle when the world went sideways. Up was left, right was down, and he was flying. Fortunately, he kept himself physically fit and was able to absorb most of the impact, but not all. He heard a crack in his side as he landed and rolled, ending up in a heap with his head spinning.

"Deoghail am fallus bhàrr duine mharbh siadha tiadhan!" He snarled as he felt the pain in his side and crawled to his feet, wincing.

"That can't be bloody good, but first things first, what in the south side of hell was that?"

He wobbled toward the exit , until he saw petty officer Jacobs, the pilot of the Vortex lying in a pool of blood next to him and that a fire had broken out on the shuttle that the computer controlled suppression system was not handling. After a moment of disbelief, he tapped his commbadge.

=/\= "Galloway ta sickbay, medical emergency in shuttlebay one! =/\=

Kneeling down beside the injured man, he began applying pressure to his bleeding leg. Spotting several other crew looking just as confused as he, but were just milling about, causing him to snarl.

"Pull yer bloody heads out of yer bloody arses! One of you get on that fire! And I need help over here!"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:40:54 PM by Ian Galloway »

Offline Kintiss

• Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »
She sniffed, surprised to find air again. Her Gallandan cold must be clearing after Kintiss's hypospray. 'Am I good to go on duty, or should I take time off?' The hard part, of course, was being bored and randy.

"You're good to go," Kintiss said. It wasn't a major illness, so Jada could attend to her duties as normal. However, that also put responsibility for monitoring her condition in her hands. "Don't hesssitate to contact Sssssickbay if anything changessss." He hadn't been on this ship long, but from his experience on his previous assignments, something would change.

Offline Klizh

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
[Bridge]

Julia was reviewing the days duty roster as she was settling in for a quiet day, well at least as quiet as it got on the bridge of a Galaxy Class vessel. She noticed that science seemed to have a lot on their plate. She raised her eyebrows sightly, excited that they might need a hand from her. "Naga, we'll need to get stellar cartography moving on charting our latest scans. Being out here in the Gamma Quadrant is certainly keeping them busy." She commented with a slight chuckle.

"Report!"
Even with inertial dampeners, K'lizh felt a sense of nausea, be that from their spinning, or the stars hurtling past the viewscreen in a direction they were not supposed to go. He found himself clutching his console and willing himself to look down and focus on that rather than give in to the sickness.

"Warp field has collapsed... left nacelle is offline... sensors are going crazy, I can't make sense of this data!"
he called out, his deep voice pitching upwards in urgency. This was not a good area of space to get stranded in.

"Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them neatly away so that they don’t upset people.  Nature, in fact, abhors a lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and the chuck keys for electric drills." -Pratchett

Online Solluk

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2017, 08:47:33 PM »

[Main Shuttlebay]

Solluk's shift was nearing its end, and he was about to shut down the Tigris.  She'd survived his practice maintenance attempts and two inspections.  By that standard, the day was a success.

But before his fingers could touch the console to initiate a shutdown sequence, a dizzying lurch nearly sent him to the deck.  Nearly, but not quite.  He was fortunate that the runabout's systems had still been online.  Whatever terrible maneuver the Tempest had just endured, he'd benefitted not only from the ship's inertial dampners, but also those within the Tigris herself.  Were it not for this layered protection, he felt fairly sure that he'd have been brained against the console or some other part of the craft.

The Tigris herself had slid and rotated somewhat, moving out of her proper position.  From his adjusted vantage, Solluk could see through the cockpit windows that many people had collapsed throughout the shuttlebay, and a fire had broken out on one of the shuttles.  For whatever reason, the fire suppression system of the bay wasn't engaging properly.

His fingers which had been about to shut the craft down now moved to a different function.  He engaged a sensor scan.  "Computer, analyze the fire.  What kind of conflagration is it?"

The Tigris' computer promptly responded, "A Sarium-Krellide cell aboard the shuttle has ruptured, and superconducting fluids have shorted across Vanadium-shielded EPS nodes. Aluminum housing elements are currently ablaze."

Solluk was not an engineer.  He struggled to remember details about the mechanisms involved.  "Can the fire be extinguished with emergency hand extinguishers?  And are there any secondary effects that may pose a danger during firefighting?"

"Emergency hand extinguishers may be able to extinguish the burning aluminum.  Secondary effects which possibly pose a hazard include an explosive release of superheated plasma from the shuttle's fusion precharger.  These effects are due to the shorting of EPS nodes, and the danger exists independently of the fire."

Solluk's eyes went wide at the news, and he sat down at the pilot's station.  His fingers danced on the console, and the Tigris gently lifted itself from the shuttlebay deck.  "Computer, confirm whether or not the shuttlebay atmospheric containment field generators are functioning."

"Atmospheric containment field generators show function at full capacity."

Solluk nodded, quite illogically, at the Computer.  "Open a channel to the bridge, flag the signal as Priority One."

"Channel Open."

Solluk flew the Tigris carefully over the heads of the shuttlebay personnel, and positioned the runabout beside the afflicted shuttle.  "Petty Officer Solluk requesting immediate launch clearance from Shuttlebay One.  This is a Priority Launch Request." 

Leaning to one side, he tapped at the weapons console.  Bringing up the craft's utility emitter controls, he initiated the Runabout's powerful tractor beam, locking it onto the burning shuttle.

(tag)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »

[Main Shuttlebay]

Solluk's shift was nearing its end, and he was about to shut down the Tigris.  She'd survived his practice maintenance attempts and two inspections.  By that standard, the day was a success.

But before his fingers could touch the console to initiate a shutdown sequence, a dizzying lurch nearly sent him to the deck.  Nearly, but not quite.  He was fortunate that the runabout's systems had still been online.  Whatever terrible maneuver the Tempest had just endured, he'd benefitted not only from the ship's inertial dampners, but also those within the Tigris herself.  Were it not for this layered protection, he felt fairly sure that he'd have been brained against the console or some other part of the craft.

The Tigris herself had slid and rotated somewhat, moving out of her proper position.  From his adjusted vantage, Solluk could see through the cockpit windows that many people had collapsed throughout the shuttlebay, and a fire had broken out on one of the shuttles.  For whatever reason, the fire suppression system of the bay wasn't engaging properly.

His fingers which had been about to shut the craft down now moved to a different function.  He engaged a sensor scan.  "Computer, analyze the fire.  What kind of conflagration is it?"

The Tigris' computer promptly responded, "A Sarium-Krellide cell aboard the shuttle has ruptured, and superconducting fluids have shorted across Vanadium-shielded EPS nodes. Aluminum housing elements are currently ablaze."

Solluk was not an engineer.  He struggled to remember details about the mechanisms involved.  "Can the fire be extinguished with emergency hand extinguishers?  And are there any secondary effects that may pose a danger during firefighting?"

"Emergency hand extinguishers may be able to extinguish the burning aluminum.  Secondary effects which possibly pose a hazard include an explosive release of superheated plasma from the shuttle's fusion precharger.  These effects are due to the shorting of EPS nodes, and the danger exists independently of the fire."

Solluk's eyes went wide at the news, and he sat down at the pilot's station.  His fingers danced on the console, and the Tigris gently lifted itself from the shuttlebay deck.  "Computer, confirm whether or not the shuttlebay atmospheric containment field generators are functioning."

"Atmospheric containment field generators show function at full capacity."

Solluk nodded, quite illogically, at the Computer.  "Open a channel to the bridge, flag the signal as Priority One."

"Channel Open."

Solluk flew the Tigris carefully over the heads of the shuttlebay personnel, and positioned the runabout beside the afflicted shuttle.  "Petty Officer Solluk requesting immediate launch clearance from Shuttlebay One.  This is a Priority Launch Request." 

Leaning to one side, he tapped at the weapons console.  Bringing up the craft's utility emitter controls, he initiated the Runabout's powerful tractor beam, locking it onto the burning shuttle.

(tag)

[Shuttlebay One]

One of the engineers arrived with a medkit and was able to stop Jacobs' bleeding. As Ian dialed the hypospray to a mild pain-killer, he heard, then saw the Tigris lift.

"Damn if'n that Solluk isn't on the ball! I'm goin' ta mention him ta the captain fer commendation fer this."

Once the drugs took the edge off the pain in his side, he turned and spotted Ensign T'preen the flight crew chief and motioned her over.

"Ensign, you are in command here. I have no idea what happened, but I mean ta find out. With the fire under control and Jacobs out of danger, you will have ta use yer discretion ta manage whatever happens next."

Knowing pleasantries were wasted on a Vulcan, he left without another word. He tried to run, but his side forced him to walk to the nearest turbolift. Knowing the chaos was likely to delay him reaching the bridge, so he used his bridge officer command code to override the queue.

"Galloway Sigma Priority One Beta."

On reaching the bridge, he moved to the helm station and began scanning the damage report, which wasn't good as he made his report.

"Warp offline. Impulse and thrusters nominal. Able ta maneuver ta yer discretion Captain."

Offline Jada

• Second Officers
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 04:13:47 AM »
Sickbay

"You're good to go," Kintiss said. It wasn't a major illness, so Jada could attend to her duties as normal. However, that also put responsibility for monitoring her condition in her hands. "Don't hesssitate to contact Sssssickbay if anything changessss." He hadn't been on this ship long, but from his experience on his previous assignments, something would change.

'Alright, doctor.' Jada acknowledged, but didn't exactly commit. 'Thanks for your help.' Jada rose from the biobed, fetching Snake from the neighbouring bed. She could think a bit more clearly now. For her residual drowsiness and still-fresh distractedness, she figured she'd return to her quarters, work out a bit, and take another sonic shower – cold, loud, and high-pressure – before going on duty. Hopefully her work wouldn't take her anywhere near Solluk. The Vulcan had gotten her distinctly curious – sweet, dorky, chiselled good looks – and seemed to be the current target of her inflamed libido. This time, she was interested in pursuing that, but wasn't sure if he'd be open to it (clumsy compliments notwithstanding). She also wasn't sure how much longer she'd be interested. Kintiss's pills might give her a choice—

The ship quaked violently, rattling equipment and juddering the deck. With exquisite reflexes and perfect balance, Jada reacted fast, throwing an arm out to catch Kintiss should he topple (could Selay even trip?) and even a leg to stop an orderly flying onto his face (a kick to the gut being better than a face injury, generally). 'You alright?' she asked urgently, checking those around her. A ceiling panel had fallen loose, cutting a nurse, but there was plenty of medical attention to go around in Sickbay.

Jada let go of Kintiss and tapped her commbadge. Drowsiness and sexy thoughts were light-years away, the emergency wholly in focus. 'Sit-rep!'

The computer summarised: 'Port nacelle went off-line. Warp field collapsed, causing sudden deceleration. Fire in Main Shuttlebay.'

Nine Hells. Jada had already started walking to the door, dreading that Solluk might be caught up in it. Logic caught up with her. 'Doctor, we might need a medical team there.' She took a spare medkit for herself; she wasn't a medic, but she could do basic first aid, or cruder patching up.
EPC Instructor  (Tempest Personnel File)

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »
[Engineering]
Nicholas was still astounded at how young the XO was, and at how fast he must have risen through the ranks. James occasionally seemed to be just as amazed by his own rise. Nonetheless, it was quite impressive, and even the cynical engineer had to acknowledge Hawk's clearly bright future.

Good morning, sir! Nicholas said with a touch of coffee-derived energy, The key systems are as good as they've ever been, but it seems the EMH was tampered with. Do you happen to know anything about that?

Nicholas needed someone with security experience to be able to figure out who tampered with the EMH. If Hawk didn't know, and would not help him out, he would need to somehow recall the name of the Chief of Security.

[Main Engineering]

"Morning," James replied, he was intrigued to say the least that the EMH had been tampered with. "No, I don't know anything about the tampering but I imagine you want to find out who did? In what way was it tampered?" James asked as his Security background kicked in. He couldn't think of why somone would tamper with the EMH unless K'lizh or somone was bored and having some fun. While it might well be harmless, if the tampering was malicious it could be a problem.

Just as James finished speaking the ship suddenly and violently rocked followed by red lights and loud klaxons sounding. "Report, Lieutenant!" James ordered hoping the older Engineer would be able to see what had happened. "It feels like something hit us," he commented hoping they weren't under enemy fire again. The Tempest had been through enough of that lately.
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Nicholas Mortier

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • It's tremendous
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 12:52:05 PM »
[Main Engineering]

"Morning," James replied, he was intrigued to say the least that the EMH had been tampered with. "No, I don't know anything about the tampering but I imagine you want to find out who did? In what way was it tampered?" James asked as his Security background kicked in. He couldn't think of why somone would tamper with the EMH unless K'lizh or somone was bored and having some fun. While it might well be harmless, if the tampering was malicious it could be a problem.

Just as James finished speaking the ship suddenly and violently rocked followed by red lights and loud klaxons sounding. "Report, Lieutenant!" James ordered hoping the older Engineer would be able to see what had happened. "It feels like something hit us," he commented hoping they weren't under enemy fire again. The Tempest had been through enough of that lately.
Mortier looked with horror as the port nacelle suddenly went dark. He knew that this was an automated subroutine in the event of damafe to the containment fields within the nacelle, and that it was quite necessary to avoid venting Warp plasma uncontrollably. If not for this program, plasma could burst out of any damaged Warp coil and damage the nacelle housing, other coils, and potentially tge Warp core itself.
"By George!" the Engineer cried out, before reporting the situation "The containment fields in the port nacelle was damaged by some form of impact, which triggered a subroutine that cut off Warp plasma to the nacelles and is currently shutting down the warp core. I can bring the starboard nacelle online, but I recommend that we get non-essential personnel as far away from the core and nacelle as we can."
Although Saucer separation was a radical move, Nicholas believed it was the best course of action, provided that Sec/Tac didn't have pressing need of the ship's weapons. As he had not accessed the sensors, Nicholas couldn't speak as to their tactical situation.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Flag Officer
  • Experienced Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »
Even with inertial dampeners, K'lizh felt a sense of nausea, be that from their spinning, or the stars hurtling past the viewscreen in a direction they were not supposed to go. He found himself clutching his console and willing himself to look down and focus on that rather than give in to the sickness.

"Warp field has collapsed... left nacelle is offline... sensors are going crazy, I can't make sense of this data!"
he called out, his deep voice pitching upwards in urgency. This was not a good area of space to get stranded in.

[Bridge]

Julia moved to the front of the bridge and looked over K'Lizh shoulder. She instantly noted the fire in the shuttlebay. "Commander, reach out to the shuttlebay and see if we can get fire suppression systems online. If not clear the area and open the hanger bay to extinguish the fire. In the meantime i am going to go figure out what we hit." Julia said as she turned and headed to the back of the bridge.

At the main science station she pulled up an image of the effected nacelle. She was immediately struck with a shocking image staring back at her. There was a black mass covering approximately the front quarter of the nacelle and even more shocking, it was expanding. She moved it to the main view screen. "Anyone have any ideas?" She asked.
Site Administrator

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D