Author Topic: Personal Log - Lizzie Vaughan  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Deceased/Retired
  • Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Personal Log - Lizzie Vaughan
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:07:28 pm »
Sunday 9th June

So I finally have got back to active service. I'm not sure how I feel about it after being away for so long but Dr T'Narr says I have to start getting my life back to where it was before. It was a bit of a shock when I contacted Starfleet and they told me that as I would only be returning as a normal medical officer and as such I would only have the rank of Lieutenant. I only just refrained from telling Starfleet where to stick it. But when I thought about it, it actually made sense. I'm not sure I could cope with being the CMO at the moment, though with luck I'll be ready soon enough. When I was informed of my new assignment, I couldn't have been more relieved. I served under Will when he was acting CO of the Tempest and made a fine CO so I have no problems working with him. Dylan as well was another pleasant surprise. I hadn't known that he had finally abandoned his precious engines for the red shirt of command, but he has more than enough skill to do the job. Going through the other officers, I was pleased to find out that, apart from a few youngsters, I have served with them all before. I'm hoping that there will not be too much in the way of casualties on this mission. Though saying that, if I have nothing to do I'll start getting bored. Maybe I'll see if any of the security officers are any good at martial arts.

End Log

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Deceased/Retired
  • Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Personal Log - Lizzie Vaughan
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:04:49 pm »
Personal Log

I've been rather lapse recently with regards to my personal logs but significant events have recently occurred to make me get back into doing it. I finally made CMO. Though I was doing the job almost since I came on board anyway, so the title was just a formality. The last couple of missions have been both mentally and physically exhausting and I am now hoping for less stress with the next one. Though, knowing our luck, that will not be the case. In the last mission, while assisting a crew of Cardassians, I had to perform an emergency C-Section on a Cardassian female. While there was some risk, I managed to deliver the healthy baby girl but also save the Mother as well. When the Mother found out she had a daughter, she rejected the child without looking at her. This surprised me somewhat, but after performing a full exam on the infant, I realised she was half Bajoran. This explained a few things but left us in a bit of a sticky situation. We contact both the Cardassian and Bajoan Governments and both of them refused to take on responsibility for the child. This left her in our care. I was taken with the little girl from the start, naming her Alys after my Nanna. Once the Captain confirmed that she was to be left with us, I immediately applied to be her guardian. This was easier than I expected and happened within 48 hours. I have also started the process of adopting her, I expect this to be finalised in about a month. Once this is complete I intend to have her christened. When I informed my parents, they were overjoyed. As was Gwen, the oldest of my two Sisters. My eldest Brother was harder to read, he was his usual rude self but hopefully he will be more open when we see him. I could not speak to my other two siblings so I sent them messages. I'm slowly getting used to being a Mum and since I learned early on how to survive on little sleep, I'm coping well with the sleepless nights. I've had several offers from other crew members offer to help, so I'll have to make sure I take them up on their offers. I've still not found anyone who can even provide me with a good challenge in martial arts, so I'm having to rely on the holodeck.

End Log

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles