The Forgotten Jungles (Caleb and Katheryn)

Started by Caleb Brighton, April 08, 2017, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katheryn Brighton

One Hour Later
Katheryn stopped for a moment to take another drink of water as Caleb led them towards the pink trees. She was looking forward to finally getting to see the real thing after seeing the image in his notebook and even the walk there was just as enjoyable as had been so far. Glad that she had tied her shirt loosely around her bikini top and not bother to get completely changed when they had returned from their swim as she didn't want to waste any time and continue their adventure. Quickly storing her water bottle back in the side pocket of her bag as she then closed the gap between them " Maybe we can have that picnic when we get there?" she suggested " All though I might have to fight you for the cookies ".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 16, 2017, 11:45:23 AM

One Hour Later
Katheryn stopped for a moment to take another drink of water as Caleb led them towards the pink trees. She was looking forward to finally getting to see the real thing after seeing the image in his notebook and even the walk there was just as enjoyable as had been so far. Glad that she had tied her shirt loosely around her bikini top and not bother to get completely changed when they had returned from their swim as she didn't want to waste any time and continue their adventure. Quickly storing her water bottle back in the side pocket of her bag as she then closed the gap between them " Maybe we can have that picnic when we get there?" she suggested " All though I might have to fight you for the cookies ".

"You're on, but I'll bet you the berries from this tree are going to taste even better,"Caleb said. He left his shirt unbuttoned and and his vest on as well. Though this was partially a suggestion by Katheryn, he also wanted to cool off a bit as the trek in the jungle was getting humid. It was not that much longer that they arrived at their destination. The clearing they got to was huge. The trees were strewn about and massive in size. True to the drawing, the leaves were large and pink and the trunks spiraled upward. It seemed so serene there as there was barely a noise. The hike in they heard a myriad of strange new creature noises, but here it seemed like it was not phased by the environment surrounding it.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 16, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

"You're on, but I'll bet you the berries from this tree are going to taste even better,"Caleb said. He left his shirt unbuttoned and and his vest on as well. Though this was partially a suggestion by Katheryn, he also wanted to cool off a bit as the trek in the jungle was getting humid. It was not that much longer that they arrived at their destination. The clearing they got to was huge. The trees were strewn about and massive in size. True to the drawing, the leaves were large and pink and the trunks spiraled upward. It seemed so serene there as there was barely a noise. The hike in they heard a myriad of strange new creature noises, but here it seemed like it was not phased by the environment surrounding it.

"Ooh definitely fighting talk Doctor Jungle we'll see " Katheryn replied grinning at him as they reached the trees he had talked such much about and she certainly wasn't disappointed now that she had seen them properly. She also liked the fact it was so quiet and peaceful even though she had enjoyed listening to the new creature noises it was nice to just not hear anything at all and looked over at Caleb with a smile. She liked that he had taken her suggestion to leave his shirt  unbuttoned as there was nothing worse then being overheated especially as it got more humid and as she set her bag down on the floor she took off her shirt before sitting down. " These are beautiful Caleb and I'm glad I got to see them".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 16, 2017, 04:48:01 PM

"Ooh definitely fighting talk Doctor Jungle we'll see " Katheryn replied grinning at him as they reached the trees he had talked such much about and she certainly wasn't disappointed now that she had seen them properly. She also liked the fact it was so quiet and peaceful even though she had enjoyed listening to the new creature noises it was nice to just not hear anything at all and looked over at Caleb with a smile. She liked that he had taken her suggestion to leave his shirt  unbuttoned as there was nothing worse then being overheated especially as it got more humid and as she set her bag down on the floor she took off her shirt before sitting down. " These are beautiful Caleb and I'm glad I got to see them".

Caleb set his bag down as well. He began rummaging through his bag and pulled out a rope. He also got out a basket and a pair of what looked like long tongs. He then removed his shirt and vest. He ran over, tieing the tongs to the rope and threw it up. He smiled as it sailed over a branch and came back down. He tied his waist to the rope and tied the other end of the rope to the trunk of the tree. "Be ready to catch because I am going to drop some fruit down on you. The berries are bigger than you'd expect." He said as he began to climb the tree.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 16, 2017, 05:03:11 PM

Caleb set his bag down as well. He began rummaging through his bag and pulled out a rope. He also got out a basket and a pair of what looked like long tongs. He then removed his shirt and vest. He ran over, tieing the tongs to the rope and threw it up. He smiled as it sailed over a branch and came back down. He tied his waist to the rope and tied the other end of the rope to the trunk of the tree. "Be ready to catch because I am going to drop some fruit down on you. The berries are bigger than you'd expect." He said as he began to climb the tree.

Katheryn had just been expecting them to just sit and chill under the trees so when he then took off his shirt and vest and got ready to climb up the tree, she couldn't help but be impressed. " Okay I'll be ready wouldn't want any of them to land on me " she replied jokingly, getting up off the ground when he began to climb and got ready to catch whatever he dropped down unsure exactly how big they were going to be but would watch him carefully in case he decided to play another game.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 16, 2017, 05:17:23 PM

Katheryn had just been expecting them to just sit and chill under the trees so when he then took off his shirt and vest and got ready to climb up the tree, she couldn't help but be impressed. " Okay I'll be ready wouldn't want any of them to land on me " she replied jokingly, getting up off the ground when he began to climb and got ready to catch whatever he dropped down unsure exactly how big they were going to be but would watch him carefully in case he decided to play another game.

It took him a moment to climb the tree, but once he reached the top, he smiled. The berries were ripe and ready. He called down to Katheryn to be ready to catch as he used the tongs to pull on one of the fruits. It hurdled down and she caught it. It was slightly larger than that of a coconut. He popped two more and she caught them. He made his way back down and got out his machete. "Three of these saved a village... However, I never divulged the location of this place. The people I saved almost damned themselves with pollution. I taught them the error of their ways, but I did not want those who could harm this place to have their hands on it,"He said.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 16, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

It took him a moment to climb the tree, but once he reached the top, he smiled. The berries were ripe and ready. He called down to Katheryn to be ready to catch as he used the tongs to pull on one of the fruits. It hurdled down and she caught it. It was slightly larger than that of a coconut. He popped two more and she caught them. He made his way back down and got out his machete. "Three of these saved a village... However, I never divulged the location of this place. The people I saved almost damned themselves with pollution. I taught them the error of their ways, but I did not want those who could harm this place to have their hands on it,"He said.

Catching the berries had been easy enough once she got used to the size of them and had never seen anything like it before until now and as Caleb climbed back down and took out his machete she couldn't help but reminded of some kind of old fashioned explorer and grinned at the thought. Wanting to make some quip but listened to him instead when he spoke about how he saved the village and those who lived there and again was impressed. " I must say I'm impressed Doctor Jungle " she said looking over at him.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 16, 2017, 05:54:44 PM

Catching the berries had been easy enough once she got used to the size of them and had never seen anything like it before until now and as Caleb climbed back down and took out his machete she couldn't help but reminded of some kind of old fashioned explorer and grinned at the thought. Wanting to make some quip but listened to him instead when he spoke about how he saved the village and those who lived there and again was impressed. " I must say I'm impressed Doctor Jungle " she said looking over at him.

Caleb smiled as he got out two unique looking straws from his backpack. He then used the machete to drill a hole in two of the fruits and he placed the straws in the holes."The juice tastes just as good as the meat of the fruit. It get's the flavors from the acid in the soil and partially the rain. The tree filters out the toxins and what's left is consumable by humanoids like ourselves," He said sitting down next to her and handing her the fruit. "I carved the straws myself. I like to use them on special occasions like this." Though he had told her a few medicinal qualities about the fruit, he did not mention that to certain palates it acted as an aphrodisiac. He held up the fruit and they toasted to the moment before they both took a sip. The all too familiar flavor hit his palate and he smiled. There was an earthy tone cut by the sweet yet bitter taste of the juice. There was a bit of an acidic aftertaste, but it was smooth to drink. 

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 16, 2017, 06:07:32 PM

Caleb smiled as he got out two unique looking straws from his backpack. He then used the machete to drill a hole in two of the fruits and he placed the straws in the holes."The juice tastes just as good as the meat of the fruit. It get's the flavors from the acid in the soil and partially the rain. The tree filters out the toxins and what's left is consumable by humanoids like ourselves," He said sitting down next to her and handing her the fruit. "I carved the straws myself. I like to use them on special occasions like this." Though he had told her a few medicinal qualities about the fruit, he did not mention that to certain palates it acted as an aphrodisiac. He held up the fruit and they toasted to the moment before they both took a sip. The all too familiar flavor hit his palate and he smiled. There was an earthy tone cut by the sweet yet bitter taste of the juice. There was a bit of an acidic aftertaste, but it was smooth to drink.

Katheryn simply listened to his explanation about the fruit, watching as he quickly cut holes in them with machete, smiling when he mentioned the straws and how he saves them for a special occasion before accepting the fruit he handed to her. Toasting with him before taking a sip and it was certainly different to what she was used to but delicious and refreshing at the same time despite the slight acidic aftertaste. However the more she drank the more happier she seemed to be especially when she looked over at Caleb "Mmm it's good I like it " she said putting it down and leaning back a little suggestively feeling content.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 16, 2017, 06:22:10 PM

Katheryn simply listened to his explanation about the fruit, watching as he quickly cut holes in them with machete, smiling when he mentioned the straws and how he saves them for a special occasion before accepting the fruit he handed to her. Toasting with him before taking a sip and it was certainly different to what she was used to but delicious and refreshing at the same time despite the slight acidic aftertaste. However the more she drank the more happier she seemed to be especially when she looked over at Caleb "Mmm it's good I like it " she said putting it down and leaning back a little suggestively feeling content.

Caleb gulped a bit at that. It seemed like it was working on her at least to some extent. He would need to keep that in the back of his mind for later as it also had a bit of an effect on him. "I wish I could have grown a smaller version of this to take with me, but it wouldn't thrive. This is the perfect environment for it. Oh and one fruit will do you for now until you get used to its qualities. In some palates it can act as an aphrodisiac," he said casually and then immediately covered his mouth with a bit of a blush.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 16, 2017, 06:37:19 PM

Caleb gulped a bit at that. It seemed like it was working on her at least to some extent. He would need to keep that in the back of his mind for later as it also had a bit of an effect on him. "I wish I could have grown a smaller version of this to take with me, but it wouldn't thrive. This is the perfect environment for it. Oh and one fruit will do you for now until you get used to its qualities. In some palates it can act as an aphrodisiac," he said casually and then immediately covered his mouth with a bit of a blush.

Katheryn bit her lip when he looked over at her and studied him for a moment as he spoke agreeing with him about the one fruit for now until he let slip about it acting as an aphrodisiac and grinned at him. " Mm well Doctor Jungle " she replied looking at him with a playful grin " good job you told me because its certainly affected me" she said. To Kat it didn't matter at the moment the fruit affecting her the way it did and she was enjoying herself too much to really care and aimed to continue doing that.

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.