The Grand Reunion (open to returning players and others)

Started by Kirok, April 01, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevoc

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on April 04, 2017, 06:55:39 AM

[Observation Lounge]

T'Ra didn't doubt that Zuriel was much more at ease in his dress uniform than what he had worn all those years ago for their crazy shenanigans. But the memory made her smile, and Evan bellowed with laughter at the thought. "I think I like this guy," he told T'Ra. "Seems like a lot of fun."

"Knowing you," T'Ra added, "I'm having a little trouble believing you've kept yourself out of trouble all this time, but I suppose becoming a father and husband changes your perspective on life." She could feel Evan's eyes on her, but she did not have to look at him to know what he was thinking. After their encounter with Sloan it was clear that he wanted children, but they hadn't even set a day for the wedding. Soon, probably. Evan had been patient long enough, and she was not one to deny him. "What field is she studying?" T'Ra asked, changing the subject back to his daughter Avi. "I'm sure the twins must have been a handful."

[Observation Lounge]

Being on a starbase, T'Ra was hyper-aware of the bustling crowd as it ebbed and flowed, marking each new arrival as friend or foe. She knew she was safe and among her companions, but she still struggled to keep the wheels from spinning in her head. Until she spotted another familiar face.

"Na'shaya, Mr. Sevoc," she called out, beckoning to the fellow Vulcan and friend. It gladdened her to see him one more time before he left for his new posting on the Challenger. She would miss him dearly. Despite the short time they had served together, she felt they had grown close, a relationship enhanced in part by the mind melds. But also, she would miss their ability to work together, in tandem with one another. There would be a completely different atmosphere in the science labs with his departure.

"I hope you'll join me when Hawke drags me up on Á¢â,¬Ëœstage' to explain the transwarp conduit," T'Ra added. "After all, you had just as much a part to play in this as I." She paused a moment to collect her thoughts, not sure what to say yet. "Captain Warring is getting a fine science officer."

Realizing she had forgotten something, she made the introductions. "Sevoc, this is an old friend of mine from my days fresh out of the academy." And to Zuriel, she added, "This is Sevoc, my best science officer. He's been snagged for the new ship they're rolling out."

(Observation Lounge)

"Na'shaya, T'Ra," Sevoc replied in kind. "It would be most agreeable to join you on stage if you feel the need."

He turned to Zuriel and responded.

"It is agreeable to meet you, sir," he said confidently. "I am not sure how much has been disclosed, but I am not as fine an officer as T'Ra here. No matter what she may say."

His tone was that of modesty. He was always reluctant of any praise heaped on him. Even more so after the incident.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 08:19:14 PM

"That sounds amazing. I also remember the amazing hot springs there too. Thank goodness us locals kept it on the down low or it would have been destroyed by tourists I'll tell you," Caleb said .

" It is and I miss it sometimes " she answered honestly thinking of home and normally she wasn't one to feel homesick but occasionally it hit her hard until she had found solace in a holodeck program that she created to deal with it. She also knew what he meant when he then mentioned the hot springs and how they would of been destroyed if the tourists found out about them but had been lucky enough not to experience too much of that until she moved to America. " I know what you mean we often had our own little hideaways and special spots although there wasn't that much tourism where I lived, I only really experienced that when we moved".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 04, 2017, 10:08:44 AM

" It is and I miss it sometimes " she answered honestly thinking of home and normally she wasn't one to feel homesick but occasionally it hit her hard until she had found solace in a holodeck program that she created to deal with it. She also knew what he meant when he then mentioned the hot springs and how they would of been destroyed if the tourists found out about them but had been lucky enough not to experience too much of that until she moved to America. " I know what you mean we often had our own little hideaways and special spots although there wasn't that much tourism where I lived, I only really experienced that when we moved".

"Don't get me wrong some tourists are genuinely nice.They keep to themselves and are curious about the area.While the others, which I've found to be the case most of the time, are as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike,"Caleb said with a slight chuckle.
"So tell me why you wanted to join Starfleet" Caleb asked and then took another sip of his drink.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 04, 2017, 11:25:16 AM

"Don't get me wrong some tourists are genuinely nice.They keep to themselves and are curious about the area.While the others, which I've found to be the case most of the time, are as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike,"Caleb said with a slight chuckle.
"So tell me why you wanted to join Starfleet" Caleb asked and then took another sip of his drink.

Her glass was almost empty but Katheryn could wait for a refill as she was enjoying the conversation with Caleb and gave a small laugh at his comment about the tourists. " Yes I agree some of them can be " she replied before he asked why she wanted to join Starfleet. She thought about it for a moment " I wasn't going too originally but the thought of getting to experience life out here in space started to appeal to me more and when some of my friends signed up and after some encouragement from my parents I did the same".

Academy Commandant

Christian Grix

Quote from: Kirok on April 03, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Observation Deck

Kirok noticed the two familiar faces approaching.  He excused himself from his current conversation.  Then pulled his shift cuffs down, left then right.

"Mr. Black, Ms. Simonova" Kirok said.  He offered the two his customary bow and then returned to his normal position.  "It is quite acceptable that you decided to attend this event.  It is fortunate that you both appear to be well" he added in his typical Vulcan manner.

Quote from: Kirok on April 03, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Observation Deck

Kirok noticed the two familiar faces approaching.  He excused himself from his current conversation.  Then pulled his shift cuffs down, left then right.

"Mr. Black, Ms. Simonova" Kirok said.  He offered the two his customary bow and then returned to his normal position.  "It is quite acceptable that you decided to attend this event.  It is fortunate that you both appear to be well" he added in his typical Vulcan manner.

"It is good to see you to again Admiral and on such happier terms than the last time we spoke". The whole Vulcan emotion thing still made him smile as he had seen many of them snap before even Kirok had let the ice man slip from time to time.

"You of course know Natalya, she took over my old job" he stood back to let Natalya greet the Admiral.

(as Commander Simonova - NPC)

"Zhank you, Steven" she smiled as she stepped forward and offered her hand to the Vulcan " It is wery agreeable to see you again Kirok" she said as she gave him a girlish smile. Many men had made the same mistake with Natalya and assumed because of her looks she got her job, where as she knew how to use those looks and the prejudices and it made her even better at her job.

"It has been far too long Admiwal" She bowed her head in greeting to him.

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 04, 2017, 11:41:14 AM

Her glass was almost empty but Katheryn could wait for a refill as she was enjoying the conversation with Caleb and gave a small laugh at his comment about the tourists. " Yes I agree some of them can be " she replied before he asked why she wanted to join Starfleet. She thought about it for a moment " I wasn't going too originally but the thought of getting to experience life out here in space started to appeal to me more and when some of my friends signed up and after some encouragement from my parents I did the same".

"I joined because j..a friend joined. We went to acdemy together,"Caleb said with a smile. He hesitated for a moment. He had not spoken that name in a while and he didn't know why l. She had been missing for quite some time anyway.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 04, 2017, 05:45:59 PM

"I joined because j..a friend joined. We went to acdemy together,"Caleb said with a smile. He hesitated for a moment. He had not spoken that name in a while and he didn't know why l. She had been missing for quite some time anyway.

Katheryn picked up on his hesitation and how he seemed to be about to mention a name but stopped and she knew what that felt like as she too sometimes did that when speaking to new people and smiled back at him once he had finished. " It sounds like we both did the right thing signing up because of friends and I must admit I've had no regrets " she replied allowing her glass to be refilled again.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 04, 2017, 06:17:07 PM

Katheryn picked up on his hesitation and how he seemed to be about to mention a name but stopped and she knew what that felt like as she too sometimes did that when speaking to new people and smiled back at him once he had finished. " It sounds like we both did the right thing signing up because of friends and I must admit I've had no regrets " she replied allowing her glass to be refilled again.

" I don't have any regrets either. I'm glad I took the plunge, despite the jungle times too. Speaking of that I have something programmed into the holodeck back on the Athena. If you want to see those pink trees I could show you sometime" Caleb said implying it in a friendly fashion. He was surprised he was on yet another drink at this point as it was being refilled.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 04, 2017, 06:21:26 PM

" I don't have any regrets either. I'm glad I took the plunge, despite the jungle times too. Speaking of that I have something programmed into the holodeck back on the Athena. If you want to see those pink trees I could show you sometime" Caleb said implying it in a friendly fashion. He was surprised he was on yet another drink at this point as it was being refilled.

She knew his offer to see the pink trees in the holodeck programme he had created was meant in a friendly way and she smiled before answering him " Me too and yes I would like to see that sometime Caleb " she replied taking another sip of her newly refilled drink. She knew she could handle her alcohol so wasn't worried about drinking too much besides she was too busy talking and wasn't about to go too mad.

Academy Commandant

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: EQ Kimball on April 03, 2017, 12:18:01 AM

[Observation Lounge]

EQ arrived at the party next.  He was dressed in his best uniform.  Proud to wear it and proud to have been involved in the opening of the gateway.

He picked up a drink and walked around for a bit.  His eyes landed on someone he recognized.  "Sir" he said to Dylan.

Dylan turned as a crewman spoke to him. He turned, and almost panicked as he saw a Borg face, but quickly calmed down when he recognized the Uniform. Side affect of being almost assimilated by the Borg, you had a healthy appreciation for fear. He put on a smile and turned to the man fully, who he knew all to well would detect the change in Dylan's vitals, no matter how he tried to play it off. Accelerated heartbeat, tightened muscles...

"Sorry about that, Crewman." He said, trying to apologize. "What can I do for you?" he asked, a very carefree manner about him. "We'll have half the fleet here at this rate."

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 04, 2017, 07:12:16 PM

She knew his offer to see the pink trees in the holodeck programme he had created was meant in a friendly way and she smiled before answering him " Me too and yes I would like to see that sometime Caleb " she replied taking another sip of her newly refilled drink. She knew she could handle her alcohol so wasn't worried about drinking too much besides she was too busy talking and wasn't about to go too mad.

Caleb smiled before he took another sip of his drink. It had been a while since he had a good alcoholic drink among friends.
The transition back had been hard enough without feeling like an outcast but that soon settled once he got back on the Athena. He was glad to have been invited and even more glad he took the risk and decided to go. He just made a new friend and that feeling was something he had not felt in quite some time.
"Cheers to new friendship?" Caleb asked raising his semi-refilled glass.

Kirok

Quote from: Steven Black on April 04, 2017, 12:30:34 PM

"It is good to see you to again Admiral and on such happier terms than the last time we spoke". The whole Vulcan emotion thing still made him smile as he had seen many of them snap before even Kirok had let the ice man slip from time to time.

"You of course know Natalya, she took over my old job" he stood back to let Natalya greet the Admiral.

(as Commander Simonova - NPC)

"Zhank you, Steven" she smiled as she stepped forward and offered her hand to the Vulcan " It is wery agreeable to see you again Kirok" she said as she gave him a girlish smile. Many men had made the same mistake with Natalya and assumed because of her looks she got her job, where as she knew how to use those looks and the prejudices and it made her even better at her job.

"It has been far too long Admiwal" She bowed her head in greeting to him.

[Observation Deck]

Kirok had remarkable memory for facts, events, and a multitude of other things.  But not so much for people he might have met at social gathering such as these.  And he could not quite place when he might have seen Black last.

But then again, he did know that Black was involved in SFI.  And as the newly appointed Director, the half Vulcan had made a point to read up on every single active agent in the field.  But it was possible that Black had met him when disguised, or so Kiork thought.

"Indeed.  That was an interesting time" Kirok replied, deciding not to question the man at this time.  "Of course, I remember Ms. Simonova" he added.

He turned slightly to the woman and bowed.  "It has, indeed.  I hope you are considering returning to Star Fleet" he admitted sincerely.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kirok

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on April 04, 2017, 11:52:09 PM

Dylan turned as a crewman spoke to him. He turned, and almost panicked as he saw a Borg face, but quickly calmed down when he recognized the Uniform. Side affect of being almost assimilated by the Borg, you had a healthy appreciation for fear. He put on a smile and turned to the man fully, who he knew all to well would detect the change in Dylan's vitals, no matter how he tried to play it off. Accelerated heartbeat, tightened muscles...

"Sorry about that, Crewman." He said, trying to apologize. "What can I do for you?" he asked, a very carefree manner about him. "We'll have half the fleet here at this rate."

[Observation Deck]

EQ had served with Dylan on the Valour.  So Kimball was a bit confused the the XO did not recognize him.  Or maybe he was simply doing as instructed and never talking about it again.

"I'm EQ Kimball.  Your Dylan Torngate, right?  I wanted to congratulate you on your promotion" the Liberated Borg said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

James A. Hawke

[Observation Deck]

James entered the Observation Deck for the event.  He felt the doors swish behind him as he wondered around.  The event was a little crowded and he began getting nervous again.  He arrived a little late as he was attending his other duties.

Even though the Shran got credit for the discovery.  In reality it was T'Ra, Sevok, Ardy, Alex and EQ that did most of the work.  They were all instrumental in this discovery that changed the Alpha Quadrant.  He was a little nervous and prepared a speech in the event that the Admiral requested him to say a few words or explain the important of the discovery.

As he wore his Starfleet Dress white, he looked around the area.  He was looking to his former shuttle craft crew.  If anything this moment belonged to them too.  James felt a little  overwhelmed by the by the top Starfleet brass and appreciative of Admiral Kirok backing his decision.  There was a moment that he was tempted to close the gateway.

A waitress stopped him and inquired "Would you like some, Commander?"  James observed the flutes of Champaign on her tray table.  He picked up a flute of Champaign and responded "Thank you"  with a slight bow.

As he walked in the room he looked at the people around.  He noticed that T'ra and Sevok were already in close proximity.  He also observed as EQ was on the distance talking to Dylan.   Take took  small sip from his Champaign and looked around.

He walked near the front stage and took a deep breath.  He was alone thinking to himself...he hope that the decision he made was the right one.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: EQ Kimball on April 05, 2017, 12:21:09 AM

[Observation Deck]

EQ had served with Dylan on the Valour.  So Kimball was a bit confused the the XO did not recognize him.  Or maybe he was simply doing as instructed and never talking about it again.

"I'm EQ Kimball.  Your Dylan Torngate, right?  I wanted to congratulate you on your promotion" the Liberated Borg said.

[Observation Deck]

Dylan frowned. He'd never served with this officer. However, the man seemed to know quite a bit about him. Was there something he was missing?

He spoke, a frown on his face. "I'm sorry Crewman, but I do not believe we have been introduced before. And yes, my name is Dylan Torngate." he said, a polite smile on his face. "Thank you." he said in response to the man's congratulations. While only in title and not rank, it was a promotion nonetheless.

"Your name is not familiar to me. Where is it you think we have met before?" he asked, genuinely curious.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.