The Grand Reunion (open to returning players and others)

Started by Kirok, April 01, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 07:14:23 PM

Again hearing him talk about the foxes and sharing the berries with them reminded her of home and the wolves that would often venture across the woods at the back of her parents home and she felt homesick for a brief moment shaking it away as she took another drink before answering him. " I understand where your coming from until I came out here, I didn't think it was possible to fully appreciate it all and I'm looking forward to learning more".

"As am I... So tell me more about yourself." Caleb said with a smile. He felt he was being a bit too much about himself. However, he was glad to be warming up to someone there. Though he had a handful of people he could call "friends" back on the ship, it was nice to get to know someone else.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 07:27:59 PM

"As am I... So tell me more about yourself." Caleb said with a smile. He felt he was being a bit too much about himself. However, he was glad to be warming up to someone there. Though he had a handful of people he could call "friends" back on the ship, it was nice to get to know someone else.

"Where to start " she replied with a small chuckle it wasn't as if she was embarrassed talking about herself she just never really got to know anyone long enough or felt comfortable enough to share. Until now she had only ever opened up and talked about everything with Steven but since Caleb had spoken about himself it was only fair that she did. " I'm originally from a small town in Norway, moved to San Francisco when I was 14, pretty normal childhood then eventually signed up for the Academy and after a few not so adventurous assignments ended up here" she said pausing only to take another drink before looking at Caleb " What about yourself ?".

Academy Commandant

Dylan Torngate

[Starbase Observation Deck]

When one receives an invite from an Admiral to attend an event, one does not refuse. One makes the time. No questions asked. Dylan had accordingly arrived fresh of the Athena in dress whites, and was wandering around the deck. He'd recently had to have his uniform altered, from his usual colour of Yellow from Engineering to his new job- XO of a Starship. Therefore, his normally gold threads were red and, in Dylan's mind, not quite as comfortable.

His rank insignia had stayed the same, thankfully. Anything more might screw with his mind way too much. To Dylan, he was still the lonely little Engineer from a freighter, an Ensign in the storm. Regardless, he now had to put on a show of knowing what he was doing. He knew his ship, but as of now he didn't even know his commanding officer.

He entered the room, and saw the Admiral, and a handful of faces from the Athena. Most notable were Brighton and Carter, both from his former home. His stuff had already been shipped off and Dylan was sure his quarters were already occupied.

Seeing the Admiral engaged by another familiar face, Mister Waring, and decided not to bother the pair. For now, he simply wandered around the bay, picking up a drink of some variety and sipping it as he observed the crowd.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

"Where to start " she replied with a small chuckle it wasn't as if she was embarrassed talking about herself she just never really got to know anyone long enough or felt comfortable enough to share. Until now she had only ever opened up and talked about everything with Steven but since Caleb had spoken about himself it was only fair that she did. " I'm originally from a small town in Norway, moved to San Francisco when I was 14, pretty normal childhood then eventually signed up for the Academy and after a few not so adventurous assignments ended up here" she said pausing only to take another drink before looking at Caleb " What about yourself ?".

" Well... as you can tell by the really silly accent I have that I am from Australia. My parents were in Starfleet and unfortunately passed away just a little before I joined Starfleet myself... It's a long story, but that's the short of it. I could bore you later with the details of pre jungle adventures if you'd like " Caleb said with a chuckle. He took took a sip of his drink.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 08:28:27 PM

" Well... as you can tell by the really silly accent I have that I am from Australia. My parents were in Starfleet and unfortunately passed away just a little before I joined Starfleet myself... It's a long story, but that's the short of it. I could bore you later with the details of pre jungle adventures if you'd like " Caleb said with a chuckle. He took took a sip of his drink.

She knew how difficult it was to open up and didn't blame him for telling her the short version and could only imagine what he had gone through. She smiled when he offered to tell her about his pre jungle adventures and looked at him again before replying. " I wouldn't call it silly you should hear me speak full Norwegian " she replied realizing that she missed being able to speak her native tongue but over the years she adapted to her new surroundings and only a small lilt remained when she spoke. " I'm sorry to hear about your parents and yes I would like to hear about them sometime" she said meaning it. She wasn't looking for romance or anything preferring to stay single but she had least made a new friend and didn't mind hearing more about him.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 08:38:46 PM

She knew how difficult it was to open up and didn't blame him for telling her the short version and could only imagine what he had gone through. She smiled when he offered to tell her about his pre jungle adventures and looked at him again before replying. " I wouldn't call it silly you should hear me speak full Norwegian " she replied realizing that she missed being able to speak her native tongue but over the years she adapted to her new surroundings and only a small lilt remained when she spoke. " I'm sorry to hear about your parents and yes I would like to hear about them sometime" she said meaning it. She wasn't looking for romance or anything preferring to stay single but she had least made a new friend and didn't mind hearing more about him.

"I warn yah.. I can tell a mean story once I get going. In exchange maybe you can teach me some Norwgian? Caleb asked. It was finally nice to be able to make a friend. With the harsh realities of the life now past him, he had to force himself to try and use this new slate to make some friends. Talking with Katheryn came easy. Maybe making some new friends and this fresh start was looking up.

Kirok

Quote from: William Waring on April 02, 2017, 02:24:23 AM

[SB Observation Deck]

Will never was one to attend social gatherings as he much preferred to do his duties as an Officer of the Fleet instead. Yet he decided to attend this particular event because of the occasion it was built around, the Delta Gateway.

He was swamped with 'Sir' or 'Captain' or even 'Commander', his proper rank, during his walk to the shindig. It didn't like being addressed by rank and certainly didn't like being called 'Sir'. It always made him feel old which was something he never planned on getting around to.

Finally he was here, inside the Observation Deck and immediately spotted the Vulcan who he knew had to be Admiral Kirok. "Admiral Kirok" Will said standing straighter then usual, an action he hadn't done since the Academy.

Quote from: Ariste Stark on April 02, 2017, 03:14:24 AM

Ariste was a Stark. She came from a family of wealthy, renowned inventors, who attending meetings and parties almost daily. So anyone who invited a Stark to their gathering should know ahead of time what they were getting themself into.
Of course, she was a Starfleet officer now, she couldn't be quite so.... expressive. She'd scare the guests. But she would bring enough flair to the party to make up for Kirok's Vulcan-ness.

The Engineering officer wore a dressed-up version of her usual outfit, and had her hair pulled up in a loosely fancy up-do, and wore some makeup, was quite rare to see on her. And of course, she wore the same cheerful grin that could light up the room.
Striding in, she glanced around to see who had arrived ahead of her. Eyes gravitating towards the host, she wandered over, deciding to say hello to someone she knew first.

"Aye Admiral!" she greeted, before glancing over towards the man standing on the other side of Kirok. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything." Holding her hand out to William, she flashed him a little brighter of a grin in acknowledgement. "Ensign Aristotle Stark, although I go by Ariste," she commented, leaving it up to him which title he referred to her as.

[Observation Lounge]

Kirok offered a slight bow to Mr. Waring.  "Commander.  Congratulations on your recent promotion" Kirok said after completing the bow.

"Ms. Stark" Kirok replied.  Again with a small bow.  "You are not intruding at all" he added.

Quote from: Ariste Stark on April 02, 2017, 03:14:24 AM

Ariste was a Stark. She came from a family of wealthy, renowned inventors, who attending meetings and parties almost daily. So anyone who invited a Stark to their gathering should know ahead of time what they were getting themself into.
Of course, she was a Starfleet officer now, she couldn't be quite so.... expressive. She'd scare the guests. But she would bring enough flair to the party to make up for Kirok's Vulcan-ness.

The Engineering officer wore a dressed-up version of her usual outfit, and had her hair pulled up in a loosely fancy up-do, and wore some makeup, was quite rare to see on her. And of course, she wore the same cheerful grin that could light up the room.
Striding in, she glanced around to see who had arrived ahead of her. Eyes gravitating towards the host, she wandered over, deciding to say hello to someone she knew first.

"Aye Admiral!" she greeted, before glancing over towards the man standing on the other side of Kirok. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything." Holding her hand out to William, she flashed him a little brighter of a grin in acknowledgement. "Ensign Aristotle Stark, although I go by Ariste," she commented, leaving it up to him which title he referred to her as.

[Observation Lounge]

Kirok offered a nod to T'Ra and Even when he saw them.  Of all the people to arrive, he was most content to see T'Ra.  Partially so that she could explain how the gateway worked, but also because she was one of his oldest friends.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kirok

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on April 02, 2017, 07:45:05 PM

When one receives an invite from an Admiral to attend an event, one does not refuse. One makes the time. No questions asked. Dylan had accordingly arrived fresh of the Athena in dress whites, and was wandering around the deck. He'd recently had to have his uniform altered, from his usual colour of Yellow from Engineering to his new job- XO of a Starship. Therefore, his normally gold threads were red and, in Dylan's mind, not quite as comfortable.

His rank insignia had stayed the same, thankfully. Anything more might screw with his mind way too much. To Dylan, he was still the lonely little Engineer from a freighter, an Ensign in the storm. Regardless, he now had to put on a show of knowing what he was doing. He knew his ship, but as of now he didn't even know his commanding officer.

He entered the room, and saw the Admiral, and a handful of faces from the Athena. Most notable were Brighton and Carter, both from his former home. His stuff had already been shipped off and Dylan was sure his quarters were already occupied.

Seeing the Admiral engaged by another familiar face, Mister Waring, and decided not to bother the pair. For now, he simply wandered around the bay, picking up a drink of some variety and sipping it as he observed the crowd.

[Observation Lounge]

EQ arrived at the party next.  He was dressed in his best uniform.  Proud to wear it and proud to have been involved in the opening of the gateway.

He picked up a drink and walked around for a bit.  His eyes landed on someone he recognized.  "Sir" he said to Dylan.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on April 02, 2017, 06:33:52 AM

[Starbase Columbus]

If it hadn't been Kirok, T'Ra probably wouldn't have responded to the invitation. She wasn't terribly fond of starbases, too many people coming and going. Old memories were hard to forget, and just the thought made her skin tingle. But soon her skin was tingling for a completely different sort of reason. "Find any old friends yet, Schatz?" Evan asked, slipping an arm around her waist.

T'Ra shook her head. She had briefly seen Kirok, but he was now engaged in a discussion with two people she knew by face only. "Just you," she replied, the corners of her mouth turning ever so slightly upwards in an imperceptible smile.

[Observation Deck]
Zuriel had never seen someone so excited to go to a formal occasion than his wife Talia, she had been in a big fuss since the invitation had been delivered, replication what Zuriel thought had to have been at least a hundred dresses and turning them all down. The women finally landed on a dress choice she felt was formal but still was of El-Aurian standards. Zuriel had a much easier time of it to be frank, he simply made sure his dress uniform was immaculate, and his hair was acceptable and within regulations, so naturally he just wore it out.

Zuriel made his way into the room with his wife on his arm, as the El-Aurian looked around he could spot so many faces of people he had served with, some of them had not changed a bit others simply looked more tested, the bright hopefulness of being an ensign replaced with the confidence of a tested senior officer, it made Zuriel smile. "Well you are awfully confident right now, public gathering used to frighten you." Talia said hugging her husband's arm a little closer.
"Many of these people are my friends, there is nothing to fear here." Zuriel said almost seeing some of the past moments he had had with some of these people.

"Well that just won't do, we have to fix that if there is any fun to be had tonight. The women leaned in as Zuriel had taken two glasses of champagne and passed her one. "I'm pregnant." Zuriel's eyes widened, Tali clinked her glass off his and took a drink. "That more like it." Talia said. Zuriel was staring at her openly surprised. "So who do you want to greet first?" Talia asked looking the around the room herself.

"T'ra, it has been a very long time since we both served together in the USS Churchill." Zuriel tried to shake the most recent news off as he led the way across the room to his old friend T'ra. "Commander T'ra, it is very good to see you again, you look so well." Zuriel said brightly.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Kirok on April 02, 2017, 11:57:16 PM

[Observation Lounge]

Kirok offered a nod to T'Ra and Even when he saw them.  Of all the people to arrive, he was most content to see T'Ra.  Partially so that she could explain how the gateway worked, but also because she was one of his oldest friends.

[Observation Lounge]

Evan at her side, T'Ra continued to scan the gathering crowd, searching for any familiar faces. Her gaze drifted briefly back over Kirok, catching a nod from him in her direction, and she dipped her head briefly in reply. No doubt he would wish her to discuss their findings on the transwarp conduit, but for now he seemed content to let things be.

Still, the thought was enough to prod her, causing her to tug unconsciously on the hem of her dress shirt, a brow arched slightly in disdain. Normally she was loathe to wear such, preferring to stick with her normal, everyday uniform. But as the senior science officer of the away team, the situation demanded otherwise. She felt about just as conspicuous as if she was wearing red. But at least Evan was in his dress blues as well, making her feel a little less out of place.

Quote from: Zuriel Soreka on April 03, 2017, 04:09:16 AM

"Well that just won't do, we have to fix that if there is any fun to be had tonight. The women leaned in as Zuriel had taken two glasses of champagne and passed her one. "I'm pregnant." Zuriel's eyes widened, Tali clinked her glass off his and took a drink. "That more like it." Talia said. Zuriel was staring at her openly surprised. "So who do you want to greet first?" Talia asked looking the around the room herself.

"T'Ra. It has been a very long time since we both served together in the USS Churchill." Zuriel tried to shake the most recent news off as he led the way across the room to his old friend T'Ra. "Commander T'Ra, it is very good to see you again, you look so well." Zuriel said brightly.

As intriguing as it was to observe the others interacting, T'Ra was beginning to get her fill of people watching. After a while, the patterns became striking. Many passed around, a glass in one hand while the other hand motioned enthusiastically, filling the air with waves of excitement that made it unnecessary to listen to them talk to get the gist of the conversation.

Evan sensed her unease, making ready to suggest an expedition to interrogate the buffet table when they were approached by a man in red with a beautiful woman dangling on his arm.

"Zuriel!" T'Ra exclaimed, offering a rare smile to her old friend, a man she had known almost as long as she had Evan. "Na'shaya. It's been far too long, old friend. Zuriel and I served together on the Churchill after graduating from the Academy." Addressing her old friend, she added, "And this is Evan, my--"

"Fiancé," Evan interjected, having no qualms about jumping right into a conversation. He offered a hand to Zuriel and a bow to the lady. "Pleasure to meet you both."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 09:23:06 PM

"I warn yah.. I can tell a mean story once I get going. In exchange maybe you can teach me some Norwgian? Caleb asked. It was finally nice to be able to make a friend. With the harsh realities of the life now past him, he had to force himself to try and use this new slate to make some friends. Talking with Katheryn came easy. Maybe making some new friends and this fresh start was looking up.

Katheryn had never really taught anyone her native language before but wasn't going to refuse the offer of listening to his stories in exchange for teaching him a few words and phrases. It would be hypocritical of her if she did especially in her new quest to be more open and friendly instead of how she used to be shy and preferring to stay hidden away. " Sounds good to me Caleb and you have a deal " she replied as a waiter appeared and topped up her glass. She thanked him and took another sip still feeling more comfortable than she had in a long time.

Academy Commandant

Kinley Garrison

[Observation deck]

Kinley stood awkwardly by the window of the observation deck watching her fellow officers chat and socialize. . Even though she knew a good portion of them in some form or another, she still was not much of a fan of social events such as this. Grabbing a glass full of sparkling apple cider from the replicator, she milled around the grand concourse of people.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 03, 2017, 10:25:40 AM

Katheryn had never really taught anyone her native language before but wasn't going to refuse the offer of listening to his stories in exchange for teaching him a few words and phrases. It would be hypocritical of her if she did especially in her new quest to be more open and friendly instead of how she used to be shy and preferring to stay hidden away. " Sounds good to me Caleb and you have a deal " she replied as a waiter appeared and topped up her glass. She thanked him and took another sip still feeling more comfortable than she had in a long time.

Caleb too had his drink topped off as the waiter passed. He thanked him before taking another sip to collect his thoughts. There was a bittersweet happiness he felt in that moment, but overwhelmingly the happiness took over from making a new friend.
"The last time I was in a observation deck this nice was when I was at a symposium for a medical meeting of the minds during my time at academy." Caleb said.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 03, 2017, 01:03:40 PM

Caleb too had his drink topped off as the waiter passed. He thanked him before taking another sip to collect his thoughts. There was a bittersweet happiness he felt in that moment, but overwhelmingly the happiness took over from making a new friend.
"The last time I was in a observation deck this nice was when I was at a symposium for a medical meeting of the minds during my time at academy." Caleb said.

Observation Deck

" I don't think I ever have until now, it was mainly martial arts tournaments for me during the Academy and after graduation some of my first assignments were security detail for various Diplomats and Ambassadors nothing too exciting" she replied thinking how much she had changed since then as she took another drink.

Academy Commandant

Christian Grix

Observation Deck

The Doors glided open with their familiar sound and Steven walked slowly into the room, he had his usual lopsided grin on his face and wore his freshly replicated Tuxedo. He never felt comfortable in a dress uniform and as the invitation had specified formal dress he had decided to wear the tux.

As he entered he turned back to the turbolift and held out his hand for his former deputy Lieutenant Commander Natalya Simonova to join him.

The two of them walked slowly down towards Admiral Kirok and waited for him to finish speaking before they greeted him.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.