The Grand Reunion (open to returning players and others)

Started by Kirok, April 01, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Starbase Observation Deck]

With the discovery of the Delta Gateway, there was cause to celebrate.  And there was no better place to do that at than the Observation Deck on the Columbus.  Where one could see the opening of the Gateway.

Kiork had invited every person he know to attend the celebration.   He hoped they would all attend, but especially those he had known the longest.  So, in his dress uniform, he waited for people to arrive. 

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

William Waring

Quote from: Kirok on April 01, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

With the discovery of the Delta Gateway, there was cause to celebrate.  And there was no better place to do that at than the Observation Deck on the Columbus.  Where one could see the opening of the Gateway.

Kiork had invited every person he know to attend the celebration.   He hoped they would all attend, but especially those he had known the longest.  So, in his dress uniform, he waited for people to arrive.

[SB Observation Deck]

Will never was one to attend social gatherings as he much preferred to do his duties as an Officer of the Fleet instead. Yet he decided to attend this particular event because of the occasion it was built around, the Delta Gateway.

He was swamped with 'Sir' or 'Captain' or even 'Commander', his proper rank, during his walk to the shindig. It didn't like being addressed by rank and certainly didn't like being called 'Sir'. It always made him feel old which was something he never planned on getting around to.

Finally he was here, inside the Observation Deck and immediately spotted the Vulcan who he knew had to be Admiral Kirok. "Admiral Kirok" Will said standing straighter then usual, an action he hadn't done since the Academy.

RESERVED

Ariste Stark

Ariste was a Stark. She came from a family of wealthy, renowned inventors, who attending meetings and parties almost daily. So anyone who invited a Stark to their gathering should know ahead of time what they were getting themself into.
Of course, she was a Starfleet officer now, she couldn't be quite so.... expressive. She'd scare the guests. But she would bring enough flair to the party to make up for Kirok's Vulcan-ness.

The Engineering officer wore a dressed-up version of her usual outfit, and had her hair pulled up in a loosely fancy up-do, and wore some makeup, was quite rare to see on her. And of course, she wore the same cheerful grin that could light up the room.
Striding in, she glanced around to see who had arrived ahead of her. Eyes gravitating towards the host, she wandered over, deciding to say hello to someone she knew first.

"Aye Admiral!" she greeted, before glancing over towards the man standing on the other side of Kirok. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything." Holding her hand out to William, she flashed him a little brighter of a grin in acknowledgement. "Ensign Aristotle Stark, although I go by Ariste," she commented, leaving it up to him which title he referred to her as.

T'Ra Jones

[Starbase Columbus]

If it hadn't been Kirok, T'Ra probably wouldn't have responded to the invitation. She wasn't terribly fond of starbases, too many people coming and going. Old memories were hard to forget, and just the thought made her skin tingle. But soon her skin was tingling for a completely different sort of reason. "Find any old friends yet, Schatz?" Evan asked, slipping an arm around her waist.

T'Ra shook her head. She had briefly seen Kirok, but he was now engaged in a discussion with two people she knew by face only. "Just you," she replied, the corners of her mouth turning ever so slightly upwards in an imperceptible smile.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Katheryn Brighton

Observation Deck

Katheryn wasn't really one for dressing up or attending such events but when you receive an invitation from the Admiral to witness the opening of the Delta Gateway she wasn't about to turn it down. Besides she decided that if she was going to live by her new mantra of enjoying life and experiencing things that were out of her comfort zone then what better to start by making an effort with her choice of outfit and be more sociable. Walking into the room she looked around only recognizing Admiral Kirok among those already there but instead of turning back and leaving she took a deep breath and carried on until she was approached by a waiter and accepted a drink from him. She felt a little self conscious and hoped that someone she knew would appear so she would be more comfortable but for now stood near the main window, drink firmly in her hand as she looked out at the view.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Caleb adjusted his ponytail as he made his way to the observation deck.y When he received the invitation he was surprised, but decided to jump on it. During some of his time away, Caleb did enjoy social gatherings. He adjusted his outfit that he picked up during a rather nice soiree during a medical meeting of the minds. That and the thought of missing the opening of the gateway irked some part of him. He gave a polite hello nod to Admiral Kirok, whom he would properly give greetings to at a moment he was not preoccupied in other private conversations. He had taken a drink himself from the water that was walking around and decided to go over to the main window. His overall curiosity about the gateway overthrew any thoughts of wanting to be social. As he got closer he thought he had seen a fellow crew mate from the Athena. He couldn't say that he had met her formally yet.

"Excuse me miss..You're Leftenant Carter correct on the Athena? I am on that ship as well. I'm Doctor Brighton I am down in Medical" Caleb said once he got close enough to get Katheryn's attention.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 03:58:48 PM

Caleb adjusted his ponytail as he made his way to the observation deck.y When he received the invitation he was surprised, but decided to jump on it. During some of his time away, Caleb did enjoy social gatherings. He adjusted his outfit that he picked up during a rather nice soiree during a medical meeting of the minds. That and the thought of missing the opening of the gateway irked some part of him. He gave a polite hello nod to Admiral Kirok, whom he would properly give greetings to at a moment he was not preoccupied in other private conversations. He had taken a drink himself from the water that was walking around and decided to go over to the main window. His overall curiosity about the gateway overthrew any thoughts of wanting to be social. As he got closer he thought he had seen a fellow crew mate from the Athena. He couldn't say that he had met her formally yet.

"Excuse me miss..You're Leftenant Carter correct on the Athena? I am on that ship as well. I'm Doctor Brighton I am down in Medical" Caleb said once he got close enough to get Katheryn's attention.

Katheryn found herself mesmerized by the stars as she continued to look out realizing that even though she had spent the best part of the last 3 years in space, she hadn't really took the time to fully appreciate where she was until this moment. She couldn't explain why it had suddenly became more apparent now and simply put it down to her finally feeling comfortable and open to new experiences and not be so stubborn and hard on herself all of the time. She knew who was responsible for that and part of her hoped he would be here for the reception but if he wasn't she felt safe enough to cope on her own. However any further thought on her best friend was interrupted when she heard someone mention her name and turned round when he introduced himself, picking up on his Australian accent as he spoke. " I am and pleased to meet you Doctor Brighton " she replied with a friendly smile.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

Katheryn found herself mesmerized by the stars as she continued to look out realizing that even though she had spent the best part of the last 3 years in space, she hadn't really took the time to fully appreciate where she was until this moment. She couldn't explain why it had suddenly became more apparent now and simply put it down to her finally feeling comfortable and open to new experiences and not be so stubborn and hard on herself all of the time. She knew who was responsible for that and part of her hoped he would be here for the reception but if he wasn't she felt safe enough to cope on her own. However any further thought on her best friend was interrupted when she heard someone mention her name and turned round when he introduced himself, picking up on his Australian accent as he spoke. " I am and pleased to meet you Doctor Brighton " she replied with a friendly smile.

"I am pleased to meet you as well," Caleb said returning the smile. " Do you mind if I join you over here to observe for a bit?" Though Caleb was a man of medical science, the normal sciences and even those of the unexplained fascinated him. Even during his small stint of travels, he still found time to find things that took him aback. There was an underlying beauty to the universe and despite the situation he was thrown into many times, he was allowed to experience a lot of it first hand.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 04:24:59 PM

"I am pleased to meet you as well," Caleb said returning the smile. " Do you mind if I join you over here to observe for a bit?" Though Caleb was a man of medical science, the normal sciences and even those of the unexplained fascinated him. Even during his small stint of travels, he still found time to find things that took him aback. There was an underlying beauty to the universe and despite the situation he was thrown into many times, he was allowed to experience a lot of it first hand.

Katheryn smiled again at his reply and was all for making new friends so wouldn't turn his offer to join her down not when she had worked so hard to try to be out of her comfort zone. "No not at all Doctor but since we are off duty please call me Katheryn " she replied politely before taking a sip of her drink. She was slowly beginning to adjust to being here and so far it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 04:36:23 PM

Katheryn smiled again at his reply and was all for making new friends so wouldn't turn his offer to join her down not when she had worked so hard to try to be out of her comfort zone. "No not at all Doctor but since we are off duty please call me Katheryn " she replied politely before taking a sip of her drink. She was slowly beginning to adjust to being here and so far it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

"Alright Katheryn also please call me Caleb," Caleb replied politely with a smile. He moved closer to the windows before he took a sip of his drink. " I tell you the longer I spend out here in the universe, the more it fascinates me. I've seen the best and the worst. Even in the worst I still find things that are amazing." He then pulled out a small, but thick leather bound notebook out of his pocket. He then used one of the tables near the window to sketch what he saw. "Sorry it's a bit of a habit. I like to mark down the things I see when I get a quiet moment to."

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 04:57:06 PM

"Alright Katheryn also please call me Caleb," Caleb replied politely with a smile. He moved closer to the windows before he took a sip of his drink. " I tell you the longer I spend out here in the universe, the more it fascinates me. I've seen the best and the worst. Even in the worst I still find things that are amazing." He then pulled out a small, but thick leather bound notebook out of his pocket. He then used one of the tables near the window to sketch what he saw. "Sorry it's a bit of a habit. I like to mark down the things I see when I get a quiet moment to."

" I will Caleb" she replied as he moved closer to the windows and the way he described the universe she could understand what he meant after her own very recent appreciation for everything that existed out there. Curious as to why he pulled out a notebook until he explained and didn't think anything of it or find it weird in fact smiled at how he liked to spend his quiet moments something that she was still learning to enjoy. " I never really fully appreciated all of this until recently and no need to apologize its a good habit to have " she replied taking another sip of her drink.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 05:08:20 PM

" I will Caleb" she replied as he moved closer to the windows and the way he described the universe she could understand what he meant after her own very recent appreciation for everything that existed out there. Curious as to why he pulled out a notebook until he explained and didn't think anything of it or find it weird in fact smiled at how he liked to spend his quiet moments something that she was still learning to enjoy. " I never really fully appreciated all of this until recently and no need to apologize its a good habit to have " she replied taking another sip of her drink.

Once he was finished he then flipped to an earlier page. "Saw this beauty when I was hiking for some specific berries. This tree produces them and I needed it as an ingredient for a medicine. They are not only tasty, but are great for joint pain." He then showed her the rather large tree. The stem weaved together much like a unkempt crepe myrtle and a group of vines. It's bark was dark and got lighter as it went up the tree. The leaves were odd. The leaves at the top were pink and speckles with hues of blue, red, and orange.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 05:53:02 PM

Once he was finished he then flipped to an earlier page. "Saw this beauty when I was hiking for some specific berries. This tree produces them and I needed it as an ingredient for a medicine. They are not only tasty, but are great for joint pain." He then showed her the rather large tree. The stem weaved together much like a unkempt crepe myrtle and a group of vines. It's bark was dark and got lighter as it went up the tree. The leaves were odd. The leaves at the top were pink and speckles with hues of blue, red, and orange.

Katheryn listened as he showed her the image before looking over, taking in every detail of it. It was unlike anything she had seen before and certainly different to the trees and plants she was used to growing up in Norway. "It's beautiful and I can see why it appealed to you not only for the berries " she replied sincerely. Talking to Caleb seemed as natural as it did when she spoke with Steven and even though they had just met she was finding it easier to relax and be herself for a change and her previous worries seemed to lessen as time went on.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on April 02, 2017, 06:22:46 PM

Katheryn listened as he showed her the image before looking over, taking in every detail of it. It was unlike anything she had seen before and certainly different to the trees and plants she was used to growing up in Norway. "It's beautiful and I can see why it appealed to you not only for the berries " she replied sincerely. Talking to Caleb seemed as natural as it did when she spoke with Steven and even though they had just met she was finding it easier to relax and be herself for a change and her previous worries seemed to lessen as time went on.

"There was a group of foxes trying desperately to get to the berries. luckily I didn't need that many so i was glad to share.This universe may have some crazy, dangerous, and scary places, but I tend to find beauty in those hard to find places," Caleb said with a smile. He was glad to be chatting to Katheryn. Though he wasn't uneasy at social gatherings, he was uneasy about returning to Star Fleet after his time away. The month to get back to "normal" was hard enough let alone his own internal demons telling him otherwise that he was welcomed back.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on April 02, 2017, 06:34:01 PM

"There was a group of foxes trying desperately to get to the berries. luckily I didn't need that many so i was glad to share.This universe may have some crazy, dangerous, and scary places, but I tend to find beauty in those hard to find places," Caleb said with a smile. He was glad to be chatting to Katheryn. Though he wasn't uneasy at social gatherings, he was uneasy about returning to Star Fleet after his time away. The month to get back to "normal" was hard enough let alone his own internal demons telling him otherwise that he was welcomed back.

Again hearing him talk about the foxes and sharing the berries with them reminded her of home and the wolves that would often venture across the woods at the back of her parents home and she felt homesick for a brief moment shaking it away as she took another drink before answering him. " I understand where your coming from until I came out here, I didn't think it was possible to fully appreciate it all and I'm looking forward to learning more".

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.