News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Humans in Trek Are Crazy

Started by Constance Lafayette, April 01, 2017, 07:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance Lafayette

I love this view on humans in Star Trek. It partially explains Dylan.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Jettis Jyur

Honestly,  if this isn't the most accurate depiction of humans I don't know what is.

When other species are asked why their ancestors poured thousands of millions of billions of currency into research for space travel, most would say "we were running out of resources" or "we went plundering for our benefit". Humans jist kinda Á,¯\_(Á£Æ'"ž)_/Á,¯ "this guy who used to rule America was playing a game of chicken with Russia, even though this wouldn't actually benefit him in battle."

"But wouldn't it have been more logical to fake the news as a powerplay and spend the resources on something worthwhile?"

"......huh..."

Naira

It is amazing just how accurate, and funny, that is at the same time.

Race Warez

[

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Klizh

Ever since I read this, I've actually found myself starting to incorporate it into my headcanon.

That and the idea that humans are the most populous species in the Federation, not because of TV show budgets, but because we're one of the most sexual species as well as one of the more proliferate in terms of reproduction.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Klizh on April 05, 2017, 06:41:09 AM

Ever since I read this, I've actually found myself starting to incorporate it into my headcanon.

That and the idea that humans are the most populous species in the Federation, not because of TV show budgets, but because we're one of the most sexual species as well as one of the more proliferate in terms of reproduction.

I could see that or, what I prefer, is that a lot of species are like "Yeah- we are cool to join this Federation thing as political entity but who in their right mind wants to spend their lives on a spaceship doing extremely dangerous things when we basically have a utopia here?"

Humans, on the other hands are like, "Yeah... but ADVENTURE and and and SPACE and and DANGER and and ROMANCE!" so there are a lot of them in Starfleet because they are the species that is inspired by danger.

Klizh

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on April 06, 2017, 07:06:53 PM

I could see that or, what I prefer, is that a lot of species are like "Yeah- we are cool to join this Federation thing as political entity but who in their right mind wants to spend their lives on a spaceship doing extremely dangerous things when we basically have a utopia here?"

Humans, on the other hands are like, "Yeah... but ADVENTURE and and and SPACE and and DANGER and and ROMANCE!" so there are a lot of them in Starfleet because they are the species that is inspired by danger.

Makes sense. Could be a bit of both, too.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Klizh on April 06, 2017, 07:15:34 PM

Makes sense. Could be a bit of both, too.

I like to imagine that the Vulcans are like Humanity's babysitter / nanny who gets paid WAY too much to watch after these horrible little monsters who they secretly love.

Race Warez

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on April 06, 2017, 08:02:27 PM

I like to imagine that the Vulcans are like Humanity's babysitter / nanny who gets paid WAY too much to watch after these horrible little monsters who they secretly love.

Well that is certainly how the Vulcans see us.
[

Kyan Mackenzie

Fala Awen

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on April 05, 2017, 06:45:34 AM

(insanely awesome image of hilarity removed because...space)

This is so accurate.
I saw that before and found it completely hilarious. :D

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Caelene Tam on April 12, 2017, 03:03:37 AM

I saw that before and found it completely hilarious. :D

It gets even better if you say it out loud.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Fala Awen

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on April 12, 2017, 03:05:39 AM

It gets even better if you say it out loud.

:P  Then there's always the times when you try to share something like that with your not as geeky friends and all you get is the blank stare. O.o

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.