Author Topic: S1 - M3: Time Paradox  (Read 16140 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
S1 - M3: Time Paradox
« on: April 01, 2017, 03:33:14 am »
[Year's Ago - Earth Star Fleet Academy]

Kirok sat in a chair in a softly lit room.  He had volunteered to help out a Ship Counselor Cadet with her clinical work.  The Cadet sat across from Kirok now. 

She paged threw her electronic notes on her padd.  "When last we met, you were talking about your relationship with your father.  In fact, you mentioned a song that reminded you of him, correct" she prompted without looking up from her padd.

"That is correct.  Last Saturday, I was off campus at a local eatery with my roommate.  He deposited some coins into a machine he called a jukebox and it began to produce music.  The time was 5:32 PM.  Pacific Standard Time" the half Vulcan said, trying his hand at non stardate terminology.

"The first song was 'Cats in The Cradle' by Harry Chapin.   In listening to the lyrics, it seemed as if Mr. Chapin knew me personally.  His song quite correctly and literally described my relationship with my father" Kirok added.

"As a Vulcan, I have suppressed my base emotions.  As such, I do not feel sad that my relationship with my father was consistently put on hold so that he could pursue his career.  And I do not feel sad that I, now that I am older, will likely put my career ahead of my relationship with him as the song says" he explained. 

"But from an intellectual point of view, I acknowledge that our relationship was significantly different than most Vulcan fathers and sons.  We were not close.  We never shared a mind meld" Kirok admitted.

He drew in a short breath and then released it.  He looked at Cadet and tilted his head slightly, hoping it was time to end.  To his dismay, the ending timer did not go off and she did not break the silence.

"And now, I have been working to suppress the feeling of deep and unending regret.  It is like a hollowness or void inside of me that has been there since childhood.  It is a constant reminded of all the times I should have gone out to work with my father instead of focusing on my studies at home" he added reluctantly.

"And now that I am faced with this reality, I am fully aware that I am unable to do anything to get that lost time back,   Or change my relationship with him in any meaningful way.  And that is quite unfortunate and unsettling" Kirok finished before dropping his eyes to the floor and waiting out the clock.

[Present Day - Bridge of the Shran]

"Helm, please bring us out of warp at the meeting coordinates.  Sec/Tac please start scans of the area.  Ops distribute power as needed" Kirok said for the central seat.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:28:37 am by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - M3: Time Paradox
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:24:16 am »
[Bridge]

Manning the helm, Ardyn took a look at the screen. The lights of the distant nebulae and galaxies was still stunning, no matter how long she had been in space. For once, since the Shran encountered the gateway to the Delta quadrant, it was relatively quiet on the bridge. Only the low hum of voices on the background and the pinging of various sensors broke the silence. Knowing the sheer amount of disaster the Shran had already encountered within it's first couple months, she didn't expect the quiet to last very long. So for now, she enjoyed it.

"Helm, please bring us out of warp at the meeting coordinates.  Sec/Tac please start scans of the area.  Ops distribute power as needed" Kirok said for the central seat.

" Got it, sir. Headed to mark 543. We'll be reaching it within a few minutes. "

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:32:10 am »
[Personal Quarters - USS Shran]

In her dreams she wandered aimlessly through what seemed to be an abandoned starbase, completely void of any other souls besides her own. But suddenly, without fail, the scene would change. T'Ra would find herself trapped in a jefferies tube, and how wrong she was. In the distance she could hear them coming, clanging like malevolent spirits as they raced through the tubes towards her.

T'Ra awoke in a cold sweat, her chest tightening and her heart quivering from the chase. Eyes wide, she could see where she was, but still in a bit of a dream state, she did not know where she was. The ceiling above was familiar to her, and she could hear sheets rustling against her skin. Slowly, her senses came to, and she remembered where she was, in her own personal living quarters aboard the Shran His voice, low and smooth, reverberated throughout the room, and T'Ra found comfort in this, closing her eyes and feeling his warmth. Evan stroked her raven black hair as he sang, his other hand rising and falling as her breath slowed and she fell asleep.

[Bridge - Several Hours Later]

T'Ra blinked, realizing she had been staring at her screen for several moments without truly taking in any of the information. They had collected an incredible amount of data in a short amount of time after opening what appeared to be a portal to the delta quadrant. To think that they had deviated to investigate some anomalous readings, and this was the result. The universe never ceased to fascinate her. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:33:41 am by T'Ra Jones »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:57:47 pm »

[Bridge]

"Aye, Sir" EQ replied.  He was standing just a bit taller today.  A bit more proud and confident.

And it showed.  Helping to establish what some had started calling the 'Delta Gateway felt good.  Hell if felt like he was finally back on the path he has started down before the Borg had abducted him.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 11:27:42 pm »

The Counselor in Training looked up from her padd.  Surprisingly, she had managed to get the Vulcan to open up.  Apparently about something that bothered Kirok deeply.

She tried to suppress a smile.  Knowing that if she could get him to cry she would be assured the ever elusive 'A+' for the class.  So she bit her lip instead and looked down at her notes. 

"Being half Betazoid and having been partially raised by your loving Betazoid Grandparent must have made that especially hard for you?  Especially in the wake of your Grandfathers death?  And the stark contrast between him and your father?" she prompted, intentionally whispering the last sentence.     

Kirok could not help but be drawn back into the conversation.  He had loved his Grandparents.  And the whisper had naturally caused him to lean forward and look up.

"I think that would be a correct assessment.  My Grandparents were always available to me.  My Grandfather taught me how to fish" Kirok replied.

"Where as my father could best be describe as distant.  Unavailable even.  Just as the song indicates" he added
, again referring to 'Cats in The Cradel.'

"So, perhaps my Betazoid upbringing did cause me to create certain expectations about what relationship should be like.  Expectations that my father, as a Vulcan, could never possibly ever achieve.  Thank you for helping me see that" the half Vulcan said.

[Bridge]

Manning the helm, Ardyn took a look at the screen. The lights of the distant nebulae and galaxies was still stunning, no matter how long she had been in space. For once, since the Shran encountered the gateway to the Delta quadrant, it was relatively quiet on the bridge. Only the low hum of voices on the background and the pinging of various sensors broke the silence. Knowing the sheer amount of disaster the Shran had already encountered within it's first couple months, she didn't expect the quiet to last very long. So for now, she enjoyed it.

" Got it, sir. Headed to mark 543. We'll be reaching it within a few minutes. "

"Thank you, Ms. Jaeger.  Please alert me when we drop from warp" Kirok said.  Then he turned to Ms. Jones.

[Bridge]

T'Ra blinked, realizing she had been staring at her screen for several moments without truly taking in any of the information. They had collected an incredible amount of data in a short amount of time after opening what appeared to be a portal to the delta quadrant. To think that they had deviated to investigate some anomalous readings, and this was the result. The universe never ceased to fascinate her. 

[Bridge]

"Thank you again for helping out with the Away Mission.  Your find was extraordinary.  In fact, it is the first scientific discovery to peek my interest in quite some.  A great diversion from the business at hand" Kirok said. 

"But, is anything showing on scans?  It is odd that Casas has not responded to our hales.  Especially after demanding our prompt arrival" the half Vulcan added.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:45:50 pm by Kirok »

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 02:52:27 am »

[Bridge]

Ariste had been running around with the last of repairs, keeping herself busy instead of sitting down in Engineering and letting others take care of it. The Shran was lucky their last little fiasco hadn't piled onto the damage already done. Only when it was her shift did she skip onto the Bridge, with the same cheery demeanor she usually held. If nobody else was going to be the optimistic one around here, then hell, she would be it.

"G'daye Admiral!" She chirped, turning to Kirok and standing to attention. "Everything's all good down in Engineering - Warp core is stable, Engines are running at 92% efficiency, but I should 'opefully be able to boost that soon. We have full warp capabilities and any discrepancies should be ironed out. I just fig'ured I'd monitor it from up here when we meet the Vice Admiral," she reported. She had turned to head to her station, before something else occurred to her. "Oh, and the remaining crew of the Nemesis were assisted to either sickbay, or appropriate quarters, depending on the severity of their injuries. Like you asked sir," She tacked on With that out of the way, she glided over to the Engineering station as she had said, nodding to EQ as she passed. Poking the screen of the engineering panel, watching it come to life and show her the readings of the ship. As she expected, everything was within regulation, and as far as she was concerned she could sit back and relax until something was needed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:54:37 am by Ariste Stark »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:19:27 am »
[Bridge]

"Thank you again for helping out with the Away Mission.  Your find was extraordinary.  In fact, it is the first scientific discovery to peek my interest in quite some time.  A great diversion from the business at hand," Kirok said. 

"But, is anything showing on scans?  It is odd that Casas has not responded to our hales.  Especially after demanding our prompt arrival," the half Vulcan added.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Jor Garan

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 10:15:16 pm »
The ship was reaching the defined meetingpoint. While the entire crew, in the meantime of the warp speed ongoing, was reflecting about the meaning of a gate to Delta Quadrants, Jor was trying to mentally enter in his role of scientific officer aboard a starship.

He was in the bridge, near the Scientific station. T'Ra was talking with Admiral Kirok and Jor was waiting that his superior office may return to the station, just to find a talkative way to introduce himself and, evermore, to apply himself in his new job.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:02:16 pm »

The Counseling Cadet cringed when her questions did not elicit the desired response.  She could feel her 'A+' slipping threw her fingers.   "But what if your father was going to die?  How would that affect you?  What would you say to him?" she blurted out desperately.

Kirok's right eyebrow arched slightly.  Never in his life had he been faced with such an emotionally charged question.  'Forced' to contemplate something so extremely personal in a public and recorded setting.

He was silent for a long moment.  He held his breath while trying to figure out how to best answer this new string of questions.  He swallowed hard and then proceeded.

"Family is the foundation of society.  And therefore of my being.  Without them I would be, I would assume, crippled in some manner" Kirok replied logically.

"Kirok?" the young woman pleaded.  "Most people would be devastated by the loss of a parent.  What about when your Grandfather died?" she said.

"Of course, I would be overwhelmed with grief.  My world would tilt on it's axis.  And for a while I would not be able to fulfill my duties as a Star Fleet Office" Kirok admitted reluctantly.

Kirok followed along.  He would have asked T'Ra if she would like to have her name associated with the gateway.  But he already knew that the Vulcan would decline such a thing.

Instead he focused on the issue at hand.  "This is quite odd.  Do you have any theories as to why this might be?" he asked curiously.

[Bridge]

Ariste had been running around with the last of repairs, keeping herself busy instead of sitting down in Engineering and letting others take care of it. The Shran was lucky their last little fiasco hadn't piled onto the damage already done. Only when it was her shift did she skip onto the Bridge, with the same cheery demeanor she usually held. If nobody else was going to be the optimistic one around here, then hell, she would be it.

"G'daye Admiral!" She chirped, turning to Kirok and standing to attention. "Everything's all good down in Engineering - Warp core is stable, Engines are running at 92% efficiency, but I should 'opefully be able to boost that soon. We have full warp capabilities and any discrepancies should be ironed out. I just fig'ured I'd monitor it from up here when we meet the Vice Admiral," she reported. She had turned to head to her station, before something else occurred to her. "Oh, and the remaining crew of the Nemesis were assisted to either sickbay, or appropriate quarters, depending on the severity of their injuries. Like you asked sir," She tacked on With that out of the way, she glided over to the Engineering station as she had said, nodding to EQ as she passed. Poking the screen of the engineering panel, watching it come to life and show her the readings of the ship. As she expected, everything was within regulation, and as far as she was concerned she could sit back and relax until something was needed.

Kirok stood and saluted.  He did not require this among his staff because it was somewhat inefficient.  But he replied in kind, if only to prevent them standing at attention for hours on end.

"Thank you for the report, Ms. Stark.  I hope you limited this to your on duty hours.  If not, I will ask Mr. Hawke to have someone cover your next shift" Kirok replied, knowing that the eager Ensign likely worked into the we hours of the night on the repairs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:02:32 pm by Kirok »

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 12:07:37 am »

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Hey" EQ replied, tilting his chin up.  Then he dropped his hand to the side of his body and make the 'Shakra' hand signal.  His confidence was so high, he might even ask her out on a real date when they we off shift.

The ship was reaching the defined meetingpoint. While the entire crew, in the meantime of the warp speed ongoing, was reflecting about the meaning of a gate to Delta Quadrants, Jor was trying to mentally enter in his role of scientific officer aboard a starship.

He was in the bridge, near the Scientific station. T'Ra was talking with Admiral Kirok and Jor was waiting that his superior office may return to the station, just to find a talkative way to introduce himself and, evermore, to apply himself in his new job.

"Welcome aboard.  I'm EQ" Kimball said to the new man near him.  "Let me know if you need any help finding your way around" he volunteered.

Offline Justin Conwell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CEO, USS Delphia A
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 12:26:12 am »

Kirok stood and saluted.  He did not require this among his staff because it was somewhat inefficient.  But he replied in kind, if only to prevent them standing at attention for hours on end.

"Thank you for the report, Ms. Stark.  I hope you limited this to your on duty hours.  If not, I will ask Mr. Hawke to have someone cover your next shift" Kirok replied, knowing that the eager Ensign likely worked into the we hours of the night on the repairs.

[Bridge, Shran]

Justin stepped onto the bridge from the turbolift in a new uniform. It was one similar to what he wore earlier except it wasn't in tatters from battle damage. For him, the last week had been difficult but to anyone else, it was like he wasn't gone as long.

With a normal complement of sixty on the Nemesis, for twelve hours he had to deal with thirty turning to only seven remaining. Each death under his command was felt personally but the only way to get Justice and return the timeline back to how it should would be to defeat the stolen time ship in this era before it can cause any more damage. Looking around, the bridge was a bit busy but that was to be expected but he already knew what they would find at Vice Admiral Casas location.

With padd in hand walked by the back stations to Admiral Kirok. "Admiral, just wanted to thank you again for saving us and Commander S'Saavik. After we left time deteriorated after another way destroyed what was left of the resistance.

I have some good news, though. I've been able to get the Nemesis back to basic operational condition. Hull breaches are nearly repaired but it will be another four to six hours before I can have ninety percent operational status." He spoke up before lowering his voice a little so only the admiral and Commander Hawke could hear. "You may wish to go to Yellow Alert. I know why Vice Admiral Casas hasn't responded to any of your hails thus far."

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • What does this big red button do?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 03:11:25 am »
[Bridge, Shran]

Justin stepped onto the bridge from the turbolift in a new uniform. It was one similar to what he wore earlier except it wasn't in tatters from battle damage. For him, the last week had been difficult but to anyone else, it was like he wasn't gone as long.

With a normal complement of sixty on the Nemesis, for twelve hours he had to deal with thirty turning to only seven remaining. Each death under his command was felt personally but the only way to get Justice and return the timeline back to how it should would be to defeat the stolen time ship in this era before it can cause any more damage. Looking around, the bridge was a bit busy but that was to be expected but he already knew what they would find at Vice Admiral Casas location.

With padd in hand walked by the back stations to Admiral Kirok. "Admiral, just wanted to thank you again for saving us and Commander S'Saavik. After we left time deteriorated after another way destroyed what was left of the resistance.

I have some good news, though. I've been able to get the Nemesis back to basic operational condition. Hull breaches are nearly repaired but it will be another four to six hours before I can have ninety percent operational status." He spoke up before lowering his voice a little so only the admiral and Commander Hawke could hear. "You may wish to go to Yellow Alert. I know why Vice Admiral Casas hasn't responded to any of your hails thus far."

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 04:57:43 am »

Kirok followed along.  He would have asked T'Ra if she would like to have her name associated with the gateway.  But he already knew that the Vulcan would decline such a thing.

Instead he focused on the issue at hand.  "This is quite odd.  Do you have any theories as to why this might be?" he asked curiously.

He was on the bridge, near the Scientific station. T'Ra was talking with Admiral Kirok and Jor was waiting that his superior office may return to the station, just to find a talkative way to introduce himself and, evermore, to apply himself in his new job.
Shran

-Evan Buehler

Offline Jor Garan

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 11:02:19 am »
The Chief of Science Department was standing in front of Jor. He nodded in response and staying in attemption position, He said:
"Na'shaya, and..Soraya renga Ma'am. I'm Jor Garan, and, yes, I've been added to your departiment until few days ago" He made a pause and reprised, " about my feeling surely it's been an anomalous time for me, due to the simple fact that I'm used to be behind a desktop and not in operative, very operative, condition. Anyway my phase of disorientation's been short-lived, I think..I hope" and smiled gently.
Then He added "I'm here to help you. If you have some items available for me, please count on me."

Offline Ariste Stark

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 05:14:32 pm »

[Bridge]

"Ah, something like that..." She muttered unconvincingly, glancing over her shoulder. "Really, its no problem, I adore my work. 'S why I do it, but thank you anyway, sir." She decided it best not to argue. They could likely go back and forth all day about the illogical nature of staying up all night just to work. Not that she had a solid argument other than 'I wanted to' anyway.

Nodding as the Chief Engineer entered, she turned back to her station to continue monitoring quietly.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles