Movie Night (Kali)

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, March 27, 2017, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

[Admiral's Suite]

When the food came in, Kali nearly swooned off the bed. "Yes," she hissed in pleasure. "Now that's what I like!" She made a little shimmy of her hips in celebration and sauntered for the beer first. While Mahak dispassionately picked apart the vegetarian options, Kali was already balancing a couple of meaty dogs and the tower of popcorn to make a mess of the bed.

Next time she'll have to make a pillow fort or something. There was nothing more sexy than pillow forts, food, and good beer. She stared at his bunless, sad dog. "I think the sauerkraut is vegetarian, babe." That poor thing, even in its monstrous veggy form deserved a little dress up.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Admiral's Suite]

The sauerkraut in question was so pungent that Mahak's eyes were nearly watering. He could not imagine willingly eating such a dish. But he also did not want to disappoint Reyes, who seemed to approve of the food. He tonged some of the noxious weed onto his hot dog and tried a bite.

He coughed, the sound wet and full of pain. Somehow he managed to swallow. Tears gathered in the corner of his lustrous black eyes and he blinked them away. He put his veggie dog concoction down onto the tray and purposefully poured himself out a tall beer. Its taste was offensive but it did serve to wash his mouth clean.

"That was an...intriguing group of sensations," The Vulcan said.

On the screen, the film's protagonist was riding a horse around inside a building. Perhaps because his stomach and now his mouth was feeling sickly Mahak could not see the logic in it. Horses were outdated modes of transportation, and utilizing one inside of a structure made absolutely no sense. But Reyes seemed happy, so Mahak just drank his beer and watched.

Kali Reyes

[Admiral's Suite]

Kali nearly choked on her popcorn when Mahak nearly coughed up the sauerkraut and she hastily gave his back two firm pats before rubbing it down, trying not to laugh. "C'est la vie, babe," she said with a grin. "Can't win them all." And, of course, she was exempted the strong stuff entirely. She didn't think Mahak would appreciate tasting it a second time if she ever managed to get her lips on him again.

During the chase scene, Mahak looked a little puckish, though one couldn't readily tell from a Vulcan unless you really looked for it. Kali, on the other hand, gorged herself with so much popcorn and hot dogs, she ended up blissfully flopped on the bed and a tad concerned.

"I guess the hot dogs didn't sit well with you," she decided. "Do you want me to order something else? Maybe a pita bread or something?" It was hard for her to come up with bland meals. Spice was kind of the forefront of her diet.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Admiral's Suite]

"I am not hungry for food." Mahak said. His hand found hers and he allowed himself to loosen up just a bit. Reyes looked extremely content and relaxed. Bodily, he pulled her closer to him. If he was going to watch this illogical movie at least he could be closer to her.

"Have the Orions made any further moves to apprehend you?" The Vulcan asked suddenly, bluntly. Truth be told, the thought of her being alone on the Discovery, or at least without him, had been weighing heavily on his thoughts. He did not feel that Reyes was frail, or needed protection. But he wanted to be available if she needed help in any way.

Kali Reyes

[Admiral's Suite]

Her grin grew broad when he took her hand and pulled her up, though she might have whined a little bit from her full stomach in the process.

She slid her legs over his lap and planted herself firmly there. Her expression turned into a tiny scowl at the mention of Orions. "No, but I've been tailing them," she grumbled. "Those guys came from Veroyna, the self-proclaimed pirate quee- I mean Neo Orion ambassador of the Alpha Quadrant. Well, okay, she said they weren't her dogs, but she thinks I'm as dumb as a box of calipers so that's not unusual." 

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Admiral's Suite]

It figured that Reyes would take it upon herself to track their attackers. Mahak had been relying on regular updates from Starfleet Intelligence.

"It seems that the Orions are reluctant to take on the entirety of the Federation," He told her, wrapping his thin, rock hard arms around her. "Or more likely the Chief of the Boat of the Discovery."

His tone was light, almost joking, but his mind was occupied. Not with the movie, which had now degenerated into an all out war as the over-muscled protagonist slayed armed religious fundamentalists by the limo-full.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.