News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Stars [Kinley]

Started by Jettis Jyur, March 23, 2017, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jettis Jyur

[El-Auria Prime - Omsar]

Jettis weaved his way around many people, tugging at his shirt for what seemed like the fiftieth time. He was spoiled, in such a short amount of time, he'd already gotten accustomed to wearing the Starfleet standard uniform. So wearing one of the native outfits of his homeworld felt odd. The material was foreign, and the unusual heaviness of it was distracting him. It seemed like ages since he had last put one on. In reality, it wasn't that long, but casualwear was very different from formalwear, and formalwear it was.

Jettis had been invite back to El-Auria Prime for a friend's wedding. His Cousin's, to be exact, and since the Discovery was close enough to take a shuttle, he couldn't bear to miss it. And he had invited along his fellow officer, Kinley to join him, since it was custom to bring someone, whether it be friends, family, or otherwise.
So here he was, trying to find her, after losing her in the sea of colours, in the immense Chapel. Well, it wasn't a Chapel, it was an Omsar, but Chapel was the closest translation of the word. And it looked similar to a church as well - the windows were extravagant. Along the roof was the main source of light - the colors blue, orange, and green mixed together to form a Nebula pattern on the floor, complete with stars as well. On another wall was the image of a native flower, that could be mistake for a Lotus, were it not bright green. The rest of the windows were plain, so as not to overwhelm the room with light. But it was enough that finding someone in a crowd of people was a fifteen minute task, and he was already at it for half an hour.

Finally though, a familiar face caught his gaze, and he hissed a sigh of relief. Quickly, yet politely pushing his way through the crowd, he came up behind Kinley, his forced smile shifting into a more genuine one.
"Kinley!" He chuckled deeply, raising an eyebrow at her. "You're just a chameleon, aren't you?" He teased gently, before glancing up at the large stands on either side of the room. "The Ceremony will be starting at any moment, so we should probably find our places." He commented, nodding toward the front of the room, where flowers and bowls were set up. The Officiators were talking amongst themselves on the 'stage', signaling that, while they hadn't started yet, it would likely only be another ten minutes or so.

Kinley Garrison

[Omsar]

Politely dodging yet another wedding guest, Kinley tried peering over the throng of brightly dressed people inside the... what did Jettis call it... Omsar?  Whatever it was, she quickly got sidetracked by the sheer beauty of it all. And had gotten rather lost in the process. Looking around the room, she thought to herself Seriously. He's pretty tall. How can it be that easy to miss  him in this crowd?

Thankfully, she didn't have to wonder for very long ,

Quote from: Jettis Jyur on March 23, 2017, 06:49:20 PM

Finally though, a familiar face caught his gaze, and he hissed a sigh of relief. Quickly, yet politely pushing his way through the crowd, he came up behind Kinley, his forced smile shifting into a more genuine one.
"Kinley!" He chuckled deeply, raising an eyebrow at her. "You're just a chameleon, aren't you?" He teased gently, before glancing up at the large stands on either side of the room. "The Ceremony will be starting at any moment, so we should probably find our places." He commented, nodding toward the front of the room, where flowers and bowls were set up. The Officiators were talking amongst themselves on the 'stage', signaling that, while they hadn't started yet, it would likely only be another ten minutes or so.

Grinning at Jettis, she quipped,   "Must be the hat."   referring to the set of formal clothes she had picked up for the occasion. (When in Rome, do as the Romans... right?)
Nodding at Jettis's suggestion to get to their spot in the pews, she asked; "Remind me again, this is your... cousin, again who's getting married?""
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Jettis Jyur

[El-Auria Prime - Omsar]

Jettis nodded back, as he started moving toward the row he had indicated. Right behind immediate family, for more distant family like him and their guests.
"My cousin, Soror Narcoll, e ad Valdi - ah," he pause, realizing his mind was working in Edha El-Aurian now, he had talked to enough people that switching back and forth between that and English was tripping him up.
"And the Bride's name is Rhules," he repeated, this time slower and more articulated. Chuckling at his own error, he sidestepped another person who almost ran into him, quirking a brow. It was packed in here, but not Earth-concert level packed. It wasn't wall to wall, 'you could barely breathe without touching someone' level packed, so the rude brushby was entirely unwarranted.
But he couldn't recognize them from the back, so shrugging it off, he shot Kinley a look, before continuing toward their seats.

Sliding into it in relief, he looked to make sure he hadn't lost Kinley along the way... again. At this rate, he was going to have to get a leash for one of them, just to make sure they wouldn't get separated.
Turning to his left, he flashed another cousin of his a smile, nodding to her before turning back to Kinley.
"What do you think of an El-Aurian wedding so far?" He queried, giving away his slight nervousness at the answer by fixing his hat and smoothing out his shirt once again.

Kinley Garrison

Kinley nodded at Jettis's recap. She had been introduced to so many people today, that she had lost all hope of ever remembering anyone's name in the slightest. She was about to reply when suddenly, she had to quickly dodge out of the way of a guest. They were in a fairly open part of the room, so there wasn't any real reason why he would have barged through them like a rhinoceros. She looked at Jettis with a quizzical look, but apparently he was just as confused as she was.

As they made their way to their seats, Kinley thought for a moment. " I rather like it. I've been to a few weddings back home on Earth, and this, by comparison, is really quite the occasion. They're not too different though. It almost reminds me of my brother, Sean's wedding" Pausing to take in the incredible scene, she noticed Jettis nervously straightening himself. " Whatcha thinking, my friend?"

Jettis Jyur

Jettis smiled, cocking his head slightly. "You have a brother?" He asked curiously, before turning towards the front of the Omsar again, subtly avoiding eye contact and masking it behind mere curiosity about his surroundings. "Sean is an interesting name. So is Kinley." He commented as an afterthought, smile widening, but not turning around.

He took a moment to think about her question, debating the answer himself. "This is just my first time back on El-Auria prime in a while, I'm nervous," He lied, almost instinctively. Prying his hands away from where they were bunching up the cloth of his shirt, he forced himself to meet Kinley's gaze, with a facade of calmness. Truth was, he was more nervous about having invited Kinley, and how she would react to everything. His homeworld, his culture was something he was very proud of, and he didn't know how he would handle her being disinterested, or god forbid, unimpressed by it. Her comment about the wedding had alleviated his fears somewhat, but he knew the really impressive event would come after this - and that hopefully she wouldn't want to leave before this.

His next comment was cut off, however, as suddenly the singing began, and he was silenced whether he wanted to speak or not. Turning his attention back toward the front of the room, noticing the Bride and Groom were now standing up on the stage.
Folding his hands in his lap, he watched as the Wedding progressed as any El-Aurian wedding usually would. Occasionally he would lean over to explain to Kinley, any practice that wasn't typical to Human, Vulcan, or any other race's weddings. Finally, the Bride and Groom exchanged earrings - in place of rings, a way to say 'you'll always have my ear' - typical of a Listening race. As the official ceremony began to come to a close, most people began standing and filtering out into the outdoors for the 'after party', as well as to witness the Saffe Ur. Not that the Saffe Ur was something typical to an El-Aurian wedding, but rather was the equivalent of a couple scheduling their wedding on the same day as the Earth Northern Lights, and then having an outdoor ceremony.

Standing up himself, Jettis stepped out of the pews, and tried to stay out of the way of the people leaving, trailing behind the Bride and Groom. Nodding his head toward the door, he offered a hand to Kinley. "Shall we?"

Kinley Garrison

[Wedding]

Kinley whispered as the ceremony continued; "I have two older brothers, twins actually. Sean and Ender. I should introduce you to them sometime. They're pretty cool.""
Smiling, She tried to ease Jettis's apprehension.  Being back home on Earth was sometimes a very strange experience, especially as she now kind of considered space to be her new home.
The chapel suddenly fell silent, then suddenly a chorus of ethereal voices swelled through the ornate hall. Awestruck, Kinley stared at Jettis. She had heard many choirs before, but this? This was impressive. As the ceremony drew to a close, Kinley grinned at Jettis, then took his outstretched hand. "I believe we shall.

Jettis Jyur

Grinning at Kinley, he followed the small crowd ahead of them out, ducking his head as they stepped back out into the red and purple dusk. The sun had set considerably since they had stepped in, but since the Omsar as well had been dark, there was no blinding shift from light to dark.

The walk was short, as they came to an open field with many activities set up. Many were El-Aurian, but El-Aurians were notorious for being accommodating to off-world visitors. So there were foods and games from other cultures, according to the +1s, family and friends others had brought.

Finally in the open, they had the chance to branch off from the pack of people that seemed much larger, now that they weren't crammed into all the available seats. Grinning at Kinley, he jerked his thumb towards a digitalized version of an ancient Earth game - horseshoes. Except this version had the added difficulty of them being able to hover, and almost weightless, making it easy to overshoot. They also had plenty of other options, including Vulcan chess, and Klingon roulette among others. "What do you wanna do first, game, food?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.