Author Topic: S6: E2 - Truth and Consequences  (Read 11826 times)

Alexander Wu and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Ian Galloway

• Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S6: E2 - Truth and Consequences
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2024, 10:40:28 am »
[Conference Room | Starbase 185]

Carter glared at Gillepsie for a brief moment confused at the analogy. "Might I remind you that the first time we encountered the T'Kori was when they attacked their sister species at Beacon Point and we had already observed they were a warp capable species at that time." James replied dryly.

Then the admiral's attention quickly returned to the captain and the situation at hand. "I'll be frank captain, I remain undecided. It will take time and reflection to come to a conclusion on either side. Bluntly, it is a matter of fact that by the letter of the law you did violate the prime directive." Immediately following his last word Carter left out a frustrated sigh before continuing. "However...I'm not sure if I would have made a different call in your shoes. Hell, I don't know if that even makes it better or worse. As I said, it will take time and reflection. The only thing I can promise at this time captain is that consideration of the situation will not be taken lightly. Unless Admiral Gillespie has any further questions you are dismissed Captain." James leaned back in his seat and brought his hands clasped together in front of him.

[Conference Room - Starbase 185]

Ian nodded to Admiral Carter. He'd made his point and thought he'd done a good job at doing so, saying anything further would only make things worse. He stood, executed an about face, and exited the conference room.

"Well, that went about as well as it could go."

He muttered as he began to wander the massive starbase. Barred from the Challenger, Jess unavailable, and not having anything else to do, he simply allowed himself to be carried along by the foot traffic with no destination in mind.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2024, 11:56:53 am »

[Starbase 185 - Promenade]

As usual, Alex paused after stepping out of the turbolift onto a busy throughway, orienting himself as to which direction to go. Moreso sensing then feeling someone lean into his personal space, he turning to face them and was promptly startled by a kiss. The instinct to pull back was quickly quashed by her familiarity, Alex kissing her back. "Sorry stranger, I'm actually taken. And she's the jealous type." He teased, wrapping his arms around her. For a few seconds, the hectic noise and bustle around them faded away, replaced by Ardyn's presence alone. Imzadi. He lived for those brief moments every day when she and Maddison were all that mattered.

"They didn't tell me if they'll need me back either. I wouldn't be surprised though, it seems like they're aiming to go after everyone involved. Hopefully most of the crew will fall under the 'following orders' indemnity." Alex reached down for her hand as they began to stroll casually along. "Would it be so bad if we got fired? Could go back home to our lake." He didn't really expect Ardyn to answer, knowing she had only previously conceded to settling down on Earth because it'd been what he wanted. "Where were you heading off to, by the way?"

[ACEO Lt.JG Neva Cordon|Starbase 185|Promenade Pub]

Neva grinned thoughtfully as she sat at a table in the Pub, taking a sip of the Aldebaran Whiskey. She'd meant to try it before, but never had a chance. She was duly impressed.

Despite the fact she was meeting Ardyn here, Neva turned her gaze to the PADD on the table before her. She'd been reading technical journals about possible refits her Iron Lady was getting, making notes and writing down questions to get answered the next time she was allowed access to her Lady. She shook her head and sighed. This Landser thing was dragging everything out way too long.

[Promenade]

Ardy nudged Alex in jest as he teased her, before gladly taking his hand and meandering their way through the Promenade, nodding as she heard how his interviews went. So they were both left hanging. Typical. Either way, they’d be still waiting. “I was going to be meeting with Neva, She’s in engineering. She offered to hang out over lunch while there was nothing better to do in between interrogations”, she mentioned, as she  chatted with Alex. While it would be nice to be back home on Earth, they had also just gotten onboard a ship too.  Getting kicked out after just coming back was almost insult to injury. She noted Neva in the Pub already. “Hey there.” she nodded to Neva.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Little Mo | Schoolrooms | Starbase 185]

For Mo, adjusting to school had not been easy. But he did his best to make his sister happy. She liked it when he went to class and paid attention to the teacher. And then when Mo told her all about his day. He also enjoyed it when they painted with their fingers or played with his action figures. Also, he was fond of maths. To count numbers and write substractions made him feel like a big, ole important Ferengi businessman. At least, as far as he remembered his parent's stories to go about them.

While he was working on some additions, he noticed that his classmate, Maddy, seemed a little distracted. Tilting his head to the side, he waved his little hand in front of her to get her attention,
"Hey Maddie, you okay? You schem to be thinking lots!"

[As Maddy]

[Schoolroom]

Maddy had been making “cookies”  in the  play kitchen somewhat distractedly when she heard her classmate, Mo  try to get her attention. Mo was a nice Ferengi boy and he had some really big ears, but he was fun to play spaceships with when they weren’t doing school stuff.

“I guess I do have lots of things to think about, Mo. “ said Maddy, as she stirred the “food” in the play kitchen. I think my mommy and daddy are worried about something.  They won’t tell me why though. I think it’s cause they might lose their jobs or somethin’, and then we won’t be on a spaceship anymore.”  she said,  pushing the button on the toy EZ Baker oven.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Ch'e N'ok Savyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2024, 06:00:40 pm »
CPO ShranLahr ch'Verret
[Starbase 185 - Sickbay]

For a moment Lahr thought the Vulcan was actually gonna accept but then it seemed the man had a change of mind.  The Andorian winced at the needle poke but wasn't quite willing to give up just yet.

"Well, you don't have to party to come to the event. You could... just observe.  Take notes.  Learn how to loosen up a little.

[Starbase 185 | Sickbay]

Savyn gave Lahr a strange look, almost distrusting as he looked the other man up and down with an expression comparable to a sneer, but not exactly. He didn't seem to have any intention to look rude, and upon a bit of thought, one could suppose it was among the handful of Vulcan expressions they were willing to portray publically.

"... Very well," He said finally, not entirely sure why it was he was agreeing. "I shall attend this social gathering for... a short period of time. For anthropological reasons, of course..." 
Vulcan Male. 20 Years Old. Character Bio

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles