Author Topic: Breadcrumbs Part 1: Homecoming  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • What does this big red button do?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Breadcrumbs Part 1: Homecoming
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:06:17 am »
Zuriel had made promise to Luke, That he would fix the mess that was now Section 31. In the seventy years that he was an operative, Zuriel worked hard to protect the federation, and he worked hard to train people to think like he did, that the greater good was not the way, but distant fear was more amicable. Zuriel thought of section 31 as a family, and his family had gone astray without his leadership. The first step to fixing the problem would be to find out who in fact was in charge, from his own contacts it was revealed that Sloan had operational control, it would make sense the man was ruthless and meticulous, it was why Zuriel recruited him in the first place as a young man.

Zuriel did have much time to get his job done but what he did have was transporter codes for the S31 leap frog net work, it made it easy to complete missions and get out of the area before anyone knew anything. Zuriel felt it was that network that had to be taken down, it left the chest of the federation completely open, and Zurie would show Luke just how vulnerable they really were, it made the El-Aurian furious.

[Starbase Columbus Cargo Bay 2]

Zuriel stood in the own beam of light in the room, panting he dropped his sword, and took a knee, he had to use his medical supplies to fix the gash on his leg. deeper in the shadows he had brought a friend, and present of sorts for Luke to speak to. To bring to light the madness that Admiral Kirok had just set loose on the Federation.

=/\= "Soreka to Captain Stafford, Could you join me in Cargo bay 2 please alone, Clock is ticking."=/\=

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Breadcrumbs Part 1: Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »
[CO's Dining Room]

"Nobushi, you have out done yourself." Stafford said expansively.

It was true. The new steward on the Columbus was a compact, hard faced Japanese crewman straight out of Basic. Captain Stafford had been dubious when the young man had presented himself. He immediately yearned for his old steward, a Texan, whose meals were consistently spicy, heavy, and rich. But one look at this spread had changed Stafford's mind immediately.

"Try it first, captain," Nobushi replied, unsmiling. "Have you ever had kaiseki before?"

"I know the word, but I have not." The captain told the young man. "Describe these dishes for me."

"Sakizuke, the appetizer. Kuruma prawn, in your case. The first course is suimono, the soup. Pureed wax gourd with abalone. For the sashimi I chose mukuzki, red rockfish with Japanese squash." Nobushi's voice was proud, but he was such a dutiful and serious young man that even in displaying his creation he was stern. "The grilled course consists of yakimono, salt broiled ayo fish with vinegar sauce."

Stafford made a move to start to eat and without hesitation Nobushi sharply raised his tone to stop the captain.

"Kaiseki is an art form, captain!" He said. "You do not eat it with your forks or hands. It must be appreciated for its aesthetic value as well as its taste."

"Sorry," Stafford said lamely, feelings hurt.

"Finally, the shokuji is tempura of braised shark fin with boiled rice." Nobushi's voice was a little miffed when he spoke again. "And...coffee and pie for dessert. Per your orders."

"Ah," The captain grinned, some of his authority reasserted. "Not a fan of tea or fruit for dessert, crewman."

"That is your prerogative, sir." Nobushi replied, a bit of disgust in his voice. "Now you may eat. Chopsticks only, it is a crime otherwise."

=/\= "Soreka to Captain Stafford, Could you join me in Cargo bay 2 please alone, Clock is ticking."=/\=

[CO's Dining Room]

The prawn was halfway to Stafford's mouth when he got the call. He sighed and looked up at Nobushi in despair.

"=/\=...Stafford to Soreka. Acknowledged, commander.=/\=" The captain glanced at the narrow eyed Japanese enlisted man. "I don't suppose you could take all this back to the galley so I can eat it tomorrow?"

The other man's eyes bugged and he looked about ready to fall over in horror.

"Kidding, crewman. Thank you, but duty calls."

[Cargo Bay 2]

The captain's cane and boots were tapping on the deck just a bit more urgently than usual, signifying his impatience and annoyance.

"You'd better have a damned good reason for interrupting my dinner, you old bastard." Stafford said by way of greeting.

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 01:14:27 am »
[Cargo Bay 2]

"Oh it's dinner is it, good stay here." Zuriel said as he did the best he could with the medical devices, his training in the subject was spotty at best, but he knew enough to keep alive, and after the hell he just went through, the thought he was doing a good job.

Zuriel stepped into the shadow quickly, the sound of dragging and struggling announced his return to the light, picking up the man, he slid him across the ground to Luks's feet. "I brought the roast."

Zuriel walked over and knelt by the man and lifted his head up, "Captain this is former Admiral Karzen, Admiral Karzen, he used to run interference for us in the old days, and form the subspace transmission I used to track him down, he still is. He has been feeding tactical information of the entire federation right to some rather unscrupulous characters." Zuriel said almost sneering now.

"When I left I told you and Kirok to contact me if anything went bad, I told you to keep me in the loop, I could have taken down their trans warp network!" Zuriel barked. Zuriel stood pacing as he sheathed his sword. "I watched him for two weeks, he has his hands in everything R&D, Science, he even has contacts in Starfleet intelligence, meanwhile you use those same idiots in black to mount a pointless witch hunt, in case you haven't noticed by the body count by now, SFI are the red shirts of Section 31! Sloan has his claws so deep in you you cant even feel it, Luke you are Kirok don't realize how bad this is, your only alive because Sloan is allowing it. Two weeks and I have been attacked no less than three times, word got out I was back, a loose end that needs tying. Damn you Luke you dragged me into this, but I have family too! people I need to protect!"

"Oh and they found the bodies of those Andorans we had a fight with, each was tortured to death, but that was not even for a reason, no for people like this that was just...fun. It was a message, so we know how close they can get." Zuriel seethed at the idea of someone playing a game with his life.

"I don't know what you two did to piss him off but, from what I'm digging up, it going to be biblical." Zuriel said as he kicked the former Admiral in the ribs. "Bloody traitor."

"I brought him here so you can ask the questions you need to ask, he's is mid level at best, but I think he can be of some use. Dinner is served." Zuriel said with a sarcastic bow. "Oh and before you get mad at me for attacking an Admiral, this one is the ringleader of the bombings on Betazed, six hundred men, women, and children, vaporized, another thousand injured."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:18:19 am by Zuriel Soreka »

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:40 pm »
[Cargo Bay 2]

Soreka always had been long winded, passionate. And foul mouthed. Stafford leaned on his cane and watched while the other man gesticulated, cried out, and cursed. He sat back and enjoyed the ride.

"I'd like to impart that what we're doing here isn't exactly legal, Zuriel," Stafford commented mildly. So far he had not acknowledged the prisoner that was also present. "You can't expect us straight and narrow Starfleet types to know all of the trade craft. We're not old crooks like you."

"However," the captain continued. "I know enough to know that bringing in a Starfleet admiral as a prisoner to interrogate is something that should be done circumspectly, not for the entire station to see. I have a black site in mind, right here on the station."

"=/\=Computer, beam the three of us to the Diplomatic Situation Room.=/\="

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:43:33 pm »
"Your way doesn't work Luke, the last time I let the chips fall where they may the dominion war happened." Zuriel said frankly as he picked the whelp of an admiral off of his feet. "And to be clear I didn't walk down the hall with this guy, I'm almost insulted by that accusation."

Zuriel cocked and eyebrow when Luke said he had a black sight, he was honestly impressed, glad at least some of his fervor had rubbed off on him in the past years. "But I will be more....amicable in the future, perhaps ill just knock them out." Zuriel commented as he prepared himself to be transported

"Do you have any food? I've been staking out this jerk for three days, have not had a bite since." The El-Aurian chuckled as he patted his gifts head.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 07:55:02 pm »
[Diplomatic Situation Room]

The three materialized in the most secure area in the entire Starbase. It wasn't a room for receiving potential allied bureaucrats or hammering out a treaty with a former foe. It was a war room, plain and simple. There was very little in the way of decoration, only a Federation crest on the wall, a table, and chairs.

There were a handful of enlisted men in blue seated at or on the table. There were bottles of champagne bubbling and a heavy silver tray full of delicate finger foods.

The men all froze at the sight of the three people transporting in: their CO, a thin, hard faced bald man whose eyes were narrowed and wary. Another high ranked officer, lieutenant commander, a strong and mean looking "young" man who looked as if he always kept a calm and rational Plan B in his mind to kill everyone he met. And a Starfleet admiral sagging between them who had been subdued and looked exhausted.

"Sir, I--"

"Stow it, crewman." Stafford said. He knew that the diplomatic staff sometimes used this room, ostensibly to test out the food being served to humanoid delegates, but more to nip some real alcohol and relax. Ordinarily he tolerated the practice but now was not the time. "Get out, all of you."

They left, eyes and gaze down.

"Not exactly discrete," Stafford commented wryly to Soreka. "But I wouldn't worry. They know better than to talk about what they think they've seen."

The captain leaned his handsome wooden cane up against a chair and sat.

"Fill your belly with food before we fill our souls with justice, commander." Stafford said, feeling magnanimous. The admiral reacted to the words with mute terror.

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:16:15 pm »
Zuriel was not shocked that Luke had them in the room with random crewmen, he was more agitated since he just got chastised for bringing in the admiral the way he did. The men left quickly so Zuriel rolled his eyes and began to make his way to the food, sitting the prisoner down in the chair he made sure that they were secure, and made his way to the grub. "That was not wise, letting them see him..one day you will have to come to term with who they fear more, you or Slone. Not a wise game to play with pink cheeked ensigns."

Zuriel covered his plate in an assortment of food. he sat himself next to the disgraces officer, and dug in. "Now why were are here." The Agent smacked as he put a bone down on the plate. "You have been causing quite a bit of trouble for the federation, you must think us that dumb, to think you could get away with it, killing all those people. but guess what?" Zuriel said picking up another bone.

"I found you." The El-Aurian tapped the bridge of the prisoners nose after each word. "You came back form the neutral zone with a new friend didn't you? Well not you can answer to Luke here." Zuriel said as he leaned back in his chair, seemingly relaxing at the thought of the fun they were about to have.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:31:34 pm »

Stafford's ashen streaked eyebrows rose at Soreka's chiding, but it gave him an idea. He leaned forward and spoke more to the admiral than to his friend as he grabbed a small sandwich from the tray.

"You should know by now I'm the man to fear, not Sloane." He said. The sandwich was a smear of gourmet, curry tuna on a toasted corner of pumpernickel with some fine lettuce. Stafford swallowed it whole and picked up the champagne.

"Marquise de la Tour," He said appreciatively. "And a fine year, too."

He sloshed the rare French champagne into a trio of gold rimmed glasses. His pour was a trifle inexpert but he made sure they all got a good amount. He tipped the glass to his lips.

"Ah, nothing like some champers to take the edge off, eh, admiral?" Stafford said with a grin and a wink. He swallowed the wine as if he bore a grudge against every last bubble.

"Look, we don't have to do it his way." The captain said. His hand found his cane and he stood. "There's more champagne if you want it. Some food."

"How about freedom, admiral?" Stafford said, leaning down and putting his hands on the armrests of the other man's chair. "Freedom, far sweeter than any wine. All you have to do is give us Sloan."

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 08:49:56 pm »

"Or we can do it my way, Me and you go on a trip, I bring one of my very capable medical officers along with us. I take random pieces of you off, and they put them back on, and I take them off again. In the end you will give me what we need, but you'll find that a heavy collar means little where your going." Zuirel said as he fixed the man's hair, and used a napkin to wipe the blood from his nose. "No inquiries, no committees, just you and me." Zuriel finished uncomfortably close to the mans face.

"You don't understand, if he finds out I tell you anything, people will die." The man said sobbing. Zuirel wasted no time he smacked the man int he back of the head. "So if it's your people you take the moral high ground, but innocent civilians you don;t know and you game?" Zuriel gazed at him for a moment, then looked down at his plate. "You got blood on my sandwich, I'm getting a new one." The El-Aurian commented as he stood and walked over to the food table.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 08:56:51 pm »

"Such a shame," Stafford said as he stood back. Whenever Soreka did his work blood was bound to fly, along with shrapnel and phaser fire. Just being around him was a messy business.

Without warning, Stafford spun his body and brought the hardwood cane's curved head down onto one of the admiral's knuckles with a speed and force that belied the captain's age and injury. The white flesh of the hand instantly turned red. Even more blood got on more food.

While the admiral was cradling his hand against his body and shrieking in pain, Stafford rose his voice and cut off the man's anguished cries.

"It doesn't have to be this way, admiral!" He almost shouted. "Don't make me be the bad guy. Come on. Give up your friends and you'll get a better deal than you deserve. If not..."

Wordlessly, Stafford gestured at the bloodthirsty Soreka.

"All I did was hit you with my cane like an old man yelling at you to get off his lawn," He said. "And I'm just a disabled Starfleet captain. You know what Zuriel here is capable of."

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 11:21:33 pm »

Zuriel could do nothing but laugh at the sentiment that the admiral had seen him coming, in reality he only was in the old man's room for about 10 minutes, but this was after he dealt with the man's guards. Zuriel didn't kill them, most of them were good men, and had no idea what was going on when their backs were turned. Regardless of his over zealous nature, Zuriel never killed without cause. A fact that schould have gone for all members of Section 31. "Make it easy on yourself, and just tell us something that is worth fingers and toes."

The man sobbed in his chair, as it finally began to sink in that he was not getting out of this. "Sloan doesn't tell me anything, he knows something like this would happen eventually...but I have my own eats. Let me go and I'll tell you what I know."

"Your not in the position to negotiate, little duck."
Zuriel laughed. "So you better start quacking." Zuriel sneered gazing into his eyes.

"What if I told you your daughters life was on the line, your know the daddy's girl in the Academy right now? S loans got a plan for all of you, but the Shran will be first, you have no idea who your dealing with." The bloody man grinned.

Zuriel looks at the prisoner and then back at Luke. He let out a chuckle then put his elbow into the man's nose. Walking away he patted Luke on the schoulder."your turn."

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »

The admiral was still cringing in pain and cradling his injured hand. He closed his eyes and shook his head.

Stafford was about to speak before the captive man sighed. Well, well. He resolved to wait. He plucked a canape filled with foie gras off of the tray that wasn't too bloody and swallowed it nearly whole.

"If I tell you...what kind of deal could I get?" Karzen asked.

"That depends entirely on you," The captain said. His hand was sticky from the food. He wiped it clean on Karzen's uniform. "Give us everything you got and you'll be protected. If you don't or you lie you'll be destroyed. I mean both our career and your body. I'll do the former and Zuriel here will do the latter."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles