Author Topic: S1 - Minisode 1.1 - Things That Go Bump In The Night  (Read 22637 times)

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Mission 7 - Things That Go Bump In The Night
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:01 pm »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 07:16:42 pm »
[Main Science]

T'Prina looked up, outwardly placid but internally annoyed. She hated to be interrupted, particularly during an interesting series of experimentation. Still it wasn't everyday the chief of Security sought her out.

"Chief Tritter. You have perfect timing. I just finished reviewing the results from the full spectrum analysis I ran to determine the accelerants used. Unfortunately, although they produce a unique flammable reaction when combined, the two chemicals are rather commonly found in. typical cleaning solutions and several similar cosmetic sprays."

She frowned, disappointed that the results had been somewhat inconclusive and unable to narrow it down further. There was more to explain though.

"There was a third element, however. It was organic rather than chemical. It was a damaged plant based cellulose.  The structure seems to correspond to the Earth Palmetto. I do not understand the significance of that."

The Vulcan took out a PADD and turned it towards Tritter. Additional analytic information was sprawled across the screen, concerning evidence found in the victim.

"There were some sort of cards found folded into thirds and placed in the esophagus of the victims. Fingerprint analysis proved negligible, no prints to be found. The cards themselves seem to be of some arcane Earth design. The database noted them as Tarot. They seem to have some mystical or religious meaning. I would suggest consulting with an expert in that field."

She noticed that although stoic, the Chief had an air of impatience. It was easy to deduce he hadn't come for an explanation of her research. Still, she was planning to report to him and his sudden appearance in the lab took care of that efficiently.

"Now that the formality is cleared, what is it you want me to do, sir?"

Tritter could easily sense the Lieutenant's annoyance at being disrupted, such things were easily picked up by the Chief. Although he had more... serious business than simply forensic test results, he would let her go first and he listened intently as he usually did. He nodded slightly once she finished her first statement, although he did find it curious that only two of the chemicals actually provided a useful chemical reaction. He seemed... curious once he found out that the last ingredient was basically... useless for all intents and purposes.

He knew immediately what the purpose of the Palmetto ashes that were found during the chemical analysis, as his Spouses family is mostly Catholic, there was no doubt what it meant and he knew the... quirks of the Catholic faith quite well. His gaze shifted towards the Lieutenant, as he actually focused on her gaze this time. He added, "Lieutenant, there were rosaries in the pockets of the victims, which compounded with the Palmettos you found on chemical analysis indicates our killer is a religious zealot, specifically, a Catholic one. Or well, one who believes they are following this teachings." He than nodded once she spoke about the cards.

He proceeded to glove up before he would take one of the cards and carefully unfold it. He immediately knew what it was, perk of having been around many strange things in his life. He looked back towards the Vulcan and said, "This the symbol of death, it means that one has been marked today. It is our killer's way of marking them. But I am sure you have figured out we have... other business as well. I will need you to come with me" His gaze shifted to Lieutenant Carter to confirm that she was ready to move out.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:39 pm »
Tritter could easily sense the Lieutenant's annoyance at being disrupted, such things were easily picked up by the Chief. Although he had more... serious business than simply forensic test results, he would let her go first and he listened intently as he usually did. He nodded slightly once she finished her first statement, although he did find it curious that only two of the chemicals actually provided a useful chemical reaction. He seemed... curious once he found out that the last ingredient was basically... useless for all intents and purposes.

He knew immediately what the purpose of the Palmetto ashes that were found during the chemical analysis, as his Spouses family is mostly Catholic, there was no doubt what it meant and he knew the... quirks of the Catholic faith quite well. His gaze shifted towards the Lieutenant, as he actually focused on her gaze this time. He added, "Lieutenant, there were rosaries in the pockets of the victims, which compounded with the Palmettos you found on chemical analysis indicates our killer is a religious zealot, specifically, a Catholic one. Or well, one who believes they are following this teachings." He than nodded once she spoke about the cards.

He proceeded to glove up before he would take one of the cards and carefully unfold it. He immediately knew what it was, perk of having been around many strange things in his life. He looked back towards the Vulcan and said, "This the symbol of death, it means that one has been marked today. It is our killer's way of marking them. But I am sure you have figured out we have... other business as well. I will need you to come with me" His gaze shifted to Lieutenant Carter to confirm that she was ready to move out.

Main Science

Katheryn had listened to the conversation between Lieutenant T'Prina and Chief Tritter fascinated in a way about what had been found especially the link to Catholicism and she wondered what else they would uncover in their investigation. It also felt imperative that they try and work out the killers next move if they were marking their victims for death but before they could do that they needed to eliminate the crew from the list of suspects until they were either proved innocent or the killer was found among them. When the Chief turned his gaze toward her after asking the Science Officer to come with them she nodded to confirm that she was ready to move out.

Academy Commandant

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »
[Passageway Outside Sickbay]

Stafford had requistioned a sidearm from the armory. He did not think that he would have time to use it, considering who he was up against, but felt safer with it just the same. And Jett had already proven he was willing to pull the trigger himself.

The captain spotted Kinun and raised a hand to get his attention.

"Want to fill me in, ensign?" He asked. "What have they been able to find, if anything?"

[Passage]

Hust whirled around as the man flagged him down. "Sir." he said, nodding to the man. "Jett has disappeared, from what I can gather he assaulted a drunk and shot him, as well as either kidnapped or made disappear a woman who was an acquaintance. He's ditched his weapon." he said, shrugging. "Right now I've got nothing to go on so I'm going on a search for him." He said, ignoring the fact that to do that would result in an endless search across hundreds of decks- it was impossible.

He tapped his foot restlessly, wanting to keep moving, to search or find the man... to do anything but stand. here. and. talk!

"What should we do, Captain?"
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:52 pm »
[Passage]

Hust whirled around as the man flagged him down. "Sir." he said, nodding to the man. "Jett has disappeared, from what I can gather he assaulted a drunk and shot him, as well as either kidnapped or made disappear a woman who was an acquaintance. He's ditched his weapon." he said, shrugging. "Right now I've got nothing to go on so I'm going on a search for him." He said, ignoring the fact that to do that would result in an endless search across hundreds of decks- it was impossible.

He tapped his foot restlessly, wanting to keep moving, to search or find the man... to do anything but stand. here. and. talk!

"What should we do, Captain?"

[P-Way]

"I can assume that internal sensors aren't coming up with anything," Stafford said testily, more to himself. "Let's head to Jett's quarters, ensign, wherever those might be."

The captain was no investigator like Chief Tritter, but his thinking was that searching the accused's home may yield something of value.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 03:13:20 pm »
[P-Way]

"I can assume that internal sensors aren't coming up with anything," Stafford said testily, more to himself. "Let's head to Jett's quarters, ensign, wherever those might be."

The captain was no investigator like Chief Tritter, but his thinking was that searching the accused's home may yield something of value.

[P-Way]

"Ah well you'd have to ask someone who can use internal sensors for bio-signs. He's not starfleet, he's not wearing a commbadge." He said, shrugging.

"His quarters however..." he said, pulling up the diagram of the station on a wall console. "They'd be on his ship. He didn't take or visit any quarters on the station recently. You did impound it so I guess we can go there."
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 07:25:33 pm »

[Main Science]

"As you wish, Chief. I am more or less finished here." T'Prina quickly cleared her station and shut down her terminal. She picked up her satchel, which her PADD and a few other instruments including a tricorder and an unofficial communication device. Since the away mission to that moon, she had become accustomed to carrying it.

"I am curious about this 'other business' but I trust it will be made clear shortly."

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2017, 02:10:59 am »
[Main Science]

"As you wish, Chief. I am more or less finished here." T'Prina quickly cleared her station and shut down her terminal. She picked up her satchel, which her PADD and a few other instruments including a tricorder and an unofficial communication device. Since the away mission to that moon, she had become accustomed to carrying it.

"I am curious about this 'other business' but I trust it will be made clear shortly."

Tritter watched her closely as she completed her tasks, he would than state a simple "Follow me" He would than lead her back to a quiet, unused office space. It was spartan, but it would work well for what he was trying to achieve. The room being a blank canvas if you will, was actually ideal, because the memories she would be recalling would not be tainted by her surroundings. He wanted to give a clean slate to work with and build from there. He didn't feel as if she was "hiding" something, but he knew that in these types of cases, that often times, one knows little details that may feel like they are nothing important or worth mentioning, but after something has happened and they are interviewed the correct way, important things will come up - and thats what is counting on.

He would gesture with his right hand, than state the following in a calm mellow tone, "Sit" After she did so, he would do the same, taking a seat across from her. He took a moment, he was drudging up a skill he had not used in a long time, but it was something he would never ever forget how to do. He would than state, "I would like you to close your eyes, think of when I called you to the victim's body. I want you to tell me what you saw and smelled" He is asking these questions for a very specific purpose, such that once she places herself there, she will be able to recall events as he works backwards through what has happened.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:13:13 am by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2017, 06:30:54 pm »
[P-Way]

"Ah well you'd have to ask someone who can use internal sensors for bio-signs. He's not starfleet, he's not wearing a commbadge." He said, shrugging.

"His quarters however..." he said, pulling up the diagram of the station on a wall console. "They'd be on his ship. He didn't take or visit any quarters on the station recently. You did impound it so I guess we can go there."

[Flight Deck]

Stafford was slightly miffed to see that the Falcon's crew had not been apprehended yet. They clearly knew something was up, however. They were buzzing around the freighter, trying to look busy. In reality, the captain had no doubt that they knew what was happening. They were either reluctant to act without Jett or were preparing to leave him. Either way, they were staying here.

"Hey, captain," The nearest mate said, a rangy, ginger human man. "What's up?"

"You the first officer?"

"Yeah, why..."

"You are under arrest." The captain said, narrowing his eyes and leaning on his cane. "Ensign Hust here will take you into custody. Come quietly and I won't have to notify sec--"

"Get 'em, boys!" The first officer wound up and kicked out Stafford's cane from under him.

The captain felt the wood fly out from his hand and himself falling face first to the ground. At the last moment he turned the other man's attack into one of his own, tackling the Falcon officer as he toppled forward.

"You're not taking me alive, Starfleet!" The first officer crowed, to the delight of his rough comrades.

Tools and cargo prybars were picked up as Stafford rolled and wrestled on the deck with the first mate.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:42 am »
Operations
Dan was still standing around in operations. It had been a long shift thus far and one full of surprises. Just then an operations Ensign got the attention of Howell who swiftly turned to face him as the officer said Commander, there appears to be an incident on the Flight Deck. Reports are sketchy Sir. Dan nodded in acknowledgment before going to a secret locker that only certain people knew about and entered to code to open it, revealing a phaser and shouted across to inform everyone there "I'll be on the Flight Deck." and he made his way to the turbolift and entered it.

Turbolift doors - Near flightdeck
The turbolift soon arrived a few meters away from the entrance to the flightdeck. Ensuring his phaser was holstered in the belt that was also supplied in the locker and took a deep breath before entering the flightdeck to be greeted by what could only be described as a rouge crew making complete idiots of themselves and the Captain tackling one of them. Howell immediately stepped in, attempting to separate them.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Benjamin Bennet

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
[flight deck]

Benjamin boots skidded to a halt on the flight deck. The fellow security guards all rushed passed him to try to stop the Falcon's crew from escaping. Most rogue crew were smart enough to stop. They threw their hands up in the air. The one name Benjamin who stopped quickly became agitated because he saw the Captain was fighting with a red hair on the ground. Hust was playing guardian angel to be an assistant to the fighting Captain. However Ben caught a glimpse of thin, human woman dashing behind a huge, steel crate. The female was hoping that she would had have been missed by the security team. However, she was not all that lucky.

Benjamin stayed low as he rushed toward the crate. His gray cybernetic eyes were fixed on the right side crate to keep him alert. He had allowed his mechanic eyes zoom a little to get a closer look. In case she decided to come around shooting.

The female pushed her back against the crate's wall. Her breath was deep, fast, and shallow. She was strongly fighting to keep herself from shaking and falling apart. It was exciting to be on the run, but she had not agreed to be caught. After all she had a criminal back ground for a sex trading children. That she had not shared with anyone. It was her business and not theirs. That was five years ago. She was praying that they would miss her. Because she would be finished.

Then Bandit had decided to slide up against the crate. He quickly rushed around the corner holding his phaser. "Halt!" He yelled to her.

Surprise from the pale male, she had fast reflexes. She had awesome martial art skills. Her right leg quickly rushed out at the ensign's face. Connecting him. Her side of her boot connected him right in the jaw. That hit had made security officer head spin to the right. He had failed to react to her lightning reflexes.

Bennet being stunned in a hundredth of a second. He was capable come back to reality. He gave her a return kick to the chest. She stumbled back. Her jaw tighten as she leaped up doing a jumping kick. Bennet dropped his phaser, and held his hands to block her vicious attack. He then step back with a counter attack of his. He allowed her to throw a punch, he grabbed her arm, used her weight to pull her off balance and shoved her to the ground. Her head hit the metal floor with a nice solid thunk.

He moved quickly to place his knees on her shoulders, holding a fist up over high cheek bone face. He was furious and he had prayed she got the picture. "Don't force me!" He growled to under his breath.

"DO IT NOW!"

D’Vid is the parent account

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2017, 10:00:13 pm »
[Flight Deck]

Stafford was slightly miffed to see that the Falcon's crew had not been apprehended yet. They clearly knew something was up, however. They were buzzing around the freighter, trying to look busy. In reality, the captain had no doubt that they knew what was happening. They were either reluctant to act without Jett or were preparing to leave him. Either way, they were staying here.

"Hey, captain," The nearest mate said, a rangy, ginger human man. "What's up?"

"You the first officer?"

"Yeah, why..."

"You are under arrest." The captain said, narrowing his eyes and leaning on his cane. "Ensign Hust here will take you into custody. Come quietly and I won't have to notify sec--"

"Get 'em, boys!" The first officer wound up and kicked out Stafford's cane from under him.

The captain felt the wood fly out from his hand and himself falling face first to the ground. At the last moment he turned the other man's attack into one of his own, tackling the Falcon officer as he toppled forward.

"You're not taking me alive, Starfleet!" The first officer crowed, to the delight of his rough comrades.

Tools and cargo prybars were picked up as Stafford rolled and wrestled on the deck with the first mate.

[SS Falcon]

Hust had just stepped forward to arrest the man when he was met with two fists from two beings going two directions in two different places. One hit his gut, as he recoiled back, and another cracked his lower jaw into his upper, and snapped his neck back. As he stumbled back he reached for his phaser, and got a shot off.

The shot went well wide, as Hust scrambled to get a second one off- stunning one crewman before it was knocked out of his hand.

He saw his Captain under attack, but had his hands full as a crowbar- wielding crewman swung full-force at his skull. He blocked with a quickly-raised arm, which resulted in the bar piercing his skin and raking down his arm, tearing out skin and biomatter as Hust grunted in pain.

Hopefully the phaser blast would be enough to catch Security's eye. If not, than they'd just have to hold off.

Hust tried to work his way over to the Captain, but right now shielding his injured arm was taking most of his attention. That, and keeping his skull from being bashed in.
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »
[SS Falcon]

Hust had just stepped forward to arrest the man when he was met with two fists from two beings going two directions in two different places. One hit his gut, as he recoiled back, and another cracked his lower jaw into his upper, and snapped his neck back. As he stumbled back he reached for his phaser, and got a shot off.

The shot went well wide, as Hust scrambled to get a second one off- stunning one crewman before it was knocked out of his hand.

He saw his Captain under attack, but had his hands full as a crowbar- wielding crewman swung full-force at his skull. He blocked with a quickly-raised arm, which resulted in the bar piercing his skin and raking down his arm, tearing out skin and biomatter as Hust grunted in pain.

Hopefully the phaser blast would be enough to catch Security's eye. If not, than they'd just have to hold off.

Hust tried to work his way over to the Captain, but right now shielding his injured arm was taking most of his attention. That, and keeping his skull from being bashed in.

[flight deck]

Benjamin boots skidded to a halt on the flight deck. The fellow security guards all rushed passed him to try to stop the Falcon's crew from escaping. Most rogue crew were smart enough to stop. They threw their hands up in the air. The one name Benjamin who stopped quickly became agitated because he saw the Captain was fighting with a red hair on the ground. Hust was playing guardian angel to be an assistant to the fighting Captain. However Ben caught a glimpse of thin, human woman dashing behind a huge, steel crate. The female was hoping that she would had have been missed by the security team. However, she was not all that lucky.

Benjamin stayed low as he rushed toward the crate. His gray cybernetic eyes were fixed on the right side crate to keep him alert. He had allowed his mechanic eyes zoom a little to get a closer look. In case she decided to come around shooting.

The female pushed her back against the crate's wall. Her breath was deep, fast, and shallow. She was strongly fighting to keep herself from shaking and falling apart. It was exciting to be on the run, but she had not agreed to be caught. After all she had a criminal back ground for a sex trading children. That she had not shared with anyone. It was her business and not theirs. That was five years ago. She was praying that they would miss her. Because she would be finished.

Then Bandit had decided to slide up against the crate. He quickly rushed around the corner holding his phaser. "Halt!" He yelled to her.

Surprise from the pale male, she had fast reflexes. She had awesome martial art skills. Her right leg quickly rushed out at the ensign's face. Connecting him. Her side of her boot connected him right in the jaw. That hit had made security officer head spin to the right. He had failed to react to her lightning reflexes.

Bennet being stunned in a hundredth of a second. He was capable come back to reality. He gave her a return kick to the chest. She stumbled back. Her jaw tighten as she leaped up doing a jumping kick. Bennet dropped his phaser, and held his hands to block her vicious attack. He then step back with a counter attack of his. He allowed her to throw a punch, he grabbed her arm, used her weight to pull her off balance and shoved her to the ground. Her head hit the metal floor with a nice solid thunk.

He moved quickly to place his knees on her shoulders, holding a fist up over high cheek bone face. He was furious and he had prayed she got the picture. "Don't force me!" He growled to under his breath.

Operations
Dan was still standing around in operations. It had been a long shift thus far and one full of surprises. Just then an operations Ensign got the attention of Howell who swiftly turned to face him as the officer said Commander, there appears to be an incident on the Flight Deck. Reports are sketchy Sir. Dan nodded in acknowledgment before going to a secret locker that only certain people knew about and entered to code to open it, revealing a phaser and shouted across to inform everyone there "I'll be on the Flight Deck." and he made his way to the turbolift and entered it.

Turbolift doors - Near flightdeck
The turbolift soon arrived a few meters away from the entrance to the flightdeck. Ensuring his phaser was holstered in the belt that was also supplied in the locker and took a deep breath before entering the flightdeck to be greeted by what could only be described as a rouge crew making complete idiots of themselves and the Captain tackling one of them. Howell immediately stepped in, attempting to separate them.

[Flight Deck]

Stafford's fight was not going well. The Falcon's first officer was a rough and tumble smuggler who did not believe in fighting clean, Stafford was a wizened old officer who hadn't been in a real fight in a long time.

He felt his back being pummeled before he was flipped over like a cheese omelet. The other man was slamming his head repeatedly against the deck. Explosion after explosion, each one bigger than the last, burst in front of Stafford's eyes. In a last ditch effort before the fellow knocked him unconscious, Stafford kneed him between the legs. He mostly missed the mark but it gained him a reprieve.

When more crew began showing up the captain wriggled out from under the first officer, who was now squirming in pain and moaning with his hands cupped between his legs. It took a long time for the captain to find his feet.

Offline Maxine Dainshire

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »
[Docking Bay 19]

The expanse of the station drew Maxine in the first time she stepped on   it. Not that she was claustrophobic, but having lots of space to move around in was nice. Quite nice. She didn't bring much with her. Just a few personal belongings and clothes, which she was told would be delivered to her quarters, so she decided to report into the captain. She would have time to explore later, or maybe she'd be lucky enough to get a tour.

She hit her comm badge. "Computer, locate Captain Stafford."

"Captain Stafford is on the flight deck."

Perhaps he was overseeing the launch of a new shuttle, she thought. She imagined him cracking open a bottle of champagne on the hull while everyone applauded, then celebrated with hors d'oeuvres and more champagne.

She called up the station map on her PADD and found her destination, then headed for the nearest turbolift.

[Flight Deck]

Max heard a commotion, but it didn't quite sound like a celebration...more like an altercation. She rounded the corner and came upon a scene of utter chaos. One crewman was fighting a woman, another was fighting a civilian man and had been pushed into the captain, and they both fell to the ground. Then security personnel rushed past her to instill order. They were ordered to arrest some ship's crew, so phasers were pulled and more orders barked. As security exited with their new charges, Maxine walked up to the captain.

"Um, begging your pardon, sir. Cadet Maxine Dainshire reporting for duty. I'm a counselor, so if anyone needs to talk..." She trailed off.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2017, 01:43:56 am »
[Main Security, Chief's Office]

Tritter had managed to finish his investigation in a fairly prompt fashion, as he was the type to get things done, he didn't mess around and the man's investigative skills were next to none. The man was seated in his office, he was working on typing up a report on what he had found. In addition to interviewing, he also had been attending autopsies and reviewing evidence obtained by the science department as they had investigated evidence he had provided to them. He had found key things, such as the shipment of rosaries smuggled in, as well as two specific accelerants chemicals, a batch of holy water and palm fronds. He used the mixture of evidence obtained in the interviews he conducted and the video footage to help narrow down the suspects. The actual... apprehending of them was... eventful to say the least.

He had received a distress call, it was a panicked voice on the other end and he knew it was important, they were begging for their life. He had made his way out of the office in a very... quick fashion, in a full run, as he made his way to where he was requested to go. He had made his way to Deck 217, he had been told that he needed to head to the aft section of the deck, to a nearby turbolift... Which there was a young female who was kneeled in a praying type position infront of the half open turbo lift doors, he could hear screaming inside of him. He had ran up to the female he had seen infront of the turbo lift, she had a squeeze bottle in hand and was spraying on the three people inside of the turbo lift, he took her down to the ground and proceeded to apprehend her while she was fighting with him, and trying to spray him with the chemicals/attempt to burn him with the lighter. He would secure her with handcuffs and proceed to pat her down for any weapons past what he saw, she had nothing other as far as weapons were concerned, but she did have a few rosaries and death tarot cards in her pockets... He knew she was the killer immediately, but he didn't let on to it. He would than proceed to have her sitting propped up against the wall, without any weapons or anything, so she was harmless. She would rock back and forth, he could hear her praying, but he said nothing to her.

He proceeded to help the three young people from the turbo lift, he had to pry the doors open further manually using just his hands to open them and it was a challenge, even for him. He would than tap his comm badge and state the following, "Tritter to Medical, I have three coming to sick bay", he gave them clear directions to head to sick bay, and they just agreed with him and proceeded to make their way to sick bay. He would than shift his focus to his prisoner, he would than proceed to grab her around the upper right arm and help her to her feet. He would than round up the few items he had taken from her and lead her back to Main Security. He would than get her situated in an interrogation room, he would take the cuffs off and he would leave her alone for a few moments, he knew who she was and proceeded to investigate her background.

Once he had what he needed, he made his way back to the interrogation room and he sat across from her. She would look at him and state "You need to repent your sins, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost will not welcome you if you do not" He than looked at her and said, "Repent what?" She than stated the following in a calm manner, it was very matter of fact, "You saved those heathens, they do not deserve to live. They are sinners and need to die" Tritter had figured her out fairly quickly, he knew she was a religious zealot, specifically Catholic. He took a moment before he said the following, "Why do they need to die?" She than said, "They have sinned and refused to repent, they need to be cleansed in fire" He pondered for a moment and said the following, "Fire is something you have great reverence for... I know your family died in a fire..." He went to say more and she than cut him off, adding the following "Fire is the great savior and cleaner of this world, I am unworthy, as the fire did not take me. The fire has called me to cleanse the world of sinners with fire. I hope to one day be worthy" Tritter looked at her, he found it very curious indeed, he would reply with, "And who has given you the right to take them?" She smiled a bit, "The Father has chosen me, and I will do his work."

He was trying to understand her, he would than ask, "Why in threes than?" She smiled once again and said, "The Father does things in threes and instructs me to do the same. He speaks to me and that is his wish." She took a moment before she said, "You should forgive your ex and mend, what you live is un-natural and your life of sin will result in the Father not welcoming you" He didn't let her obviously hateful comment get to him, he simply stated, "One day, you may be in a position to speak about my life, but today is not it" He got up, and recuffed her, leading her into a holding cell for the time being. He had the information he needed and he had enough for now. He would than tap his comm badge, "Computer, locate Captain Stafford" He would than hear the following reply, "Lieutenant Commander, Captain Stafford is located on the Flight Deck"

Tritter would exit Main Security, he had his prisoner and things are good for now. He would make his way over to the Flight Deck, he knew the way like the back of his hand. Once he had arrived... He saw a fight, there was an inner part of him that smiled, he could definately use the stress relief, the large Chief made his way over and decided to help the Captain first, he proceed to grab the man off the Captain, he grabbed him around the collar and lifted him as if he weighed nothing more than a piece of paper. He proceeded to cuff the man and sit them down. The fight would instantly stop as soon as he did that, he instructed the other two Security Officers who had been called for to round up the others, and he grabbed another one that tried to run away, he put them down the deck, next to the one who had been ontop of the Captain. He would than look towards Captain Stafford, he offered the man his right hand to help him off the deck.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles