Author Topic: S1 - Minisode 1.1 - Things That Go Bump In The Night  (Read 22644 times)

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1 - Mission 7 - Things That Go Bump In The Night
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »
Operations
Dan had now been in operations for quite a considerable time with no news and he was starting to get a little impatient. He turned to an operations ensign and said "Anything on sensors?" No Sir. We are still scanning, but nothing yet Sir. The Ensign replied. Dan decided to contact the security teams to see if they had got any clues yet and so tapped his combadge =/\= Howell to Tritter, You found anything yet Commander?" =/\=
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
Main Security

Katheryn had silently followed behind Chief Tritter as he led her through the various decks noting that he had taken a longer way but she welcomed it as not only would it keep her fit but also allowed  her to understand the layout of the station a bit better. They soon arrived at their destination and after acknowledging those they passed with a brief nod and smile before continuing to follow the Chief into his office and took a seat as requested. 

Watching as he then pulled up the footage from the Cargo Bay, her attention not wavering from what she was seeing and when he stopped and zoomed in on the woman couldn't quite believe that she was Starfleet. But what followed next shocked her to the very core, dumbstruck almost with the way the victim had been led to her death and the brutal way in which she was killed. Wondering what had possessed the woman to do such a thing and the barbarity of it yet at the same time knew she couldn't let her emotions get in the way again and that there had to be more to it. Questions forming in her mind and the need to find this woman in uniform intensifying with every second.

[Location: Chief of Securities Office]

His gaze was intent and focused on the screen, he didn't really deviate from focusing on it. He seemed oddly un-bothered by what was a horrific and violent event taking place infront of him. The gray eyes stuck out to him, it was an important clue. He watched how the suspect just stood there and watched her burn, like it was nothing. Which he found eerie. He than paused the video where the woman had turned to face the camera, again, with her eyes being gray. He shifted his focus towards the Lieutenant, he had turned to face her. He than stated, "It is obvious she is some type of Star Fleet type, I have seen the gray eyes before, she is controlling them psychically so they can't fight." Although he left off how he knew that, his spouse is psychic and he has seen him do that before.

Operations
Dan had now been in operations for quite a considerable time with no news and he was starting to get a little impatient. He turned to an operations ensign and said "Anything on sensors?" No Sir. We are still scanning, but nothing yet Sir. The Ensign replied. Dan decided to contact the security teams to see if they had got any clues yet and so tapped his combadge =/\= Howell to Tritter, You found anything yet Commander?" =/\=

Tritter's train of thought was interrupted when he heard the Executive Officer's voice come over his comm badge, he took a moment to let what the man said sink in. He would than tap his  comm badge and reply with, "Nothing in relation to Mr. Jett's shenanigans, but we have our own issues we are handling right now" He didn't provide further details as he knew that they had this issue well under control and there was no need to burden others with what is going on. He than shifted his focus back towards Lieutenant Carter "Captain Stafford has given me full authority to handle this investigation, we need to begin with interviewing select Officers of our crew, there is significant likelihood that they have seen something but don't know it, but I have good ways of getting that information" The way he said it and how he carried himself almost made himself sound scary, but he actually had a very... easy way to get it that was not harsh.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Vem, son of Motag

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Today is NOT a good day to die.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2017, 07:20:06 am »
[Hallway-Near Cargo bay 27]

After talking to the woman for a couple of minutes, Jett wondered down the hallway.  He wondered about the murder and who was after it.

Knowing security they have probably checked the area, however not all the data is in the crime scene is with the people around the scene

[Chaplain's Log]
"Observations on the qualities of sentient life, day two-hundred an' twelve. Topic, one Thomas Jett. I've often mused in des' logs about what makes a human a human. I've said that day' have what amounts to pattern-recognition machines for brains, a particular social proclivity for the tenants of da' selfish gene theory, tend to organize into hierarchies, an' equate social closeness with an improvement in quality. Thomas is something of an outlier, maybe a 4th standard deviation from da' norm.

He is like da' moka-moka bird. Those who leave their great migratory clusters and strike out on their solo polar voyages are the ones dat' live the longest and breed the most aggressively and don't last long once they get old and chose to return to da' migratory cluster. Thomas is better off on his own I think- it's clear that, like the rogue moka-moka bird, he longs to be part of a larger organization but his path in life has lead him astray.

I watched him today try to do a gallant ding'. He tried to pass off some intelligence I learned but his adverse reaction to da' way the Federation does it'z business caused him to react. He's like the Volian death lizards on Kondar 4- he fights back just because someone shows signs of typical male agression. As a Klingon... or maybe as a former Klingon... I get this. A show of force can only be meet with a larger show of force but... maybe this is wrong.

This seems to be a trend wid' him. I spent sum' time wid' a Ferengi after the aforementioned incident and ended up in a bar called Black Sun's Bar. Not my typical haunt but da' Ferengi liked it. He ran when a fight broke out between an aggressive male hu-mon' an' a poor hu-mon female who was being abused by it. I was gunna' speak my piece, but Thomas showed his species' focus on the selfish gene theory by steppin' in and dealing wid' the aggressive male. Now, maybe I'm bein' clinical here because I don't wanna' let my emotions get too involved in ‘dis but, emotionally- I like Jett. I didn't need to rat ‘im out and if yer' listening to this ‘Aptain, I did what I thought was right at the time. He did something illegal, but ethical. Morality vs legality is a paradigm I'm all too well versed in. It's the difference between me and Hust... and the ‘Aptain might be somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, I watched Thomas. He was a good man. He is a good man. I didn't need to step in. I jus' watched. I watched him prove that despite being the rogue moka-moka bird, he was still the sort of sentient creature who understood compassion. Compassion.... that's how I should judge all sentient creatures. The ability to do for others in their time of need despite the toll it takes on the individual. Maybe I could explain it wid' some selfish gene theory bullspit, but... I like to believe in compassion

The large dreadlocked Klingon approached Thomas' side.
Vem said, not looking at Capt. Jett but instead down the hall like the other rubber-neckers. He was clearly, however, talking to Thomas. Despite being a Klingon, Vem exuded an air of relaxed calm rather than tense readiness to fight and he wore a lazy smile.

Vem, Son of Motag
Federation Humanitarian Chaplain
Homeopathic Doctor

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2017, 01:02:44 pm »
[Location: Chief of Securities Office]

His gaze was intent and focused on the screen, he didn't really deviate from focusing on it. He seemed oddly un-bothered by what was a horrific and violent event taking place infront of him. The gray eyes stuck out to him, it was an important clue. He watched how the suspect just stood there and watched her burn, like it was nothing. Which he found eerie. He than paused the video where the woman had turned to face the camera, again, with her eyes being gray. He shifted his focus towards the Lieutenant, he had turned to face her. He than stated, "It is obvious she is some type of Star Fleet type, I have seen the gray eyes before, she is controlling them psychically so they can't fight." Although he left off how he knew that, his spouse is psychic and he has seen him do that before.

Tritter's train of thought was interrupted when he heard the Executive Officer's voice come over his comm badge, he took a moment to let what the man said sink in. He would than tap his  comm badge and reply with, "Nothing in relation to Mr. Jett's shenanigans, but we have our own issues we are handling right now" He didn't provide further details as he knew that they had this issue well under control and there was no need to burden others with what is going on. He than shifted his focus back towards Lieutenant Carter "Captain Stafford has given me full authority to handle this investigation, we need to begin with interviewing select Officers of our crew, there is significant likelihood that they have seen something but don't know it, but I have good ways of getting that information" The way he said it and how he carried himself almost made himself sound scary, but he actually had a very... easy way to get it that was not harsh.

Chief of Security Office

Katheryn had continued to watch the footage trying her best to keep focused and her emotions in check and getting better at hiding her horror at was unfolding in front of her. Wondering what possessed someone to not only kill a person but watch as it happened in the most brutal way she could think of and when the Chief paused it and showed the killer and their gray eyes she understood what he was saying yet had never seen anyone like it before nor was she going to question him how he knew as it made sense. " I agree Chief " she replied just before the hail came through from Commander Howell and as the Chief spoke to him she returned her focus for a moment or two back to the gray eyed woman and more questions formed about her and how the victim never had a chance or know what was going on.

Maybe that was a good thing in a way but when the Chief ended the comm and spoke to her again she looked at him once more and listened to what their next step would be. Interviewing members of the crew might seem a little awkward but they had a job to do and she would do whatever he needed her too and she had no problem with how the Chief had ways to get the information they required and besides she would no doubt learn from him. " I understand Chief and I'm ready to do whatever you need me to do".

Academy Commandant

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2017, 04:33:10 pm »

For the next couple of hours, Tom tried to find clues of the event that lead up to the murder.  A Murder on this station was not a common occurrence.  The thing that bothered Jett the most, is that there will be little motive to kill someone in Starfleet territory.   They have the most advance science and forencics technology. 

Every fiber in his being told him that something was off with this killing.  He just din't know why or how.  He kept walking and took a moment to sit down on the floor.  He knew he was a wanted man for now TWO  crimes or more. 

As was taking deep breaths, to rest a little before moving on he was interrupted by a person that approached his side.

The large dreadlocked Klingon approached Thomas' side.
Vem said, not looking at Capt. Jett but instead down the hall like the other rubber-neckers. He was clearly, however, talking to Thomas. Despite being a Klingon, Vem exuded an air of relaxed calm rather than tense readiness to fight and he wore a lazy smile.

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 05:20:03 pm »
[Promenade]

As the security officers began their investigation, Hust began his own. He tracked down the signature of the phase pistol, and followed it, arriving well too late. It had been registered firing once and had since left the station- in the posession of a new person who was most definitely not Jett. He decided not to bother with the energy cell after that- it was Jett he wanted. He didn't find the weapon itself, but did find a scorch mark and what looked like some biomatter. Judging from the rest of the records he found, the weapon had been fired recently. He decided if he were to find anything, he had better get down to the medical ward.

He didn't have authorization, or legal ability, to scan for Jett's bio-signs, and even then he wouldn't have a record to match them against. So he had to content himself with a old-fashioned physical search.

[Sickbay]

He walked into the sickbay and heard the obviously intoxicated man talking. He heard the name "Jett" passed around and his eyes narrowed. He talked to the man, finding the weapon and taking it into evidence, which beamed quickly off to a secure storage locker. While it didn't give him any lead onto Jett, it was something he could use- Phase pistols were rather unique, especially the one that Jett was registered to own- this one. "Where is the man, do you know?" he asked the drunk, trying to find something useful. All he knew was he had to find this man, before he got away with more stuff.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:59 am »
Chief of Security Office

Katheryn had continued to watch the footage trying her best to keep focused and her emotions in check and getting better at hiding her horror at was unfolding in front of her. Wondering what possessed someone to not only kill a person but watch as it happened in the most brutal way she could think of and when the Chief paused it and showed the killer and their gray eyes she understood what he was saying yet had never seen anyone like it before nor was she going to question him how he knew as it made sense. " I agree Chief " she replied just before the hail came through from Commander Howell and as the Chief spoke to him she returned her focus for a moment or two back to the gray eyed woman and more questions formed about her and how the victim never had a chance or know what was going on.

Maybe that was a good thing in a way but when the Chief ended the comm and spoke to her again she looked at him once more and listened to what their next step would be. Interviewing members of the crew might seem a little awkward but they had a job to do and she would do whatever he needed her too and she had no problem with how the Chief had ways to get the information they required and besides she would no doubt learn from him. " I understand Chief and I'm ready to do whatever you need me to do".

Tritter nodded to Lieutenant Carter. He pulled out a PADD and proceeded to scan through the crew manifest. He knew that there had to be someone who had... witnessed something and that even small little things could even be huge to the investigation. He shifted his gaze to focus on Lieutenant Carter "We are going to have to interview selected members of the crew, we can do it one of two days, you can come with me or you can choose to take the lead and interview half of them yourself. Any preferences?" His tone was mellow and focused, he knew how to do what needed to be done, but he didn't know if she was ready to take on such a role herself.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Non-Playing Character 2

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 02:43:44 am »
The Ensign had been focused on assisting with the autopsy of the first victim. However, his focus on the autopsy would be short lived, when he heard one of the stations Security Officer's voices come over his comm badge, "Lieutenant Davis to Ensign Michaels, we have another body, located on Shuttle Bay 12" Michaels was curious, the Shuttle Bays are usually a busy place, but it is pretty brazen of this to do. He looked towards to the Doctor handling the autopsy, he stated, "Sir, with your permission, I will look into this" The Doctor noddled slightly, "Please proceed Ensign" The Ensign replied with, "Thank you Sir" The man proceeded to exit the autopsy room, he would than de-glove and de-scrub, he tossed the gloves into evidence, same with his scrubs, as you never know when evidence may be found.

He would than tap his comm badge and replied with, "Sir, I am on my way" He proceeded to grab what one may call a "Dead Body kit", which consists of a body bag, gloves, as well as evidence collection equipment. The man would make his way towards the Shuttle Bay the Security Lieutenant mentioned. He would notice the badly burnt body in the middle of the shuttle bay. He would look towards the Security Lieutenant, "They have balls, don't they?" His tone was slightly humorous. The suspect had quite the pair for being able to burn someone in the middle of a fairly busy shuttle bay with not being caught. The Lieutenant chuckled quietly, "Agreed, we need to get all the evidence we can from this victim. Chief Tritter has put some faith in me that I can handle this while he interviews certain crew members, and I would prefer to not disappoint him"

The Ensign replied with, "I understand Sir, I won't disappoint" He knew that the Chief was the type that if he put his faith in you, he was the type you didn't want to disappoint him and even if he didn't voice it, you could see it in his eyes. The Ensign proceeded to methodically go over the body, he first placed a large piece of plastic underneath the body, to capture any evidence that may slough off as he goes through the body. He would proceed to bag the hands, as the best way to preserve any evidence there. He would than proceed to swab various areas of the body, as he knew the last victim had been doused in chemicals and he knew he would need to have swabs to test for what exactly was used to burn the victim. He would than proceed to bag up the victim once he was done and than slid the body onto the gurney he brought. The Ensign would than lift the gurney and wheel the body out of the shuttle bay back to the morgue.

The Lieutenant than tapped his comm badge, "Chief, the most recent victim has been sent back to the morgue and the area has been combed. We have only found the same items you did on the last victim, nothing new" The Chief would take a moment before he replied with, "Thank you Lieutenant, store it for evidence. I am heading off to interview crew, please keep me in the loop" The Lieutenant was truthfully worried, as he knew there was a lot of pressure on him now and he would make his way back towards Main Security to get the evidence secured. He got back to the evidence locker, he studied the various items that they had gotten from the victims and crime scenes... He wondered to himself what this was telling him, the Chief always told him, that sometimes the biggest thing is not what is there, but what is not there and soon enough, they would learn why that was soo important and completely on point.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2017, 11:50:42 am »
Tritter nodded to Lieutenant Carter. He pulled out a PADD and proceeded to scan through the crew manifest. He knew that there had to be someone who had... witnessed something and that even small little things could even be huge to the investigation. He shifted his gaze to focus on Lieutenant Carter "We are going to have to interview selected members of the crew, we can do it one of two days, you can come with me or you can choose to take the lead and interview half of them yourself. Any preferences?" His tone was mellow and focused, he knew how to do what needed to be done, but he didn't know if she was ready to take on such a role herself.

Chief of Security's Office

Katheryn thought about the options and ever since she had arrived on the base it had been a massive learning curve compared to what she had done previously and thoughts of the previous mission came to the front of her mind again. How she was supposed to question the freighter crew only for it to change suddenly, become hostage and then witnessing their suicide and she knew that either way she would be involved and learning so much more and also what she was capable of. So when she looked back at the Chief she gave her answer knowing it was exactly how she felt and that she was also being honest with him. " No preferences Chief I'm happy with either way and what you think would be the best for me to do ".

Academy Commandant

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2017, 03:14:19 pm »
Chief of Security's Office

Katheryn thought about the options and ever since she had arrived on the base it had been a massive learning curve compared to what she had done previously and thoughts of the previous mission came to the front of her mind again. How she was supposed to question the freighter crew only for it to change suddenly, become hostage and then witnessing their suicide and she knew that either way she would be involved and learning so much more and also what she was capable of. So when she looked back at the Chief she gave her answer knowing it was exactly how she felt and that she was also being honest with him. " No preferences Chief I'm happy with either way and what you think would be the best for me to do ".

[Location: Chief of Security's Office -> Main Science]

Tritter pondered the Lieutenant's comment, he figured he would push her to be even better and be able to handle these types of issues on her own. He would than reply with the following, "Lieutenant, if you are up for the challenge, you can take the lead on a few of the others, and I'll show you in one interview how it is done. It's a different technique, but it works well. I learned it early on in my Law Enforcement Career and perfected it over a few years, and it is highly applicable here. But I feel it is better I show you, instead of tell you"

He skimmed through the roster once again and he decided on a first... victim, er, guinea pig. He would than state, "Our first one will be Lieutenant T'Prina" He than shifted focus and stated to the computer, "Computer, locate Ensign T'Prina" A moment later, a female's voice would reply with "Lieutenant T'Prina is located in Main Science, in the lab" Tritter than shifted focus back towards Lieutenant Carter "Time to get to it" He would rise to his feet and proceed to make his way out of the office and towards Main Science, which was a decent ways away, but he always felt the exercise was good for him, so it didn't bother him one bit. He would than make his way into Main Science, he never had really been here before. He wasn't the type that would be found in this area often. He would than look towards one of the Science Officers, who asked him "How may I help you Sir?" The Chief replied with "I am looking for Lieutenant T'Prina, Ensign" The man replied with a slightly nervous sounding "Straight down the corridor to my right, four doors down on the left" Tritter nodded slightly and looked towards Lieutenant Carter, he asked a simple "Ready?" to her.

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2017, 03:33:43 pm »
[Location: Chief of Security's Office -> Main Science]

Tritter pondered the Lieutenant's comment, he figured he would push her to be even better and be able to handle these types of issues on her own. He would than reply with the following, "Lieutenant, if you are up for the challenge, you can take the lead on a few of the others, and I'll show you in one interview how it is done. It's a different technique, but it works well. I learned it early on in my Law Enforcement Career and perfected it over a few years, and it is highly applicable here. But I feel it is better I show you, instead of tell you"

He skimmed through the roster once again and he decided on a first... victim, er, guinea pig. He would than state, "Our first one will be Lieutenant T'Prina" He than shifted focus and stated to the computer, "Computer, locate Ensign T'Prina" A moment later, a female's voice would reply with "Lieutenant T'Prina is located in Main Science, in the lab" Tritter than shifted focus back towards Lieutenant Carter "Time to get to it" He would rise to his feet and proceed to make his way out of the office and towards Main Science, which was a decent ways away, but he always felt the exercise was good for him, so it didn't bother him one bit. He would than make his way into Main Science, he never had really been here before. He wasn't the type that would be found in this area often. He would than look towards one of the Science Officers, who asked him "How may I help you Sir?" The Chief replied with "I am looking for Lieutenant T'Prina, Ensign" The man replied with a slightly nervous sounding "Straight down the corridor to my right, four doors down on the left" Tritter nodded slightly and looked towards Lieutenant Carter, he asked a simple "Ready?" to her.

Main Science
The fact that the Chief wanted to show her rather than tell her was perfect for the young Scandinavian as she always preferred that way to learn new things and show her understanding by following what she had learnt as it always seemed to stay with her longer and had no intention of letting him down when it came to her chance to take the lead when questioning her share of the list of people to talk too. She was also reminded of someone else who was close to her and smiled at thought of what he would think when they next caught up again.

However those thoughts could wait as she followed the Chief through the station and towards Main Science again it wasn't an area that she was familiar with but would memorize where it was should she need to visit another time and kept up with the same pace as Commander Tritter until they finally arrived and he asked if she was ready once they had been told where they could find Lieutenant T'Prina " Yes Chief " she replied just as briefly.

Academy Commandant

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2017, 03:40:58 pm »
Main Science
The fact that the Chief wanted to show her rather than tell her was perfect for the young Scandinavian as she always preferred that way to learn new things and show her understanding by following what she had learnt as it always seemed to stay with her longer and had no intention of letting him down when it came to her chance to take the lead when questioning her share of the list of people to talk too. She was also reminded of someone else who was close to her and smiled at thought of what he would think when they next caught up again.

However those thoughts could wait as she followed the Chief through the station and towards Main Science again it wasn't an area that she was familiar with but would memorize where it was should she need to visit another time and kept up with the same pace as Commander Tritter until they finally arrived and he asked if she was ready once they had been told where they could find Lieutenant T'Prina " Yes Chief " she replied just as briefly.

[Location: Main Science]

Tritter nodded to her reply, he would than turn on a heel, make his way down the corridor, he followed the directions as given. He would turn towards the fourth doorway, the doors would slide open as the Chief made his way inside. The Science Officers just looked at him, they didn't speak, but they exuded an aura of being terrified, he was quite perceptive and could easily pick up on it. He would easily make his way through the area until he found Ensign T'Prina, he would than approach the Lieutenant and state, "Lieutenant T'Prina, will you come with us please?" His tone was confident but a bit more... forceful than usual, as he knew she might object, but this necessary and he hoped that it would not turn into something ugly, thats the last thing he needed today.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 09:33:48 am »
[Location: Main Science]

Tritter nodded to her reply, he would than turn on a heel, make his way down the corridor, he followed the directions as given. He would turn towards the fourth doorway, the doors would slide open as the Chief made his way inside. The Science Officers just looked at him, they didn't speak, but they exuded an aura of being terrified, he was quite perceptive and could easily pick up on it. He would easily make his way through the area until he found Ensign T'Prina, he would than approach the Lieutenant and state, "Lieutenant T'Prina, will you come with us please?" His tone was confident but a bit more... forceful than usual, as he knew she might object, but this necessary and he hoped that it would not turn into something ugly, thats the last thing he needed today.

[Main Science]

T'Prina looked up, outwardly placid but internally annoyed. She hated to be interrupted, particularly during an interesting series of experimentation. Still it wasn't everyday the chief of Security sought her out.

"Chief Tritter. You have perfect timing. I just finished reviewing the results from the full spectrum analysis I ran to determine the accelerants used. Unfortunately, although they produce a unique flammable reaction when combined, the two chemicals are rather commonly found in. typical cleaning solutions and several similar cosmetic sprays."

She frowned, disappointed that the results had been somewhat inconclusive and unable to narrow it down further. There was more to explain though.

"There was a third element, however. It was organic rather than chemical. It was a damaged plant based cellulose.  The structure seems to correspond to the Earth Palmetto. I do not understand the significance of that."

The Vulcan took out a PADD and turned it towards Tritter. Additional analytic information was sprawled across the screen, concerning evidence found in the victim.

"There were some sort of cards found folded into thirds and placed in the esophagus of the victims. Fingerprint analysis proved negligible, no prints to be found. The cards themselves seem to be of some arcane Earth design. The database noted them as Tarot. They seem to have some mystical or religious meaning. I would suggest consulting with an expert in that field."

She noticed that although stoic, the Chief had an air of impatience. It was easy to deduce he hadn't come for an explanation of her research. Still, she was planning to report to him and his sudden appearance in the lab took care of that efficiently.

"Now that the formality is cleared, what is it you want me to do, sir?"

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Hust Kinun

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 04:05:33 pm »
[Sickbay]

Hust found no useful information on the sickbay patient- he was too drunk. So Hust took his matters in his own hands, pacing and walking around, trying to find Jett in a fanatic search. With no evidence all he had was his spite and determination, becoming obsessed with the search, although entirely baseless in where to look. He'd keep at this for hours, if need be.
Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:58 pm »
[Sickbay]

Hust found no useful information on the sickbay patient- he was too drunk. So Hust took his matters in his own hands, pacing and walking around, trying to find Jett in a fanatic search. With no evidence all he had was his spite and determination, becoming obsessed with the search, although entirely baseless in where to look. He'd keep at this for hours, if need be.

[Passageway Outside Sickbay]

Stafford had requistioned a sidearm from the armory. He did not think that he would have time to use it, considering who he was up against, but felt safer with it just the same. And Jett had already proven he was willing to pull the trigger himself.

The captain spotted Kinun and raised a hand to get his attention.

"Want to fill me in, ensign?" He asked. "What have they been able to find, if anything?"

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles