The Next Chapter: New SIMM, New Task Group!

Started by Constance Lafayette, March 08, 2017, 11:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lena Atwood

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on March 09, 2017, 07:58:20 PM

I can't speak for the Captains. Events that span multiple months do have logistical / engagement issues but it seems reasonable to, from a narrative perspective, not head back to a Starbase all the time.

Good good, I had an idea for multiple mission story line, I might see about typing it up then if there's any interest?
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 09, 2017, 08:02:16 PM

Good good, I had an idea for multiple mission story line, I might see about typing it up then if there's any interest?

Speaking as a CO, I am always interested in player mission submissions. In fact, we are starting one written by a member of the Starbase crew next month that will be a two parter.

Constance Lafayette

Yeah some COs like them, others don't.
Personally, I am not as excited by them (totally personal thing) because it means I have to lock two missions together. Two months of roleplaying is a REAL long time to keep the engagement level alive. Adding a B-plot that continues though a bunch of stories is much easier to do logistically.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Lena Atwood

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on March 09, 2017, 08:15:58 PM

Yeah some COs like them, others don't.
Personally, I am not as excited by them (totally personal thing) because it means I have to lock two missions together. Two months of roleplaying is a REAL long time to keep the engagement level alive. Adding a B-plot that continues though a bunch of stories is much easier to do logistically.

I don't mean a literal two month long mission, what I mean is if a ship gets damaged in a mission the ship is still damaged the mission after. But with a separate plot. Its more about decisions in character having consequences.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 09, 2017, 08:19:18 PM

I don't mean a literal two month long mission, what I mean is if a ship gets damaged in a mission the ship is still damaged the mission after. But with a separate plot. Its more about decisions in character having consequences.

Oh, sure. If you were on the Starbase I'd encourage that kind of continuity.

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 09, 2017, 08:19:18 PM

Oh yeah- that's just continuity. We try to employ that whenever possible on all ships.

Kira Wyman

This is a big step for the site and I look forward to being a part of it! I'd like to thank all of the command staff for your continued support, it is truly great to see people so committed to keeping the place in tip top condition. I think I speak for all of us when I say we're grateful for everything you do!

So without further ado... Thank you!

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Constance Lafayette

Just a reminder guys: Vote for the Ship Name!
We have some clear front-runners emerging but your vote can still swing it!

Kirok

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on March 13, 2017, 09:31:44 PM

Just a reminder guys: Vote for the Ship Name!
We have some clear front-runners emerging but your vote can still swing it!

Fleeters,

Let me first say that I fully support this!

Constance is going to do a GREAT GREAT job of running the Bravo side of our site.  She first started on my ship and was a hard worker from the start.  She has my full confidence and support.

And together, we have finally reached a milestone that I never thought possible.  We are have enough member to open our 6th SIMM.  And more importantly Task Force Bravo!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for help us reach this goal.  It makes all the countless hours of work fulfilling!  And all the sleepless nights worrying abut the site worth it!

And to add to announcement above, we need to fill in a few CLO holes on the various ship.  As such, I'm happy to promote the following (as of April 1):

Leo Scott -> SO of the Athena

James Hawk -> XO of the Tempest

Alex Wu -> SO of the Tempest

Please help me to congratulate these player!

SFF! = Shadow Fleet Forever,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Solluk

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Jettis Jyur

Alexander Wu

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on March 14, 2017, 01:58:11 AM

Hoorah! Lot's of cake to go around. :P

The cake is a lie. The cake is always a lie.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Lena Atwood

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.