The Next Chapter: New SIMM, New Task Group!

Started by Constance Lafayette, March 08, 2017, 11:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance Lafayette

So today I have the distinct pleasure of announcing to you guys not one but TWO exciting things. We've been working hard behind the scenes to bring you guys the next chapter of Shadow Fleet. Our membership has been swelling to a point we've not yet seen on this site and we are launching a new ship to compensate!

The New Ship
So onto the most exciting news- yes, we will be launching a new ship. The name of the ship and the class will be voted on by you guys but here is what we have so far:
  • Commanding Officer: William Waring
  • Executive Officer: Dylan Torngate
  • 2nd Officer: T'Ra Jones

Please congratulate them when you are able.

Now go and vote on the ship class and give us your suggestions for names!

Task Group Bravo
That also brings us to another milestone- a "Task Group" is a division that has about 4-5 ships attached to it and... this now SIMM would bring us to 6. That means we will be launching a new "Task Group"!

What that means is: Part of our site will be "Task Group Alpha" and the other will be "Task Group Bravo".

Task Group Alpha will contain:

• USS Shran
  • USS Discover
  • Starbase Columbus

Task Group Bravo will contain:

• USS Athena
  • USS Tempest
  • The New Ship

The premise of Task Group Bravo will be:

"The ships of Task Group Bravo are the first ships given permission to explore the Gamma Quadrant after the collapse of The Dominion. Their mission is to explore the Quadrant for the Federation, establish relations, and navigate the difficult political waters of a Quadrant still rebuilding itself. They will explore unknown worlds, seek out new technologies and allies, and boldly gone where no Federation ships have gone before."
    We will do more announcements on this later but I will be heading up Task Group Bravo while Kirok will remain in command of Task Group Alpha. You can still transfer between them and talk to any admin about any problem (if you tell us- we are still going to discuss it) but we are going to have "eyes on" our Task Group a bit more (there are a LOT of you!).

Special Thanks
    So I wanted to take a paragraph here and explain who is responsible for the launching of this new ship. It's you. Each and every one of you who posts every day, posts on the chats, argues over Pineapple Pizza in the OOC (it's still disgusting), or even just logs on to see what's new. From the old members who are returning, the new members who have given us their passion, the CLO staff who gets on 30+ min Skype calls over the weekends and hashes things out with decorum and (mostly) stays on track, to Kirok who deserves more than our thanks for the monstrous amount of behind the scenes stuff he does. Every single person on this site makes this happen and I hope to be making another post like this next year when we are even larger and better because of your continued contributions.

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
    -Constance Lafayette

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Julia Rellek

Someone's gotta say it....

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO

Go Shadowfleet
Go Shadowfleet
We Gonna Party Like it's Your Birthday!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

D'Vid

Pinapple ALWAYS rule on Pizza. To make it worse there is ANOTHER pizza with PINAPPLE I forgot what it's name. So HA HA to you!

And I am happy for us getting a new ship. Just don't make us a special cheerleader on a video. LOL.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

D'Vid

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Julia Rellek

Quote from: D'Vid on March 09, 2017, 12:35:59 AM

Pinapple ALWAYS rule on Pizza. To make it worse there is ANOTHER pizza with PINAPPLE I forgot what it's name. So HA HA to you!

And I am happy for us getting a new ship. Just don't make us a special cheerleader on a video. LOL.

I hadn't thought of that...

Begins choreographing special cheer.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Ser Conley

Congratulations to our new command staff. 

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kyan Mackenzie

You guys have officially MSFGA!

Seriously though, this site has come a very very long way since I first saw it. I love it!

Race Warez

It's very pleasing to see this wonderful site growing!
You all should be very proud.

[

Malcolm Adeyemi

Congrats everyone! Here's to a whole new chapter.

Lena Atwood

Congrats to our new command staff!

Question: Are the missions for the new task group going to be more continual? Are they going to be direct continuations from the last as the ships are on long duration missions?

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 09, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

Congrats to our new command staff!

Question: Are the missions for the new task group going to be more continual? Are they going to be direct continuations from the last as the ships are on long duration missions?

That will be up for the command staff of each ship to decide but that's not something that is "baked in" to the assumption of Bravo.
In fact Bravo can head back to the Alpha/Beta quadrant if they want for missions (and vice versa). It's more a "this is generally your mission".

Lena Atwood

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on March 09, 2017, 07:50:03 PM

That will be up for the command staff of each ship to decide but that's not something that is "baked in" to the assumption of Bravo.
In fact Bravo can head back to the Alpha/Beta quadrant if they want for missions (and vice versa). It's more a "this is generally your mission".

Ah ok, does that mean that command staff would be more open to mission suggestions that encompass several missions without returning to a spacedock?
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.ââ,¬â€ Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Constance Lafayette

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 09, 2017, 07:55:10 PM

Ah ok, does that mean that command staff would be more open to mission suggestions that encompass several missions without returning to a spacedock?

I can't speak for the Captains. Events that span multiple months do have logistical / engagement issues but it seems reasonable to, from a narrative perspective, not head back to a Starbase all the time.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.